• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Magicians of Oxford Street

Thanks for letting us know, SkyGinge. Hmm. You're all making me consider taking a vacation next week, too! But alas, I'll be a-working'. Bringing home the bacon and all that jazz. :)

Since you're both leaving so soon, would either of you mind if we gave @King Misanthrope until you've both returned to get his character up? That should be plenty of time so he'll be able to work on it at his leisure. Also, now that I think about it, starting up right before you both leave might make for an awkward break in the momentum of the RP.

Does that sound okay to everyone? So, King Misanthrope, you have basically until August now to get a CS up! In the meantime, the rest of us will carry on with our other RPs. But if anyone has ideas for your character or the general world in which our story takes place, let me know! I'll be around to check in on any OOC chatter. :)

I should also really dust off the Locations/Settings and Lore tabs. So everyone's breaks will give me time to polish up the other areas of the roleplay. Win-win-win-win.

Well, I should be able to post just fine and would rather get this started as soon as possible really, but it's up to you. I just feel like leaving it even further will make me lose touch with my character

Pluvious said:
Nah, I don't think it'll affect us much. The 29th is only a week away. I don't anticipate we'll get very far by that time. We can always try to artfully create a reason to excuse your character for a short time while you're away (something like giving Maxwell a task like collecting something from Bannon's mentor in Scotland. We'll have to see what makes sense). Or we could, of course, all take a little break while you're away. Not to worry. We'll all figure something out.
Okay then, the task as an excuse thing will work great, in my opinion! I don't think that everyone should actually stop posting while I'm gone, though, since that'd simply be unfair towards everyone here! If you keep posting (which I highly recommend and encourage), I'll either ask for a summary if there are many unread of me pages, or will read them all and pretend that Max didn't know what happened while he was doing what he was supposed to be doing (he couldn't really know, though). So, posting while I'm absent is totally fine by me! (^w^)

SkyGinge said:
I'm still here and looking forward to starting! I'll be on holiday come Friday but I should have Internet :)
May we hype together? xD I am also excited about this RP and I'm really glad you'll have an internet connection! I hope you have a wonderful vacation~

Pluvious said:
Thanks for letting us know, SkyGinge. Hmm. You're all making me consider taking a vacation next week, too! But alas, I'll be a-working'. Bringing home the bacon and all that jazz. :)
Since you're both leaving so soon, would either of you mind if we gave @King Misanthrope until you've both returned to get his character up? That should be plenty of time so he'll be able to work on it at his leisure. Also, now that I think about it, starting up right before you both leave might make for an awkward break in the momentum of the RP.

Does that sound okay to everyone? So, King Misanthrope, you have basically until August now to get a CS up! In the meantime, the rest of us will carry on with our other RPs. But if anyone has ideas for your character or the general world in which our story takes place, let me know! I'll be around to check in on any OOC chatter. :)
*does not wish to delete three minutes worth of writing (again) and leaves it as it is* I'm totally fine with King Misanthrope having such an amount of time for a character sheet! As you mentioned, it will be sort of awkward for us to start right before being absent for the holidays! Also, I'm sorry to read that you'll be working (still) next week - makes you wish for the old school days... *sighs* I'm getting old...

I don't have any new ideas as of now for the RP, thus I shall stay silent. And I don't recommend anyone to write while being in an unhealthy state of too much partying, sleepiness and laziness. From personal experience.

I do agree with SkyGinge about the lost bond between creator and character with too much inactivity - I even forgot my character's name, to be honest xD I haven't mentioned him in a while, so... Yeah. I think you guys really might want to start as soon as physically possible, at least for the interest to be kept~

Fair enough. I certainly know what forgetting who your character is after too long a break between the CS and the RP.

Okay, I revert back to my original request: @King Misanthrope, it would be awesome if you got your CS up by Saturday. Sorry for the confusion! If you can't, that's fine, but I'll be starting the RP.

I won't change my mind again. Promise!

All right, folks. As promised, today we begin! The first post is up - woot! I haven't been as diligent about sprucing up the other tabs in this RP - sorry! - but I will be doing much more of that throughout the week. In the Settings/Locations tab you'll find a slightly beefed up description of the only location I've so far documented, The Glasshouse.

Also, I've edited Bannon's CS so that his specialty now states Wandwork. I may have edited another tidbit or two, but as I can't remember which ones, they must not have been that important. :P

Lastly, Bannon is only expecting @SkyGinge 's character and @WeabooTrash 's character. @King Misanthrope, I'm leaving your character out for the moment. I think it would be excellent to see your character join the group later as an associate rather than an apprentice (which I believe is what we've already discussed).

That's all for now!

Cool! I will see to post either tomorrow or Monday as I am currently trying to sort out some stuff for my own RP :)

Oh yeah, I discovered a few days ago that I also won't have internet next week, starting from this Saturday until next Saturday. I might have the odd patch, but I will have to focus on my own RP during what little internet I have; after that I'll be back home and very free all the time, able to post a lot
:)

I will totally post tomorrow by this time! Right now I'm a bit lazy and in a short-post type of mood, soooo... Yeah! Also, what should our intro posts include? Just how the apprentices arrive or what they do before that and arrive?

@Annabella and @sarahbella Obviously I am not our gracious host herself, Pluvious, but said host has already turned people away as she already had met the maximum amount of people she wanted participating

Thanks, SkyGinge for the update. Take care of your other role plays first. We roll at a slow pace here. (B')

Weaboo, feel free to create any sort of introduction you'd like. I'm not looking for anything specific, so long as your character is included. Have him make a good impression, or a bad one if that's your preference. You can begin your post with a slight flashback to when your character found out he'd been accepted under Bannon's apprenticeship. Or you can start just before your character enters the shop. It's totally your call. Have fun with it!

@Annabella and @sarahbella, thank you both for your interest (at least, I assumed from SkyGinge's post you were interested in joining - I don't see your original posts). I'm afraid we are at capacity, and there is one person on the wait list. But if I decide to open up more spots in the RP, I'll be sure to let you know!

Pluvious said:
Thanks, SkyGinge for the update. Take care of your other role plays first. We roll at a slow pace here. (B')
Weaboo, feel free to create any sort of introduction you'd like. I'm not looking for anything specific, so long as your character is included. Have him make a good impression, or a bad one if that's your preference. You can begin your post with a slight flashback to when your character found out he'd been accepted under Bannon's apprenticeship. Or you can start just before your character enters the shop. It's totally your call. Have fun with it!

@Annabella and @sarahbella, thank you both for your interest (at least, I assumed from SkyGinge's post you were interested in joining - I don't see your original posts). I'm afraid we are at capacity, and there is one person on the wait list. But if I decide to open up more spots in the RP, I'll be sure to let you know!
---

Thank you, I will be awaiting for a spot. This seems like an amazing RP.

Greetings! I must say, that's a fantastic first post right there! I've just come to write up my first post, but I find myself with a question. Bannon has said he is anticipating the arrival of 'an astute young women', but Harriet has been his assistant for like a few years anyway. So are you playing it as if he hasn't realised it's her? Or did you just forget?

Nope, totally an oversight on my part. I forgot about our characters' established relationships. My bad! I'll edit that bit later today, and write in an opening to include Harriet's presence. Sorry, SkyGinge! That must've been a confusing read.

So, as it stands, Bannon is only expecting Maxwell. I still haven't heard from @King Misanthrope so I'm not sure at this point if his character is on the way. If not, I'll allow another character to join us, maybe as a second apprentice. But I'd really, really like for the con artist magician to be part of this RP. And the best part is that character can enter at any time. So, King, if you're still with us, then wonderful! But if you think you need to leave, that would be understandable. Sad, but I get it. If it's the latter, please let me know as soon as possible so I can let someone else join. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, she still submitted an application, but it's up to you whether he's seen it and gone 'by Jove, that's my assistant! She's not good enough', or whatever his reaction is :)

Oh my goodness. Thank you for jogging my memory. That's embarrassing. Right, right. I'm with you now. You know, since Bannon's an unorthodox employer, if Harriet managed to submit an application, sent from another address, with no name, well, that would've probably piqued his interest. I'm not totally convinced he'd know it was her. And I'd love to see her waltz throughl the door like it's the first time they've ever met. That could be really fun...

Of course, he'd know it was her the moment he sees her. Until then, let's just say he has no idea his assistant is trying to get a promotion. ;)

Well, she knows she's applying to him; but it doesn't have to be the same the other way round! Anyhow, I'll be making a post at some point to day, cheers!

And somehow, I completely forgot I was meant to be posting! :P So rest assured, I'll get to it first thing tomorrow!

"Toodle-pip!" Hahaha! Classic. That was fun, SkyGinge!

Anywho, I've been overly dedicated to one RP while I've neglected all of my others, this one included. Sorry, guys! I haven't gotten around to edits yet, but they're on my to-do list (though not at the top, unfortunately).

And next week will be a rough one for me, just so you all know. Work will be crazy hectic and I'll be exhausted every day. So, chances are that my writing will slow down considerably. I'll still be here though, but may not get an IC post up until the end of the week.

Cheers!

Hey @SkyGinge, I haven't forgotten about you! I was wondering if maybe @WeabooTrash was going to get a post up before he went on vacation. I believe now he's away so won't be able to respond until late next week. I think, as we cannot progress much further without him, that maybe we wait until you're both back from vacation to continue. :)

Hope you're both having a nice time!

Hello! I've found that actually I do have internet this week, but at the moment my head is not very good and I'm really not in a state where I can write quality posts, sadly :( But anyhow, I'm happy waiting for Weaboo to return; that way he won't get left behind! :)

Hey folks. Gosh, sorry to keep dragging this on! (And doubly sorry for not yet applying any of the edits I had promised before). I wanted to let you all know I'll be out of town until Monday. I'll have access to internet, but I may not have time to actually post while I'm away. I haven't forgotten about you guys!

I haven't forgotten about you guys either, yo~ I may post some time soon (but not today for sure as I'm sort of tired from travelling around like a hobo on a plane), so for now I'm just checking my notifications and replying OOC for the time being. Hope you guys are having a wonderful time as well!

Hey guys, I don't know how to explain this or apologize more profusely, but I'm going to have to pause this RP indefinitely. I know we've only just begun, but due to some sudden and deeply tragic events in real life, I now only have energy for one roleplay (not this one, sadly). Roleplaying is a nice distraction, but I'm not in the mindset to be focusing on more than one right now. I'm so so sorry for having strung this out for so long. It pains me so much to stop before we've even begun.

That isn't to say I've lost interest in the idea. I still love it dearly and would one day happily revisit it. I can't say for certain when that day might be, but I'll be sure to let both of you know about its resurrection when it happens (assuming you're still around and interested, too).

I do hope I see you guys around the site. You've been absolute troopers and just awesome in general. For now, best to you both!

Regards,

Pluvious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back