• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Next Generation of Wizards (OPEN)

indiedarling

belle épave
Twenty three years has passed since the Battle of Hogwarts and the Wizarding World is finally back on it's feet and functioning normally, though old scars do still ache at times and not all broken hearts are healed from the losses that occured as a result of the terribly dark times in wizarding history. But, with a new generation on the rise, history may find itself repeating and, with their parents guidance, the next generation will find themselves having to grow up faster than they expected. I'll start once we have a sufficient amount of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'd be interested in playing Lily Luna Potter, who I believe would be in fourth year if 23 years have passed since the Battle of Hogwarts. Would that be alright? Also, I'm not new to rping, but am new to the site, so forgive any newbie errors. :)

Raina said:
Hey I'd be interested in playing Lily Luna Potter, who I believe would be in fourth year if 23 years have passed since the Battle of Hogwarts. Would that be alright? Also, I'm not new to rping, but am new to the site, so forgive any newbie errors. :)
That's would be awesome and I thought she would be in third year because she is two years younger than Albus and Albus was going into his first year 19 years later. But I don't care if you'd rather her be in fourth year. And don't worry about making mistakes, we were all newbies at some point. :)

Okay-I'll post my character sheet for Lily tomorrow evening-I'm really busy with school, homework, and a musical I'm a part of :)

Raina said:
Okay-I'll post my character sheet for Lily tomorrow evening-I'm really busy with school, homework, and a musical I'm a part of :)
Okay, that sounds good. And aw! I bet musical is a lot of fun. :)

(If you need to use any original characters that no one has claimed yet, you can roleplay them as needed until someone claims them. We're also starting with the arrival of the train at Hogwarts so everyone is getting off and unloading their luggage and making their way to the thestral drawn carriages, unless they're first years, then they take the boats.)

The engine of the ancient Hogwarts Express let a low, mechanical growl as it slowed to a halt. A sigh of exhaust coming from it's pipes as it settled. The students, new arrivals and returning veterans, began to shake their friends awake from their naps and gather up their luggage , double checking and triple checking to be sure they don't leave anything behind because they wouldn't be back on this train until Summer, if not Christmas. The air filled with chatter as students filed out of the cars and onto the walkway. The first years split off towards the path that led to the Black Lake with the long time groundskeeper and Care of Magical Creatures professor, Rubeus Hagrid, while the returning students made their way in dispersed groups along the path that led to where the carriages waited. The air was buzzing with the excitement that the beginning of a new year of school brought. James dragged his trunk behind him on wheels, effortlessly carrying Merline's cage in his other hand. He let out a boisterous laugh at the expense of Albus as he nearly whipped out tripping over his own cart which only earned him a scowl from Lily, a disapproving look from Rose, and a high-five from Hugo and Fred. Already James was beginning to feel at home as the familarity of the school grounds surrounded him and he was reminded, once again, that this would be the last time he took the carriages to the castle for the start of yet another year of pranks and late night cramming for exams and snogging girls in the Room of Requirement.

Adelaide kept her trunk and Pakston's carrier close to her sides as she was jostled back and forth in the crowd of students surging forward off the train. Mumbling to herself under her breath about the incompetence of the majority of the students of Hogwarts, she huffed and endured the irritating feeling of being surrounded by over excited, teenage witches and wizards until she was finally able to break free from the hustle and bustle of the masses and continue on her way all alone. She busied herself with her thoughts, daydreaming as she walked about what this school year would have in store: more learning, more late night adventures. A small smile crept onto her lips at the thought, her eyes staying glossed over and out of focus until she reached the carriages, heaving her trunks into one before climbing into it herself.

Polaris exited the train quickly and silently. It wasn't like he had no friends to talk to. He just did not feel like talking, his Christmas was nice. He saw Scorpius again and the other Malfoy's. Ruri had come home to, the little sister he swore to protect from her parents. He was going to be the one who learnt the Dark Arts, become the sacrifice for darkness. Not his sister, her purity had to be preserved. His parents did not dare teach her Dark Magic, due to her robes. Students who attend Mahoutokoro are presented with enchanted robes when they arrive, which grow in size as they do, and which gradually change colour as the learning of their wearer increases, beginning a faint pink colour and becoming (if top grades are achieved in every magical subject) gold. If the robes turn white, this is an indication that the student has betrayed the Japanese wizard's code and adopted illegal practices (which in Europe we call 'Dark' magic) or broken the International Statute of Secrecy. To 'turn white' is a terrible disgrace, which results in instant expulsion from the school and trial at the Japanese Ministry for Magic. The Lestrange's could not afford that. To the Wizarding World, after Rodolphus's lengthy imprisonment and marrying a respectable woman from a Japanese Pure-Blood Family, they had finally discarded their old ways of blood superiority. However, this was a lie, a facade. Bad blood never changed and Polaris was going to replace his Aunt Bellatrix when it came to Dark Magic. Even with the downfall of Voldemort, pockets of Dark Magic circles and blood supremacists existed. Evil was never truly vanquished. Polaris sighed a little as he saw James Potter. They disliked each other, however Polaris made a conscious effort to stay out of his way, keep his nose clean. Polaris hated bullies and James was notorious for bullying Slytherins.

Shannon exited the train and Rolled her luggage as she was walking behind the other students. There was no point of Shannon being here, She didn't have friends here at hogwarts and she didn't know much about her studies as well. As she walking she could hear Giggles from girls as they gossiping about her. Shannon was literally behind them and she could hear each word they would say about her, Shannon may be quiet or whatever but ahe is known for having a bad side. She refuses to show it because it will frighten people and they'll think she's gone mad just like her father, and that's the last thing she needs right now. All of her life She's been known as a Psychopath Just because her father was a killer, This is one of the reasons why she doesn't have friends at Hogwarts. Shannon exhaled deeply and continued to walk with the students.

A flicker of movement in the corner of his eye caught James' attention and he paused in his laughter to turn his attention to his favorite prank victim: Polaris Lestrange. His lips curling up into a a devilish smirk as he bellowed over the rumble of the students, "Oi! Lestrange!" He started to weave through the steady stream of students over towards where Polaris was walking, greeting him with a sarcastic tone of voice. "How was your break, bugger? Did you see any of your family? Possibly meet new suitors?" He puckered his lips and made kissing noises as he moved to walk backwards in front of Polaris, his tone filled with mockery.

Polaris saw James coming a mile away and decided to ignore him, he wasn't worth the time. "What happened during my break is none of your concern, fool. It seems that you didn't mature whatsoever during the holidays. Still, I never really expected you to, must be all the inbreeding from your disgusting blood traitor mother." Polaris said, making a vicious quip back, eyes stone-cold. He had his wand in hand, in case Potter tried anything. He never took anything lying down, especially when it came to his private life. Although under normal circumstances Polaris wouldn't have said anything so horrible, James was a special case and the Bellatrix in him screamed for the two to have a no spells barred Duel.

Shannon heard The Tension between James Potter and Polaris Lestrange. Her mouth formed into a shape of a O when she heard What Polaris had said about James mother. Somewhat Shannon felt like James deserve it, He was always bullying Some of the Slytherin Students and now it has backfire on him. Although James deserve some type of revenge, Polaris did take it far with calling out his mother.

Evelyn breathed in the evening air, glad to be back. She walked alone, looking around for people to talk with. Spotting the Potters up ahead, Evelyn quickened her pace to reach them. She was good friends with Rose, and in turn knew the rest of the Potter-Weasley clan pretty well. She reached them just in time to hear the retort from Polaris Lestrange. Evelyn knew Polaris didn't like her, and the feeling was mutual. Although she admired his dueling skills, Evelyn would never say so, under any circumstances. When Polaris made a comment on James's mother, Evelyn temper flared. She came up beside them and addressed Polaris.

"Won't you lay off for once?" She asked him, noticing his hand on his wand. Evelyn's hand, too, was poised and ready for any action. She knew James could most certainly take care of himself, but she was sick and tired of them going at it. James seemed to love it, though. She really didn't expect anything else, knowing him for as long as she had. With Rose often playing the peacemaker, Evelyn usually backed her up, although sometimes she couldn't resist adding a retaliation of her own.

The smirk fell away from James' face as Polaris' words met his ears and his cheeks flushed a furious red color as he clenched his teeth, flexing his jaw muscles. His hand moved instinctively towards his robe pocket and settled on the handle of his wand, his fingers itching to jinx Polaris till he was bedridden in the hospital wing. And he almost did, but the interference of Evelyn in the quarrel kept his anger at bay and he relaxed his arm, though he didn't drop his hand from his wand and his eyes remained hard, dark, and trained on Polaris with an unusual malice in their green irises. "I would watch what you say, Lestrange, you might find yourself in places you don't want to be. Like laid up in the hospital wing or worse." He spat his last comments at Polaris with a look of distain on his face before turning to Evelyn and muttering, "He's not even worth it, come on." And he started off towards the carriages again, his steps a little less cheery and light.

Polaris ignored James's comments. He had clearly won this argument, before smirking as James left. As if that idiot could ever put him in hospital? Polaris dueled professionally, he was the Captain of the Slytherin Dueling Team. That arrogance, that temper... It was a crippling weakness, all emotions were. No matter how hot James's inferno of rage was, Polaris could maintain his cold steel shield. He'd taunt and goad him into making mistakes and giving him openings. Then he'd crush him like the insignificant little gnat he was. It would take only a few curses to bring him down, nothing more. Although, at Hogwarts he wasn't allowed to do anything really fun and use his entire repertoire, a few scars he could get away with. After all, he got so easily riled up the Professors wouldn't have a hard time believing James instigated it all and Polaris lashed out in panic. He made his way onto the next Thestral-driven coach, sitting quietly as his cousin Scorpius boarded too.

Alice followed the throng of students, ignoring the whispers about her hair, and pacifier, and watched the altercation between James and Polaris silently. She thought Polaris had delivered a low blow, but she couldn't blame him. She knew how cruel James Potter could really be, as he often tormented her for her decision to be herself.

Alice followed Polaris and his cousin to the carriage, and climbed inside. She took her paci out briefly to ask, "you don't mind if I ride with you do you?"

Evelyn eyed both boys as James spat out his words. Polaris seemed unaffected, still keeping a ghost of a smirk on his features, which Evelyn knew would make James furious. But surprisingly, he turned away, muttering that he wasn't worth it. She followed him away from Lestrange, glancing back to see his smirk grow. She shook her head, turning away. Someday, those two were going to seriously go at it. Not that they hadn't fought in the past, but then it was just dueling on school grounds. If they ever did duel with no spell restriction, she just hoped that losing didn't mean dying.

Evelyn eyed James as they walked toward the carriages. His face was still quite red, and his fists still clenched. She reluctantly noticed that Polaris was incredibly good at getting under James's skin. It was concerning, especially with James's history of impulsive choices led by his temper.

"You know he only says those things to get under your skin." Evelyn said, voicing her thoughts as they walked closer to the carriages. Her comment was spurred on by concern, and although Evelyn spent a lot of time around Rose, she wasn't going to lecture him about bullying or something.

Notorious for getting in verbal fights and duels with fellow students, James' parents had sat him down before he had left for school again and made it very clear to him that he needed to learn to control his anger and bite his tongue if he were to make it anywhere in the world outside of Hogwarts. But, though James had decided to take the high road this time, it was already proving to be difficult. He had never gotten along with Polaris, the two had been more than a few altercations in their years of school that they'd shared together. Most of them instigated by James, of course, because James had a knack for looking for fights to pick. But, even though James always seemed to start the fights, Polaris was never an easy victim and he usually ended them.

James tried to relax himself, breathing in deeply through his nose and trying to loosen up his tense and tightened fists, but his face remained and angry red flush. He glanced back towards Evelyn at her comment, letting out a rather loud sigh and shaking his shoulders as if he was trying to shake off the urge to turn back getting into a physical altercation with the boy. "
He should know not to insult my family." James grumbled, the same green eyes as his father's still tinted with a darkness of contempt, "His family is full of good for nothing, dirty, pureblood supremacist traitors." Without realizing it James had quickened his to the point that the rest of his family and his friends were having to all but run to catch up to him and when he finally made it to the carriages, he wrenched up the doors to one and flung it open, shoving his stuff into the little space under the seats and climbed in, sitting down with a huff.

@Raina

"Of course not, Alice." He said, kicking Scorpius to shut him up. He viewed Alice not as a friend, but as a companion. They had similar views on James Potter, in that he was an arrogant toerag. He bullied them both, although neither were easy targets due to Alice's sharp wit and Polaris's skill at Dueling. He understood how it felt to be an outcast from friends and family. "How was your holiday?" He asked politely, putting his wand away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back