• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

melancholyhanahaki

Manipulator
This was Wendy's first day in her Pyrokinesis class. She was a little scared at first because she didn't know anybody from the school, moving from Massachusetts to Oregon just to step foot in the school. Plus, it was a little shady, since the school was surrounded in mystery and legends about the initial Miss Guilbeaux, as well as her many other heirs. But that didn't stop her, did it?

Wendy stepped into her class. She was greeted by the kind Miss Authier, who led the classroom. Wendy adjusted into her seat and, as students flocked into the classroom, she observed the others with her dark eyes. She moved aside her sideswept bangs as she brought out her notebook and pencil, expecting a lecture, since it was the first day of the school year. The bell rung and every single student was in their respective seat. The seats were arranged in a circular fashion, with a table in the middle. There were some candles - some were lit, and others were unlit.

"Welcome to the Pyrokinesis class, students. My name is Miss Authier," the teacher said, writing her name on the chalkboard. She then turns around to face her class. "The first week is very... unexciting, to say the least. It's merely some textbook things, to be honest, and as well as your first protective spell. However, I would like my students to get acquainted with one another. Starting from my right, I would like my students to say their name, their age, and a simple fact about themselves."

It was Luna's first day at her new school, and boy was she excited. Her and her family had always moved around. First from her home country Malaysia to the states, specifically to Ohio, and then to New York, but this time she's moving all the way out to Oregon by herself. She was nervous at first but believes she's more than ready to handle herself without the help of her parents. What could go wrong?

Luna walked into her Pyrokinesis class and was greeted by the teacher, Ms. Authier. Luna quickly picked a seat to her liking as more students came and observed the different types of people she'd be getting to know throughout the year. There were an unsettling amout of students in the class compared to the smaller school's she's been to, but saw it as an opportunity to make some new friends more than anything. Once the bell rang and everyone was in their respective seats around the table, she pulled out a notebook and a pencil before tying up her long hair so it wouldn't distract her.

After listening to Ms. Authier's opening remarks she tapped her pencil on her notebook waiting for her name to be called while also thinking of a fact to say to the class.

Wendy listened to the others speak. The other students seemed far more interesting than she was, to be honest. She wasn't special, since she was just a hometown girl that just so happened to have very good grades and also lived where the 1600s Salem witch trials initially were. She tapped her pencil against the cover of her notebook, listening to the other students' facts and wondering what would be the best to say about herself.

When it was Wendy's turn, she spoke slowly, as she hadn't entirely thought up her fact just yet. She stated, "I'm Wendy. I'm fifteen, and I initially wanted to go for Judgement, but I went for Pyrokinesis instead." Miss Authier seemed to accept this statement, so Wendy sat down and listened for the next few students, beginning to draw on the first page of her brand new notebook that she brought in the retail store of the town nearby.

"Luna?" Miss Authier called out. "It is your turn; recite your name, age, and a fact about yourself." Miss Authier opened a drawer of her desk and began grabbing a stack of paperwork to hand out. Wendy, furthest from the teacher, was unable to see much - not that she cared much anyways.

As the students began introducing themselves she made a mental check of each face and matched them up with the name they stated. She carefully listened to what each student had to say about themselves excited to learn more about the culture and personalities of the various students.

After a long while of names, introductions, and whatnot. Luna finally heard her name being called by the teacher, which pulled her from her thoughts as she nodded and stood up to speak. "Hello, my name is Luna and I'm fifteen years old." She pauses for a moment and had a quick debate with herself about what to say before shrugging and going with something simple. "One fact about myself is that I was born and lived in Malaysia till I was 6." She smiles at her peers before sitting down and watching Ms. Authier grab a stack of papers from her desk to pass out.

Miss Authier began saying, "First order of business, I will be passing this out to every individual student. You don't really need this, but these are forms for free lunch. Fill this out and the school will look at it, and, if you check out, you get free lunch from any of the restaurants on campus that you go to. We don't account for any of the ones that are in town." She says this as she hands out the forms to every individual student at their desk. Once she was done with handing out everything, Miss Authier returns to behind her desk.

"Rather than reading the handbook to you on your first day, I am teaching you your first protective spell," Miss Authier announces. "It's a dog eat dog world out there, students. Even though my own son doesn't attend this school, he at least knows how to protect himself with this one simple spell." She began writing on the board, in neat handwriting:
INGREDIENTS TO A SPELL
~ INCANTATION
~ WILL
~ HAND GESTURE (OPTIONAL)

"This protection spell can apply to anybody. This spell will make a skin-like layer of pure fire to appear around you - don't worry, it's not hot - to protect you for some amount of time. It is perfect to quickly defend yourself, because the incantation is rather simple." She writes the incantation on the board - IGNIS REPENTE. "The reason why I write the hand gesture as optional is because this spell will be directed at someone you point at; many spells that you can use on others work like this."

Wendy was taking notes, listing the incantation and what the spell does. She knew this would be important later. She knew how to set things on fire, but never knew that a class like this would have a protection spell. She then raised her hand with the hand that wasn't holding her pencil. "Does the skin layer set anything on fire?" she asked. Miss Authier nodded and commented, "As long as it doesn't have a magic seal, yes."

Luna took the lunch form and neatly tucked it into her folder before proceeding to take notes on the protective spell. She giggled quietly to herself as she finished copying what the teacher wrote. She didn't once think that fire could be use defensively. It's kinda ironic. She drew a quick sketch of a human covered in the thin layer of fire to visually remind herself what the spell actually does. Once she finished she listened to one of her classmates asking a question. Luna was pretty sure her name was Wendy. When the question was answered she sighed and wrote the new information in her notebook as she spoke under her breath. "So it does still burn things."

Wendy finished taking notes, and then looked up to Miss Authier. "The school is covered in magic seals thanks to the Crystal, so you don't have to worry about anything burning when using this certain spell. Even the greenhouse is protected from any harm caused by these pyrokinesis spells." Wendy hummed to herself. How strange, she thought. By the time that the pyrokinesis class ended, Wendy stood up and cleaned her things, placing them all in her backpack. It was now either deciding if she wanted to go to another class or maybe head off to a restaurant in the amenities area and grab a bite to eat. She decided to just hang out in the courtyard, lying down on one of the benches.

Luna felt a sense of relief that there were seals all around the school. She honestly didn't feel comfortable literally being a walking fire hazard had she ever need to use this spell. As class came to an end, Luna had packed up all her things already and was one of the first students out the door. She wanted to explore different parts of the school and maybe familiar herself with the area. She decided to start with the most open place she could think of and headed for the courtyard to start her little adventure around the school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back