The Maidens before the gods took Yu Shan

Just because the Incarna were based on the Blessed Isle doesn't mean they didn't have access to Heaven.  I think that they bilocated at both, managing the gods in Yu-Shan while dealing with Creation from the Blessed Isle.  That would be the only way the Maidens could affect the Loom of Fate.

It's just good sense. They stayed in Meru and Imperial Mountain while bi-or even trilocating to Heaven and the natural sky.

I believe that the Sidereal’s book states that the stars in the sky acted as kind of a status display for the Loom of Fate, and was used by the Maidens to perform their tasks during the time that they lived on the Blessed Isle.

I think they're supposed to be the representations of the 'soul' of every single God. It's a part of them if I remember right.

That's right.  Every star is connected to the life of a god.  The more powerful the god, the larger and brighter the star.  When a god dies, his star falls to Creation as starmetal.

alohahaha said:
When a god dies, his star falls to Creation as starmetal.
So it's not a Sidereal frame-up anymore? Or does that still happen too?

-S

... As I recall, Siddie frame-up wasn't the only reason Gods died (thus falling to Creation as Starmetal). But it was *one* of them. And one they put to good use.

Hey...he said he was sick, and I guess we just didn't believe him.  On the other hand, did you check out this really cool three-ring staff he got made into?  Hot Damn it's cooler than he ever was in life...

I still haven’t picked up the story teller’s book yet, but the 2nd ed. core book states specifically on page 332 that the Loom of Fate can be seen in the stars of Creation, and that the stars are a reflection of the Loom.

So…how to reconcile that and the stars and being connected to the lives of the gods?

Must get sleep and sobriety first…

Easy.  I actually think that the stars represent the lives of all things in Creation, gods, mortals and Exalted both.  That's why thaumaturges can make astrological predictions - they see a person's star and their relation to it in regards to the constellation and then make a prediction.  They can do this because imagine that the Loom of Fate and the stars work this way - the Bureaucracy of Destiny inputs the destiny of a life in the Loom of Fate and the stars display this movement in Creation.  The Loom of Fate is sort of the input for destiny and stars are the display for it.

alohahaha said:
Easy.  I actually think that the stars represent the lives of all things in Creation, gods, mortals and Exalted both.  That's why thaumaturges can make astrological predictions - they see a person's star and their relation to it in regards to the constellation and then make a prediction.  They can do this because imagine that the Loom of Fate and the stars work this way - the Bureaucracy of Destiny inputs the destiny of a life in the Loom of Fate and the stars display this movement in Creation.  The Loom of Fate is sort of the input for destiny and stars are the display for it.
Exactly! This is actually confirmed in the Autoconian book, at the end of one of the quests. It turns out (spoiler alert!) that the stars are not only a display of the Loom of Fate, but actually a giant Well of Souls, from which Autochan uses to replenish his depleted supply of souls and, thus, awaken. Once he's aligned with the Well of Souls, the Loom of Fate begins unraveling, correcting any, and all of the Sidereals' fate tampering. When this happens, literally thousands of stars vanish from the sky, as the Loom corrects itself and Autochan sucks up the souls. Mortals and gods alike simply cease to exist, as the pattern spiders take a break from their tireless work and rejoice at the Great Maker's return.

Sadly, this is the weak link for support of the Steam Faction.

Autocthon needs more batteries...

This is how life is supposed to work. Get a good night’s sleep and the problem has been taken care of. Ok, maybe not, but alohahaha has nonetheless hit the nail on the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back