• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ✩ The Lost Heir ✩

vada

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
[ Closed RP between vada vada & JyoMonty JyoMonty ]

༻❁༺
e182e1c9a5844779a8b4f3963403af5d.jpg
name: Princess Isadora
alias: Thalia
hair: long, wavy hair the color of midnight
eyes: deep, piercing blue eyes

persona:
infj + aries + lawful good
compassionate + determined + intelligent + brave + empathetic + principled + resilient + charitable

history:
Princess Isadora was born into the royal family of the kingdom of Veoryn, a realm known for its prosperity and beauty. She was the only child of King Alaric and Queen Elowen, and from a young age, she showed a keen intellect and a strong sense of compassion. Isadora was beloved by the people of Veoryn, who admired her kindness and humility.

As she grew older, Isadora received an education befitting her royal status. She studied history, literature, and the arts, but she also took an interest in matters of statecraft and diplomacy. She was often seen accompanying her father to meetings with foreign dignitaries, where she displayed a remarkable talent for negotiation and diplomacy.

Despite her royal status, Isadora was known for her down-to-earth nature. She often visited the villages and towns of Veoryn, mingling with the common folk and learning about their lives. She was particularly interested in the welfare of the kingdom's children, and she would often spend hours playing with them and listening to their stories.

Isadora's life took a turn when the neighboring kingdom of Darkhaven - of whom her father had declined a proposal for marriage - launched a surprise attack on Veoryn. In the chaos, her mother sent her into hiding. She was taken in by a group of loyalists who helped her escape to safety. King Alaric and Queen Elowen were believed to be killed.

Now, years later, Isadora has decided it is time to return home. She knows that if she is to reclaim her rightful place as princess, she must do so carefully and with the help of allies she can trust.
༻❁༺​
The inn's hearth crackled and popped, casting a warm glow over the common room. Princess Isadora, now known as Thalia, the innkeeper of The Elven Kiss, moved gracefully among the tables, attending to her patrons with a smile and a kind word. She had long ago traded her royal gowns for simple, yet elegant, attire befitting her new role, hiding in plain sight.

As she refilled a patron's tankard, Thalia overheard two men speaking in hushed tones at a nearby table. She paused, her heart quickening as their words reached her ears.

"I'm telling you, something's not right with Queen Isadora," one man muttered, his brow furrowed with concern.

"You mean besides the fact that she's not the real queen?" the other man muttered, his voice tinged with conspiracy as he let slip the rumor of an imposter.

The first man nodded. "Aye, besides that. Taxes are higher than ever. I'm struggling to make ends meet here. The wife and I are talkin' about packing up.. leaving Veoryn for good."

The second man shook his head, sighing heavily as he took a swig of his ale. "I always thought Queen Elowen and King Alaric were fair and just. Their daughter seemed to be growing up the same way. You're right.. something has changed. We all might be in for some serious trouble."

Thalia's heart sank as she turned away from their conversation, making her way back to the bar. She knew all too well the truth behind the rumors of the imposter queen. It was she who was meant to be ruling Veoryn, not this usurper who had taken her place. And now, hearing of the suffering her people endured under the false queen's rule only fueled her determination to reclaim her rightful throne.

But for now, she remained silent, her mind racing. She knew she would need allies if she was to succeed in her quest, but beyond that, she didn't know where to start - who she could trust, or how she would succeed if worst came to worst and she had to do this on her own.

Female Thief1.jpg

name: Shinara Wyse
alias: Storming Gale
hair: long white, flowing hair in a ponytail (most of the time)
eyes: curious, observant blue eyes

persona:
estp + libra + neutral good
clever + cheeky + kind + reckless

history:

Young Shinara Wyse was one of three children within the Wyse household - the family known for their humble blacksmith shop. Her father, Gregory Wyse was a hardworking man and did all he could to feed the family. Each day, he forged blade and blade. He bargained with the adventurers and made sure every deal felt fair.
His mother, Nora Wyse, worked at nursery in town. When all the men went to mine the caverns, she kept her mind on the their little ones. That left Brix, Shinara, and Canna fending for themselves at school.

After school, the three siblings roamed the streets of Veoryn to see what adventures awaited them. Could they finally catch the black cat near old man Roy's place?
Could one of them climb to the hidden alcove on the city gate? How fast could they run from Hagris after swiping one of his apples? To Shinara, the days were always full of something new.

Before the sun set, the trio always stopped by father's shop. They would enter through the backdoor and the smell of the hot metal and clanging hammers would wash over Shinara making her grin at the feel of it all. It was truly second home. Many warriors and adventurers came through the shop, and it always made her want to venture out and find out what the world had to offer. She vowed when they make it big, she'd venture beyond the walls of Veoryn. Of course, that day never came since the Wyse family only had enough to live day by day.

Years later, with a sharp increase in sales tax, the rumors regarding the King and Queens misuse of funds caused less and less traffic to come through the shop. Many nearby shops had to close down and it felt like Gregory's shop wouldn't be too far behind.

One day, while Shinara was helping sweep in the shop, a hooded man entered and placed a hefty bag on the table. The loud thud it made caused her head to spin.
To add to her surprise, he dumped the entire bag on the counter revealing several weapons made of pure gold. He then walked out without saying a word. Stunned, Gregory just looked at man leave and then back at the items. Shinara, on the other hand, ran after the man.

Once out the door, she spotted him a few feet down the street walking slowly. She dashed, came within inches of him and grabbed his cloak. The man looked down.
"Why such generosity, sir? That easily was worth several years wages back there." She asked.

He replied, "Your father forged a blade that saved my life. I felt it right to give something more for his service."

"That's kind of you, but where did you find such expensive items?"

With a smile, he simply stated,
"Let's just say it was quite the adventure."

She replied back with a smile.
"Well, I know all about those. Mind if I join sometime?"

It didn't happen automatically, but with some more pleading, the hooded man eventually gave in and discussed his occupation: the honest thief. His name was Zephyr.

Over time, Zephyr taught her in secret the art of thievery. On days after school, she would sneak away from her siblings and go on runs with him donning her black mask and cloak. Some days he would teach her basic combat training while on others they would run cons on the noblemen (he would distract the mark while she would do the actual theft). And, occasionally, they would steal items from tax collectors and shady businessmen without any pretense, day or night.

Any items she stole, Zephyr traded it for money in neighboring towns. With her cut, she would place some money within the Blacksmith treasury and give the rest to the poor locals. Eventually, Shinara did the trading on her own. Always keeping her face and identity hidden during exchanges. Even after she graduated, she did solo runs and gained notoriety amongst the people.

Over time, she gained a reputation within Veoryn as the Storming Gale. Her appearance in the kingdom comes with mixed reviews.
Some consider her the young hero the poor needs. Others consider her a rife pain.

Nevertheless, despite the good she was doing for her father and the poor, she knew changes needed to be made in the kingdom.
Civil unrest was high as more and more accusations against the King and Queen emerged. Noblemen who feared for their lives left. And it became more and more dangerous just to roam the streets. Shinara knew her occupation itself wouldn't last long.

~~~~~~

With news of the King and Queen's death, the princess was now the reigning rule. Shinara crossed her fingers that it meant a change for the better. And it did on the surface. Noblemen came back and the poor were given better shelter. However, word through the black market was that the goods from a neighboring kingdom were increasing at an alarming rate while Veoryn's goods seemed to plummet. This appalled Shinara for several reasons: Her people had enough to worry about. And the only thieves this kingdom needed was her.

Zephyr also had news of his own. There may be proof the King and Queen still lives.
And all the rumors that were circulating around the monarchs may be planted information.
Now, the Storming Gale sets out to see if she can steal back what was rightly Veoryn.
Both the monarchs and the goods.
༻❁༺

Shinara nursed a drink as she sat at the bar. She took a quick inventory of the place and could see a few familiar faces. Mostly adventurers that came by the blacksmith shop over the years. A smile crept across her face as she realized The Elven Kiss homed some of her own favorite patrons. It was a good sign. Though taxes were still high, these men still wanted to spend money. And the longer they stayed, the more likely they'll need more weapons and accessories. Her father's business should stay afloat for a little while. However, the increasing taxes have caused more middle- and lower-class citizens to flee.

But there was one silver lining in this for her people. The more adventurers there were, the more the nobles tend to stick around. Bodyguards and mercenaries were high tier occupations that the nobles were practically giving away these days. In turn, this gave her the opportunity to loosen their pockets further. Help spread the wealth to ones who truly need it in the poorer sectors of Veoryn.

She needed just a bit more money too. Zephyr, her all-knowing (according to him) mentor, stated we should be able to supply the final funds for the orphanage. 300 more silver coins. That's easily two more or so artifacts to swipe. Good thing some-

She felt something sharp prod her back.

"So, you're who they call The Storming Gale." A calm female voice whispered.

She started to turn her head, but the sharp prod pressed further making her wince. The palm of a hand touched her shoulder and the other hand grazing her lower back.
The prodding must be a hidden blade in that other arm's sleeve. Winds, she was good.

"Don't bother looking. Unless you like the thought of bleeding all over this nice bar."

Shinara imagined the woman didn't want to make a scene and neither did she. This place didn't need that kind of disturbance. Shinara smiled and said aloud. "Martha, fancy meeting you here. Is your son well?"

The woman squeezed Shinara's shoulder a bit. "Yes, quite well indeed. My darling Peter is watching him upstairs. They can't wait to see you!"

"Really? Guess we can't keep them waiting."

With that, Shinara slowly stood up and headed towards the stairs with her new friend walking close behind. Out of the mirror near one of the walls, Shinara could see the woman was older. Possibly in her 30s. Short brown hair and sharp brown eyes.

They were about to pass a waitress. Wait, wasn't that the innkeeper, Thalia? Shinara could tell based on the several times she's come by this place. If that's the case, a small plan formed in her mind. She was glad to still have her calling cards on her. When they brushed passed Thalia, Shinara slipped a paper into her apron and said, "That's a small tip for the drink earlier. You run one heck of an inn!"

And with that, the duo was headed up the stairs. The paper she gave Thalia states that the Storming Gale was about to steal (or already stole) something valuable. She only used them when she really wanted to stick it to a nobleman or two. In this case, what she really hoped was that Thalia would investigate to cause a much-needed distraction for her to escape.

Last edited:
Thalia glanced down at the paper slipped into her apron, her curiosity piqued. She waited until Shinara and her companion were out of sight before discreetly unfolding the note. Her heart skipped a beat as she read the words written on it.

"The Storming Gale was about to steal (or already stole) something valuable."

Thalia knew of The Storming Gale, a notorious thief rumored to have pulled off some of the most daring heists in Veoryn's recent history. If she was here, it could only mean trouble. Trouble she didn't need.

Thalia followed the pair upstairs, her footsteps silent on the wooden stairs. She reached the top just in time to see them enter a room at the end of the hall. Thalia crept closer, her hand gripping the hilt of her dagger, hidden at her lower back.

Peering through the slightly open door, Thalia saw the one who had slipped her the note, standing in the center of the room, facing the other woman. The woman had a hand resting on her shoulder, and Thalia could see a glint of metal from the hidden blade in her sleeve.

She had to act fast. With a deep breath, Thalia pushed open the door and stepped into the room, her dagger still hidden.

"Oh! Pardon the intrusion," she said, feigning surprise at the sight of the two. "I didn't know anyone was in here.. I need to collect the linens for the washing. Sorry dearies.."

Shinara and the woman entered the room. The room was a fairly clean with a bed directly across from them against the wall and a desk to their right. The woman gave the door a light kick, causing it to move but left ajar by several inches. Shinara smirked at that. So, the woman either didn't care for privacy in this instance or just incompetent. Either way, sloppy move on her part.

The woman turned Shinara around to face her, placing the bladed hand on Shinara's shoulder and very close to her neck. Shinara was also facing the door. "You have upset many people, Gale. I'm sure you're surprised I was able to find you ever so easily."

Shinara shrugged. "Not really. I'm sure half the nobles alive want my neck at this point. It's purely a numbers game."

The woman scowled. "Well, your number's up."

"You're right! I turn 24 this week."

The woman paused. "What?"

"Well, an old geezer like yourself still celebrate birthdays, right? Speaking of...you never gave me your name."

The woman scowled. "I'm not old, you insolent child! And who I am is none of your concern."

"Okay, old geezer it is."

"Why you! I -"

The door creaked open and entered the one Shinara was hoping would show, Thalia. The geezer turned around in surprise. Shinara just looked at Thalia but was mentally shaking her head at the geezer. Any good thief knew that one should always be aware of their surroundings.

"Oh! Pardon the intrusion," Thalia said, feigning surprise at the sight of the two. "I didn't know anyone was in here.. I need to collect the linens for the washing. Sorry dearies.."

Shinara smiled. "No worries, dear." She swooped low to the ground and sweep kicked the geezer. As she fell, her blade slipped in the air. Shinara caught the hilt, blade glowing below her fist, and pressed it close to the geezer's neck. "Mind washing this one too? She's a bit too rusty." Shinara gave Thalia a wink.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back