• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Next Step (A Jurassic Park/World RP) [CLOSED]

GreatSaiyaman31

Arch-Angel
It was another steamy day on the island as he awoke to the sound of chittering and clicking noises. Looking around he found the Velociraptors talking to each other. The one named Blue turned to see him first with the others joining her.

"Look who's awake. They'll be feeding us soon. We got a plan to escape. One of us is going to jump and grab onto the hook when they lower the food in. We'll ride it out of the cage. Maybe we'll even get to eat a few of our captors as a bonus."

Sighing he stood and approached them.

"I thought we have been over this. So long as they feed us and shelter us from the weather why should we even bother trying to kill them? They are just people doing a job that they were told to do. It's not even really their fault that we are kept here. It's the fact that every time one of you try to escape that you end up killing or at least injuring a few of them so they feel you can't be trusted on the loose."

"Raptors were born to run free. Not be kept in a cage and treated like pets. We want to hunt. We want to sink our claws and fangs into something that fights back and attempts to flee. It's what we were bred to do."

Sighing, he hoped the others were having a better start to their morning than he was.

Gasmeros Gasmeros SkysGoDim SkysGoDim

Serena, mostly called Grace unknowingly being the only Allosarous captive was hard. Every single morning every single day she was handle roughly. But have they ever though? Maybe she would play nice if they were actually nice themselves but no. Appearance is based Judgment. Hearing the clickers her head had shot up, since they thought she was dangerous by her appearance, that's what she was going to show them.

Walking towards the gate she pushed and pushed herself against it knowing it would budge, but wanted show her impatience. she was impatient anyways. She has been here since she was little so she was used to the humans and such. But ever since she grew they became more rougher and uneasy with her.

' Wouldn't hurt to show them who's the boss for once...would it?'

She questioned herself in her head, she was starving and she wanted to go out and hunt. But she couldn't. Like all the others she was locked in. The amount they were giving her was okay, but just not enough for her. She wished she could just brake down the gate. Walking around the 'prison' as she called she walked to the corner before running and ramming herself against the gate.

Upset yes. Trying to scare them yes. Trying to make a bad impression. Maybe. She wanted to scare them to make them feel the fear she felt every time she was being handled. But she also knew that she would be thrown out probably out of the gates gates and into the open. But thing was, she had NO hunting experience. She herself would get killed. Hearing the Velociraptors talking made her eye them but she practically ignored them the best she could.

Gasmeros Gasmeros GreatSaiyaman31 GreatSaiyaman31

"If you can all promise me that no harm will come to any humans I could see about a brief recess outside of this cage. Would that satisfy you for now?"

The raptors listened to his proposal and then turned to each other to discuss amongst themselves. To any other person they would sound like roars and chirps and other sounds like an animal would make. To him however he could understand them as well as he could any human. Ever since the experiments he could communicate with them rather well and had been doing his best to slowly earn their trust. Being they were pack animals it took awhile before they would accept something new to the pack.

After moments of them talking in hushed tones amongst themselves the alpha turned to him and gave him a nod.

"We accept your proposal. No humans shall be harmed should we be permitted to leave the cage and hunt for food of our own."

Little had the creatures known that either way they were being released today. Since the public couldn't see them in the small enclosure the park had been working on a maximum security enclosure that would look more to them as a natural habitat where goats or cows would be released every so often for them to hunt. There would be reinforced caged off viewing vents in the enclosures as well so people would be able to watch the raptors as they went about their days. The dinos would be put into transport crates and flown to the new enclosure.

Giving the signal he watched as the raptors were nosed up to the door and as soon as it opened they rushed forward as a unit. The door to the crate slammed shut as soon as they were all in and then he stepped forward to ensure they weren't hurt at all.

"See you later guys," he mumbled in humane speech as the large crate was forklifted away so he could walk out.

The chopper would retrieve him while the dinos were being secured. Then they would all arrive at the new enclosure together. While he waited for the chopper he turned to see the enclosure for what was supposed to be the Allosaurus. Curiosity piqued he walked over and moved to where he could see inside.

"Hello in there! You alright?"

SkysGoDim SkysGoDim

Grace had heard and growled lowly, before taking a step closer to the gate eyeing him. She lowered her head a bit. Curiously she tilted her head.

" Who are you? And why do you care?"

She was smaller then most of all the other Allosaurus's. She was the runt of them all but either way she was okay with it, she still the instincts in her.

"So, I see you guy's are getting moved today."

Looking at him she stood her ground, she might look scary yes, but on the inside she wasn't. She was quite content and quite calmed. She was mellow until humans came near because she was some what always being tortured.

Thinking, she blinked every few seconds. They were lucky to go to another enclosure, but she also never interacted with any other dino's except her kind. It was just a long story. But she understood that the terms of her being alone were final. Which she didn't mind, and or really care. Before she had turned she had took a step back.

Her cage wasn't as big as there's, hers was tight fitting but enough for her to move around. Barely. It was a tight squeeze. A squeeze that made her go crazy. A type of squeeze that made her want to go out in the open although she might get ate or something because again. No hunting experience was with her.

GreatSaiyaman31 GreatSaiyaman31

Last edited:
"Just another one of the lab experiments with a free will," he replied as he smiled down at her kindly. "Name before the experiments was Abraham. I guess now you could call me Vel as a sort of nickname I suppose."

The experiments didn't turn him into a full-blown dinosaur but it had altered his appearance from that of a human and he guessed it did make sense for the results to differ from test subject to test subject. He blinked his eyes and his pupils dilated from cat's eyes to normal shape as they came back into focus. He gave her a fanged grin.

"Allosaurus huh? Did you specialize in their study before they experimented on you?"

Looking around at the enclosure he could tell that it was far too small. Allosaurs were smaller members of the carnivores but they were still big enough to take on a couple of raptors should the need arise. Hence he didn't just jump down into the cage. While she was acting social enough he hadn't tested whether he could understand other species yet and he had no idea how they would react to him. Carnivores were usually more aggressive anyway.

"My guess is that they're probably going to work on your new enclosure next now that they finished the raptor exhibit. It should have a great deal more room for all of you and you'll be able to chase down your own live meals. They're supposedly making them look like a natural environment as much as possible. When the day comes they'll have a crate right outside the door of this pen. Usher the others and yourself into them and they'll fly you to it. That's how it usually works here with these people."

"And what makes you think that? Do you not know what it's like for me? I don't even know how to hunt. So for crying out loud just stop." she had snapped only slightly not trying to. She didn't think it was fair. She was more dangerous yes, but she was tired of it. The space was unlivable and it was something she could barely breath in.

"You have no idea what it's like I bet. You have friends, and you ha-...."

She stopped herself knowing she was getting upset over nothing. She just looked at him with a small glare upon her face, of course she was showing she wasn't happy.

She couldn't help but to look down at the ground out of guilt.

"I'm sorry. I-i shouldn't of snapped like that. But just go have fun."

Mumbling she kicked at the dust before turning around towards the corner but before she did she had answered his question rubbing his arm a little bit.

"What do you mean by specialize in their subject?"

She asked tilting her head just a little bit.

"Answers my question. I was a paleontologist before I became like this. I specialized in velociraptors but I did study other dinosaurs. And before you assume, I'm in almost the same exact boat as you. I had to earn the trust of the dinos. It took a while but now they'll at least let me participate in conversations. They won't always listen to me but I at least get a say in pack decisions. Have you tried bonding with your pack?"

He had taken some minor offense to her snapping. He had thought that he was saying things for her to look forward to such as an enclosure with a great deal more space. Sighing when she apologized sort of he stood back up to his full height as he balanced on the top of the enclosure.

"I look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully somewhere with a little more space for you and the others. Sorry for upsetting you. Just happy to meet another person that went through something similar."

With that he turned around as if to jump down from the top of their enclosure.

"I guess...." that was all she could say. She couldn't say much because she didn't know what to say. She sighed a bit and sat back down. She was packless but was too ashamed to admit it.

"Good luck out there."

She added after a while. She still didn't answer his question but she didn't bother to, she leaned back again the side of the wall zoning off.

Being alone got to her, and she was tired of it. She would miss talking to Vel but had a feeling they would be for sure to meet once again maybe later on when she was released if that ever happened.

She closed her eyes after a while, she had many thoughts and such run through her head but she couldn't quite wrap her head around all of her thoughts. But the looked up and sighed quietly once again.

At her good luck message he waved back to her before jumping down to the ground. He hoped that he wouldn't miss the chopper. Park management didn't like it when he was spotted roaming around the park. People tended to avoid him like a monster in a b movie whenever they saw him. Even children would begin to cry which was a shame because he loved teaching kids about dinosaurs before the experiment.

Taking off at a run he sprinted to where the chopper would be picking him and the raptors up to transport them to the new enclosure. Checking to ensure his pack was alright in the crate he hopped in the chopper before it took off and waited through the short ride to the new enclosure. Once they touched down they let him hop out before ascending once again. It was up to him to open the travel crate to release the raptors. None of the other staff felt safe enough to do so. Hopping up on top of the crate the pack was buzzing wondering what he was up to until he lifted the door to let them out. It was heavy but he was in decent shape for a human/raptor hybrid and managed.

As soon as the last one was out of the crate he dropped the door and hopped down.

"Everyone alright from the ride?"

He looked between the other three who had seemed a little perturbed that he wasn't trapped with them for the ride.

"Why weren't you in the cage with us?"

"Because I'm still part human. Guess they trust me because of that. That and cause I don't have a body count. That's why I keep telling you that if you would behave they might let you loose more."

"Look, I'm not saying the entire plan is a bust, but I still think live hunting is a really bad idea."

"Good thing it doesn't matter what you think."

Nua huffed, falling into step behind the habitat manager as she turned away. "You could do that thing that they do with cheetahs," he rambled, hands flailing about as he spoke. "You know what they do with cheetahs? They hook some meat to a zip-line and the cheetah chases it down. Enrichment and it doesn't promote killing living things!"

"What, are you some animal rights activist now?"

"No, I mean, not really. It's just the herd's freaking out and I--"

The manager glanced over her shoulder with a tired look. "The herd isn't going to be used as live prey, Nuada."

"No, no, I know that," Nua responded with a quick shake of his head. "But they get nervous easily, and the raptors get out so often as it is--"

The manager sighed, halting and turning to face her tail. "Look, Nuada, I like you, but I'm not about to pull the plug on this because your duckbills are nervous. We've already got livestock shipments arranged for the next 6 months, and the raptors are literally on their way to the enclosure as we speak."

"It's not too late for zip lines..."

The manager gave him a cold look, and Nua avoided eye contact, rubbing the back of his neck. "Carnivores are our biggest attraction at the park. Like it or not, no one really cares about the herbivore's anxiety so long as they aren't breaking down fences. Admin doesn't care. So unless you want to have a word with Abraham and the raptors yourself, you'll just have to make do."

Nau stewed in silence for a few seconds before puffing out a breath. "The habitat's secure?"

The manager nodded. "Triple checked. Go tell your herd that they have nothing to worry about." With that, she turned on her heel at walked away.

Nua watched her go, a pit forming in his stomach. "Yep. I'll do that..." Because y'know, herbivores couldn't be dangerous when you pissed them off. He had a lot of explaining to do.

GreatSaiyaman31 GreatSaiyaman31 SkysGoDim SkysGoDim

Once they had all settled down he sat back in a corner of the cage while the others explored. They all walked around exploring the perimeter of the new, much larger cage and would meet up in one spot to discuss their discoveries. When it was time to meet up he would join them in the huddle to see what they were plotting. Approaching the three he gave them his usual friendly smile.

"So what have we learned everyone?" he questioned all three.

Looking between each other they hesitated before they decided to let him join in on the conversation.

"We figured out the size of the new pen and one of us also found something metal in the ground. Don't know what that does. It was behind some bushes so it looked like they were trying to hide it."

Thinking about it Abraham figured it best not to tell them that it was probably the feeder that would release goats every so often for them to hunt down. The reason the powers that be would try to hide it with natural scenery would be to make the raptors believe that they were in a natural habitat and so that none of the guests would see how they were actually fed. All the guests would want to see is the actual hunt/chase and the result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back