• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Limelight Kills.

She sighed, "yea everything is okay, just me, and my manger...had a disagreement." She snickered a bit "and yea I'm still upset, but I believe you, and were going to have a week together!" That's all she needed, was a break to get away from it all.

She smiled, and then her manger came out in a rage. She looked at him rasing an eyebrow. "I'm on the phone..." She looked away.

"Get your ass back in the building! We need you to disscus! Your not a damn princess! Stop being sassy and get inside now."

She grimaced "you don't tell me what to do, and I'm not doing the commercial, dammit!" She held her finger up stating ill be there in a minute, and the manger left in an outrage!

"Sorry babe, got to go. Hopefully ill see you tonight. Ill call you back in a bit. Bye sweetheart." She hung up, and went back inside.

Carter nodded a little bit, listening to her. At least she believed him. "No shit? You got it off?" He asked her happily. At least they'd get that week together to fix things.

He raised his eyebrows, listening as Evelyn and her manager argued back and forth. They could be ruthless sometimes. They were only there to get them jobs so that they could get paid the stupid amount of money that they were paying them. He grinned though, listening to her tell the manager to shove off.

"Alright, Evey. Try and have a good day. We'll talk about where we should go. Love you. Bye," He said before hanging up.

Soon, he pulled into his driveway and headed into his house. He walked up to his room and into his bathroom where he started up the show, making sure to make it really hot before walking back out to his room to put down his wallet and keys and phone.

The meeting was long, and boring. Her manger forced her to do the commercial, but she changed it up a bit, she is wearing a slutty shirt rather then a bra. She wasn't going to show herself to the world, just for money, but that would bring her tons of cash cause each and every man is a dog. They will love the commercial anyways. When she finally got out of the meeting. She met with her band and played a concert in the next town.

(Sorry for short reply, I'm super busy right now)

Carter's day wasn't all that exciting. After going home, he showered and got ready for his day, then called his manager who came over so that they could run lines and talk about other opportunities. There was a TV show that needed a host and they were offering a good amount of money but it would mean flying out of state for two days a week and he wasn't sure if he was ready for that kind of commitment to a show. He was trying to make things right with Evelyn anyways.

After that, Carter went out to lunch with one of his friends and now he was hanging out at home in his personal gym. He made an effort to look as good as he did which was kind of annoying because he much rather just sit around and eat or play video games but he couldn't let that happen. He didn't need the media on his ass about weight gain..

Paparazzi was everywhere at the concert. They want to know, "How are you finally able to be famous? Is your Mother alright with this?" Those are the questions that killed her. Not only did she hate begin the center of attention, she was awkward. She was always scared of her answering the wrong way. So many people hate her, she didnt want more people to. She played her concert which went well, or at least as well it could go with a massive hangover. She invited a girl on stage, had a meet and greet at the end, and almost got out of there without paparazzi. She got drinks with the band afterwords, didnt get drunk only a bit tipsy. her ban was like a bunch of brothers, but the guitarist always hit on her. Which was kinda awkward, since she looked at them as family, and she had a boyfriend. Thinking of him she pulled out her phone

"Hey babe, what are you up to?" she sent the text. It was only 9, it was to early for him to be asleep. She wouldnt be leaving for her town intill like 9;30. She had at least 30 minutes to waste. She wouldnt be home intill like 12.

Just around the time Carter was finishing up with his workout, his phone went off. He grinned a little bit when he saw that it was Evelyn. It was nice to know that she at least didn't hate him so much that she didn't want to talk to him. He knew that he'd fucked up, which was nothing new, but he was really looking to try and fix things with her. Honestly, Evelyn was the only stable thing in his life. His friends could be flaky and superficial, and you were never guaranteed a good job but he always had Evelyn.

Just got finished with a workout, about to hit the showers. How are you up to? He texted her back. He pocketed his phone, then headed out of his gym and upstairs to his bedroom so that he could take a quick shower and then just relax for the rest of the night. He was thinking some video games sounded really good. He still played online with other people, but he made sure that his username didn't give away who he was. It was nice to be able to just play games and talk to people without them knowing who he was. He was just another gamer to them. One who kicked total ass, might he add.

She smiled, as she read the text. As loved him so much, just a text made her heart pound in her chest. He may made lots, and lots of mistakes, but she just felt completely in love with him. She didnt know why, but it happened.

"Good! Gotta keep in shape for me! Nothing much, getting a drink with the guys! They are all completely drunk, they are so stupid. Ill be back at 12"

she smiled sending the text. She needed to drive them home soon.

"Im about to head out! Ill be there soon. Can I go to your place?"

Its was such a pain when the guys were drunk. They all acted so handsy, and loud, very flirty. She got the boys up, before the pasted out. She preyed that they would fall asleep in the car. She guided them to the car, and got it in herself. She bought the back doors, and windows child locks, because one time one of the guys jumped out when they were drunk. She put the child locks on, and started to drive, and like she preyed two of the guys pasted out. The other two were playing with he rhair in the back seat. She couldnt wait to get home...

Carter walked into his bathroom and switched on the shower, making sure the water was on hot then went over and leaned on the sink counter while he watched for Evelyn to take him back. He made a face when she mentioned that all of the guys were drunk. It wasn't that he had a problem with her bandmates, because they were all usually super nice, but the idea of Evelyn being the only girl in a group of drunk guys made him really uncomfortable. People did really stupid things when they were drunk. He'd know first hand. He grinned a little bit when she asked if she could head over though.

Of course. You've got a key. Just let yourself in. Be careful. Love you, he texted her back. He put his phone down on the counter, then stripped from his workout clothes and got into the hot shower. It felt really nice on his strained muscles.

When the guys had all past out, she was ready to get home. She had an hour left intill she could be home. She had been driving for two hours, and was exhausted from all day. She sighed, the fight replayed in her head, did she make a mistake, forgive him to easily. He seemed true, but he always seemed like he was going to change. Each time it was forgive him, then he would do it again. This was the last straw, last chance. She said that every time, they were going to get away from it all. Going on a vacation would be great. The paparazzi had been driving her to the breaking point.

She drove a little longer, in a silent car before she got into town, she had a lot on her mind, and the silence help alot. She pulled up to one of the guys houses before waking him up, and helping him inside. She did that for the other two, but the last guy, the drummer. The one always hitting on her, begged her to stay. Pulling on her, he smiled.

"Come on just a couple more drinks, I know you want to!"

Evelyn shook her head no, she had had it with his flirts, he knew she was in a relationship with Carter, but he still pushed.

"I'd be better then him, I wont leave you alone, make you cry or drink by yourself. I see how he treats you, like nothing. I hope you know, when guys party, they party. Alcohol, Drugs, Women not afraid of anything. He goes to these parties, and leaves you by yourself. Im better baby!"

Evelyn attempted to push him off, but he grabbed her, and kissed her.

Just then, a flash of a camera shone a bit, she mistaked it as a car driving pasted. She pushed him off, angrily slapping him. He pushed her away cursing "Whatever! I can get anyone! Get out of here! Your a bitch!"

She ran in the car, and began driving. Tears filled her eyes, she was scared, and personally hurt. He had no reason to talk about Carter and her relationship. She probably had bruises, he grabbed her hard. Evelyn was just done.

Carter spent the majority of his time in the shower just standing there and thinking everything over. He knew that he needed to get his act together. His reputation was dwindling from a young, hot, talented actor to a teeny-bopper gone drunk really fast. He didn't want to be known as the kid who went down hill because he couldn't hand the fame. Beyond that though, he needed to do it for Evelyn. She deserved a good boyfriend and he needed to be there for her. He obviously knew first hand how it was was to deal with the paparazzi and the stress of being perfect. Instead of being around to comfort her, he was out getting wasted off of his ass to the point where it fucked up their own relationship. She needed someone stable. He needed to get to that place.

Once he was done with his shower, he got out and dried off, then walked to his bedroom and changed into some boxers and decided that that was good enough. It wasn't like he was dressing to impress. He grabbed his laptop and phone from his desk, then headed back downstairs. He plopped down on the couch and turned on a movie channel, then opened up his laptop on his lap and began typing away, researching places that were good for secluded getaways.

He'd ran the idea by his manager and although he wasn't too happy with the fact that he'd be missing a weeks worth of opportunities, Carter made sure to point out the fact that he hadn't had break since he broke into this whole famous thing.

He was thinking something somewhere on a beach. They could swim and talk walks and lay out in the sun. He'd probably get her a spa day too and they could do whatever the resort offered. It would just be the two of them. That was what mattered.

Evelyn sighed, she was outside of his house. She was still in her car, she sniffled fixing her makeup. She had to come up with something to tell Carter. This hasnt happened ever. She had been hit on but never, grabbed. She didnt want to ruin the band, he was drunk. He couldnt have truly meant it. She shivered, remembering what happened. How could he do that, she shook it off, getting out of the car. She just wouldnt talk about it, it was nothing to big. She didnt want to worry him, so she just wouldnt bring it up. She unlocked the door, and walked in. Setting her stuff down, she sighed "Hey, im here!" she shouted. Heading up stairs, she saw Carter on the computer. She smiled, still a little shaken from earlier "Whatcha doing babe?" She gave him a hug from behind, kissing his cheek. She smiled looking at the screen, are you looked at the screen happily. She had always wanted to take a vacation with him, and know it was going to happen, she needed a break from the band, and paparazzi.

Carter grinned, hearing Evelyn announce her presence. "Hey, I'm upstairs!" He called back to her. He glanced her direction when he heard her walk in and grinned, then looked back towards his computer. "Hi baby. I'm looking for places for our little vacation. How do you feel about the Caribbean?" He asked her curiously. He put his hand over hers that were on his chest and looked up at her with a grin. "Come sit with me," He urged her. He didn't remember the last time they'd just sat down and hung out like a normal couple. Normal didn't even seem to be in his vocabulary. "How did everything go with your manager? And the concert?" He asked her curiously as he looked away and began clicking on the different sites to find out different information about hotels and activities to do. Lots of beaches. Lots of restaurants. Lots of nature. That sounded good to him. Anything to get them away from the crazy world they were living in right now. He just needed to breath and detox from his wildness. And he needed some alone time with Evelyn to show her that he was still the same Carter she'd fell in love with years ago.

"That seems great! I have always wanted to go to the Caribbeans. I heard its the one of most peaceful places ever!" She smiled "Im really excited!" She sat next to him, and smiled. This made her feel that she wasn't famous, she was just another girl relaxing with her boyfriend. She loved it it, but she loved being famous. She loved making music, and making the fan smile. There was no feeling that can match when the fans scream your name. She had been on TV, Magazines, movies. She was able to do everything people dream about. "Everything went good..." she tried to forget about what happened. "The manger made me do a damn commercial where I look like a damn slut! but it was worth it, he said he wouldn't let me go on vacation without it...and the concert was fine." Without think she rubbed her part of her arm he grabbed. How could he do that... she was completely terrified. She was never going to drink with him again. He didnt even drink that much, was he completely being honest. She noticed that she was staring into space, she smiled "We should get a hotel right by the beach! and near the town!" This was going to be like a honey moon. She wanted to settle down, but she was still young, and she couldnt settle down famous. She wanted to be a mom, and she refuses to put her kid through the paparazzi.

Carter smiled when she agreed and that she'd always wanted to go. "Me too. It's gorgeous," He agreed,"How would you feel about leaving tomorrow?" He knew it was last minute but he knew that he could get his manager to hook him up with a private jet for the morning. All they'd have to do was pack. He began searching for five-star resorts and a big room that he could rent for a week. He nodded a little bit, looking at her. "What did you have to do?" He asked her curiously when she mentioned the commercial. He knew that part of being famous meant super risque stuff sometimes but he wasn't always comfortable with it either. Like if she was naked and with some guy, he'd be a little irked. It would be nice to know that he was the only one seeing her naked which... Now that he thought about, he didn't even get to see her naked that often. They were both too busy and quite frankly, busy fighting a lot too. "The beach would be perfect," He agreed with a little grin,"What's the matter though?" He moved his laptop to the side and leaned back, exaimining her. She just seemed... Bothered by something. Maybe she was just still mad at him or pissed off about the shoot but something just wasn't right.

"Tomorrow! well wouldnt that be to quick!" they did only have to pack, and she had no more concerts. It could be fun, going this quick, and not over thinking things. "Yes, lets do it!" She smiled brightly, she was excited. People have told her when she was excited she reminded people of a puppy. Which she pictured herself more like a cat. "It was nothing to bad, skimpy jeans, slutty shirt. They wanted me not to wear a shirt. Thats what me and the manger was fighting about." she was all hype now, she couldnt wait. She kissed his cheek, "You dont have to worry tho, im not that kind of girl." She giggles. "I need to pack!" She laughed "I think I should go then." She smiled trying to ignore the qeustion. "N-nothing the problem. Silly" she smiled again, before leaning over, and kissing his nose. She was a terrible liar, she was just hoping to pull this off. She never wanting him to worry, he had enough to worry about. She was already a bad girlfriend, never doing anything he wanted to, she sighed a bit. Why couldnt she just force herself to go to parties. Maybe she would on vacation.

Carter smiled when Evelyn agreed to the last minute plans. He knew that it was fast but he felt like the both of them really needed this. They needed to just get away and get their heads on straight. He chuckled at how excited she got about it all, even when she tried to explain what her manager and her had fought about. He didn't really feel like arguing tonight so when she said that nothing was the matter, he smiled and nodded. "Alright, sweetheart," He agreed with her simple. He leaned over and with his hand on her neck, gave her a longish kiss. When he pulled away, he smiled. "You're right. You should go and pack. I'll pick you up in the morning, okay? I'll text you tonight give you all the details about when and stuff," He told her with a nod. It'd be fun.

She smiled as she received the kiss, "Now I dont want to go." she laughed getting up "Okay babe, see you tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*later that night she packed, received the info. They went on the plane earlier, and got to the hotel around noon.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evelyn, danced around the room happily. I cant believe were actually here, she set her bags down, giving Carter a hug. "Thank you so much! I know you have been busy."

She unwrapped her arms around his neck to go to look at the window. It was big, and had a view of the beach, it was magical. She open the window, the breeze blew her hair back. She was acting like a child. Which was rare, she was only like that when she wasnt that famous. She took a deep breath, and turn around walking over to him, taking his hand leading him to the window. "Isnt this great, she kissed him." Before they got any farther, there was a knock on the door. Evelyn sighed, before going to check the door. It was a maid, she was very shy, you could tell.

"Hello, sorry to bother you. I need to retrieve something I left in the Bathroom M-may I go get it?"

Evelyn smiled "Of course. Come in!" The girl went, and grabbed keys out of the bathroom. She came out before, smiling at Carter. "Y-You guys are amazing!" she walked over to a magazine pile, tearing a piece from of the magazine. "May I have a autograph?" She handed the piece to Carter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back