• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Olivia Svensson
jmkgh-png.355238

Olivia grinned as Nicolo told her she looked lovely. "Thank you, handsome sir," he replied to him. She giggled as he over-exaggerated how much he'd missed her. "I keep my word when it comes to social gatherings, I'll have you know." Looking around the table, everyone seemed to be in good spirits - Vinnie was looking especially happy with himself. "So, what did I miss? Your dad looks to be in good spirits. What's that about?" she curiously asked.
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Leo Davide
tumblr_mmehlsr3kf1rare4zo1_500-gif.355183

"Aww, what? Your landlord is miserable. What's he got against dogs?" he rhetorically asked.

Leo raised a curious eyebrows when Athena said the waiter seemed pretty nice. He wondered if she really was so oblivious to what had gone on. "Yeah, he seemed real nice. I think he was flirting with you. I know flirting when I see it, and I think he took a shine to you," he told her, trying to keep his tone light. He wasn't sure why he was telling her. What if she realised she'd just been flirted with and she was attracted to the waiter? "I can't blame him, though. He must have a good eye for an attractive lady," he said. He then thought about what he'd just said and wondered if it was wrong of him to start flirting too, like he had to claim her before the waiter did. She was more than just a possession to be claimed. He'd tell her so, if he could find the courage to make a move.
Lamia Lamia

Nicolo Romano
Nick-Jonas-e1408323963973.jpg

"Nothing exciting has happened so far, but now that your here the fun can begin" he said with a wink but when she mentioned his father, his eye looked over towards where he was sitting. Now that she had mentioned it, his father did appear to be overly happy which could be seen as somewhat unsettling. "I'd love to say he's just happy to have us all together but" Nicolo scanned the guests sitting around the table and noticed the missing presence of Angel. "Angel isn't here so I say he's planned something". Nicolo wasn't really bothered that his father had probably planned something against the Sullivans nor did he care that Angel was more than likely out taking care of business. However it did slighly annoy him that he had not been made aware of what was happening or been involved in the planning. But he pushed this to the back of his mind and decided to focus on tonight and have fun with Olivia.​
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

rsz_6e2acc693c65cc3838db21aa6f063e54--hey-girl-ryan-gosling.jpg

Angel entered the restaurant exhausted and in need of a drink. The two goons that had gone with him also came inside. Angel had left the bandana behind, now holding his fedora in his hand. The waitress pointed out the hat rack to him. Angel instantly thanked her and moved for it. He rested the fedora on the top, placing his heavy trench coat just below it. He then removed the gloves off of his hands as he moved over to Vinnie's table. It was obvious he wanted to talk to Vinnie, however, he was polite and acknowledge the other guests. "Hello, everyone." He said, slightly out of breath. "Sorry i'm late." He looked to his reserved sit, sitting down with everyone. He quickly caught up, ordering his food the moment the waitress caught his gaze. He decided a steak would be fitting. When asked for a beverage, he strangely enough ordered bourbon.

He nodded to Vinnie, confirming it was done, before looking around the table. "Hi Alex, Athena." He said, nodding to them, "Leo, Nicolo, Lorenzo." He said, nodding to them as well with a friendly smile. "So, how's everyone's evening so far?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray ReverseTex ReverseTex Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown

Vincenzo Romano
09571387053fa33551f483d377add60a-jpg.355021

Vinnie watched Angel approach the table and observed the man as he located his seat. "That's not a problem. As long as you've had a productive evening," he excused the man's tardiness. He caught the nod Angel sent him and sent a pleased smile in his direction. Other than when making offensive business proposals, Emmet had been an okay sort of guy. However, it was good to have the man out of the equation and the rest of the family most likely collapsing under the pressure. The Sullivans wouldn't be a problem now and in a few months they'd likely be just a name from the past. Another weak challenger. "Well, I know my evening is great. Keeps getting better," he said, sending Angel a nod.

When Angel arrived, the body language and words from Vinnie seemed to confirm to Olivia what Nicolo had just been saying. No doubt the two men had really had something planned after all. "I think you're right," she quietly told Nicolo. She was sure whatever it was wouldn't have been pleasant, but she was part of the Romanos so there was no room for her to judge the family's members.

Enzyme Enzyme ReverseTex ReverseTex Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lucy Sullivan

a9654bd50caf87e858d79224b3a27c16--cannes-film-festival--cannes-.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy was glad that he was able to understand her small gesture of acknowledgement, for she couldn't find any words to say in those moments. She had failed her family in more than one way tonight, and they didn't even know it. She didn't deserve the sympathy they would give her for planning the party and having it go terribly wrong, she wouldn't accept them telling her that this wasn't her fault. Lucy knew she had led her father to his death, and that if she would have told James about the meeting with Angel, he would still be with them. The numbness that took over her body was terrifying, she didn't want to feel the pain of what she had caused didn't want to let it consume her. So she chose to feel absolutely nothing at all. When James brushed off the injury, telling her that it was just another one to add to the collection, she wondered if there would be any way to stop him from receiving another. As she stared out at the others, she shivered from both her soaking wet clothing and because her body felt weak. Angel was going to pay for what he did. He betrayed her trust, and if he thought that he could continue to use her as he pleased, he had another thing coming. Lucy would let him think he had the upper hand, she would fight for control and once he trusted her to be on his side....she would take everything he values and holds dear away from him. Lucy could practically taste the sweet revenge, her brows furrowed together for a moment as she leaned her head on James shoulder.​
Finn Sullivan

images

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia
Finn was luckily a great lip reader so he understood what Conor mouthed to him. Looking him dead in the face, he held a serious expression one that was rarely seen. "The way to show that the enemy has lost is by persevering above this chaos....I know it going to be hard Conor but dammit you are in charge now, you are the boss. Your mother and sisters need you to tell them its going to be okay, that you will keep them safe to the best of your abilities and will even die trying." Finn offered these words of encouragement, seeing that no one else was about to give them. Finn did well in these types of situations, extracting himself from it until he could break down in private. He was always there as a shoulder to cry on.

"Come on Sinnabon...let's get you and Aidan out of here hmm?" He asked seeing the boy looking just as devastated as everyone else. Finn knew that the sooner everyone were to stop looking at the body, the sooner they could begin to heal. Finn helped her to her feet but opted for carrying her bridal style like he had done with Lucy. "I know Sin...it'll pass sweetie...I promise." He spoke to her in a hushed and comforting tone. Looking to Conor again, he nodded his head. "Do what you have to as a leader Conor...we are the Sullivan's. We will get through this." With that, he moved over to Aidan and nodded his head at him slightly. "Come on Aid..." He said motioning his head towards the front of the building that was well away from the body and where it would be out of sight.

Last edited:
Nicolo Romano and Alexandra Romano
Nick-Jonas-e1408323963973.jpg

ramj50-l-610x610-dress-selena+gomez-leather-skirt-tank-jacket.jpg

When Angel entered the room, Nicolo looked up at him before looking back at Olivia "speak of the devil and he will appear" he muttered before looking back up when Angel spoke. Nicolo gave him a nod, acquainted with a smile "well you look in great form" he commented to Angel. Nicolo listened to the conversation between Angel and his father and his curiosity was clawing at him, he wanted to know what had happened and what Angel had done but he could guess that it was nothing good and also something to do with the Sullivans. "I'm always right" he said with a wink to Olivia in a joking manner. He knew asking now was not the best idea and so stored it in his memory to find out later when he got either man alone

Alexandra was engrossed in conversation with Lorenzo when she heard someone else approaching the table. She looked up to the sight of Angel taking his seat across from her. She sighed inwardly and looked back down at her untouched food, while she hadn't really been eating the last few weeks any chance of an appetite left when Angel had arrived. She pushed her food around the plate as she listened to her father and Angel converse, her curiosity burned as she wondered what had happened, but she knew that it was nothing good especially with them two involved. A fear came over Alex as she tried to imagine what could have happened and all she could see was Conor lying in coffin, she tried to push the image out of her mind but she couldnt shake the fear. Vinnie wanted Conor dead and so having him killed wouldnt surprise Alex but it would break her. When she heard her name Alex looked up to its source. Usually she would have faked a smile or said hello back for the companys sake but after the last two run ins with Angel she had no intention of being civil. Instead Alex ignored him and looked back down at her food.
Misty Gray Misty Gray ReverseTex ReverseTex Lamia Lamia Enzyme Enzyme

Conor and Sinead Sullivan
hnbkjhb-png.355015
ezgif-4-dab734b7a7-gif.355246

Conor looked Finn in the eyes as he gave him some words intended as encouragement. He knew he was right and that he was now the boss, that he would have to show the Romanos they hadn't won. The problem right now was finding the motivation to break out of his grief and the overwhelming feeling the thought of such responsibility was causing him to feel. Finn mentioned his mother and sisters needed him to protect them and even more than than, make them believe he could keep them safe. He nodded his head to Finn and glanced to Sinead again, remembering how he'd always promised to be there for her, take away her pain and thump anyone who ever dared to upset her. Conor decided to still let Finn take Sinead and Aidan away for now, whilst David patched him up. The first thing Conor knew he had to do as the gang's leader was nothing - not to react in his impulsive, hot-headed way he wanted to right now. He had to think and get his emotions in check, not go out fists flying seeking revenge. Right now, he had to just act as the head of the family and support his loved ones.

When Finn lifted her, Sinead wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder. When they reached the front of the building, Finn placed Sinead down and she sat on long cushioned bench it he lobby area, her cousins presumably doing so too. She clasped her hands together and looked down to the floor. Her chest, back, head, throat, they all hurt from crying so much and now she felt like she'd run out of tears. She just sat in a daze staring at the floor tiles.

Conor was soon patched up and he got to his feet. He began pacing the area, taking some time to silently observe his father's lifeless body, now everyone's screams and panic had ceased. He knew he had a big role to fill as well as the boots of the man he most looked up to - his idol. He slowly turned away and observed his surroundings, taking in every bloody detail to make sure none of this slipped his mind like some of his recent memories had done. After seeing Carrick and Shannon were together, and Lucy was being looked after by James, Conor followed in Finn's footsteps. Finn was consoling Aidan and Sinead was in her own world. Conor slid onto the bench next to Sinead and placed his arm firmly around her shoulders. She responded by leaning into him and wrapping her arms around his waist. She buried her face in his warm chest, managing to only just avoid pressing against his wound. He seemed a little less vulnerable than when he'd sat with her a short time ago but now she sensed it was okay for her to seek his comfort. "It'll be okay, Tinkerbell. I'm not going anywhere. We're all going to get through this together and I know you especially can pull through. You can trust me."
Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia

After everything was said and done, it was time to leave the birthday party that had turned into a funeral party, the Sullivan's rode in silence on the half hour drive home and arrived at their home, the house having felt empty without the presence of their husband/father/uncle and boss.

Lucy and FinnSullivan

images

The drive home had been just as miserable as the rest of the night had turned out. No one said anything. Lucy was of course okay with the silence, for she still had no means of speaking just yet. Instead, she rested her head against James and let her eyes close not, not wanting to think about the events that had just taken place and the fact that their father was not coming home with them. Once the limo came to a halt at the estate, Lucy stared up at the house blankly as she stepped out. The rain had picked up and thunder could be heard over head. The family headed inside together and Lady came running out happily to greet them, she slid across the tile as she came to a running halt and jumped up Lucy's legs begging to be picked up.

The girl gently brush the dog aside, feeling as though she didn't deserve the dog's affection and headed for the stairs. Without saying a word, she quickly moved up them towards her room. Upon opening the door, she saw the shards of glass on the ground from the mirror she had broken out of rage. The suicidal thoughts swam circles in her head, telling her that she deserved death more than anyone. Without shutting the door, she picked up a shard again and watched the light dance off of it.

Finn had helped everyone out of the car, and into the house. His eyes looked to James and Conor and knew they would most likely need medical attention before even thinking about trying to rest. Once inside the home, he watched Lucy walk up the stairs without saying a word. Turning to James first knowing he would most likely want to check on the girl, he said. "We should get you patched up before you head up there." Looking to Conor, he nodded his head at his cousin making sure he understood that included him as well. Without waiting for their approval, he went into the kitchen to grab the medical kit and began taking things out of the bag.

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

Angel nodded to himself at Alex's disrespect, with a simple "okay". "Well, we all have a disliking for the Sullivans. So, I don't think we have to keep all of you out of the loop," he said to the members at the table, before looking to Vinnie. His steak arrived, Angel happily cutting into it with the serrated knife. "Tonight was a complete success. I shot Emmet five times in the chest. If he didn't die from his wounds, then he choked on his own blood. I shot Porter right in the rotator cuff. He won't be shooting straight for awhile, let alone have any use for that arm at all." He went to take a sip of the bourbon, recalling all of the events that took place. It had all happened so quickly, but Angel was skilled enough with a pistol to hit accurately under pressure. "I shot Conor right in the neck, although i'm afraid he'll pull through; unless I cut an artery." He shook his head, a little disappointed he had missed the jugular. "They're lucky I only brought a handgun with a seven round capacity. If I had known they were all gonna' be so close, I would've brought a tommy and massacred the whole family."

It was rather odd that a man would speak of murder so casually, as if he had no remorse in taking another human's life. Angel rationalized it so heavily in his mind, almost believing that god had simply put him on this earth for the sole purpose of taking people off of it. "Conor will be in charge I presume. Although, James seems to be the muscle and voice of reason. Killing Conor would most likely put someone more capable, like James, in his place. Then we'd be worse off than we are now. I suggest we kill James. Without him, the family will be missing a key component. There's not gonna be anymore back and forth from now on. That was all foreplay. Killing Emmet was a declaration of war. They're gonna' turtle until they have a solid structure. We cannot allow that to happen under any circumstance. I suggest I keep poking the fire until they lash out, then, and only then, will they be vulnerable."

Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown ReverseTex ReverseTex Lamia Lamia

Lorenzo Romano
07bac241df4c3c4abf0c8d202d4d531f--pedro-pascal-posing-guide.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown Enzyme Enzyme

Lorenzo’s eyes scanned over Alex as they conversed, spotting Angel approach the table in a rather brooding way. He noticed his slight nod to Vinnie, clearly indicating some sort of action had been complete.

And once they all began to converse, he was slightly surprised that Emmett Sullivan had been eradicated. But the rest of the family seemed to be fine, though not escaping with their own wounds. Which didn’t sit well with him.

I do agree with Angel. Though I think we could be slightly more creative than a gunfight, don’t you agree?” Sipping his scotch, not particularly hungry, he was glad to voice himself openely.

Alexandra Romano
tumblr_nhfkz2i7Ta1qg9ijso3_250.gif

Alex dropped her fork in shock when Angel declared that he had killed Emmet Sullivan tonight. Her eyes widening in horror when he informed them that he had shot Conor in the neck. She sat in stunned silence like the rest of the table as he spoke so casually of the blood bath that he had caused, speaking as though he was describing a holiday he had been on. When he finished speaking Alex looked from her father to Angel continuously for a few seconds before the unexpected happened. Alex burst into laughter, she laughed so hard and for so long that tears began to fall from her eyes and she had to clutch her stomach to ease the pain. "I am so naiive, so bloody naiive" she stated between laughs as she shook her head. She laughed for a few more seconds before her face turned serious, any signs of the laughter gone from her expression. "You" she pointed at Angel "I expected nothing less from you, Im not even surprised" she then turned on her father "but You" her tone was cold, no emotion was present in her voice nor was there any showing on her face, she didnt know if she was angry or tired of her family but she knew one thing and that was that she was done with it all. "You just hung a target over all our heads, none of us here are safe anymore thanks to you! You have been slicing away at the Sullivan's relentlessly for months and you are the reason Mother is dead and all for a little business" there was a little laughter present in her tone as though she found this whole ordeal hilarious and to an extent she did. She didn't care that the whole restaurant was probably staring at her nor did she care what anyone at the table thought of this outburst, she was beginning to see red and all the built up emotions were finally bubbling to the surface. "I really thought for the sake of our family that you would make a peace deal, so that noone else would have to die but no, business will always come first with you!".
Nicolo pulled at her arm and pleaded for her to stop but Alex ignored him as she ripped her arm away from him and stood up abruptly from the table. "Maybe I should have gone to Italy, at least there I wouldnt have someone pawning my life away for what? What was the brilliant idea behind this?, to break the Sullivans? To get rid of competition? Did mother die for money". She looked around the table briefly, to anyone looking on her expression was murderous and for once in her life, Alexandra looked terrifying. "You have now started a war and one that you cannot be sure you'll win, when we are all dead and you are the only one that remains I hope you remember that you are the reason why, you know what? I actually hope they retaliate, I hope they win and I pray to god that you are left to deal with the intense guilt of having our blood on your hands" Alex picked up her bag and stepped out from her seat, before she spoke Alex looked at Angel and then her father making sure they knew that in her next statement she was reffering to them both "When I get taken or killed just remember the Sullivans may have done it, but my blood will be on your hands and no matter how much you wash them, you will never be clean". With that last statement, Alex turned and walked out the door of the restaurant, her body was shaking and she knew that she probably shouldnt have said that but in that moment she felt no regret and she had meant every word.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme Lamia Lamia Ineptitude Ineptitude ReverseTex ReverseTex

Last edited:
Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

Angel leaned back in his seat during Alex's little meltdown, casually sipping his bourbon. He hardly looked up as she walked away, nodding his head lightly. "Kids." He finally said after the silence. "They have no comprehension on reality, they're so stubborn and so dedicated to a side, yet," he opened his hands, overlaying his bottom lip over his top, "they know nothing." "They defaced her property, insulted her father, and even went as far as to murder her mother, yet she stands by them." He continued to eat his steak, shaking his head with a chuckle at her ignorance. "If anything, tonight was vengeance. She should've been calling for Emmet's head after what he did to her mother, the woman who gave her life and loved her unconditionally. Yet, she shakes her finger at you." "How dare you?" He mimics her. "Whatever, she's still young. She still believes that good and evil is black and white." He shrugged, "She'll learn one day."

He looked to Lorenzo as he spoke. "Creative or efficient? I could care less about creativity, unless it's to make an example. If you have any suggestions on how to kill James, then be my guest."

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown ReverseTex ReverseTex

-------------------------------------------------
Aidan Sullivan

Cameron-Boyce-RAW-01.jpg

Aidan had zoned out, the sight of his uncle's dead body still putting him in a shock state. His mind was racing and he felt like his heart would jump out of his chest at any second. His attention would soon be drawn to Finn who ushered him over as he carried strucken Sinead. Aid followed Finn, leaving the restaurant that was filed with happiness just a few moments to one that held traumatizing memories. He got inside the car with everyone else, like he did on the drive there but this time everyone was deathly silent. He glanced out the window, the rain had started back up. It seemed as though even Mother Nature knew the sullen feelings everyone was going through at the current moment.

Once they reached the family's estate, Aidan headed inside. The normally cheery boy was definitely gloomy and understandably so. The young man headed up the stairs a few minutes after Lucy and headed to "his" room. It was an extra room and he always used it when he was around so without dialogue, everyone agreed it was Aidan's. The boy removed his tie and changed into a simple shorts and a white tee. He laid down on the bed, his eyes staring up at the navy blue veiling.

"Fuck." He mumbled, closing his eyes. The young boy was feeling intense grief. So much that he felt sick to his stomach. At this point, the pain that came with the events of the night would only become stronger and stronger.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz

Athena Archer
00-promo-yara-shahidi-emmys-diary.jpg

"I know right? He must be a grumpy old man to not allow those lovable creatures." The girl responded.

Athena took another bite of the breadstick as Leo went on to say that the waiter was flirting with her. "Oh, really?" she spoke, flirting was something that the girl had always been naive about.
Then, going on to tell her that he didn't blame him and saying that he had a good eye for an attractive lady like herself. Thena blushed at the compliment, "I'm alright, I guess." She voiced, her caramel cheeks becoming red. She looked to Leo, brushing loose strands of hair away from her eyes. Athena turned her attention away from Leo when Angel entered their area. He greeted everyone, asking how their evening was. She took a glance at the man, Thena never really interacted with the man before. She knew of him and they have talked a few times before but other than that, she just knew that he worked for Vinnie.

"My evening is going quite well also." Athena answered after Vinnie's response to Angel, she managed to give him a polite smile.
Her eyes slowly raised up to Angel as he announced he would be sharing something with everyone.

Athena took a sip of her water as he went on to explain what the big announcement was. When Angel told them that he he had caused Emmet Sullivan's death, she nearly choked on her drink. Athena set the glass down, coughing and clearing her throat. The way he said it so calmly was very disturbing. Afterwards, Alexandra went on to have this big outburst. She then stormed out of the restaurant. Athena would go after her but she wasn't sure if the girl wasn't to be talked to at the current moment. She figured it was bet for her to cool down.

Thena honestly had no words to say, she was shocked, saddened and even a little frustrated. So she just remained silent, letting the others speak on the subject.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
neverbackdown neverbackdown
ReverseTex ReverseTex
Ineptitude Ineptitude
Enzyme Enzyme

Vincenzo Romano
09571387053fa33551f483d377add60a-jpg.355021

When Angel began announcing Emmet's murder to the family, Vinnie sat calmly and listened along to the details. They would learn soon enough and he agreed now was a good time to tell everyone whilst they were in one room. Hearing the additional details that James and Conor had also been targeted and injured brought a smile to his face. Emmet's death was enough to break the family, so there was no need to finish everyone off. He heeded the words regarding Conor and James being likely candidates to head the family. It was the same conclusion he had come to. He was about to counter Angel and Lorenzo with his own suggestions when Alex had her huge outburst.

Alex was bound to react like this and he expected it. He was glad she was so upset because it showed she still had a heart. He knew he was no better than Lucy when it came to murdering people's parents, but he was beyond feeling remorse for that. He'd grieved and now revenge had been fully served. "You are no more in danger than you were yesterday, Alex. If anything, you're safer. Business and family run together at the moment, so if we're going to maintain our power over this city and send a message against attacking us, then we also have to take out the competition. If Emmet had wanted peace he would not have tried to insult us by making pathetic proposals which would have made the Romanos appear weak." He didn't react when she suggested Gianna died for money - he was not getting into personal conversations in this restaurant. "The war started some time ago, dear. The Sullivans should have kept out of my business. Conor prodded too far, for months, and now he will see what his foolishness has led to." Vinnie let Alex leave and cool down. She would have to understand because she had no say in the matter. If she protested too much, she would find herself in Italy whether she still wanted to go there or not.

Vinnie looked back to the others, thinking of what Angel and Lorenzo had been saying earlier. "Tonight was vengeance, Angel. The girl is too emotional," he said, glancing to Leo and Athena. "Now I'm certain you know how much I appreciate your hard work, Angel. I commend you for another job well done." His face turned serious as he was going to make sure everyone around the table knew his next words were not open for debate. "No more poking the fire for the time-being. The law will have all eyes on us now and I won't have more bodies cropping up that they'll want to lead back to us. We're not backing down, but we're not going to go overboard and draw more attention to us. We have enough eyes and ears to protect our assets and keep an eyes on the Sullivans. We will watch them closely and see which path they decide to take. We need to focus on our businesses now. Any structure the Sullivans build will be easily toppled, as it always has been. Emmet was the best chance they had at a leader. They will likely crumble now, but even if they don't, any strength they build will be nothing compared to everything we already have. Much better and smarter men have tried. The Sullivans are children."

Leo Davide
tumblr_mmehlsr3kf1rare4zo1_500-gif.355183

Shocked by the things he was hearing, Leo was fidgeting in his seat. Having only just lost his own father recently, he didn't much like how insensitive Vinnie was being. Shortly after Alex had left, Leo got up from his seat and glanced down to Athena, hoping she would leave with him. "Thank you for the meal, Vinnie," he flatly told the man. "This is now business, so my cue to leave." He shook his head with disappointment. "You can come with me, if you like?" he told Athena.

Enzyme Enzyme neverbackdown neverbackdown ReverseTex ReverseTex Lamia Lamia

Last edited:
The Sullivans

The drive home had felt like an eternity and the thick black cloud seemed to envelope everyone in the car. When they finally got home and entered the house, James noticed how Lucy brushed past the puppy. He leaned down as much he could without straining his shoulder and stroked Lady behind the ears. The dog's little face didn't make him feel better, but it calmed him a little.

After being tended to and stitched properly by Finn, James made his way upstairs. As he passed Lucy's room, with the opened door, he saw her holding the glass in her hand. Figuring she'd just smashed it and not knowing her potential intentions, he calmly entered the room and approached her. "I'll take that," he said, gently pulling the shard of glass out of her hand. "Lay down or something. I'll deal with the glass," he told her. He crouched down and began picking up the larger pieces of glass from the floor.After tidying up, he then reluctantly left Lucy, realising she wanted to be alone. He didn't want to push her or argue with that. Besides, she knew exactly where to find him if she needed him - on the couch downstairs.

After letting Finn patch him up and thanking him for everything he did tonight, Conor helped Sinead upstairs. When she curled up on top of her bed, making no effort to change out of her clothes, Conor decided to stay with her for the night, holding his sister close - for both their comfort. Sinead eventually fell asleep, but Conor would remain awake the entire night.
Bellz Bellz

Lorenzo Romano
07bac241df4c3c4abf0c8d202d4d531f--pedro-pascal-posing-guide.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray neverbackdown neverbackdown Enzyme Enzyme

Lorenzo listened to Alex’s outburst, watching her quizzically. He wasn’t surprised, seeing as she was a more sensitive type to this world, but still it was quite distracting. Luckily Vinnie had talked her down, and Nicolo had her restrained.

But when Vinnie explained his next course of action, his emerald eyes glittered with excitement. This was his speciality. He was a master at keeping thing low, and Angel would need to be dealt with in many matters. The Sullivans and the police won’t be much of a problem, as long as the family did the correct steps.

If you don’t mind my intergection Vinnie, but I agree with your course of action here.” Glancing to Angel, he continued, “You will need to stay low for awhile my friend. I assume you covered your face correct? But everything can be traced back to tiny details, you’d be surprised what I could run a case on. Additionally, the Sullivans will most likely assume multiple suspects, and seeing as how you handled the two sons at the meeting, you’ll be pegged high on the list.” Taking a sip of his scotch, he continued. “I can assist you in that aspect if you, and Vinnie wish. But I would highly recommend you going “dark.”

"Alexandra?" A voice, smooth as silk, sounded out in inquiry. Were she to look to the origin of the voice, Alex would be faced with the sight of Fortuna, dressed as fashionable as always. Tugging at the scarf wrapped around her neck, the hitwoman's piercing black gaze roamed over the other's trembling form, and her stare softened ever so slightly. "What happened?" She asked, her voice oddly gentle as she spoke. Fortuna wasn't counting on Alex to speak to her, especially considering the nigh terrifying image that the other has probably conjured of her in her mind, but that didn't prevent her from, at the very least, trying.

Mentioned: neverbackdown neverbackdown

Alexandra Romano
tumblr_mwa0vk1WRa1qd7fc3o5_250.gif

Alex had been leaning on the window sill of the restaurant as she tried to calm herself down. She didnt know how she felt, she wasnt sure if she was scared, angry, fed up or all of the above. She found it humorous how her father had tried to lighten to situation, trying to prove that he had done the right thing by killing Emmet Sullivan, but she had to wonder was he trying to convince her or himself. What really annoyed Alex was her father saying that business was in ties with family which for her cemented her thoughts that family will always be seen as second best. Alex was distracted from her thoughts when she heard someone say her name, she looked up and came eye to eye with Fortuna. She noted how Fortuna was being uncharacteristically gentle and sighed before leaning back in the window. While Fortuna's methods scared Alex to an extent, she had know her for so long that like Angel, Alex saw Fortuna as family and right now talking to Fortuna was the closest Alex could get to talking to a woman, and to her talking to her mother.
Alex lifted her head to meet Fortuna's gaze "I know I should have left that for a time when me and him were in private but I couldnt stop it coming out, it needed to be said" Alex gave a slight smile after she said it "he pretends he's a family man, he pretends family is first to him but its all an act, its all lies. He only cares about his business and he'd take any of us down for it without a second thought". Alex pulled out her cigarettes and placed one to lips as she lit it. "Im just so angry" she stated as she offered Fortuna a cigarette
Ineptitude Ineptitude
Mentioned Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme

Lucy Sullivan

Lucy watched as James came into the room and plucked the shard of glass from her before she could really do anything. Her mind was in a chaotic state, she didn't feel she deserved this family because of the deal she had foolishly made with Angel. It had been all of her fault. Looking to James as he picked up the pieces that she had broken earlier, she stared blankly, wondering if he would always have to pick up her broken pieces and try to fix her. Surely it was exhausting for the man, not having really dealt with such things before. She said nothing as he left the room to head down stairs. Leaving the door open, Lucy laid back on her bed and tried to sleep like he had suggested.

Not bothering to strip out of her wet clothing, she laid down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. She tried everything to fall asleep but it all resulted in her staring back up at the ceiling. Her eyes went to her open door and suddenly she knew what she had to do. The house had gone quiet, everyone was asleep or preoccupied with their own troubling thoughts. I could just leave and never come back. She thought to herself. Angel had told her that she wouldn't leave, that she wouldn't be able to escape the ongoing war here...she would prove him wrong.

Lucy silently stood and moved to her wardrobe, grabbing her luggage she pulled it out and placed it on the bed before piling everything she would need. Grabbing the cash she had stashed in her nightstand, she placed it into the bag as well before deciding it was best to change out of the dress she had been wearing. It was the last thing that she had to remind her of what she had done to this family. Leaving it on the floor, she changed into a pantsuit and a long black coat before grabbing her bag.

One glance around the room made her suddenly think of James. Was she really just going to leave him without any other words or explanation? And what about her family? This is what's best..Her mind told her and she agreed. Angel was so keen on using her as a pawn for his wicked games, if she wasn't around to be used then he wouldn't have the inside to this family anymore. They would all be much safer without her in the picture. But Lucy couldn't just leave without saying anything. Biting her lip, she grabbed a notepad and pen off of the nightstand and began writing..This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do....Lucy stared down at those words and within seconds decided that wasn't the right thing to say. Scribbling it out, she decided to try something else. Please don't worry...its for the best..But yet again, she felt dissatisfied with that and tried one more time. I love you,forever and always. -Lucy It was universal enough that hopefully her family and James would know just how much she did love them, and that this was to keep them safe.

Placing the note on her bed, she grabbed the luggage and carefully moved down the stairs. Tip toeing towards the door, she saw James and lady sleeping together on the couch. The reality of what she was doing hit her, and she covered her mouth to keep the sobs at bay. Before she could reveal herself, she quickly left out the front door and shut it quietly behind her. The sky weeped and thunder rumbled as she stepped out onto the driveway. Taking a deep breath, she let her feet carry her all the way to the train station never looking back at the family or life she left behind.​

Fortuna listened calmly as Alex spoke, refusing the offered cigarette with a dismissive wave of her hand, soaking up the information akin to a sponge. "I can understand why you're upset." She said once the other was finished speaking, a bittersweet smile crossing her lips as her eyes focused on the ground. "I had a... similar experience, you could say, when I was younger." Her voice was soft as she spoke. Raising her head, she looked Alex straight in the eye, all traces of sadness and doubt seemingly vanishing into thin air. "This isn't about me, however, this is about you. If you need someone to listen, to ask for advice, you can always approach me. Remember that."

Mentioned: neverbackdown neverbackdown

Alexandra Romano
tumblr_mwa0vk1WRa1qd7fc3o5_250.gif

When Fortuna dismissed the offer of a cigarette, Alex placed the box back into her bag. She looked up when Fortuna began to speak and raised a quizzical eyebrow when she mentioned having gone through something similar. No matter how much Alex wanted to, she knew not to push the subject and so when Fortuna changed the attention back on to Alex, she let the curiosity burn out. She knew that if Fortuna wanted to talk about her experience then she would have said it.
Alex gave a small smile and pushed herself up from the window and onto her feet. "Thank you, you've always been family to me" Without much warning or even so much as consent from the woman, Alex stepped forward and hugged Fortuna, being mindful to keep the cigarette away from them both. Once she stepped back, Alex looked at the restaurant door before looking back at Fortuna "Thank you for checking on me and I will be sure to contact you should I ever need to talk" Alex took a drag of her cigarette "but for no I am going to grab my things before my father comes home, I do not want to face him again tonight" With that Alex turned on her heels and began to walk towards her house, still taking drags of her cigarette.

Once at her house, Alex headed for her room and grabbed a suitcase, piling as much of her clothes and shoes into it as she could. She grabbed another rucksack sized back and grabbed any precious ornaments that she knew she would want, including a teddy that her mother had gotten her and any pictures she had of her siblings and her mother. Once she was packed, Alex looked around her room and sighed sadly. She never thought that it would come to this, but in that moment Alex knew it was what had to be done. Alex grabbed her bags and left her room, closing and locking the door behind her. Before she descended the stairs, she went to Nicolo's room and left a note on his bed to explain that she couldn't be in the house but that he would know where she has gone and can call over anytime. With all her orders in check, Alex picked up her bags again and made her way downstairs and out the front door. She decided against a car as she did not want her father to know where she was going and instead walked the half an hour walk over to Gio's apartment, lugging her suitcase behind her.
Ineptitude Ineptitude

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

IMG_0798.GIF

Angel continued to cut up his steak, nodding along, although not looking at Lorenzo. "Yeah, I figured my getup wouldn't be enough." He let out a sigh, looking up to Lorenzo as he rested his hands by his plate; still holding his silverware. "So, I just disappear for awhile?" He shrugged, going back to cutting his food. "I'm fine with staying out of the public eye, but I'll continue to pull strings from behind the curtain." He looked up, smirking to Lorenzo and Vinnie as he cut. "I didn't work this hard just to let you guys have all the fun."

He looked to Fortuna as he they continued to converse. His eyes lost in thought. "Hm." He muttered, going back to his food. He would make it a point to talk to Fortuna tonight, for ideas were emulating.

Misty Gray Misty Gray ReverseTex ReverseTex Ineptitude Ineptitude

Chapter 11: St Valentine's Day
Monday 14th February 1949
Afternoon – Light/moderate snow.
150670570497806.png

The Sullivans
The overnight snow had meant those in Chicago had woken that morning to see the pretty white blanket glistening beneath the sunlight. James hadn't been one of those people as the sun had not yet risen when he woke up and discovered the peaceful sight. Conor had emptied out one of the small lounges and converted it to an extra guest room, though it was practically James' given how much time the man spent over at the house helping out.

e1b22f23c56ea1cb6e01d341801076a4--arrow-cast-arrow-tv.jpg
After getting dressed for the day, James took Lady out for a walk, as he often did these days. When Lucy had walked out on the family, she left the dog behind too and there was no question that James would adopt the pooch as his own. It had been James who walked into Lucy's bedroom those months ago and found the note she'd written, saying she loved those she had left. It broke his heart to known Lucy walked out on her family when they should have all stuck together and it killed him to think she could leave him . He gave the note to Lucy's siblings, figuring they needed the sentiment the most. On her bed, in place of the note, he'd left a package containing the same amount of cash she'd given to Vinnie on his behalf, should she ever return. It still sat on her bed to this day.

It took quite some time for James to truly believe Lucy wasn't coming back, but when he did, he was able to shut down that emotional side she'd dragged out of him in the first place. James returned to his cold and detached self, but he knew it was for the best as this way he could focus on advising and aiding Conor without letting emotions enter into his decisions. Although there had been surprisingly little of it, James was more than happy to carry out the dirty work for his new boss.

zoey-deutch-out-and-about-in-park-city-01-24-2017_7.jpg Sinead gripped the gun tightly in both hands, focusing her attention on the target as she struggled to squeeze the trigger. All she could think about was her father, Conor and James as they bleed from something as crude and sudden as a bullet. She even remembered the bullet Angel took for her and seeing Gianna die. She'd seen far too many people get shot yet it still didn't sit comfortably with her. She took a deep breath, almost hating herself for just holding the cowardly weapon. "Do I have to?" she suddenly asked and lowered her arms, leaving the tin can target standing on the snow-covered fence. "It's freezing out here. Could you not have chosen a worse time for this?" she complained. "Besides, I don't understand why you even think I want to shoot someone."

James relieved Sinead of the firearm and looked around the Sullivans' back garden before eventually speaking. "It's not about wanting to shoot anyone. It's about being able to defend yourself," he sternly replied. "You carry a gun or you have a babysitter for the rest of your life, it's up to you." He held the gun out and Sinead took it back out of his hand. "Danger won't stay away because of adverse weather. If your hand shakes, you have to get that shit under control and shoot any fucker who tries to hurt you."

"James! Do you have to swear so much?" she lightly berated him. Sinead aimed the gun again and took a deep breath before pulling the trigger. Surprisingly, the bullet hit the can and sent it flying from the fence. "There," she remarked, raising a smug eyebrow. "I didn't say I couldn't do it. I just didn't want to." She handed the gun back to James and returned inside.

Sinead sat by the fireplace to warm up, her eyes catching the family photographs on the shelves. She missed her father every day and still expected him to walk through the door. Someone else she missed was Lucy. She felt even more heartbroken when her sister abandoned her at the worst possible time. Losing Emmet, Lucy and Giovanni in the space of one week had destroyed her for quite some time. After practically starving herself and showing extreme signs of manic depression, she spent some time in hospital. As always with Sinead, she surprised everyone by seeming to spring back to normal in a short amount of time. Regardless, Shannon took Sinead away with her to Ireland for a few weeks. After realising being away from her brothers and closest family wasn't helping, Shannon reluctantly brought Sinead back home, two weeks ago. Although Sinead seems to be mostly back to her old self, she's still scared to sing on stage again and her heart still longs for that damn Giovanni!

hgbhj.png Conor returned to the house after finishing up a business meeting at one of the distilleries he'd inherited from his father. Much to the Romanos' surprise, the majority of Sullivan business was purely that and not stepping on Italian toes. As far as the Italians were concerned, the Sullivans seemed content to just get on with running their pubs, distilleries and others small businesses. There were more businesses cropping up, too, with Conor buying out a number of cafes and restaurants in what was always considered Irish territory. If Conor was planning something, he was being extremely good at keeping it all hidden.

When he'd taken off his coat, Conor headed straight into his office. Since his father had died, Conor had put some new sofas and a coffee table in the office. He didn't believe business should be discussed in the family lounge, like it had been in the past. Anything that involved business must be taken into his office or discussed outside, Conor was very firm about that. The rest of the house was for family time - love, laughter and fun. Conor had taken Finn's advice the night his father died, and the from the following day onward, he hadn't shown any sadness in front of his family. That was for in private. He was the boss now and he would show no weakness to anyone who challenged him. His friends and family would still get the Conor they'd always known. That was what made it so easy for Conor to win over new business partners and talk people onto his side - his infectious charisma. If that failed, then there was his heavy fist and ability to beat the crap out of people without even needing a weapon.

Despite everything that had happened, he still found himself drawn to Alex. It took some time for him to grieve and for her to get her own mind in check, but the two ended up back in each others arms after a couple of months. They'd both now suffered the same. They'd both lost a parent at the hands of each others' families. Although Conor no longer had to answer to his father should his relationship come out, there was always a twinge of guilt for what he was doing.

As the afternoon progressed, Conor called James, Luca, Finn and Aidan into his office to discuss the business. He'd already put Luca in charge of the distilleries and Finn in charge of his pubs, figuring he no longer had the time to give the Emerald the attention it needed. Plus, he'd save money if he was no longer drinking the stock on the job. Aidan had proven himself as a good messenger and able to help get in the shipments they needed. Whilst Finn had been an emotional rock for Conor, James had been his rock when it came to the business. Without James' brutal honesty, strategic thinking and general no-nonsense and no limits approach, Conor wasn't sure he'd be able to sit comfortably in his father's seat. He appreciated having someone by his side who didn't let emotions cloud his advice, even if it did mean James had locked away the personality Lucy had at one point coaxed out of him.
Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia neverbackdown neverbackdown @IIIREXIIIARCHERIIIII myst.erion myst.erion
Everyone, I guess?!

Last edited:
Chapter 11: St Valentine's Day
Monday 14th February 1949
Afternoon – Light/moderate snow.
150670570497806-png.355546

The Romanos

Vincenzo Romano

hbjhb.png
In the months since Emmet had been killed, things for the Romanos and Sullivans had been calmer. Vinnie could almost say killing Emmet had brought that peace Alex and Leo had been whining on to him about, but he was sure saying that would upset them too. Regardless, security had been tightened and Vinnie had more men out keeping eyes on the Sullivans. Other than a few minor altercations between soldiers of both gangs, there hadn't been anything significant or serious to warrant Vinnie to act. That also annoyed the cops to no end as they struggled to build any evidence or see anyone slip up. Angel had done well to keep a low profile whilst still ensuring he kept himself deep in his work. Lorenzo had also been busy, as Vinnie had put him him in charge of overseeing the drugs trade, something he already had much experience with from his time with the Cartel. Fortuna he kept close to his ear, so he could listen to her advice which was always well considered and objective. In addition to that, he found his right-hand woman seemed to have found some common ground to bond with Alex on, which was helpful in getting his daughter to return home. Alex had disappeared for a while following Emmet's murder. Though she was back now, Vinnie's and his daughter's relationship remained unsurprisingly strained. He refused to ever apologise for what he and Angel had done. He also doubted she would apologise for her outburst.

It was Monday and the snow was no excuse for cancelling a meeting. Therefore, Vinnie was waiting in his office at the hotel for Fortuna, Angel, Lorenzo and Nicolo to show up for a catch-up.

**************​

Olivia Svensson
kjm.png
Even though Shannon had not checked into work since losing her husband, Vinnie still had Olivia continue working at the modelling agency in case the woman did return. It wasn't that Olivia minded the job, but she preferred to show off her brains rather than her body for a living. Besides which, she couldn't help but think Shannon had already suffered enough. Why did she have to keep up this act? Much to Olivia's surprise, Shannon had shown up for work this morning. The Sullivan widow had been in a foul mood with Olivia, but the younger woman just put it down to the her still grieving, not even suspecting there was anything else behind it. Olivia was glad when the photoshoot was over with and she could leave the awkward atmosphere. Regardless of being snapped at by the fiery woman, Olivia still felt bad for her.

When Olivia returned to her apartment, she had a big glass of wine and warmed up on the sofa. She wondered if Nicolo would get some spare time in the evening. They'd been dating for a couple of months now and though they were both pretty casual about it all, she liked to think their relationship was an exclusive one. She wondered if he remembered today was Valentine's Day.

Leo Davide
jnhj.png
The day after Emmet's death, Leo had confronted Vinnie at the hotel. The two of them got into an argument. Vinnie was being an arrogant asshole and Leo was calling him out on being heartless. Leo quit his job and stopped talking to Vinnie completely. He kept in touch with Nicolo and Alex, but away from their father's presence. It wasn't until Christmas Eve that Vinnie finally stopped being stubborn and reached out to Leo, apologising for not been sensitive towards him following Sandro's death. Leo accepted his job back and spent Christmas Day with the Romanos. The two men have gradually got back to normal with each other.

Over the last three months, Leo also managed to pluck up the courage to tell Athena how he felt about her and they've been in an official relationship together for over two months. Today is Valentine's Day, so Athena would have woken up to a delivery of a dozen red roses and a sweet card from Leo. He would swing by her place later and take her out on a date, being the romantic he is.

neverbackdown neverbackdown ReverseTex ReverseTex Enzyme Enzyme Ineptitude Ineptitude Lamia Lamia

Alexandra Romano
selena_gomez_2017_hd-wide.jpg

After that night in the restaurant Alex had moved to her brother's apartment which she now called home. She had made Nicolo promise to not tell her father where she was staying and so to him she would have vanished. After a few weeks, the anger didn't lessen and so Alex flew unannounced to Italy in the hopes that seeing her siblings and grandparents would give her the boost she needed to clear her head and get back on track. After a pep talk from Alena and Gio, Alex returned home with a clearer head however she was not forgiving, deciding to ignore the Romano business and instead focus on herself for once. She had tried to move back home but with the relationship still strained between herself and her father, Alex found it best to move back into the apartment and to only see her father in small doses. While there was peace at the minute, Alex had no doubt that her father would soon throw his toys out of the pram and re-engage the fire which was missing at the minute and so she planned to distance herself as far away from the situation as she could.
When she flew to Italy, Alex left the small diner in which she worked, not knowing how long she would be gone. However she soon got back on her feet and after only a few days from her return she managed to land herself a manager gig in an uptown restaurant in town. .
Alex sat in her apartment curled up on the couch looking through pictures of her family from when they were younger. She had the afternoon off and had no idea what to do with herself. She hoped since it was valentines day that Conor would call over later, since no plans had been made. However she knew he was busy these days running the Sullivan gang and so while she remained hopeful, she wasnt overly expecting it.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back