• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Magicians of Oxford Street

Oh my gosh, I should have had my character up, like, yesterday. Sorry, life has just gotten rather hectic. I'll try to do some proper responses soon and hopefully have a cs up. Sorry, again.

Are you still accepting characters?

I haven't been able to look through everything because I'm at work, but I plan to read through it all on my break. But, I just wanted to see if their was a position available because from what I have read this sounds very interesting

@Little Lozy : Sorry to inform you, but the creator of this RP only wanted a maximum of four players total and we have already reached that amount. Sorry to disappoint, but happy RPing elsewhere!

@Pluvious

Well if you ever find yourself needing a spare character I have a CS typed up (haha, I got excited that I already had one typed up before I ever read SkyGinge's reply). I may end up following this role play just for story, it sounds really fantastic with great attention to detail.

@Little Lozy

Thank you! I'm tickled pink by your enthusiasm. Yes, please feel free to follow along! In the meantime, go ahead and PM me your CS. If there's room for your character down the line, I'll be sure to let you know!

Ah, reading about characters reminds me - I was waiting for your PM before editing the character sheet, since I still had questions:

1) Should the learning of magic be a part of one‘s graduate/undergraduate degree, or his secondary education?

And 2) Were there scholarships for university/college students back in the Edwardian era?

I just feel the need to be ensured about these concerns of mine, before changing it up a notch! (':3)

Pluvious said:
Sorry, Weaboo! I did see your message. I'll reply right away!
Ah, don't worry about it! I just wanted to make sure you'd think about my questions and know the reason as to why I have still not edited my character sheet~ I'll wait patiently, so don't rush things too much, okay? (o'v'o)

I'm looking forward to this starting! Just to inform you guys though, I'm going to be away from this Saturday until the following Saturday, and I seriously doubt if I'm going to have any time to post. So if things start then I may have to catch up afterwards. Cheers!

Thanks, SkyGinge! Since we're still waiting on a CS from King Misanthrope, we won't be starting just yet. If we get started while you're away, I'll make sure we don't progress much during that time. Maybe a post each.

I shouldn't even be saying anything before I know that I can or can't for a fact, but I'm going to tryyyyyyy to work on my cs tomorrow. I cannot apologize enough for the delay. (/□\*)・゜

Don't push yourself too hard, @King Misanthrope! We'll patiently wait for your character sheet~ Plus, it'd be good to finish it before SkyGinge's arrival, so you basically have one more week to complete it! (And I'm sure it won't take more than 3-4 days if you spend 30 minutes or an hour each day for it (well, except if you're a slow/detailed writer or have writer's block, let's hope you don't have that little problematic thing).)

P.S.: Have a kaomoji reply to cheer you up~ (≧∇≦)b

P.S.S.: The symbols are so hard to find for these types of mojis... (,,•﹏•,,)

@King Misanthrope

Yup! What Weaboo said. I'm not in any hurry. Thanks so far for keeping us updated and checking in every once in a while!

On another note, I was trying to brainstorm other magical specialties that could exist within this world. As the system of magic is largely word-sound based, I was wondering if there could be some sort of musically-based branch of magic. It doesn't seem too far off from the Lexical magic I've already described earlier. And it fits the level of whimsy I'm going for. So, what do you guys think? Yea or nay?

And if you guys have any other ideas as far as specialties go, I'd love to hear them!

I really like the idea of having music-based magic! That would make things with quite the interesting variety of magic~ You have a Yea from me.

I had some pretty basic ideas of magic branches as well - for example, some sort of parody to the wand-work where spells would be cast through the tips of a wizard's fingers by, let's say, special gloves or something of the sort. Well, having wand-work, I think it may sort of be unreasonable to have just another version of those types of spells, but why not? It would still need a different approach to cast such magic - like using specific gestures and signs for a spell cast with such a type of wizardry. What do you think about that? (°w°)

I love the idea of using gesture as a form of magic! So long as we're staying in the quirky realm and not veering off into silly, then I don't see why gesticulative magic can't also be part of this world. Perhaps this could be a newer form of magic that's slowly replacing traditional wand magic?

Pluvious said:
I love the idea of using gesture as a form of magic! So long as we're staying in the quirky realm and not veering off into silly, then I don't see why gesticulative magic can't also be part of this world. Perhaps this could be a newer form of magic that's slowly replacing traditional wand magic?
You really do? (Yaaas, I finally gave a good idea somewhere~) Imagine gesticulative magic as something modern and bada- I mean cool at that time, it certainly wouldn't look that silly! R-right? Well, now we shall also consider the use of gloves for such procedures, huh~

Yup! I really do like the idea, Weaboo. Gloves borders on silly to me, though, so maybe we walk away from those. But on the whole, gesticulative magic could prove to be a kind of neat obstacle - old magic versus new, etc. We'll see!

Also, I am still 100% committed to this RP. Once we get King Misanthrope's character, we'll be set to start!

*cringes* That last post was from Friday... If you guys want, you can go ahead and start the role play. I'll try to finish my character soon, but who knows what the actually entails. I'd be able to catch up to you guys, pinky promise. ;w;

Hey! It's great to hear from you! I don't want to move on without your character, but I also can't keep Weaboo and SkyGinge waiting indefinitely. So how about we hold off until Saturday. By then I'm afraid I'll have to start the RP.

Hope that sounds all right! You were one of the first to show interest in this story, and you've contributed some wonderful ideas. I'd love to see those ideas come to life now. But take care of yourself. If life cuts down your RP time, no worries. Just keep us updated!

Oh, I'd like to mention an important thing! First of all, welcome back King Misanthrope! We missed you~ (Or at least I did!) And second of all, I will have to be inactive from the 29th of July to maybe a week or so after that date (because yay for vacations and boo for lack of WiFi~). I hope that wouldn't be a problem, though.

Pluvious said:
No worries, Weaboo! Enjoy your vacation and thanks for letting us know!
Thank you! And it's natural to notify you guys of such loooong inactivity! That absence won't interfere the storyline and events and so on in this roleplay, right? (Also, I ironically forget my characters' names! Why am I 'blessed' with such bad memory?!)

Nah, I don't think it'll affect us much. The 29th is only a week away. I don't anticipate we'll get very far by that time. We can always try to artfully create a reason to excuse your character for a short time while you're away (something like giving Maxwell a task like collecting something from Bannon's mentor in Scotland. We'll have to see what makes sense). Or we could, of course, all take a little break while you're away. Not to worry. We'll all figure something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back