• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Limelight Kills.

PrincessKaty

✧ pixiedust ✧
Carter was passed out in the doorway between his bathroom and his bedroom. It must've been far past noon by this point... After an insane night, he'd made it back home because a friend called him a cab and made it to the bathroom to vomit but not back to the bed and pass out.

Last night, one of his best friends, Ryland, had this huge premiere party for his new music video. The premiere had been super great but the after party was when everything really hit the fan. The party had moved from a hotel ballroom to Ryland's house. There was a DJ playing music so loud that you could barely hear someone even if they were screaming in your year. There were half-naked girls, a lot of dancing and flashing lights, and booze everywhere. He'd drank to his little heart's content and popped a few pills of ecstasy to get even more into the party mood. Around three AM, things started to get foggy and by four, he couldn't remember a thing.

Now here he was, passed out on the ground in slacks and a tie. He had no idea where his shirt nor jacket went but he didn't really care either. And more than that, he had no idea that today had been the day that he was suppose to be up early to meet Evelyn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evelyn had been ignored all last night by Carter. This wasn't the first time this happen, but she still hated it. He could be doing anything. Drinking, drugs, and her biggest fear would be cheating. She prayed he didn't hook up with a cuter girl and do it with her...

Getting up the next morning, she still wasn't being answered. Not her texts or her calls. She prayed he was just getting ready for their date. She hasn't had a real date in months, because work and his parties had stop them from doing anything.

She got up from her bed calling a couple more times before giving up. She took a shower, and got ready. She wore his favorite blue dress, and braided her hair to the side, she put alittle more makeup on then she usually did. She wanted to prove she was worth his time. She looked jn the mirror smiling at why she accomplished. She looked great, she slipped on her heels grabbed her purse and headed out.

A taxi took her to the fancy restaurant, and when she got out only a couple people stop her asking her for autographs, as always paparazzi flashed there bright cameras, and tried so hard to ask her questions. She absolutely hated paparazzi, but the bodyguards pushed them aside as she walked in.

The timed ticked by, first it was just a little late. Then it became hours, she was completely devistated. He swore he would come, not with a hangover. He didn't come at all. Four hours pasted and she gave up. Maybe she wasn't enough for him, maybe he needed better... More guilt took over rather then anger. Defeated she was drivin home.

Once she was home, she texted him

"I think you can do better then me...maybe this isn't working out."

Tears strolled down her cheeks making her makeup smudge as she pressed send.

Carter only began to somewhat wake up when he felt his phone buzzing in his pocket. He rolled from his side to his back with a low groan. He could already feel the pounding headache and sickness in his stomach. He opened up and his eyes and blinked a few times, then squinted, realizing how bright the sun was that was coming through his blinds. He sighed a little bit, knowing that by how bright it was, he'd probably already wasted half of his day.

He slowly and carefully brought himself to his feet and shuffled over to his king bed where he sat down tiredly. His whole body ached from sleeping uncomfortably on the floor and all he could think about was taking a shit ton of Advil and going back to sleep for the rest of the day... But that meant getting up and getting water and finding the pills. Effort he wasn't willing to make.

He just sat there for a minute before he realized why he'd woken up in the first place. He leaned to the side and pulled his phone out of his pocket. It was nearly dead considering he hadn't charged it last night. He saw that there was a text from Evelyn, his lovely girlfriend. He unlocked his phone and furrowed his eyebrows as he read the text. What? It wasn't working out?... What had he done last night? His mind searched for the answer but there was nothing. He couldn't remember much at all.

Instead of texting her, he pressed the call button and laid back on the bed. He closed his eyes as he listened to the dial tone, trying to think of what he was going to say. This happened more times than it should have except usually he knew why or how he'd fucked up.

Evelyn was on her bed, music blasting her making horribly messed up from the tears, and tissues scattered on the floor, and just like every time this happen she was drinking vodka drowning her sorrows.

Her phone started to buzz, being somewhat tipsy she answer. Something she would never do sober. She sniffled her cute little sniffle and answerd.

"What do you want..." Hearing his voice only made tears fall faster.

She hated him so much, how he didn't care and always did this. She knew deep down it wasn't her fault. But always made herself feel like she was the one who caused this. She wasn't pretty enough, or she work to much, she didn't match his popularity. Anything that made it her fault was the reason she decided on.

Just hearing Evelyn's voice nearly broke his heart. It was obvious that he fucked up. He ran a hand through his hair and opened his eyes, looking up towards the ceiling.

"Eve, sweetheart. I am so sorry," He began to tell her and then frowned, hearing that she was crying,"I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry... I'll be honest, I went way too hard last night and I can't really remember what happened so whatever I did, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you... And no one is better than you. I won't find anyone better. You're as good as it gets. I know I'm stupid for fucking it up all the time..."

He felt terrible saying it. That he didn't know what he'd done. It just made him feel even shittier. Did he love Evelyn? Of course. But did he love partying? Hell yeah he did. It was fun and it was nice to escape from the crazy world they both lived in.

He'd just do what he always did when he messed up. By her an expensive gift and kiss her and hope that she forgave him when he apologized in person. He couldn't even count the amount of times she'd said that she was going to break up with him.

Evelyn heart ached, she couldn't deal with him anymore. The empty nights drinking by herself, he knew she hated parties. She felt akward, and she judge herself even more. It wasn't like she was telling him to stop partying forever. She just wanted at least 1 date a month. Some quiet time with him.

"N-no I think I'm done..."

She was dead serious even the vodka was nt affecting this decision. Nothing could change her mind this time.

"Yea I'm positive I'm done...I don't want to see you again." Her hand shook and her voice was shaking, because of the vodka and how bad she was crying.

She was feeling the worst pain ever. Her heart was being stepped on.

Carter felt his heart sink and swallowed hard, listening to Evelyn say that she was done. He wasn't sure if he'd ever heard her sound so serious, even through the tears and all. Usually at this point she would've already given in. She would've been pissed, sure, but she wouldn't have ended it.

"Eve... Come on. You don't mean that," He told her, sitting up from the bed,"Please. I can make this better. You know I love you, Evelyn. I love you with my everything. Please. Let me just come over and talk to you face to face. Don't end things like this, at least."

That part he was being serious about. If Evelyn really wanted to break it off with him, he wanted her to look him in the eyes and say it so that he knew that it was real. She was just emotional right now. With the initial shock of... Whatever he'd done. She just needed to cool down and it would be fine. It'll be fine... He was trying to convince himself.

Evelyn closed her eyes, thinking at what he said. The same thing he always said when this happen.

"Lies...all a bunch of bs! You say that every time. Eve ill fix it, I'll do better...I don't believe you!"

She was sad, tipsy, angry, depressed. She was ready to get this heart break over with. "F-fine come over!" She hung up, pissed. She needed to get ready, to tell him off.

She got up wobbling a bit. She took another large swig of the vodka. Settling her nerves. She began picking up the tissues, and making the place look decent.

She redid her makeup which was difficult sence she was on the verge of being completely wasted. She looked in the mirror. It was perfect like earlier, but it was good.

She sat on the couch, waiting his arrival. The only thing out of place was the almost empty bottle of Cherry Vodka.

Carter pushed himself up so that he was sitting on his bed and sighed quietly, listening to her. He could tell by her slur that she'd been drinking, which was extremely rare for her.. He must've really fucked up this time around. He was at least happy that she agreed to see him. He didn't get another word in though. After being hung upon, he made his way to the bathroom where he brushed his teeth and took some Advil, then walked to bedroom and changed into some jeans and a t-shirt. Figuring that was good enough, he pulled on some shoes, grabbed his things, and was out of his house.

As usual, once he was in the car, the paparazzi was waiting outside the gates to his house so he had to be careful when pulling out, which was really annoying when you were hungover and about to go see your girlfriend who wanted to dump you.

The ride wasn't too far to Evelyn's house and when he got there, the security guy at her gate let him in without a second glance. When you're on and off with someone for four years, things were just routine. He pulled into her driveway, then got out and headed into her house. "Eve!" He called.

He'd debated on whether or not bringing her a gift was a good idea but realized that at least this time, his words might do him more justice than a diamond necklace. He had to show her that he was serious about his feelings.

Evelyn stood up as he knocked on her door. She took her time answer the door. She took a deep breath before answering the door.

She open the door, trying to fight the tears she felt already coming on.

"Hi..." She mummbled quietly. She step aside "come on in..." She walked into the front room. The front room was large, and had a giant window looking over a hill. She sat down akwardly, this was hard enough akwardly, but when your trying to control yourself when your drunk, probably made her look more stupid.

"I thought I made it clear over the phone..." She sighed looking at the floor, biting her lip.

(just realized i've been writing ryland instead of carter lmfao.. oops. getting all my characters mixed up.)

Carter sighed sadly, listening to Evelyn. Seeing her all upset just made it even worse than over the phone. He stepped inside of her house and shut the door behind him, then followed her to the living room.

He rubbed the back of his neck, watching her sit down. "I know," He said,"But I don't want things to end, Evelyn... I really don't. You're the only girl that I've ever felt this way about. I know that I'm a dick sometimes but I'm not always like that, you know? Can you tell me what I did to tip you off this time though? I just want to make things right... For real this time," He said, trying to come up with something different than what he usually said. He walked over to the coffee table and picked up the vodka bottle, raising his eyebrows when he saw that it was completely empty. Not one drop yet.

"Did you just drink all of this?" He asked her, looking back in her direction with a sad expression.

(No problem xD I was a little confusing, but I guessed you were mixing it up xD )

What he did this time? It what he does all the time! "You don't even remember!"

She slurred a bit, she frowned "you really don't care it seems like! You promise me 'no partying' I promise you will hangout! I get dress and get my hopes up but then your friends post a pic of you getting a lap dance or drinking!"

She laughed a bit, tears now being to roll down her face! "Your not always like that! Okay the last time we had a date was like 3 months ago! The last time I got to hug you or kiss you was when I get to drive you home from a Damn party! I have needs, go find a girl that wants to go to parties and enjoy watching naked chicks, or loud flashing light!" She was slurring, and wasn't thinking straight. She wouldn't be yelling or angry, she would forgive him.

"Yea I did drink it all..."

Carter set the bottle back down and took in a deep breath, listening to her go off on him, listing all the shitty things that he did. He knew he deserved to be yelled at and all. It was just weird for him to see her like this. It hurt even more than usual. Neither of them were really in their right mindset to be having this conversation. He was hung over as fuck and she was wasted..

He walked over to the couch and took a seat beside her.

"Hey, look at me," He told her, using his hand to held her chin and have her look in his directions,"And actually listen. I know that I go out a lot and when I drink I make really stupid decisions but that doesn't change how I think about you.. I love you, Eve. I'm sorry for treating you like shit. I'll make it all up to you. Just give me another chance. Don't end it like this.."

This was going to happen over, and over again. She going to forgive him, and he's going to hurt her again. Evelyn shook her head no. She wanted so bad to forgive him, and she wanted to be wrapped in his arms, but she knew this was going to happen again.

"I don't know...it's going to happen again. I don't want to feel this pain again." More tears she looked away and down at the floor.

"I want you to be happy, but I want more then just a kiss once a week. I wanna know your not going to get drunk and cheat on me!"

Carter frowned, letting his hand drop to his lap when she shook her head and looked away.

"Please just give me a chance to prove that I can be different, Evelyn. I can be that Carter that you fell in love with when we first met," He told her with a little grin. He'd been eighteen and he'd fallen really hard and really fast for her. She was the one sane thing in his crazy new world of fame. Now he was afraid that he was getting too comfortable with the fame and coping with it, which he never thought he'd be saying.

"How about we take a trip, hm? We can leave the country and just spend a week together. Just you and me. Not having to worry about everything else. We can start getting things going right again. Okay?" He suggested, hoping maybe that would sound better to her.

Evelyn sighed, is the Carter she fell in love still deep down in there? She thought for a moment, the silence seemed like forever. "Fine...one last chance." She was still upset, but willing to try one more time.

A vacation sounded nice, if she could get work off. "I'm sorry..." She had no reason to be sorry, but she had always apologize for things she didn't do, even when she was young.

She sat there looking at the empty bottle of vodka, craving more. Just to get all these feelings away.

Carter let out a sigh of relief when Evelyn agreed to giving him one last chance.

"I promise it'll work out," He told her, leaning over and wiping her cheeks free of the tears,"And don't apologize. I'm sorry for being a total dick. You deserve way better than that."

He followed her eyes over to the empty vodka bottle and then looked back to her. "The fact that you're still conscious is extremely surprising," He admitted with a little laugh. A whole bottle was a lot of alcohol. Especially if she'd been drinking it straight..

To be honest, some alcohol sounded really good. Apparently it helped to drink if you had a hangover to help ease the pain.

Evelyn got up walking over to the alcohol cabinet. Getting more alcohol, she has a very high tolerance to alcohol. He had to drink a lot to get to the point of passing out. She set gin, vodka, and wine on the table.

"We might as well drink... We have nothing else to do." She sighed opening the gin, taking a sip.

"Or you can go, whatever you want." She slurred, taking another sip. She was become very wasted, getting her in a better mood.

Carter watched her get up and grab a few more bottles of alcohol and bring them back to the table. He didn't really want to leave Evelyn drunk but watching her while he was sober wasn't to be fun either, so he leaned over and grabbed the vodka bottle.

"Cheers," He told her, raising the bottle slightly before taking a swig of it. Damn, that was nice. The feeling of it burning down his throat. "Wanna go lay in bed and watch Netflix?" He suggested. It would probably be more fun than just sitting in the living room. At least if she drank too much she'd be able to just go to sleep or vomit in the bathroom that wasn't too far from her bed.

She nodded slightly, getting up almost trip over herself. Wobbling torwards the bed. Collapsing on the bed, Turing on the Tv. She rested her head on his shoulder.

They were watching a show, she couldn't wrap her head around which show. She felt herself slowly falling asleep. All she thought about was 'this is the last chance...' It repeated over and over in her head intill she fall asleep on his shoulder. She needed to get time off, if they were going to get to actually spend time together. If he would keep his promise...

Carter took the bottle of vodka with him as they headed up to ther bedroom, making sure to keep his arm out just in case she went toppling over. He took his spot on the bed where he usually did and grinned a little bit when she leaned her head on his shoulder. He turned and kissed her forehead, then took another swig of vodka before setting it on the nightstand.

Considering his late night and bad hangover, he was pretty tired too. He leaned his head back and tried his best to pay attention to the TV but he felt himself beginning to nod off.

Evelyn yawned, slowly opening her eyes. She had a splitting head ache, and felt horrible. Sitting up a bit she realized she was in his arms. "I guess I gave in..." She said in a whisper. Her memories from the night before we're very hazy. All she remembered was the anger and pain she felt, and that she was yelling at him.

Looking over at the clock, she realized it was 8:00. She had to get ready for work or she was going to be in deep trouble with her manger. She had a concert in a couple of days, and the manger wanted to her the new songs.

She looked over at Carter, he was absolutely adorable when he was sleeping. He always had a smirk on his face, and always felt so warm. She kissed the top of his head before slowly removing his arms. She then slowly got out of bed, not wanting to wake him.

She realized how bad her makeup was and that she was still in the same dress she was in for yesterday's date. She removed the dress and took a quick shower, rushing. She brushed her teeth and hair, and put on a little makeup. Throwing on her jeans and a stripped shirt before putting on converses. She grabbed her stuff, and kissed him one more time before leaving quickly.

Carter had ended up falling asleep throughout the whole night with Evelyn, which was actually great because of his hangover.

By the time he woke up, she wasn't beside him anymore. He sighed softly and pushed himself up, running a hand through his hair. He thought maybe she was just making breakfast or something, so he pulled himself out of her comfortable bed and headed downstairs. She wasn't there though. Maybe she had something to do..

He gathered up his things from around her living room and put his shoes back on, then headed out to his car. He really needed to shower because he just reeked of alcohol and he'd been wearing the same clothes for the three days now. He was pretty sure he was suppose to have called his agent yesterday too because he was suppose to be preparing for an audition in some action movie but he'd yet to do anything that had to do with that. He was slacking and he knew that.

In his car, he left Evelyn's place, then headed back home to get ready for his day. During the car ride, he called Evelyn just in case. He wanted to make sure that they were still fine and that she hadn't left because she was mad or something bad had happened.

Evelun, and the manger was in a heated argument as her phone started ringer.

"Im taking this!" She growled at the manger, and before he replied she walked out of his office. She went and sat in the back parking lot, where no paparazzi was, and answer her phone.

"Hello," her voice sounded a little pissed not at him, but at what happen a little but ago. The manger wanted her to be in a jean commercial, the commercial was alittle to 'dirty' for her. She refuses to show herself off like that.

She smiled hearing his voice, but still somewhat upset with him.

"Sorry for disappearing on you like that, I had a meeting-" it was like 12 and the sun was out. It was a beautiful day, it hard for her to get out of the house, which upseted her very much. She never got to shop, or just take a walk. There were a lot of bad things that came with being famous.

Carter bit his lip slightly, hearing Evelyn answer the phone. She seemed pissed.

"Hey," He answered back. At least she'd picked up...

"No, yeah, of course. I understand," He told her when she said that she had a meeting. It was far better than her just bailing on him,"Is everything alright?... I mean, I know you're probably still a little mad at me at least but..."

He seemed to always be causing her some distress but he meant with word and everything. Sometimes he really wished that he wasn't famous. Privacy wasn't even a thing. Sleep wasn't either. When he was filming a movie, he was usually gone for months on set, filming from sun up to... Well, sun up. He never got a break. He got coffee. That was about the second best thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back