• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Monsters

Nico

Care Bears... prepare to stare!

"I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed

Get along with the voices inside of my head

You're trying to save me, stop holding your breath

And you think I'm crazy, yeah, you think I'm crazy

But that's nothing!"

Rusty Hearts is a residential home for those with Mental Disorders. The patients disorders range from extreme Schizophrenia to depression. They were either dropped off by their parents and left there to live, or ordered by a Psychiatrist to live here. Rusty Hearts is homely place, days are filled with groups and activities, movie times and what not. Not much technology is used here, besides radios and small TVs.

Residents can decorate their rooms the way they want, as long as they don't have anything they could harm themselves with. It's a simple place if you don't mind being watched like a hawk.

The patients spend most of their day in a 'Day Room' complete with things to color, books, a TV and a coffee machine. All sharp objects are not allowed for safety reasons. So no pens, pencils just markers and crayons. They follow a day by day schedule and follow a set of rules. Whether they follow them or not is up to them, though consequences follow.

The question is, will you follow the rules and cooperate with Staff and get better? Or will you live at Rusty Hearts for the rest of your life?

The Day by day schedule:

7am-8am- Wake up and breakfast

9am-10am- Meds and free time

11:00am-12:00pm- Group Therapy (Around this time your assigned doctor will be seeing you)

12:00pm-1:00pm- Lunch

2:00pm-4:00pm- Free time

4:00pm-5:00pm- Outside time

5:00pm-6:00pm- Dinner

6:00pm-7:00pm- Music and Arts time

7:00pm-9:00pm- TV/Snacktime/Meds

10pm- Bedtime

--

1. Use your common sense - No godmoding, bunnying, sues, powerplaying, and in general being an ass.

Don't change anything- Unless I have given you permission, don't go changing things left and right. I'll normally OK something if you explain. Hell I might find it interesting.

Don't be mean- Don't go and bully or put someone down, if I find out I'll report you to a mod, since RPN Rules say no bullying or harassment. the password is "We are all mad here"

NO oneliners- I expect a minimum good meaty paragraph. I understand writers block, I've been there. I'll give only TWO warnings for this. After the third I'll kick you from this roleplay.

RPN rules, follow them- This means follow all the rules of this side. Including the PG-13 rule, so things get steamy, time to skip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiloh cuddled his pikachu doll as he slept on his bed. He still had a few hours before wake up time. He turned on his side only to feel someone shake his shoulder. "Time to wake up Shiloh sweetie." there was one of the nice nurses and he smiled with a stretch and got up. "Is the TV on yet?~?" he asked with a giggle. Shiloh zoomed out of the room in his pajamas when the nurse nodded. He flopped down on one of the pillows in front of the TV and started to watch Pokemon.

Rei rolled a cart with trays of food down the hall. He wasn't all the way awake yet. He yawned and parked it in front of the the nurses station. All he had to do now was wake up call. He went around to all the rooms and flicked on the lights with a call of "Wake up, breakfast time!"

Alex woke up and walked over to the mirror. Today was one of her "days". She got dressed into a baggy t-shirt and long jeans and a snap back to hide her long brown hair. Mary complained in her head.

"Alex you look like a snob, I don't care if you want to feel like a boy put some decent clothing on."

Alex rolled her eyes and began contemplating answers about Mary's reactions.

"I mean they are all probably like me, so why am I so worried," she said to herself.

Mary snorted almost, Alex could hear it in her ear. "THEY' re all weird like you, talking to yourself, I on the other hand am completely normal except for being part of you."

Cathy parked her blue Volkswagen and walked into Rusty Hearts. Today was her first day really besides the training days and she was ready. She couldn't wait to help the troubled souls there. She signed in and picked up the name tag that read 'Hi my name is Catherine'. She walked to the designated room and began planning today's speech and introduction circle. For some odd reason today felt slower then ever to her.

"Urggggh." Nightshade moan as she reluctantly lifts herself out the bed "why so freakin early, don't they know some of us have to get their beauty sleep." She yawns and head to the mirror, stopping there to do a few posse "yep still hot." She hurries out of her room to get a good breakfast and not some gross leftovers like last time.

Madison sighed, hiding under her blanket. She didn't want to get up, not after having been admitted in the middle of the night from the local hospital. Her hands grazed over the bandages on her arms as she remembered what had happened the few days before. She had never broke down like that infront of anyone. Her parents especially because she wanted to make them proud. Something about that day that started her new life was off from the start. She had felt her parents weren't her parents anymore, they were people trying to sabotage her. She remembered how she came down the stairs and saw them arguing about her. They were trying to decide if she needed to be hospitalized or to just see a shrink. Her mother was on her side, saying nothing was wrong it was just puberty hitting hard. Her dad, mr. know-it-all was trying to prove his case. He didn't want a psycho in his house. Then the moment came, something inside her snapped. She gasped in the reality as she relived in her mind how she harmed herself infront of her parents. She was watching herself in her mind do it when she heard fast paced footsteps, bringing her back to the reality of where she was. With another sigh, she pulled the blanket over her head more, so she was invisible and just hugged herself in a ball. She hoped today she could lay in bed all day, not having to deal with her new reality just yet.

Once again Haru pulled an all-nighter, his eyes had bags under them and his hands were trembling. His normally sparkling blue eyes were hazy and dull from lack of sleep. Even his lightly tan skin was looking a few shades paler. Examining his nails that were painted blue Haru resisted the urge to chip the paint off. Instead he took another sip of tea and went to his bathroom and washed off all the sleep from his body. After getting cleaned up he slipped on a blue kimono followed by a mustard colored obi and a pure silk red shawl over his shoulders. Finally he put on his wooden geta and grabbed two cups of tea. The reason being two was because Catherine was now officially part of the 'Rusty Heart Family' as he put it. Being the only doctor of this establishment Haru lived at the hospital, just in case...something arises. Walking out of his room Haru made his way to the room where group therapy was usually held. Once at the door Haru made his grand entrance, which was literally slamming the door open and giving a dorky looking grin.

"Hello Catherine~ Welcome to the family, and look you're already working so hard, I'm so proud, I think I might cry.”

Covering his eyes with the sleeve of his kimono as if he was holding back tears he handed her one of the cups of tea.

"It's green tea by the way," Haru informed her.

Waiting for her response Haru gazed at her hair, it was long silky and made Haru want to braid it badly, he’d probably end up convincing her to let him braid it sooner or later. Behind her glasses were soft blue eyes that made Haru wanted to squeal as well.

@Monganu

Already having awoken about 2 hours beforehand. Glenn had been patiently waiting in his room, lying down on the floor staring at the ceiling, as if to intercept some message from the pattern on the ceiling. or perhaps if you were to look into his eyes at the time, you'd find he wasn't looking anywhere. Much less the ceiling. Almost as if he was simply staring right through it to the sky above. Decphiring the unseen stars one by one.

Of course, you would be wrong, he was simply waiting for the wake up call and his breakfast. Custom ordered One of his..Several..special Privileges, and for today he had quite the anticipation for his morning pumpkin sugar pancakes, by far his favorite food he had ever tasted. Which was a bit..Bland to be honest. But regardless. When the door opened up finally. he was quite quick in his getting out of the door and heading to retrieve his food.

Catherine smiles at Haru. "Why thank you.." she paused and looked at his name tag "Haru." She take the cup and smiles as she takes a sip of the tea. It was delicious.

"Oh my gosh, this is one of the best things I have drunken in a long time"

It was almost a shock of how good the tea was. She had been relying on coffee to get herself through the day, but this drink seemed to sooth and give her energy. She looked at him. He was wearing a komodo which she, as a lover of fashion, wanted to steal right of his body. The blue on his finger nails were to die for and his hair she just wanted play with it. Looking at him made her feel 13 again.

"I think we are going to be friends," she said bluntly "I've gotta feeling about it."

@magikarpfever

Shane walked through the many doors, using his badge to get into the building and walked into the locker room to discard his things. Pulling his badge and name tag over his neck, he walked out and headed towards the office to get ready to make his rounds. Upon walking in, Shane noticed that there was a new addition to their little family. Being polite and the kind gentleman that he is, Shane walked over and gave the woman a bright smile. "Well I see that the doc has set his sights on you and greeting you warmly. Don't fall asleep on the job, he has a bad habit of braiding people's hair". Shane gave Haru a warm smile,"..I can't tell you how many times he's done it to mine". Chuckling, he looked back over at Kathrine,,..I'm Shane by the way and I hope that you fit in here well. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get to work". Shane gave the woman a slight bow, smiled to Haru and left.

Once out on the floor, Shane walked over to the couch and leaned on it, looking down at Shiloh. He placed a hand on top of the young boys head,"..good morning,Shiloh. Do you sleep well, little one?". He gave him a bright smile as he waited for his answer. Shane quite enjoyed being around the kid. He gave a fun energy to the place and made it he's job much more enjoyable.

"Oh thank you, you're so sweet, and friends, what a concept!" Haru practically gushed. "Oh and I love your hair, it's so silky and shiny, you've got to let me braid it someday, or maybe even curl it! And your eyes, I have this sea foam kimono that would make those baby blues pop out, figuratively of course..."

Rambling on Haru didn't notice what time it was or how he needed to do his work as well. He was just chattering away with his new friend and fellow employee. Mid way into his ramblings Haru forgot to completely introduce himself.

"That's right I forgot to introduce myself...my name is Dr. Haru Yamauchi as you figured out from my badge and like the Dr. in my name implies am a doctor here."

After he introduced himself Shane walked in making Haru's smile even more. Haru adored Shane, especially his long blond hair and adorable neko ears, though Haru deflated a tiny bit when he warned her about his braiding habits. He didn't do that to Shane that much...okay that was a lie.Watching Shane go Haru remembered he had somewhere to be, which was going over the patient files from two days ago and seeing if there was any improvement or if there needed to be adjustments to medications.

"I almost forgot I have some work to do...I hate to cut this short but maybe we'll see each other at luch! Can't wait till than bye!"

With that Haru ran off, eager to finish his work so he could update the patient information once again.

Penny was abruptly awoken when her lights flashed on. In a way, she was somewhat thankful, as he had saved her from watching the ending of her nightmare. Slowly, she slid from her bed, groggy and definitely not fully awake yet. Penny sat on the edge, and waited until everyone else had made their way to the main room before she followed. She walked out into the hallway, but the lights flashed in her eyes and caused her to cringe.

As she fumbled down the hall, she tried to recollect the dream. Something about a teddy bear, and how it slowly drove her insane... then, her mother found it, and... everything went crazy. A dead child here, a crying doll there, until eventually, the only thing sane in the entire dream was a small, white door. Penny and her mother were about to enter when she awoke.

Eventually, she made her way to the front room where everyone was talking and eating and various tasks. She sat down, mentally exhausted from the nightmare, as she closed her eyes for a moment to let them rest.

(I actually had the nightmare. It made me tremble.)

Catherine smiled and waved goodbye. The thought of her hair being braided was a nice though. She hadn't had someone do her hair since her sister died. They used to play with each other's hair every night after showers but she was now gone. In the middle of her reminiscing of past experience she had completely noticed someone had said hi to her and left. She wondered who it was. 'Enough wondering and pestering on things, Cat, you must continue to prepare for the kids!' she thought and began placing papers on each of the seats.

Alex slid out of his(or her but today was on of her "days") room and kind of shut Mary out. Today he was going to make friends, and not let Mary make him think he was girl, just not for today. Everybody was already downstairs, which helped because Alex loved making an entrance. He walked in and sat by himself and bang eating. Mary complained and complained on how ridiculous 'they' looked. He didn't care he was what he felt like a boy, but just for that day. Tomorrow he would wake up and feel like a tomboy or Mary would have control...... just the thought made him shutter.

"You know I can read your thoughts idiot," Mary nagged in his ear

Glenn had made his way to the food line and was disappointed to find his pancakes hadn't arrived and would probably be served for lunch, he reluctantly bit into the apple he had been given instead. And then he somberly walked over to a seat. And sat down, taking only a single bite out of apple before one of the many...Special patients fumbled in with a look that seemed most tired.

Now. Glenn. To no fault of his own. Was strangely and seemingly interested in these fellow patients, and as one had just walked in, he made his way over to where they had planted themselves. Seemingly resting.

Now, he didn't exactly want to disturb this exhausted person. And as such. Just took a seat next to them. and took a bite out of his apple. Albeit, a fairly large one.

Penny could feel the couch move as Glenn sat next to her. She opened her eyes just enough to see him, and smiled a faint smile. "Hello..." She said, her voice dry. Penny remembered the dream again. Why was it that scary? There had been much worse things in her life, so why would a dream as low-grade as that make her as jittery as she felt? As she thought, she began to recollect her demons. The ones no one believed she had. She knew everyone thought she was crazy, after all, that was why she was here... but usually, she just blocked it out. Now, fresh in her mind... Penny shuddered. It wasn't good to think about it. Thinking about it only made it worse. She sighed, then sat upright. "You work here, right?"

( let's not get that far ahead. Let some of the others like Nick catch up )

Sent from my XT907

Going into his office Haru pulled out some files and began working. His office was a comfortable place filled with silk tapestries, tatami mats, paper lanterns, and instead of a couch he had a kotatsu in the middle of his room along with a tea set and burner. Haru thought this design was much more soothing and not as stuffy like other offices he's been to. The files he was currently going through gave him an idea of what he was going to do for each patient and who he needed to see soon or near group therapy. The medications were also something to worry about because a lot of needed adjustments to the dosages to counter with the side effects and effectiveness. Now that he thought about it he would have to see Shane soon, to talk about his 'hero complex' and Glenn about his...job.

His opinion on Glenn was mixed, as he was a generally a cheerful person, his hair was long blond and fabulous, not to mention he had shining deep eyes, but he was also secretive, no doubt that he could handle their little...problem...but something was off about him…I'm just being paranoid; I've just been buried in work is all

Taking out a notepad Haru wrote down Glenn and Shane to remind himself and then started to work on medications, mostly just running down the list of medications patients were getting to see if there might be a bad mix.

Before I forget I should grab something to eat...wait I think there might be something wrong with this combination of drugs!

Scribbling away at his notepad Haru was completely immersed in his work, forgetting about his daily necessities and the outside world in general.

Shiloh tore his eyes away from the TV and smiled when he realized who was talking. It was his favorite nurse, Shane. He nodded "I slept well, Eevee and Pika kept the nightmares away." He said jumping up and bouncing. To most people they would wonder why an energetic little kid was in a place like this, but he like most of the other patients had their secrets. Shiloh's was that under his cute exterior inside was a manic murderer. "Can you help me get my tray? They always put mine on the top and I cant reach it." He frowned.

Rei watched as the patients came up and got their trays. He turned to the new girl with a smile. "Welcome to the team. I'm Rei." he chuckled and clapped her shoulder. "So you are the new group therapist?" he asked.

Sol squeezed his eyes tighter at the sudden light in the room. Ah – it seemed like it was time already. He sighed and got up in reluctance, one of the only things he found himself unable to beguile was time and morning light.

“Is it time already, eh?” he stretched out his limbs before shifting to the side of his bed, he didn't really feel the need to socialize or get up with everyone else but it was the only way he would get a sense of hope.

He got up still in his pyjamas and made his way to go get some breakfast, or at least the excuse they all received for breakfast.

“I’m very much a misanthrope” he spoke out loud, gazing some of the people that went by. At time he would cringe away from them, claiming that he didn't want an infection. Yeah, they all knew better.

“People, annoying. Life, very much unworthy~” he said loudly as if he was talking to himself, one could swear that he could be schizophrenic if they didn't know him any better. He walked along, sometimes stumbling a bit to get something. Maybe an apple would do...

Catherine turned and looked at Rei "I am indeed." She smiled and thought 'Wow everyone is so nice, it truly is like a family....' She stopped thinking about family and looked for a way to start a conversation "So how long have you worked here," she asked. A simple question, she knew but it would be able to flare into others. She just loved having so many people to talk to, she felt like a kid in a candy shop almost.

Alex looked around for someone anyone to talk to. Mary continually nagged on and on saying "All these people look so scary, don't let them get near 'us'." Alex thought they all looked interesting and each had a story to tell. They were kind of like him, different and unique. Mary on the other hand was a Mary- Sue compared to them, she was likely jealous of that and that's why she would not stop her continuing nagging.

Nightshade got her breakfasts and sat down. She was a little mad that even though she had gotten up early the food still sucked but what should she expected. She sighs and sits down on a couch taking up the whole couch. AS she scarfed down her food she looked around at the others what a bunch of loser goes through her mind. She yawns and gives a smile at the people coming down.

"Me? Work here? No, I live here just like you and everyone else."

He let out a laugh, this one almost got it, and they hadn't seven talked before. He bit another large chunk out of his apple before speaking again.

"Haven't you seen me around?"

This Kid was definitely giving off some sort of Vibe, but in a place so infested with them to being with, his senses were a bit muddled, he still couldn't be sure. Perhaps this ones room was just close to one of them, but still, it couldn't hurt to check up on his suspicions, and it hopefully wouldn't be too dangerous, he'd been out of it for such a long time since the last one that he was a tad bit rusty, but this one shouldn't be too rough.

Ah. That reminded him, he needed to catch up with the doctor later about his last job.

"Oh, sorry about that..." Penny mentally yelled at herself. "Really?! You've been here almost a year, and you never realized?!" She was upset, but tried not show it. "I just... assumed, I guess..." Penny have out an awkward chuckle.

"Assumed that all the nice people are staff? Some of them might be crazy depressive murders. But some of us are pretty nice...Meaning..Me, and the staff."

He laughed at his own joke again. Before taking the last bite of his apple, and setting the core down.

"I guess it's my fault for never saying hi, anyway, I'm Glenn."

He then outstretched his hand that had recently been holding the apple. Slightly sticky, but understandably his right hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back