• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Melancholy of Everything (a yandere rp)

Cursed Jester

Named "Cursed"
Hello people of RPN, so this is my first interest check (and really first rp related post in general) so I don't really have a clue what I'm doing, but I'm going to try.

In the year 2019, out of the blue, new born children were discovered to have magical abilities, however against many people's expectations, these magical abilities weren't really limited. When one thinks of magic, the naturally place limitations on it in their mind, and of course there where some minor restrictions on the children's powers, but for the most part, the mages as they where now being formally called, had full control over the laws of reality.

At first, due to their god like abilities, these mages were beings to be feared, and many militaries attempted to take advantage of these mages, however it was soon discovered that with their unlimited abilities, even if it was 100 to 1, that 1 mage would never be overwhelmed no matter who it was, and every mage was equal in power. Failing to control these mages, the world governments pretty much just gave up on trying to control them and just let the do their own things. After a number of years the first generation of mages was now grown up and began to scientifically and methodically record the limitations of magic, creating a list of facts similar to the one seen below:

• All mages are absolutely equal in power, and no mage is above another.
  • Magic cannot affect time in any way, lacking the abilities to stop, rewind, slow down, view the future, or manipulate the flow of time in anyway.
  • Magically summoned food has no taste or nutritional value.
  • Magic cannot affect the human body or soul, nor affect the thought processes of the human mind or heart. ( i.e. no mind or emotion manipulation.)
  • Magic cannot affect how the human body functions (I.e. accelerate cellular regeneration, or the likes.) [transcribers note: AKA even if your a mage, if you get shot your @#$%&^ but if your a mage, the bullet would never have reached you to begin with]
  • A mages reactions time is impossibly quick and is currently immeasurable
  • Plants with magically accelerated growth rates, loose any unique properties they may have had, i.e. tobacco would loose the addictiveness, also the harmful properties of it, but also the stuff that makes people enjoy it, or as a better example, a magically grown strawberry would be tasteless and not have any nutritional value.
  • Magic cannot affect ones skills. IT.E. even though you can still gather all of the ingredients, you can't magically be able to make your self cook. Or sing/play an interment, or wield a sword etc.
  • Magic cannot affect gravity in anyway.
  • While magic cannot affect the bodily functions, or the mind/heart of a human, it can affect ones appearance, such as magically giving one cat or dog ears, or wings or other appendages. (naturally performing such operations without permission from the receiving party is considered taboo and is frowned upon. Also please note, that even though they look different, their functionality is still the same. I.e cat ears only hear as well as the original human ears did, its just an appearance thing.)
  • Magic is a dominate gene, so there are now more mages than there are regular humans.

This list was widely accepted as complete, but is still being added to slowly over time. However with this list done, the mages realized something, they didn't have anything to do... And so without anything that could maintain their interests, they turned their attention to the regular humans and began to shower them with affection and trying to curry favor with them, because this was the one thing they lacked: Companionship. Sure they could have gone after other mages, but for some reason they were drawn to the humans, even becoming violent towards other mages who showers interest in their favored humans, but naturally because both opposing sides where mages, the conflicts ended in a draw, so the mages realized they would need to find other ways to impress the humans.Time passed, and more and more generations where born, and regular humans because even rarer.

The rp will follow the 7th generation after mages were born, and initially take place in a booster middle school (a school where graduating students are expected to go to the corresponding high school) and be an open rp where anyone could join and participate, and in this time, they would be building childhood friendships, and making relationships with the other RPers characters, then in about a month (irk time, so like the start of march), the RPer's characters would graduate from middle school, and go onto high school, right about the age where people truly begin desiring the opposite gender, and that's when the yandere relationships would truly begin to develop. Also at this time, the RP would become closed, and no new members would be allowed to joint, hopefully keeping at least a semi-consistent player base. This would also allow for anyone who dropped the RP to be cut out of the story.

Of course the time line is tentative and will likely change, but that's what I'm thinking. Of course that's all going to be based on this interest check, so I'm hopping to at least get say 10 people to say their interested before I actually create the rpm. Also, even though I showed in the thing above that I see the mages being the yandere, I am open to regular thinking mages and yandere humans, but I'm still going to have the mages vastly outnumber the humans. So that's the general concept, I am open to thoughts, questions, comments, concerns or threats so ya... I would over to hear what you people think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back