• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The New England Crytpid Society - A TMNT RP

The second cupcake was, to Donatello's delight, coffee flavoured. He ate it slowly as Rylie recounted a childhood playing cryptid hunter with her father.
It occured to the turtle that this was the first time Rylie had mentioned him at all. Considering he somehow knew all about Andrea's supposedly secret boyfriend and his pyrotechnic tendencies, it struck Don as a little strange. There was something in the way she spoke about him that also felt different. There was fondness there, but care too. Like the memories were glass and if spent too long handling them, they might shatter.

Instead, he simply nodded at her question, recalling all the obstacle courses and scavenger hunts his own father organized for them in their younger years. Don recognized in some way that much of it was meant for survival as much as it was meant to give four rowdy and energetic mutant boys something to do.

But they had been fun- a whole day dedicated to learning a new part of the New York underground, or testing their skills against each other in crazy obstacle courses through the dizzying depths of the sewers.

"Wait, SUPER haunted?" Halfway through munching his cupcake, Don paused, fixing Rylie with a look.

"How the heck does something get SUPER haunted? How is regular haunted not enough?"

While he could have probably filled an hour with further follow up questions, Don could recognize that he was just stalling the inevitable.

"Nevermind. Tell me another time... I guess we should get going."

He felt...better about this, but it didn't mean he felt braver about it.

"You go first,"

Rylie couldn’t help but snicker a little bit at his question when he stopped her explanation to ask that of all the questions he could have asked and she just shook her head. She knew he probably did have a lot more questions for her but she was grateful that he didn’t seem to ask more of them. With the rest of his prompting Rylie climbed out of the back of the van and checked the temperature gauge to make sure the cupcakes wouldn’t melt if they stayed there a little while longer and she headed through the garage door.

Right away Rylie knew her mom was nervous, the place was spotless and she could already smell food which meant her mom was stress cleaning and then to avoid stress cleaning, she was cooking. Rylie didn’t really blame her how else did you really react when your oldest daughter tells you that your youngest is bringing home a cryptid?

“Mom,” Rylie called in as she headed for the kitchen and gestured for Donnie to follow her “We made it ok,” she said she felt a brush against her leg and looked down to see Dagger looking up at her so that meant the cats got here ok too thank goodness. Andrea was probably already out with Rodney or else she would have harassed them in the garage for taking so long. Rylie made her way into the kitchen just as Jennifer slid something in the oven and looked up at Rylie And a moment later glancing behind her to see donnie

”you know, when Andrea told about this I gotta say I thought you were going to be a lot scarier looking.” Jennifer admitted though she honestly wasn’t quite sure what it was she was expecting. Rylie was relieved that her mom was taking this so well although unlike Andrea she had more time to prepare for this and evidently had suspected that this was going to be a thing to happen at some point.

“Donnie, this is my mom Jennifer. Mom, this is Donatello, I refer to him as Donnie or Kappa“ Rylie said smiling and Jennifer gave her a curious look

”Those Japanese things that eat cucumbers?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back