• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Modern Werewolves

Cello

Cheese Connoisseur
"Werewolves? Do you mean the ones remembered as feral beasts in ancient stories? Nonexistent. It's the 21st century, of course! However, their descendants still live and are very different. Like how our domesticated dogs have evolved from wolves, these modern werewolves have changed plenty. Instead of becoming wolves, they can shift into dogs. Even the full moon no longer affects them physically. They can shift at their own will, and only other werewolves can tell if someone belongs to their kind. Some prefer to live in the traditional pack structure, while others have adapted to human families. There's a little maritime town in southern California called Lunawood, bordered by the ocean on one side and a mysterious forest on the other. It's also known as the birthplace of modern werewolf history and home of the prestigious Aconitum University. We welcome those who seek a little adventure during their summer..."
Hey, everyone! The Modern Werewolves was one of my old roleplay ideas, and I'd like to bring it back to life.
There are four main groups: the Pack, the Kennel, strays, and humans. The Pack and the Kennel are two clans of wolves with an old rivalry due to their different philosophies and lifestyles. Both communities are tight-knit coalitions of families scattered throughout town. Most wolves belong to one of the two, with the exception of stray wolves. Wolves are usually born into the Pack while the Kennel regularly welcomes humans into their ranks.
All the characters are college-aged. The Pack students have decided to live together in the same house while they pursue their education. As for the Kennel, it is a coming-of-age tradition for each young adult to bite a human. All the humans are attending college, each sharing their home with a member of the Kennel temporary living as a pet dog. Once they have completed their task of turning a human, they can return home. However, not all Kennel wolves would betray their human companion; some even leave their clan to become strays. The Pack also dislikes the archaic practice, trying their best to help unsuspecting humans while keeping their species a secret.
Let me know what you guys think! Feel free to ask for clarification on the plot or suggest ideas c:

Last edited:
Somedudesbutonly2 Somedudesbutonly2 Vesperia_Rune Vesperia_Rune

Great! I should be able to make the thread this weekend, so feel free to ask me if there's a specific role you would like

The Pack sounds more like me so it would be easier to role play, on the other hand Kennel sounds a lot more fun... hmm... Also are werewolves common knowledge, in this age of phones in every pocket? Are police officers armed with silver bullets and wolvesbane?

Somedudesbutonly2 Somedudesbutonly2 Vesperia_Rune Vesperia_Rune

Great! I should be able to make the thread this weekend, so feel free to ask me if there's a specific role you would like

I am really into the Kennel side but might need a run down on genetics before fully forming a char. Like would my parents be were's and I was born were or bitten? That would kinda dictate the canine I choose. Are any off limits? Canines I mean.

I wouldn't mind playing a stray wolf of that's not to much to ask
Sure!

The Pack sounds more like me so it would be easier to role play, on the other hand Kennel sounds a lot more fun... hmm... Also are werewolves common knowledge, in this age of phones in every pocket? Are police officers armed with silver bullets and wolvesbane?
I was originally planning to have the wolves be a secret from the humans at first, or else the Kennel tradition would be well-known. Lunawood is full of werewolf mythology anyway, but many people are still skeptical. I really like the idea though! I think you could make an entirely new roleplay in which the modern werewolves are discovered and how society has changed as a result.

I am really into the Kennel side but might need a run down on genetics before fully forming a char. Like would my parents be were's and I was born were or bitten? That would kinda dictate the canine I choose. Are any off limits? Canines I mean.
It would be your choice if your character was born or bitten. In this RP, children of two werewolves would almost always be born a werewolf. Children with one wolf parent have a 50% chance of inheriting lycanthropy, and occasionally they can inherit it from a more distant relative like a grandparent. Any dog breed, mix, or mutt would be fine. Werewolves don't necessarily need to be the same breed as their parents or siblings as long as they're somewhat similar kinds? The chart below might help with suggestions:

pedigree-dog-breed-chart-763.jpg

Last edited:
Sure!

I was originally planning to have the wolves be a secret from the humans at first, or else the Kennel tradition would be well-known. Lunawood is full of werewolf mythology anyway, but many people are still skeptical. I really like the idea though! I think you could make an entirely new roleplay in which the modern werewolves are discovered and how society has changed as a result.

It would be your choice if your character was born or bitten. In this RP, children of two werewolves would almost always be born a werewolf. Children with one wolf parent have a 50% chance of inheriting lycanthropy, and occasionally they can inherit it from a more distant relative like a grandparent. Any dog breed, mix, or mutt would be fine. Werewolves don't necessarily need to be the same breed as their parents or siblings as long as they're the somewhat similar kinds? The chart below might help with suggestions:

pedigree-dog-breed-chart-763.jpg
quick question, this chart of dog breeds doesn't include the Samoyed, is that because werewolves cannot change into them or...?

quick question, this chart of dog breeds doesn't include the Samoyed, is that because werewolves cannot change into them or...?

The chart isn't exhaustive, so any dog breed or mix would be perfect even if it's not on there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back