• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Long Break (tm) Comes to an End

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
HellooOOooo~

So it's been a while since I disappeared (without letting any of my partners or ongoing RPs know...yipes...), on account of discovering a rather serious medical issue. The last few months have been replete with surgeries, therapy, and just, like, the BEST drugs. Great drugs. Nobody's got drugs like me. Anyway, I've finally recovered enough to not be sleeping 15 hours a day and zonked out the other 9, so I thought I'd get back into my favorite pasttime! I'm a tad rusty, but I've got a couple of good, classic, easy-to-write-for RP plots that I'm gonna tack on at the end. If they interest you, or you have ideas of your own, lemme know! I'm open to just about anything.

I prefer to roleplay fantasy and sci-fi genres, though I'll do a bit of anything except fandoms. Maybe somethin' Harry Potter, LotR, or Skyrim since I'm intimately familiar with those settings, but I'd have to be heavily enticed if you wanted me to play a canon character. If you have something you wanna do, lemme know! 

I can play male or female characters with equal ease, and have no preference either way. Perhaps just by the numbers, I end up playing males more.

I like mature themes, so if you like things to be PG-13 I'm probably not the partner for you. Blood n' gore, violence, sex, drugs, and taboo subjects will probably make an appearance in just about anything I write.

I tend to be pretty verbose, though I won't expect you to have to match me in volume - only in skill. I just like to fluff out each response with whatever tidbits about the world or immediate setting that come to mind. I feel it brings the RP to life, having an accumulation of factoids about it. If you feel like throwing in some detail you think is neat, please do! No need to clear it with me - I'll work around it. It makes the RP more fun!

The Gift: Caraddis is a land fixated on magic. The upper echelons of society established themselves long ago as families with a tendency toward producing powerful mages, and today the aristocracy enjoys wealth and power in plenty. Noble families further solidify their position in life by accumulating artifacts of immense value and strength. One such device is a Siphon, though to many "it" would be a "who". Siphons are unfortunates turned into tools, essentially magical eunuchs. A dangerous and delicate procedure is performed to remove a Siphons ability to shield their own magic, making it possible for any mage to access it. Mages use Siphons to expand their own pool of power, as well as to shield themselves from burning out. A Siphon, while capable of casting for themselves, is always at the whim of any magic user nearby. Even the weakest whole mage can sever a Siphons spells, redirect them, or force the Siphon to draw magic for their own use. Character A is a noble recently graduated from the highest degree of magical education Caraddis has to offer. As per tradition, A expects to receive a Siphon as a gift. Being from a particularly well-connected and wealthy family, even for a noble, A expects one of high quality. Perhaps a fey, known for their delicate constitution and vast reserves of magic. Or a faun, as difficult to capture as they were to civilize. Or, rarest of all, a human mage, often captured and brought from distant, exotic lands. Character B is the Siphon being presented, stripped of control of their power and rendered next to helpless in the presence of other spellcasters.

(I have a character sort of written for A, so that's the role I'd like to play in this particular plot if you pick it!)

After the End: Mirage is a beautiful city in a decayed world. Climate change brought famine, which brought panic, which brought war. Now, the ravaged earth is studded with only a few bastions of human knowledge. Mirage is one such place, a city aptly-named as its poreshield shimmers and distorts the air around it while filtering out dust, disease, and radiation. The city inside is a wonderland, full of winding park paths, fountains, and terraces of wheat and rice gently rustling in the breeze. Sentries, both human and robot, protect the one entrance into the city from raiders and deadly animals. It's too bad you're on the wrong side of the wall. Surround Mirage are the Circles, rings of ruins crawling with all sorts of undesirables. Whether too poor to buy passes into the city, or too sick to get clearance, these unfortunates eke out a miserable living in the hot sands. Out here, power changes hands daily, and only the most ruthless criminals, mob bosses, and madmen manage to hold on to it for long. Character A crossed one such pauper king, and is on the lam. Character B, in a fit of what must be insanity, decides to help upon finding A left for dead. No good deed goes unpunished, and now B is presumed to be helping A. The two are forced to work together for their own survival, and perhaps even for something better.

I really like your ideas and would love to RP either one out with you if you're still looking for someone. Just let me know:)

Hi, I'm a bit rusty myself, it's been a while since I've done any RPing. My name is Fay, which is a giant coincidence considering I'm a big fan of being a fey character. I like to think it was coincidental at least. Both plots sound really interesting, and your description of your own style just as much.

I'll be the first to admit I'm very out of practice. Mostly I'm having a little trouble with world building. I'm currently working on writing my own fantasy novel, and that's honestly the thing I'm having trouble with. I'd really like to work on those skills with someone who actually likes to participate. My last few attempts, which were on another site, were very much all one liners that ride out whatever my character is doing. That isn't conducive to improvement, I may as well just be writing alone.

I like fantasy themes a lot, second place is sci fi, but I'm also open to other genres. I prefer to write female characters, but male is an option because practice is great. I can also do different gender roles if a plot calls for it. I'm fully comfortable with most taboo topics, I can't really think of anything that I wouldn't be comfortable with. I try to make at least two paragraph posts even when I'm at a loss, and if I'm struggling I'm definitely probably going to just say so and ask to brainstorm. I'm pretty long winded when I put my mind to it, and I try to flesh out a post.

About me, I actually originally fell out of roleplay due to a frustration with miserable RP partners. My more recent attempt was a similar experience, but I also had some medical issues that took up a lot of my time and energy. And it wasn't super easy to continue when my phone was my only computer and I lost it to a freak tornado. A bit frustrating, and it took a while until a new smartphone was anywhere on the priority list. Handily enough I have one of those AND a fancy cheap laptop. With my new fangled technology I started to get that RP itch again.

I'm really interested in at least giving it a shot, and I fully understand if my quality isn't up to snuff just yet. If you want I can submit a passage application style, as silly as that sounds, of my progressing novel.

Let me know if you're interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back