• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Mobile Infantry

3. It may seem that Rico is alone, but that doesn't mean he is. If he's not careful, he might get injured before he even starts the mission. He needs to scan his surroundings stealthily, and then act.

2. They know where we landed, so it's likely they're on their way, but we don't know from where and how long it might take them. We should get out of the pod so we're not a sitting duck, but not that far out of the crater so we can quickly enter or exit the crater. Plus, we should regroup with our team soon, so we shouldn't tarry.

Option 3 won with one vote(s) as it was the very first reply.

" Should I use a quick burst from my armor's boosters to hop up to the edge of the crater and take a quick peek around ? After all , I'm separated from the squad .  "
 - or -

"Should I stop still and listen for anything ? Perhaps I might avoid getting into a tough situation if i act carefully .  "

After considering these two options you quickly choose the second option .

You decide to stop still and listen for anything you can catch, while using your Power Armor's other sensors to sweep from within the crater.

You listen for several moments, but can't hear anything aside from the breeze of the wind and the chunks of concrete and glass still raining down around you.

Nothing at all, you just don't hear anything that's moving around, which is odd.

If there is a rebellion, wouldn't you have drawn far more attention with this explosive entrance?

After all they WERE firing upon your drop pod.

You continue to scan the area visually and with thermals and EMR  to pick up any heat or energy signatures , but still you find nothing around you for a few meters out oddly.

Its highly unusual , maybe all the defenders were killed in this area after you landed on them  ? 

No that couldn't be it .

You didn't see human remains anywhere at all.

You try your coms again to raise your squad or your ship, but all your rewarded with is static, your radar is also being jammed as well. 

You only see the status of your squad.

Thankfully they're all still alive, all 24 of them, for now.

You start feeling something ominous creeping up on the recesses of your mind, but you quickly refocus at the task at hand .

What do you do now ? 

1. With a blast from your Power Armor's boosters, you leap up out of the pit and into the sky, to get a good look around.
  2. You use a quick burst from your power armor's boosters to hop up to the edge of the crater, and take a quick look around.

OOC: after 8-28 hours from this post, the reply with the most votes from DIFFERENT users will be chosen. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now that I can reply again...

Option 3. Something is very wrong with this picture. Linking back up with my men is of paramount importance right now. Time is of the essence I think. Since I don't seem to be able to get a feed from the drop ship or any of the colony's sats(?), the good old mark one eye ball shall have to suffice.

Option 2 wins with 2 vote(s) .

You decide to use a quick burst from your power armor's boosters to hop up to the edge of the crater, and take a quick look around.

A valid option given that you didn't want to reveal yourself to the enemy , from a distance that is.

You toggle the switch and push the throttle up to a very, very low setting.

You expect the armor's powered thrusters  to make some kind of noise, anything but you don't hear anything at all , or barely do.

Seems like the combat Power Armor  is far superior to the training Power Armor that you've been using.

With the assistance of the thrusters, your able to move around silently as if you were wearing light armor, a trick that you've taught yourself after hundreds of hours spent in Training Power Armor suits. The light clanking noise you make still echoes lightly throughout the crater, but it its better compared to the heavy earthshaking stomps that other elite marines are used to .

You walk up to the edge of the crater , as you start the visual scan, you notice that the settlement seems to be........empty.

Odd, wasn't there supposed to be a few thousand colonists here ?

What happened ?

You could have sworn that earlier on you were taking defensive fire from the surface of the planet.

You do see however, smoke rising from the power station and hear the echoing sounds  of heavy gunfire mixed in with laser sounds and explosions, but otherwise the settlement to which you landed in seems to be dead.

You check the HUD with a quick glance and notice that all of your squad mates are still alive thankfully.

Coms and radar are still being jammed unfortunately from an unknown source.

As you complete the scan of the area , visually , the entire settlement is empty .

Its a ghost town , which is odd unless Imperial Intelligence was totally off the mark about the population estimates.

A light breeze tumbles loose some papers through the street and despite the eeriness that pervades the area, you still hear heavy gunfire and laser  fire echoing from the power plant. 

What do you do now ?

1. Head west, towards the power station , time to link up with your squad.
  2. North , through the settler's houses and maybe to the farms beyond. You'll need to gather Intel, for Empire Intel to see what's going on.
  3. South, towards the landing fields . Maybe your squad needs help securing the Landing Zone.
  4. East, towards the large storage warehouses set on the hills.  You'll need to gather Intel and as a bonus try to cut the enemy supply line off?
  5. Up, into the air , to get a better view. You'll need more information before deciding on a plan of action.

OOC: after 8-28 hours from this post, the reply with the most votes from DIFFERENT users will be chosen.

Well now that I can reply again...

Option 3. Something is very wrong with this picture. Linking back up with my men is of paramount importance right now. Time is of the essence I think. Since I don't seem to be able to get a feed from the drop ship or any of the colony's sats(?), the good old mark one eye ball shall have to suffice.

Yeah there was an issue with RPN , I think i deleted that virus that was trying to take over the digital world O.o  

made for a great meal however  :P  

fleshy eye > cybernetic eye hmmmm O.o

I would like to do five, but this seems too strange. I feel like we'd be shot at if we did, so it'd be better to lie low. Option 3, head south. I doubt they need help at the landing if nobody's even injured, but it's very possible the enemy is sending false information to our sensors. They've jammed coms, so I don't think it's too far of a stretch, and we'd likely catch up with them on the way to the station if they're fine and moving closer.

I'm worried about the fact that our coms are jammed. Right now, I think our first move should be to meet up with our people ASAP, meaning that option 3., in my opinion, would probably be the smartest thing to do. As @GreenBirdie already said, if they're doing alright, they should be heading our way as well, meaning that we'd meet up in the middle.

I'm voting for 3.

Option 1 won with 3 total vote(s).

As you were deciding amongst the options while you were scanning the area,  you saw a green bird dart into your field of vision .

The odd looking unknown type of green bird darted south ,  wasn't that the bird that BobbyW was talking about earlier or was it Shmuel  ?

As your eyes turned to that direction, you heard  three explosions and then another barrage  of rifle and laser fire echoing from the power plant .

Your mind snapped back from the quick diversion and decided then and there to go to the power plant.

After all your squad is engaging in a pitched battle  with the enemy .

It sounds as if one side is mounting an attack RIGHT NOW .

As you quickly jog towards the power plant, assisted by your skillful usage of the Power Armor's thrusters, you cover the distance easily while not leaving too many tracks for whoever might follow you.

Well, as lightly as you can tread with something that's a few tons of hulking reinforced metal .

At least tracks that weren't too noticeable if someone were to follow in your footsteps .

The sounds of gunfire and lasers still echo around the empty town as your double timing it to the power plant, however its not as intense as before.

Your going for the primary objective, the secondary objective , intel , can wait.

Unfortunately, your squad wasn't able to secure the entire Power plant area without any resistance.

If the enemy is engaging your squad , the enemy might scuttle the power plant and cause a spectacular fireworks display that'll ruin the surface of the planet for years to come if the enemy thinks that they might lose.

Or the enemy might just simply choose kill the rest of your squad, after all they're just regular MI , not elite marines who wield power armor.

Either option is disastrous, so its best if you get there asap to put a stop to the fighting .

So for now, Intel or resecuring the LZ or destroying supply depos, that can all wait, the primary objective needs to be secured first.

As you reach the edge of the area of the power station , its buildings loom over anything else in the immediate area.

The shadowed shapes of towers  and thick cabling is visible in the early morning light.

For now , you don't hear anything as the gunfire and laser fire seemed to have ceased.

You see nothing as you scan the area visually and with thermals or EMR , your squad and the enemy must be deeper inside in the power plant area.

You check your HUD and are relieved to find out that your squad is still alive, mostly intact, however some are injured.

Unfortunately, coms are still out as you hear static and the radar shows enemy targets all over the place as well as allied targets in your field of view, which is  clearly incorrect.

With your skill in moving around lightly in Power Armor, it seems like no one's taken notice.

Neither the enemy or your squad comes out to  greet you with a friendly wave, or with bursts of gunfire from a gauss rifle.

What do you choose to do now with the element of surprise on your side? 

1. Stop and take time to scan the station, might be a good idea to see where the enemy is and where my squad is before making the situation more chaotic.
  2. Hurry ahead and go into the station, looks like both sides are revving up for another attack , I need to join my squad ASAP before another fire fight breaks out. 
  3. Launch a massive volley of missiles at the station ! Maybe the random missile strike might take out the enemy.... maybe. 

OOC: after 8-28 hours from this post, the reply with the most votes from DIFFERENT users will be chosen. If there is a tie, the first reply is chosen.

Rico's stats :

Guts : 13

Leadership :8

Shooting: 10

Fighting: 11

Technical: 11

Stealth :11

The state of your power armor :  Excellent , at 100% armor .

Squad status :  24 Alive .

Squad morale : 75% 

How much glory and honor you have earned : +23% 

Alignment  : +20% light

Bionic implant : Cybernetic Eye

Sub-Celestial Harness : Can be used 3 times.

2. Hurry up and rejoin the squad. With the coms and HUD not working, scanning the area probably won't prove to be useful.

1. Need to know where to hit before I bring the hammer down or I risk making everything worse. Hmm, maybe I can pull off a devastating strike to buck up the squad?

Option 1 , wins with two vote(s).

At first you considered rejoining the squad since your HUD and coms weren't working , and you were afraid that if those two were jammed, that maybe the scan of the area would also yeild some inaccurate results.

But , as with peacetime and in war, Intel would yield some knowledge and  knowledge is everything, even if it is somewhat inaccurate.

Despite the doubts you had in your mind, hadn't heard or seen of any kind of technology that exists within the empire to defeat EMR AND thermal scans.

Visual scans?

Sure , well, somewhat , your Beta armor was a testament to that , but the advanced armor still couldn't defeat EMR and/or thermal scans.

You make your decision quickly, and choose to stop and take a scan of the area.

As an elite marine who uses power armor, its best to not jump into the situation feet first without checking the entire area.

Even if your as tough as some of the light Mechs that are currently being used in the empire, your not some purple giant EVA-01 unit who can just literally STOMP into a situation without any serious consequences.

You need to protect buildings in the primary target, Shinji only had to protect himself and perhaps the city, maybe....MAYBE.

Shinji really did have it easier, but he's in an anime, NOT in the MI .

You stop for a moment, and scan the entire area visually, thermally and with your EMR .

You also take in the sounds of the area, to better acclimate and get used to the new environment and situation.

For now you only hear machinery noises , the sounds of combat seems to have died down , for now.

Your orders did include keeping this station intact, so its best to know how things stand.

As you scan, the station gives off several other confusing readings as well.

Scattered about are moving heat signatures , several of them are oddly, too cold to be human, well it looks like the enemy might be rigging something blow the coolant silos and overheat the Power Station.

As you continue to scan, there's another possible human thermal signature on the western wing, and a very large heat signature on the Eastern side of the complex.

The complex has so much hot machinery and ambient radiation, however, that is hard to get a clear reading.

The final portion of the scan of the station which reveals that it is functional , with minimal damage.

Well minimal damage as in, the vital areas weren't blown up or destroyed, yet. 

The scan reveals that 24 of your squad are still alive, clustered near the center of the station .

Suddenly a bright thermal bloom , as with the sound of an  explosion hits right above the group and you see your squad displace and scatter, except that one of them in the center of the group was unable to retreat immediately .

You see one of the thermal forms collapse to the ground, one of your troopers, BobbyW, his vitals flat line.

Damn , your already taking casualties , maybe his green bird didn't protect him this time.

Or was it Shmuel  who had that green lucky bird ?

One clear reading you DO get is one of the two signatures on the roof , facing your position.

Oddly, they are colder than a human signature , and they are more then a few meters away from the coolant silos ,  you quickly check your Oracle .

A quick query of the Oracle reveals that they're not human.... that they're...

Wait a second, not fully human ? 

There were multiple heat signatures that were too cold to be human, you assumed the first batch you scanned , was due to the fact that the Power Station had a large amount of coolant in that area, thus they were in an area where the coolant storage was at .

But the second group of heat signatures, they're too far away to be next to the coolant tanks.

You rescan the two inhuman heat signatures with the EMR and it reveals large energy based weapons that those two carry, they're far too heavy for ANY regular human to carry , it looks like they're carrying light mech weapons with their BARE HANDS .

Could they be aliens ? Is it possible  ? After all, the Solar Empire of humanity has yet to encounter, anything that wasn't inhuman, that was alive .

No that couldn't be it, no the explanation was that :

Maybe the rebels had developed new thermal defeating technology  and  they're cybernetically augmented with new weapons .

Damn, in either case , this would be really really bad news.

Aliens or an elite rebel force with enhancements and weapons that surpassed your own.

You silently cursed Empire Intelligence and your earlier decision for the failure(s) to gather more intelligence on the enemy , it looks like your fighting some terrible odds with your squad.

You wished that you  help of a certain white building sized digimon about now to help even the odds with a plot device, Omnimon, but wishes and dreams are just that, wishes and dreams .

Besides you don't have a white digivice anywhere on you.

Your in the MI and when the fighting gets ugly and inhumane your called upon to complete the most difficult of tasks that the Empire had assigned to you.

This mission is no different or the exception to that rule.

Your mind snaps back from its quick detour and  you see that those two are readying a weapon to shoot at one of your troopers who had retrograded behind some ferroconcrete for cover.

Looks like those two heat signatures are struggling to get their weapon , whatever it is , in place and they're barely having any success in doing so at least.

Your trooper seems oblivious to the fact that he's going to die from the shot as he looks like he's treating his injury.

Wasting no more time to complete the scan or your thoughts, you launch yourself ahead speeding towards their location as silently as possible.

You pull up short, however, when you think you've seen one of the EMR signatures point their large energy weapon towards your direction .

The other still remains trained at your trooper, as the two heat signatures look like they're trying to preposition the weapon accurately still.

Were you spotted ?

If you were, you weren't shot at , yet.

Or were they merely trying to reposition their main weapon and the EMR signature that's pointed at you is unintentional, just the result of that heat signature moving around to assist with trying to set up that perfect shot at your squadmate.

What do you do now ?

1. You snap off a shot from your blaster ! Time to act ASAP before they shoot your squadmate.
  2. You silently move to the nearest alley , and peek around to get a better look ! Better to sneak in stealthily and try to engage those two at an effective distance.
  3. You unload a massive barrage of missiles and blaster fire ! Time to bring down the roof, after all this might save your squad from that impending firefight .

OOC: after 8-28 hours from this post, the reply with the most votes from DIFFERENT users will be chosen. If there is a tie, the first reply is the tiebreaker.

1. Need to know where to hit before I bring the hammer down or I risk making everything worse. Hmm, maybe I can pull off a devastating strike to buck up the squad?

Sure, if your in an Eva-01 unit  :P    , then that's just a piece of cake , provided you don't destroy the entire building at once O.o .

===============================================================

- 1 MI trooper.

==============================================================

Rico's stats :

Guts : 13

Leadership :8

Shooting: 10

Fighting: 11

Technical: 11

Stealth :11

The state of your power armor :  Excellent , at 100% armor .

Squad status :  23 Alive . 1 KIA

Squad morale : 75% 

How much glory and honor you have earned : +23% 

Alignment  : +20% light

Bionic implant : Cybernetic Eye

Sub-Celestial Harness : Can be used 3 times.

1. Looks like this little shin dig has some party crashes. No ticket, no entry Alien Scum. Hope you don't mind if I cut in, that little lady's dance card is full, but mine is wide open!

I'm going to need everybody on the dance floor for a good old ballroom blitz!

1. Stealth is good, but another soldier is in danger. There's no time for stealth, now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back