• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Mercenaries Tale

maerow

Wanderer

WANNA BE A BAD@SS? You've come to the right place! Or maybe you haven't, because if you're a goody-two-shoes, you'll probably die.

• (crown)

The war has seemingly ended, but much of the lands are still suffering. Ravaged by monsters and humans alike- peace seems but a distant memory. This is where you come in. Your skills have been noticed by the empire, and you have been hired as a mercenary to pacify the lands.

Monsters of all kind still roam the world. From orcs, dragons, trolls, flying fairies and giant spiders-- the list goes on.

Help build, destroy, or even take over an entire empire-- this is the mercenaries tale.
    iwUVbSc.jpg
    Really, anything could happen here. For now, it's just a fleshed out idea, but I'm open to suggestions! :)

Interested? (8)) (sword)

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be interested, but I have a few questions what defines a 'monster' in this universe just to be sure and is there magic, or nay? Also, are there various races to be gone through.. etc.

@Thane Korino

Ah, yeah, it's still a fleshed out idea. I'm thinking monsters like orcs, fairies, goblins-- creatures of that nature. As for magic; yes. But your character has to be a human mercenary. Well, I think it just makes sense. I might make an exception later on, not sure yet

I just have one question. Halflings? Exist canonically or no? Just curious. Also, it may be helpful to have a slightly more in depth world built.

Ah, a human mercernary.. I was thinking about reusing a character or another but neither are humans >.<;

orc and a gnoll.. although there may be one human that could fit the bill or I could come up with something else too.. (thinking out loud here sorry )

Here are some descriptions for some fantasy races I had just sitting on my phone from other RPs. I copy and pasted mostly.

RACES

THE MANISH RACES

Humans

Common Traits: Intelligent, Commercial, Aggressive

Humans are the most numerous of the Manish Races and the most prosperous. For centuries, Humans have slowly attained ascendancy from the Elves through a high birth rate, ingenuity in both military and peaceful applications, and a commercial mentality that makes their settlements the most prosperous in the realm. They are also known for being aggressive towards races they find repulsive, namely Orcs.

Elves

Common Traits: Magic-Adept, Noble, Aloof

Before the Rise of Humanity, Elves were the greatest of the Manish Races. Their cities were unparalleled in splendor and their highly philosophical society was considered the most refined in the realm. Over time, however, the Elves' grew complacent and then stagnant and their civilization was waning by the time Humans had established their first kingdoms. Eventually, they came to rely on Human mercenaries for protection from the Monstrous Races and many of their cities were sacked by Human kings, or given over as tribute. Today, the Elves live amongst Humans or in small isolated communities. They serve a vital niche in Human societies as healers and apothecaries, with capabilities far beyond what Human physicians can achieve.

Dwarves

Common Traits: Industrious, Master-Smiths, Distrustful

While the Elven kingdoms were in their zenith, the first Dwarves set out to colonize the mountains across the realm from their home in the Great Peak, which was sacked by Orcs in the Battle of the Golden Cross. Destitute and uneducated, the Dwarves were looked upon with disdain by the Elves, and a distrust between the races still exists today. Their relations with Humans are not much better, but Human and Dwarf settlements do often enjoy trade in food and smithed weapons and armor. In recent centuries, Dwarven influence has been waning as Humans have gained dominance over the realm, but unlike the Elves they retain a high level of independence from the Human lords.

Halflings

Common Traits: Friendly, Courageous, Unambitious

Having existed as a distinct race since the first Elven kingdoms existed, Halflings are perhaps one of the oldest races in the realm, but also perhaps the least accomplished. The various communities of Halflings spread out amongst the realm have not altered much since their founding and their populations have remained fairly stagnant. Over their history, Halflings have been forced to pledge fealty to several kings and feudal lords, each of which saw the uselessness of subjugating them militarily, as the Halflings were content to pay their taxes and be left to their own devices. Eventually, tax collectors stopped arriving and the Halflings fell into obscurity. Even now, most of the realm has forgotten them, but for those in the know, the produce, wine, and pipe tobacco of the Halfling country is without parallel, and the Halflings are always willing to lend a hand to those who befriend them.

THE MONSTROUS RACES

Orcs

Common Traits: Inventive, Fearless, Sadistic

Formed out of the primordial swamps, long before the first Elves walked the globe, Orcs are gruesome creatures that thrive on inflicting pain. In the old days, before the rise of the Manish Races, Orcs entertained themselves by partaking in savage gladiatorial combat and wargames. Orcs lived for combat, and never tired of coming up with new ways to torture and kill. With the rise of the Elves, then the Humans, the Orcs began to form armies and warbands to attack the Manish peoples, for sport or to plunder their precious resources. Goblins, a subrace of Orcs, are the servants of the Orcs and create and maintain most of their war machines. The barely-intelligent Trolls, usually considered another Orcish subrace, are used as draft animals or heavy soldiers.

The Drow (Dark Elves)

Common Traits: Cunning, Magic-Adept, Narcissistic

Formed from the schism in the Light and Dark aspects of Magic, the Drow were Elves who wanted to harness the power of Dark Magic to bend the other races to their will. During a civil war, the Drow were exiled from Elven lands. They continued, however, to practice Dark Magic to exact revenge and gain lordship over the peoples of the realm. These evil pursuits, over time, altered their very nature. Driven underground to hide from mercenaries and bounty hunters, they developed a deathly pale complexion and an aversion to sunlight. In more recent years, they have made alliances with the Orcs to manipulate them into doing the grunt work of destroying the other races.

The Fae (Fairy Folk)

Common Traits: Magic-Adept, Clever, Mischievous

The Fae encompasses the fairy races of the realm: fairies, sirens, nymphs, sprites, imps, etc. The Fae are primarily woodland-dwelling creatures that have existed since time immemorial. Although not inherently evil, the Fae tend to have sinister aims, and enjoying toying with mortals.

I am into this concept... But I do agree with others, more information would be nice.

I'll join regardless, but it would be helpful for character building.

@Shireling

Halflings, yes. I'm still working on the whole world building thing. It may take a while for me to establish anything right now, I've got too many roleplays on my plate xD

I have a Knight with huge armour and a double handed sword, riding horseback. She is actually a Princess but got tired of sitting in a castle. Her armour and sword are magical making them as light as air, so she can disguise her feminine body and strike down foes easier. Might she fit the bill for this story?

kokochii said:
@Shireling
Halflings, yes. I'm still working on the whole world building thing. It may take a while for me to establish anything right now, I've got too many roleplays on my plate xD
Okay. Tell me if you want any help.

kokochii said:
@Zuka
Yes, that is completely fine :D

@Shireling

I'd actually appreciate some help. ^^

By the way, thank you for sending me that list of races and their descriptions!
No problem. I'm a huge fantasy geek, so I'm good at this stuff. Also, I make maps.

Hi, I'm returning from an RP hiatus and this looks like fun, let's murder some monsters (^U^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back