• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Monster Smash - Main Thread Closed

myvalentina

A half forgotten song

A Halloween RP

Every year the teenagers of Historia, USA throw a Halloween party and every year it's pretty lame. Party planning usually falls on the senior class of East Lago High, a long held tradition, but the most memorable party they've thrown in recent memory was the thirty minutes nearly fifty students gathered at Ipswich Cemetery. It was only thirty minutes because the cops promptly came and broke it up. Jacob Piper got arrested and Lana Soree was lost in the nearby woods for twenty-seven hours. That was three years ago. Last year was just spent in the Lago High parking lot, throwing rocks into the pond behind the school while Lisa Candera blared spooky sounds from her car. It's all so sad, mostly because there are adults that remember the Raucous Barn Raising of '83 or the even the Great Halloween Sock Hop of '59! 

Change was in order. So East Lago high made a pact with Hawthrone high school in the nearest town over (Sunny Hills) for fresh eyes on the whole party thing and in exchange they'd finally be invited to the 'infamous' Lago Halloween parties. And like a charm, one kid stepped up with the perfect location: a recently abandoned lake house on the edge of town. Planning immediately began for the party of the century. Will you be coming?

About the RP - I wanted to start a Halloween RP to satisfy my spoopy cravings. I'm looking for casual-to-detailed role-players willing to have fun with some classic monsters, in a house party setting. It will start at the beginning of the evening with people arriving before an inciting incident unleashes monsters on the unsuspecting party goers. The monsters will come in waves starting with spiders and crows and escalating to demons. I'm thinking I'll drop in with an announcement when a new group of monsters starts attacking. I'm hoping to continue the RP through until Halloween and finish soon after (so just something quick before I disappear to work on NanoWriMo next month).

Though it's meant to be more horror-lite (maybe a little on the horror-comedy side) there will still be blood mentions (nothing too graphic please) as people get hurt. And the main objective will be to stay alive. Please feel free to dramatically kill off your characters or unsuspecting NPC party goers. The house will have rooms of weapons, so our characters won't be completely underpowered, but they're still facing supernatural creatures so keep that in mind. RPN rules apply, no godmodding, but please have fun!

[SIZE=20.254629135131836px]Please Wait to be Accepted[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
"This is weird, Mr. Darney. I don't think adults are supposed to go this thing." Beastly said, shutting the trunk of his car with an elbow while he juggled the boxes of candles in his arms.

"It's fine, Beastly." The teacher said, rolling the generator up the walk way to the house. "I know more about these parties than any of you guys do anyway. I am 'down' with it." He intoned, making the teenager roll his eyes.

"You are certainly not. You basically blackmailed me into being the so-called chaperone."

"Blackmail is a strong word choice." Mr. Darney said, eyebrows high on his forehead, as he held the door open for the younger man.

"Well you're the english teacher. What would you call saying you'd inform the cops of where we were having the party if I didn't let you supervise us, hm?" Beastly dropped the box of candles in the run down living room, with an echoing thud, immediately putting his hands on his hips to stare the teacher down.

Mr. Darney opened his mouth but didn't really have anything to say in response so he just huffed. "Victor, I just want all of you to have the safest halloween party."

"Safe doesn't really equal fun." Beastly sighed, beginning to place candles around the room as the sun was beginning to set. He lit them as Mr. Darney messed with the generator. It was making a spluttering sound while the  teacher softly cursed. 

"Everything ok?" He asked.

"Fuck!" Mr. Darney was clutching a bleeding finger, but the generator was humming steadily. "It's fixed!" He said triumphantly, trying to staunch the bleeding. Standing in the foyer, at the foot of the stairs his blood began stained the pale wood, dripping in between the planks of the floor. A soft glow that was imperceptible because of the daylight began to pulsate. An ominous sign that would be discovered too late. 

"I hate blood." Mr. Darney balked, looking away from his finger. 

"Check in the bathrooms." Beastly said unaffected by his wounded teacher. 

Mr. Darney walked up the stairs to find a bathroom up there and to take a good look at the house, while Beastly remained lighting candles in the living room and around the bottom floor. 

If his nosey teacher fainted from blood loss the better. If not Beastly's first plan of the night would be to make the Teacher so plastered he would pass out, but he'd have to wait until Darlene's brother Jo brought the alcohol for the party. Hopefully people began to arrive soon, the place was looking more run down than popping, he thought anxiously.

Anastasia Masters

Jumping out of the vans front door, landing on her toes Anastasia turned to Joanne and with a sad smile she said:

"Oh, Joanne. I can buy you a new car id you want to, I do admit this one is nice for transporting stuff in but you can't be driving it every day!" Anastasia hugged her best friend, sincerely thinking she did what close friends did. The two girls turned to the third, Eveline, who had opened the back of the van and started to pick up a box.

"Come on girls", she sheered "tonight's gonna be amazing!" She made a brilliant spin on her left toes and vent away towards the front door with the other girls soon behind her with parts of their packing with them. Joanne had gotten two bottles of vodka that she hold in a pink bag thrown over the box she had chosen. Anastasia picked up one of her boxes and eyed the house. It was about to fall down, perfect for a wrecking party. She had been about to enter her familys guest house, but she was not fast enough. Now she would have been glad if she had done it, because this was nothing she wanted to be seen in. She gave herself a brilliant smile and started walking, it might be falling down on their faces, but it would make a perfect setting. She just had to keep positive about the house, and this would be the best party ever. She started walking, eyeing every every single part of the house from the outside, looking for places that would be perfect for the smoke machines.

Inside they all walked into the livingroom.

"Oh, hey!" Anastasia put down her box and the other two were put down on the side of hers. "We got a karaoke machine and some smoke machines with us!" She was about to turn again to get the last boxes when she met Joannes eyes, turned back and continued. "Oh, and two bottles of vodka! 'Cause every party needs vodka!" Eveline took a step forward.

"We're from East Lago, Anastasia" she pointed towards Anastasia, "Joanne" she put her hands on Joannes shoulders, "and I'm Eveline" she concluded.

(Sorry that this post is short. I'm not a detailed roleplayer.)

Hanate stand-sin front of the lake house, pun book in hand. He seas the lights on in the living room. May-bee some peepo are alread-yin-side, Hanate thinks. He knocks on the fr-ant door with a sat-isfying and loud knock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leo drove up a bumpy, unpaved path towards the address she was given for a party. The sunlight filtered through her car, lighting up the interior and reflecting off of her pilot sunglasses. Leo leaned back in her seat as the hill slowly became a straightaway, leading to the front of this abandoned house. It was pretty impressive, considering it was left in such a hurry. She could see small shots of the lake as she drove up to the house. There were already some cars here, and people were unpacking and getting ready for the party. 

The dirt kicked up by Leo's car settled and Leo pulled out her keys. She stepped out of the car and looked around, her frizzy red hair flowing in the soft breeze.

She walked to her trunk and grabbed the speaker she brought, brushing the dirt off of her jeans. She began to walk up to the front of the house.

People were beginning to arrive. Most from East Lago High, which wasn't a bad thing! This was their tradition anyway, Beastly didn't mind being a guest, he just hoped some of his own friends would decide to come. Done with the candles Beastly decided an introduction was in order, so he jumped on the couch, one foot on the armrest.

"I don't see too many familiar faces, so allow me to introduce myself and rep my school! You can call me Beastly, cause I'm a BEAST on the football field." He pumped his arms in the air. "Hawthorne High is pretty rad the only thing we were missing is a cool Halloween party so thanks East Lago for letting us partake in this tradition. Hopefully this starts a beautiful friendship between our schools."

"Now! The generator is over there since the electricity is dead. Electronics can be attached to it. I put ice in the kitchen sinks so feel free to put alcohol in there. More people and alcohol should be coming I swear! And like have fun!" He finished, jumping down, but he remembered his teacher stomping around upstairs.

"Oh! And for any Hawthorne kids, I tried to get rid of Mr. Darney but he came anyway. Brought the generator so I couldn't really tell him to fuck off." He said, with a frown. "To my Lago peeps, Mr. Darney is our English teacher. He's chill, but like the quicker we put him out of commission the better." 

"Fuuuuuuudge me," Kate inched along the road in her old beater truck. She tried her cell once or twice to ask for directions but she had no service. Must be a dead zone. 

The road wasn't too rough, even if it was long. At least there were plenty nice views of the lake. Finally, she finished the hill and found the old lake house. A couple of people had already arrived and she parked behind what she figured was Leo's car. She had seen it a few times at practice. 

With a resounding slam of the door, Kate hopped out of her vehicle with a stack of trays and headed towards the others, her blonde hair a mess in the wind. "Shorty's in the house! I brought cupcakes!" This would be fun, she hoped at least. 

Mr. Darney

Mr. Darney was an unfit, alcoholic forty something who had somehow climbed down the drainage pipe of the lake house, to sneak back to his car and grab a costume. More teenagers were arriving so he'd grabbed the costume and snuck behind an old tool shed. He'd wanted a Chewbacca costume, but beggars can't be choosers. It was going to be a cold night so he was glad for the extra layer of the costume, especially since the heating didn't work.

He took a swig of his own top shelf whiskey from a flask and placed it in his jean pockets before zipping up the main part of the costume. He slipped the giant paws on and finally set the gaping maw of the werewolf head on. He barked a laugh but stopped at the sound of rustling. Mr. Darney turned to look at the dark woods behind him. He could see out the mouth of the werewolf head, but there was nothing there. He swore he'd heard footsteps... whispering even... He heard another car approaching so he poked his head from out behind the shack. Two people were standing outside of the house. Perfect!

Mr. Darney snuck up behind a young red headed woman-- she was closest to him-- and a young man with a book in his hand.  It was Halloween, wasn't it? They'd appreciate the attempt at some horror. With a large breath he howled into the air to grab their attention, before running straight for them.

@RomanticDaffodil @Verdana

werewolf_halloween_costume_by_themaskmandan.jpg

Beastly

"The smoke machines and karaoke will have to connect to this clunky thing." He told the girls as he maneuvered over to the generator. When someone new mentioned cupcakes he lit up.

"And cupcakes!" Beastly said, running over. "Aside from tequila, cupcakes was the third most important thing on my list of things that would make this party the best in history." He said, sarcastically. He spotted Mr. Darney's blood staining parts of the generator and in big globs on the floor. Maybe he should check on the man, that looked bad. There was something else there on the ground too, but he shook his head, focusing on the girls mingling in the living room with all their great additions to the party. 

"So Anastasia and Joanne and Ev... EVELYNE! They've introduced themselves." He said, trying to wipe the blood away with his shoe while distracting the girls with over the top hand gestures. "What about you cupcake girl. Who are you?" He asked, with a stunning smile.

@Tori_98 @Neastlarsson

Hanate turn-saw-round when he h-ears a howl. He see-swat a-peers to bee a where-wolf run-ying at him. Sense Hanate's knot won to disk-wall-ify myths, he kits into a comb-ative st-ants, book red-dy toaster-ike.

'Cause why not.

"Wow!" His smile almost made her drop the cupcakes as she swooned. Nobody told her the quarterback from Hawthorne would be there, then again, why wouldn't he be at a party held between the two schools. Plus, the presence of Anastasia's rich girls brought her back down to planet earth faster than she left. She smiled and stayed light-hearted.

"I'm Kate, but most people just call me shorty. I'm captain of the Cheerleaders at East Lagos. You must be...Beastly? You guys kicked our butts last week!"

She thought about ignoring the three other girls, but that would've been rude so she waved and made an effort to be polite. 

"How's it going Anastasia?" 

Kate left the cupcakes on a table and crashed on a couch. She still hadn't seen Leo who had to be around somewhere. 

Leo turned around and jumped st the sight of the 'werewolf', but then rolled her eyes. It was a pathetic attempt at a costume. The mask was the type of melty, moldable plastic that folded if you put it under pressure for too long. The face was squashed and Leo could clearly see the eyeholes. "I don't think you're fooling anyone." she said, turning back around and continuing carrying the speaker towards the house.

She walked through the open door into the dim, musty main room and she looked around. Anastasia and her goonies, along with Shorty and a kid named 'Beastly' were already here. She carried her speaker over to the generator and plugged it in. She smiled at her handiwork and turned to face everyone else, grin spread across her face.

Anastasia Masters

Anastasia brighten her smile as she saw Kate with the cupcakes, not because she liked Kate or cupcakes in particular, rather because she had an reputation to keep up. As being a queen bee Anastasia took pride in being liked and there was no easier way to be liked than to like everyone. As Kate was captian of their cheerleaders she was an important friend of hers, even if the most they had was for the public.

"Oh, Kate it's so nice that you came! This is going to be the best party ever!" Anastasia almost jumped the way over to Kate, giving the other girl a hug. Eveline blowed a kiss over Anastasias shoulder, her being a little bit more open about her feelings toward Kate. On the other side Joanne raised her hand waving, a small smile showing behind her silent personality.

Anastasia once again turned towards Beasty, she dragged a hand through her hair, giving it some volym.

"Beasty dear, can you maybe put this together? I'm not real good with electricity." 

Beastly

"Alright, Shorty it is. Who am I to judge with a name like Beastly." He said, trying to keep all the names and cliques together in his head. "We may have kicked your butt in football, but Lago cheerleaders are way better." He looked around wide eyed and whispered. 

"Don't let Christina hear me say that. She'll kick my ass." The Hawthorne head cheerleader was vicious, there always seemed like there was a rivalry between them. And in the grand scheme of things it was finny to him. In another world the head cheerleader and the quarterback would probably be dating.

Beastly saluted, "As you wish, Princess Anastasia." He bent down beginning to mess with the wires connecting to the generator. Now that he was closer to the ground he saw the red glow coming from under the planks of wood.

"Um..." He moved over taking hold of the wood and realizing it was loose. Beastly pulled it up and moved it aside, a deep red color pouring out of the hole. "Guys, are you seeing what I'm seeing?" He said, some weird symbols looking like they were coated with bright glowing blood.

@Neastlarsson @Tori_98 @RomanticDaffodil

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 9.37.14 PM.png 

Mr. Darney

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" The teacher said, holding his hands up. "It was just a joke." Mr. Darney pulled up the mask. The young man looked like he could hurt someone. "Where is everyone's sense of humor? I haven't seen one costume and it's Halloween!" He said.

There was another sound of rustling as the wind picked up around them. "Is a storm coming in." He said, looking up at the sky. Dark clouds had begun to gather. "Maybe we should go inside?"

@Verdana

bd20eb8117e4ad44fa5019b0ab7477d6.jpg

Hanate laughs at what now appears to be an obvious joke, "Oh, nobody has a costume?" he asks. "I have a sense of humor, that's for sure."

After a few moments, Hanate says, "If I was a skeleton, I wouldn't have the guts to stand up to you.

Mr. Darney

Looking away from the sky with a nervous chuckle. Puns were usually the territory of teachers and the early morning weathermen, so it was refreshing to hear it coming from a young man. "That's good to hear my boy!" He said, "But I don't see a costume on you. Unless you're costume is that of a regular teenager!" He laughed, but stopped when he heard the rustling again. Something was out in the nearby woods, or he was being paranoid. 

"My name is Mr. Darney," He said, holding his hand out but also grabbing the young man by the shoulder. "Let's get inside, it looks like it's going to rain." 

@Verdana

Kate returned Anastasia's hug, waved to Joanne, and winked at Eveline. They all seemed alright...for now. She couldn't help but blush at Beastly's comment, he was kind, but what was he pointing at?

"Erm," She put a hand to her mouth. "That's really gross, did you buy that from a Halloween shop?" Gosh, the blood almost looked real! She couldn't help but glance around the room to see the other's reactions.

Monster Drop

Spiders and Bats

"The first wave that shall descend upon the land shall be the bats and the arachnids. A prelude of things to come!"

82412b945eafe7b82e4a615c7082e411.gif

animated-spider-gif-9.gif

Beastly 

"I only brought Candles I swear!" He told shorty, beginning to hear a rustling of wind. Or at least he thought it was a rustling of wind. Outside the sky had darkened and a draft swept through the house, candles dimming somewhat at the gust. Beastly stood, rushing to a window to look outside. "Was their supposed to be rain in the forecast?" He asked, the dark clouds just visible as the sun had begun to set, but they weren't all clouds of rain. One was moving too quickly to be that. Beastly stumbled back from the window as a swarm of bats screeched into view immediately surrounding the house. Windows that weren't already broken, burst with impacts of bats and the chimney spilled out a ton of flying creatures like a damn gun. The guests erupted in screams and confusion and all Beastly could do was hold his head and duck for cover.

@Tori_98

Mr. Darney

Mr. Darney burst into a run as soon as he realized the rustling was something other than a storm. He made it into the house and shut the door behind him. "Are you seeing this?" He said, somewhat out of breath after even the short spring up the driveway. "What could make these creatures act this way?" He said, but there was no time to answer anything as the bats began crashing their way into the house. Soon the living room was thick with bats and Mr. Darney had pulled on Hanate's collar throwing them both under the dining room table not sure what to do next. "It's like a Hitchcock nightmare scene!" He yelled to be heard over the shrieks from the bats and screams from the teenagers.

@Verdana

Anastasia Masters

"What even is", Anastasia started. she had gone up behind the others and looked at the weird stuff. She had given a disliking look and changed her mind. "No, it looks like some b horror movie probably just someone who wanna mess with us." Then the bats came plying in.

Anastasia screamed, throwing her hands to her head to block the bats from her hair and trowed herself down on the floor.

"This is not happening, what even is this!?" she screamed to no one in particular. She got kicked by people trying to run, and a few even fell over her. 

Hanate was only surprised for a moment. He says to Mr Darney, "I think I know what to do." A bat flies under the table Hanate and Mr Darney are in. Hanate readies his book and yells, "Batter up!" He slams the book slam-bang in the bat's head.

Headshot. +1 EXP

The bat dies.

The black birds, or actually bats as she'd come to figure out soon enough, came out of nowhere. They filled the room as Kate screamed and tried to run backwards, accidentally kicking and tripping over Anastasia who was on the floor. 

"Get up before you hurt someone!!" She screamed over the ruckus, offering the rich girl a hand. "We need to...eeek!" Shorty began an opera of shrieking as one got caught in her hair. As it untangled she ran to take cover in one of the neighboring rooms. 

Mr. Darney

"Oh! Do we have to kill the poor creatures!" The teacher said, at the sight of the crushed and mangled bat, twitching to death on the ground in front of them. The thought of killing an animal sent shivers down his spine, as far as they knew these poor creatures were just confused! He was obviously ignoring the chaos they were causing with all the people around them.

A crawling feeling caught his attention and he looked down at his hand. A giant spider was crawling over his exposed fingers and he yelled scrambling to stand put just hitting his head on the table above him and falling on his face.

@Verdana

Beastly

Crawled along the ground, equally being kicked and tripped over by startled teenagers. He followed the familiar figure of Shorty into the guest bedroom shutting the door behind them to prevent some bats from flying in after them. "Fuck!" He shouted, trying to get his bearings together. The sun had gone down and besides that the fast moving storm and darkened the skies. Add to that the fact he'd only lit one candle in this room, meant they were in near pitch darkness. "What's going on? What the fuck!" 

@Neastlarsson @Tori_98

Hanate springs into action and grabs the giant spider. The spider obviously stings Hanate. Thankfully, it was not poisonous. He drops the spider of the ground and attemps to stomp it to death. Sadly, Hanate was under the table and managed to only injure the spider. He punches the spider, despite the fact that his hands would be covered in blood.

Hanate looks at the mangled corpse of the arachnid in front of him. "You could say I just beat him," he says. Hanate turns to Mr Darney and asks, "Are you conscious?"

(These are the most detailed posts I have ever made.)

Mr. Darney, groaned massaging his head. "I'll live." He said, opening his eyes and immediately closing them again at the sight of guts and blood from the spider. "That's disgusting. I can't stay under here." He said, moving to stand. The bats were aggressive and would swoop and bite at you, but seeing Hanate's fearlessness, the teacher was now swatting to keep them away from his head. 

"I guess it could be worse." He said, using a pillow from the nearby couch to knock the bat out of the air. 

Accuraccy +1

Mr. Darney even felt oddly satisfied with every creature he hit and kicked on the ground.

"Take that! We're doing the Monster S-MASH! You get it! Like the song Monster MASH!" He laughed at his own joke.

Humor and Coolness -1

(Are you liking the doing something a little more detailed @Verdana ? Also because the puns come from a teacher it reduces his cool factor every time he says one lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back