• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Nameless Abyss

The strange man stood over his body and the corpses that surrounded him. This absolute madman had slain everyone in the Gulve family mansion with only his sharp tooth. The peculiar man was waving his tooth around the place. His hair was a mess and his skin stuck to his bones, he was wearing a black suit which was an absolute mess.

"Really, you just walk into my home and kill my family?" Sly said to the crazed killer.

"Yeah, and if you keep it up, I'll split my tooth and blow up the entire estate!"

"Are you stupid?"

"Eh, Maybe"

Armed guards had entered the room and the man had used his tooth as a weapon to slice the guards right open, inside their wounds you could see more teeth grow and surface. This man's weapon was as unexpected as his personality. He didn't kill for gain, he did it as a twisted hobby, But Sly wasn't about to just sit there! well - he couldn't help it his legs were numb and had huge gash wounds in them. He started to crawl towards the hall, he needed to arm himself with some sort of weapon! who knew if he had left - or had accomplices - or worse! With each painful drag he moved ever closer to the hall, leaving a blood trail behind him.

When suddenly the crazed man re-entered the room!

"Forgot something!"

He curb stomped Sly's face knocking him out cold.

"The names... Gevotch the Tooth Fairy"

Aza stomped out of the small house and was sure to slam the door on her way out. Ignoring the screeching from the banshee inside. She didn’t give a shit anymore, that bitch ruined her life.

Aza could feel the sting of the tears building up in her eyes as she increased the distance between her and the house, her fathers house. She muttered softly as the first tears began to fall.

“.....I’m sorry that things turned out this way, dad”

Aza didn’t even bother looking back as she went along her way, wishing to be anywhere but there. She soon pulled her hood up and put her earbuds in before starting up some music, as well as taking out her cigarette pack and a lighter.

She knew full well that she shouldn't, that her father would probably be disappointed, but, he wasn't there now, was he? Besides, she'd already given up on being a 'good girl' and it helped her forget her sorrows.

Aza relaxed a bit more after taking the first puff, her tears soon beginning to dry. She didn't stop walking though, and just kept on going for who even knows how long. She sort of fell into a daze though, not really paying attention to anything. That was, until she caught the whiff of something besides the smoke coming from her cigarette. Blood, and a lot of it as it was strong in the air. Having nothing better to do with her life, she decided to investigate, the smell leading her to a mansion.

Not really giving a fuck about anything anymore and feeling pretty numb, she let herself inside, a bit surprised that she was even able to.

Sly woke up to a girl in his house. He somehow woke up in the entry way, there were plenty of bodies around that tied up the place. It was soooo nice, certainly everyone would appreciate this.

"Did you come to murder my family? Well more like re-murder? Like pardon the place a psychopath decided to redecorate, it's obviously soooo nice. Not like it matters if I'm sarcastic to you, especially if you've come to destroy my house!"

Aza just stared down at him with an unfazed expression, seemingly not to bothered by the fact that there were corpses everywhere.

After taking a long drag of her cigarette she finally spoke.

“Looks to me like there isn’t much left to destroy, and do I really look like the type of person who would do such a thing? Don’t answer that..”

She took another puff.

“....anyways, shouldn’t you be grieving or something? You weren’t exactly wrong about a psychopath redecorating this place....who the fuck did all of this anyways?”

"oh yeah let's skip the small talk, it's not exactly like you've explained yourself before just walking I'm, but while your here might as well help" It was very clear that he was being super sarcastic as he always had been.

"I mean I watched my family die, I feel bad, but you should know I'm lack empathy and can't relate to others, so don't expect some emotional response for helping me out"

He pulled himself up from the ground, which re-opened the wounds, the deep cuts on his thighs started to bleed.

"You just gonna stand there in someone else's house smoking, not that it's a problem! -" He was being very passive aggressive.

"Or are you going to help?"

Aza just stared at him with a poker face for a moment before shrugging and reaching into her large hoodie pocket for something, taking note of his wounds.

“Well I guess I have nothing better to do so I guess I will. Here, you look like you could use this”

She held out some bandages to him from her pocket, they looked to be brand new.

“also for your information, it’s not every day that you walk along the streets and suddenly smell a shit ton of blood in the air coming from a mansion. I’ve got to keep myself occupied with something, ya know?”

Sly took a gun off one of the security, it was a simple handgun. Then he took another gun off another security member of the estate, a small submachine gun, he tossed it to the girl.

"The names Sly, what's yours? - stranger who I don't trust but am totally relying on regardless" yeah he was sarcastic, un-empathetic, and straight forward.

As they made way through the house weird creatures showed up, they were in the shape of humans and animals, but very blurry, like you couldn't see facial expressions or features, just body shapes and blur. As they noticed these unfamiliar creatures Sly's family butler appeared.

"Ah, Sir Sly, I see you've noticed more unwanted guest's, already on top of that psychopath and his goons! It's preposterous! Though now that your family is dead I have some explaining to do, just follow me!"

The followed him.

"Now I should give exposition!"

"I'd really prefer you didn't"

"Well you see, this Gevotch the Tooth Fairy must be here because of your family heritage, you see he must know of the Eternal Vortex of Names, little does he realise that it isn't a place, No it's something else entirely that we keep in our home, it relates back to the ancestors of your family lineage!"

"What are you going on about Old man?"

"What if I told you, that when we were born our names were already chosen for us? Pre-determined?"

"I'd say your crazy, there are plenty of people without names!"

"well you see - they do, don't you find it weird that certain names fit just right, you see that's all related to the Eternal Vortex of Names! Everyone has a name that is chosen when they are born, you see, your connected to that vortex, your family crest allows you to connect to that power, you have a gift to change names!"

"Can't people already do that - like - I dont know - legally"

"There's a difference you see, you can call anybody anything, but there name is binded to their being it is who they are, some people that are born aren't even given there real name! to know the true name of someone is to know who they are, though most of the time people are given their actual it's like a calling, it's quite the anomaly that someone doesn't get their true name. You see however, if one could get to the source then they could change their name, not only would they change their name, but everyone wouldn't remember their old name and by some mystical force could only remember their new name"

"How is this relevant?"

"If you wouldn't interrupt I could explain Sir Sly. You see, there's more to it then just a first name, but a plus name. Like Gevotch, his plus name is the Tooth Fairy, if Gevotch is his personality, The Tooth Fairy is his destiny - his fate. There is a chance he is trying to change his plus name, which is very dangerous, to use to vortex to change one's name is one thing, but to change one's plus name would be catastrophic. Imagine dormant alternate timelines waiting dormantly, they aren't active, but they have the potential to be real, by changing ones plus name would alter their fate thus waking one of many timelines where they have that plus name, this would force a new timeline to overwrite our current one! This may not seem like a big deal but by doing so, he could potentially write some of us out of existence, and maybe even new people into it"

"Yeah, Okay that explains motive, But how does that have to do with anything about these creatures?"

"It's the opposite of The Eternal Vortex of Names, it's The Nameless Abyss, where there is life there is death, for every person that is born and granted a name, there is another robbed of that right, those who die before they are born are unnamed, creatures from the Nameless Abyss drag the unnamed into their blank land. These poor creatures are known as silhouettes. This place has a door that leads directly to it, you see, it's been under protection for years, it was nearly forgotten, you see how i said nearly? Well it must have been open because these nameless creatures are all about the place!"

Sly fired his firearms at the silhouettes and armed goons until he entered a room he had never been into. It was the family legacy, there were four armored knight statues with orbs in their hands, there was a skylight on top of the room that had light shine in, in between the statues was a huge door, and one problem. Gevotch had stood in front of the massive open door.

"Finally I can absorb this power and change my name!"

"What? you just going to change your name on us? Don't wanna be The Tooth Fairy?"

"What? No! I'm going to change my first name, Gevotch is a disgraceful name, It was my abusive Fathers, but don't get touchy feely I don't like, but once I change my name from this mystical power, You'll only know me by my new name"

The small orb in his hand had absorbed converted the door into energy and filtered it into a black mist that siphoned into Gevotch. He gain a black smokey aura, his pupils expanded and his eyes became pitch black. He absorbed The Nameless Abyss into himself, he had become the embodiment of it. Everyone had started to forget something important, for he became a part of the abyss itself.

"It's over Gevotch!"

"Who?"

"That name? who are you talking to?"

For some reason Sly was immune to the effects. His family crest glowed through his shirt, the energy irradiating. It was a simple spiral that glowed purple-blueish. The dark aura started to get violent and winds picked up, everyone got blown out of the room, the door to the room had closed and glowed a bright white before disappearing..

"I see, it's all coming together now, it was the failsafe, it transported him far from here, he must've absorbed The Nameless Abyss, embodying it and losing his name to it. That only means one thing, that your body had responded to the force and awakened your family crest, in exchange for a plus name you are granted a great power, you may not be able to change your fate, as the vortex doesn't want you to play god, but still the power it grants you will help on this journey"

"Can you get to the part where explain the point?"

"You'll need a Conversion Orb to be able to convert this energy. It'll allow you to name silhouettes, which will allow them to move on into The Vortex of Names; you'll be able to awaken someone to their plus name and allow destiny to take its course; You can change someone's name temporarily, this can cause confusion or change their personality, of course you can permanently change their name too, but this is much harder; You can also name objects, they aren't human so you can name them freely and grant them purpose, this will allow you to change their form, from wood to sword, and much more, but it can't do anything to crazy mind you; additionally, you can use a puppet and give it a plus name, as it isn't a living thing you can freely change its plus name; Finally you can change a plus name, but I have wanted you, doing so is very dangerous, overwriting the timeline comes at a cost... Not remember you can't spam these abilities by any means, you will have to charge the orb back up, which just takes time or mermaid tears. You don't have to kill the silhouettes, while your companions might have to, or you might have to, some are very powerful and it'd be best if you used your special power. Be careful some creatures are from The Nameless Abyss, these creatures aren't silhouettes they are creatures that must be banished or murdered"

"Okay, I guess I better go find a Conversion Orb and 'save the day' anyway thanks I guess? I really wish you hadn't explained everything, but okay"

"One last thing, there are others just like you, they also have a sigil"

"Alright got it..."

Sly started to walk away as his Butler ran up besides him and walked with him.

"Okay why did you say all that like you weren't coming with?"

"It's be foolish to let you go alone young master! Besides who knows if this new friend will stay with you!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back