• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Library

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
The year is 1922. The first world war has been won and England is growing once again. Citizens enjoy the new era filling up jobs at factories. Early versions of washing machines, fridgerators have been created with a resurgence in factory production and the invention of the radio has taken communication to a new level. Automobiles, and trains are dominating the streets and you're probably seeing a boom of couples enjoying that fancy cup of brandy. - Historian

There exists a well off manor owned by an old man and his granddaughter. They serve as owners, bookkeepers and librarians.
Recently they've been looking for hired workers. You'd be working for coin as employees. This is a special to our family and it would mean a lot.
Perhaps you're here to study abroad, perhaps you are a member of nobility or royalty. Maybe you're poor and need of the money. No matter.
This is a generous offer in which you'd receive a place to stay and be fed. You'll be lending out books to those who come, and take care of the place, keeping it well organized and clean. You're free to read what you find.
- Old Man.

But what they don't know is that is more than just any normal library. The place is magic and full of mystery. You'll find the books here are much more than just stories. They're the gateway to fully imagined worlds. Magical Portals with adventures at your fingertips. You surely would love that wouldn't you kids? It's been like this and that's something truly special.
Roam these halls and help these worlds with their troubles. Knowledge is power. - The Book Spirit.

Ah you've arrived. It's nice to finally see some other kids here. I've always been quite lonely here. Between you and me, I think this place hides some secrets. Things aren't what they seem to be. Don't go wandering the halls at night. It's not safe. Beware of books that are too hot to touch, if you find any, be sure to tell me or grandfather. But don't worry. You'll be safe here. It's great to meet you all. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. -The Granddaughter

Rules:
You'll all be people under the age of 16 of whatever background you decide, I don't care what as long as it's realistic within the era.
You'll work as librarians, do menial tasks, get to explore the library and function as employees.
You'll slowly uncover the mystery surrounding the library and the old man and granddaughter. You'll visit magical worlds through these books here and go on many adventures.
I prefer one paragraph at minimum and would like once per week posts unless stated otherwise.

That's what I was thinking! Maybe there's a book that records stories from the future? So our characters might get trapped in the Lord of the Rings, or some other fantasy novel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back