• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Monsters' Ball. (SaphxMadPrinceXSaiyan)

Mangetsu managed to give the man a smile that conveyed nothing, but was not at all confrontational. "I enjoy watching my fellows, so I suppose I am." She held back her pride enough to bow to the human, feeling thoroughly sick with this man, before stepping aside to let him pass, if he so chose. All of her movements were careful, cautious, and nonthreatening. Ah yes, the "Lord of the Mansion". A symbol of all that is wrong with the world. Heavily guarded as always.

@TheSaiyanKami : Meeno blinks, staring.... for what felt like forever. She had... called him... h-handsome!? His face turns a very dark, dusky red and Meeno stops moving his hands. Leaving them once again on Jynx's hips. He looks down, digging some rather sharp teeth into his bottom lip before he steps closer again, closer than before and raises his eyes to hers. Speaking surprisingly steady after taking a deep breathe "A-and um.. you are very beautiful." he swallows, hoping he had said it right.

@SaphireTsuki The man chuckles, raising a hand to stop her as she moves to the side. "Please please, no need, we are civil individuals yes? Capable of having a civil conversation say... over a drink?" he smirks, obviously challenging her as he snaps his fingers, a trooper un-bottling two bottles of wine and pouring them both into two glasses. The Lord of the Mansion now motioning for Mangetsu to take a seat as he begins to do so himself "Please, sit." Once seated, he takes a drink and sighs "I understand there was an... altercation with some un-necessarily aggressive men earlier?"

Are you inviting me to drink from you? Ah, but she would not. To do so was to be inviting herself to being murdered by sunlight. So she took the wine, not really intending to drink it. She would, of course, pretend to, but dealing with the MCB tended to need her full faculties, and the psychological effects of drinking would cause her to end up drunk, even if she didn't actually have the ability physically- something she'd never been sure of in the first place. And thus she took a small not-sip, before responding "It is truly not at all unusual for members of the MCB to be overly enthusiastic. As it is their job, I cannot in good conscience hold them responsible." That is reserved for the prejudice all humans hold against monsters. Something I was also privy too, so long ago. But no longer.

Jinx watched as Meeno got closer and called her beautiful. She didn't know what to do other then blush. All she could do was blush. "Oh what do I do? What. Do. I. Do? I'm not sure if I should do anything at all." Her mind raced with the same questions going on her head. She never has been called beautiful so she is absolutely stumped. Hopefully Meeno would do something so she wouldn't have to.

For SaiyanKami: Meeno stares at the beautiful Neko-Girl and continues to move slowly closer, his eyes now flicking between her eyes her expression to see if she was upset by him getting so close. Close enough, in fact, she could feel his breathe on her lips when... the music stops, and he freezes. Having pulled her just a bit closer via his grip on her lower back and he blinks, stopping his advance as the music stops playing,... staring at her only inches from her face.....

For SaphireTsuki: The Lord of the Mansion simply nods slowly, taking another drink before humming and swishing his wine around idly in his glass. Before he gives a chuckle and extends his empty hand "If you have no wish to drink then please, do not let me impose it upon you." once she either kept the glass, or handed it over, he continues "Indeed it is a sad fact that often-times to compensate for most Monsters being stronger, faster or smarter they compensate with cruelty and viciousness." he gives a soft shake of his head and hands the drink to a nearby trooper. Setting his own glass aside and leaning forward on his elbows "In point of fact I believe we have a matter to speak on then. Each year for the three years I have hosted the Ball, at every Ball I have selected an honest and seemingly dependable monster to acquire suggestions from. Denying drinking any of the wine was a little... test if you will, you are level-headed and I appreciate that."

She nodded, handing the wine off to the Lord of the Mansion with no visible reaction. Her hands folded in her lap, her listening to his small speech with an attentive ear. "I also appreciate you not forcing me to pretend to drink the wine throughout our conversation." She could do it, but eventually he would get suspicious as it remained exactly the same height. "I make it a point to never drink alcohol, for... the effects are not something I desire." How to take his offer, though? "Suggestions on what, if I may ask?" The ball, most likely, but it was something she wanted to be certain of before she spoke.

Jinx knew what Meeno was doing when he was getting closer. At least she thought she knew. When the music stopped Meeno stopped his advances but that didn't mean Jinx didn't stop. Instead of Meeno doing what he was doing, Jinx instead kissed him. If this wasn't what he was going to do she would be extremely embarrassed.

@SaphireTsuki : The man chuckles, folding his hands before him before smiling... genuinely at her. "Advice on how to better the relationship between Monsters and Humans of course." he leans back in the chair "I personally even detest using the term 'Monster' as it paints your people in a bad light the minutes humans hear it." he shrugs, sighing and rubbing his face "I assumed the best person to ask would be those of your kind yes? As one side is always slightly-biased and Lord knows I get enough human opinions a day." he chuckles. Watching Mangetsu with interest before sighing as a trooper approaches, whispering something in his ear and he nods, shooing the man away before turning his attention back to the vampire. Giving her a charming smile and leaning forward on his elbows "Well then? Your thoughts?"

@TheSaiyanKami : Meeno's eyes widen in the second it takes Jynx's lips to meet his own. He blinks, slowly as if dumbfounded, before he relaxes and returns the kiss gently. His hands moving further around to encircle Jynx as he hugs her close, the slightest pressure of emerging claws digging gently into her back and Jynx can feel a rather... long serpentine tongue replace where his normal human one had just been. NOt that he was actively trying to french kiss her but... it was still rather noticeable.

When Jinx felt the claws and the serpent tongue she felt Meeno might be transforming bit by bit. After Jinx had pulled away from the kiss she pulled Meeno back to where they originally stood before other music started that would cause some monsters to dance differently from the way they were just dancing. She didn't want to be caught in the herd of monsters that may or may not be dancing. If there was going to be any music at all. Once there she saw the Minotaur was still passed out on the floor.

"I thought he would've gotten dragged away. Then again you were nice enough to not get him trouble so they might've just left him due to that."

Jinx looked at Meeno and smiled. "Thank you for the dance. It was nice."

Mangetsu folded her hands together in front of her, and then looked the man in the eyes. He did seem to be honest, if she was any judge, so perhaps she could trust him. At least enough to be conservatively open with him. So, she tilted her head slightly and began to speak, altering her tone so she sounded contemplative, "Education may be a good place to start. As the sides are now, we nonhumans at least know next to nothing of human culture, and many have difficulty understanding why humans are frightened of them. At least among the youth, anyway. Likewise it seems that humans have little knowledge of our culture, as they seem to think every disturbance is something negative." Just because someone was rowdy did not mean they wanted to hurt one another. "Or to disregard all talents and differences aside from physical strength." 'Our intelligence had to be less, so long as we were Not Human. We couldn't possibly have any interests, or any use in entertainment or other fields, all monsters were stronger than humans! All monsters were murder sprees waiting to happen!' That sort of thing made her sick, but it didn't show.

@TheSaiyanKami : Meeno blinks, realizing he was starting to unintentionally transform and he stumbles after Jynx as she lead shim back off to the side of the room as the music changes to something more.. fitting for the largely-drunk and inebriated crowd. At her words he smiles a little, nodding and he moves his hands to gently take her own. "You're... um.. w-welcome." he smiles, his eyes constricting to those more... serpentine and they darken to an almost blood-red. His skin beginning to take one a reddish hue and his hands become very, VERY rough.

@SaphireTsuki : The man nods thoughtfully, locking his fingers together as he rests his chin upon them. "I see.... well th-...." A passing Harpy-Male screeches loudly and the man winces a bit, sighing and presses a finger into his ear. Standing slowly and dusting his suit off, offering Mangetsu a hand "Shall we go somewhere more... quite?"

"If you wish. You are the Lord here, sir." She didn't smirk, but there was still that amused glint in her eyes. And then she stands, also taking his hand as suggested. She was, however, acutely aware of the various men following them, and of their weapons which were likely trained on her. At least three of them had to be, anyway.

When Meeno held Jinx's hand she felt it was very rough. She looked at his hand and saw it was turning red. "That's not good is it?" She started to wonder what caused the transformation to start.

"Why are you transforming? I don't think that's good since you're a dragon and this place is, well, guarded. I hope you can take care of it. I don't want you to get into trouble."

@TheSaiyanKami : Meeno winces as she brings up him starting to turn, looking very ashamed as he looks down at his hands and quickly pulls them away. "S-Sorry! I didn't.. w-well.... yeah..." he finally agrees softly, shrugging his shoulders and sighing "I have to usually.. a-avoid exciting or stressful situations." he glances up at her "I'm very sorry I can... leave you alone if you wish."

@SaphireTsuki : The Lord smiles as he gently takes her hand, helping her to her feet superficially as Mangetsu was far stronger than this man, though her opinion on the kind gesture was her own, though he DID seem to notice her amusement. He gives a small, respectful nod "Of course milady, come...." he leads her back into the Mansion and then turns to the troopers, clearing his throat and motioning ahead and the men step ahead of them, clearing a path through the rest of the more... rowdy... party-goers to a set of stairs that lead up to the more private rooms. He turns to Mangetsu, smiling and motioning with a hand "Shall we?"

"I suppose we shall." Mangetsu nodded, walking into the hall and trying to find a suitable room for the two of them. She knew they weren't going to do anything untoward, but she still didn't want to be in a room near creatures who were doing something. The two of them could talk likely only once, after all, and humans seemed to have a hard time smelling the different scents of her people... oh, there was one. "Would this be a suitable room?"

Jinx heard why Meeno was transforming and sighed when he said he could leave. "I don't want you to leave. I was just wondering why and I was worried about your safety. I don't want the troops to think you're doing something you shouldn't when it's just something that's on accident."

Jinx wondered where she would be staying. She has never been here before and she doesn't know if they have a room for her or not. "Hey I have question. Where am I staying? I've never been here before and I don't know what I do about it. Do you no anything about that?"

@SaphireTsuki : The Host of the Party chuckles and nods "Of course milady vampire, wherever you feel most comfortable." he idly walks by her, no men with him now and he smiles back at her "I understand speaking to me must be... awkward so if there is anything else I can do please do not hesitate to inform me of it." Once inside the room there was, indeed, a bed big enough for two, a fireplace, and a round table beside the room's single window. He pulls back both of the chairs and smiles, nodding to the one across from himself as he sits, letting her close the door or leave it open as she pleases. "Please sit, I have a feeling you have much to tell me..."

@TheSaiyanKami : Meeno nods at her reasoning, giving her a tiny, if still there, smile. "R-Right...." though he blinks when she asks where she was staying and thinks for a moment "Umm I-I thought we all had rooms here in the Manor? I-I mean... not together o-or... w-well unless people want b-but... well..." his eyes drop to the ground, his voice also dropping to a whisper "Y-Yeah... only if people want..."

Jinx heard Meeno say they all had rooms and smiled. "I wanna see my room!" She ran on all fours to her room but she ran through the crowd of monsters instead of around them. Luckily she turned into a kitten before the troopers saw her jumping on heads to get across the crowd. When she got to her room she had already reverted to her normal form and was already jumping on the bed. "My room!" She then stopped. Quickly covering her ears she frowned and curled up into a ball. "And I can everything else going on." She went under he covers and started to shake as the noises were scaring her. "I don't like my room anymore."

Surveying the room, and glad at the slightly classy look to it, though that didn't show on her face, she stepped inside after a bit. Once she had, however, she moved over to the opposite chair, inclining her head towards the Lord. "However much I will share depends on what you have in mind."

((I don't remember if we'd already proven that he wanted to help, sorry.))

@TheSaiyanKami : Meeno blinks, watching Jinx absolutely sprint off through the crowd and he winces, almost expecting her to run into someone or something before he sighs. Slowly, and awkwardly, following her as he mutters 'excuse me's' through the entire crowd before giving an exasperated sigh once he stands in the doorway to her room. "Mhmm i-it's.. n-..." he pauses, hearing some... inappropriate noises nearby and he sighs. "It's nice...." he sighs.

@SaphireTsuki : (More or less... she ca still be cautious of course xD ) The man shrugs, extending a hand over the table for her to shake "First, I suppose, introductions now that the atmosphere permits. I am Lucien, and it is a pleasure to meet you. Yourself?" he smiles, and it IS a charming smile that is... real. Mangetsu can at LEAST tell that much this time, whether or not that made her more or less uneasy depends upon her.

Jinx heard Meeno had followed her and realized he was standing in the doorway. She poked her head out of the covers with her ears covered and scared face. She wanted leave the room as soon as possible. "Can we go to your room? I don't like my room. It's scary." Though she wanted to leave she didn't want to move so the only thing she did was turn into her blue kitten form and meowed quietly with her paws over her ears.

"I am Mangetsu, of the IceShade clan. It is a pleasure to meet you, Lucien." She inclined her head towards him. An honestly charming smile... rare, and more so he did not seem at all frightened of her. So, for all his presence as one of the humans whom controlled Monsterkind, he did not seem to fear at least Vampires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back