• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Last Ones Left

Eden walked back into the room, clenching her teeth and trying not to say something rude. The only thing that stopped her was the thought that these are the last people on earth, the only people left. So making enemies with them would be the stupidest thing she could possibly do. "We're here and awake because every other person on earth is dead." Eden said, making sure that her annoyance at being forced to reenter this room was apparent in her voice. She crossed her arms and looked around the room at everyone. Some of them were still waking up, a few still hadn't woken yet, but most were awake by now. "Does anyone need me to fill them in on what we are and what purpose we serve? Because we should just get this out of the way right now." she said flatly, she would have hoped everyone had some idea of what was going on here. Or at least what they were. Things were going to be much more difficult with uncontrolled powers added to the mix.

Clark raised his hand (to face-height) and let out a nervous smile. He was always pretty positive, but this was a bit much for him; waking up around a crowd of strangers. "I have no idea why I'm here... Or what's going on..." He saw everyone around him, with colorful eyes and their newfound abilities. He looked at his hands and felt an unnatural warmth, then... freezing cold. Then burning warmth once more. Again he looked to Eden while brushing off the strange feeling in his hands on his clothing.

It was strange how the thought hadn't yet occurred to him. It was somewhat reminiscent of a dream without its beginning, but the sensations he was feeling made it clear he'd woken up. How did he get here? Everything was fuzzy and unclear and yet he was absolutely certain of his prior conclusions. The girl, Eden, must have known the same thing, since she so confidently voiced his thoughts.

"We're going to rebuild it," Cole added, as if reciting a line from a screenplay he'd only just recalled. His voice came out with uncertainty, but he knew it was true. His eyes migrated around the room, taking in each of the new faces, and a creeping feeling of utter wrongness gripped him.

He didn't belong here.

They chose the wrong man for the job. He didn't know why and yet his mind was teeming with rejection of this reality. His hand faltered as Violet sit herself up. His attention shifted between her and Sidney. The other man seemed more rough around the edges. Whoever put them here must have been out of their minds. Nothing felt right about it.

"They didn't happen to leave a manual...?" Cole asked, trying not to show his conflicting thoughts.

Removing his arm from Eden's back Sidney proceeded to cross his arms across his chest and watched as she reentered the room. He'd follow in suit with her as his eyes looked around at the others. The way Eden presented herself was she reentered definitely showed she wasn't very happy with her situation. Slowly becoming more accustomed to Eden's tone and arrogance, what was said when she opened her mouth stunned him. Feeling his jaw hit the ground and his right eyebrow begin to twitch Sidney was officially in shock. He was never informed of any of this, nor could he remember when he signed up for this job. Taking another moment to regain his composure as he picked his jaw up from the floor, and he'd his face and sighed. " You can't be serious right? The humanity had died and we are what's left? Don't you think they would people oh I don't know people who actually have better genes?"

From that moment on Sidney knew it was gonna be a really long day, not to mention a really long life time at this point. " Well at this point I suppose we should try to kill each other." With that being said he'd look over and down at Eden. " Nor should we separate, if they placed us all together like this we should at least try to stay together. Each of us probably can contribute something toward the growth and recreation of the human race. I would ask if any one could remember what they did for a living, but I can't even remember how I got here." Looking around as he spoke Sidney began to take count of everyone. The group was a good size, and hopefully every at least has been camping, because they weren't going to have any A/c anytime soon.

Jenna watched all exchanges with careful consideration, feeling with each statement that maybe she was actually a needle in a haystack, a wolf amongst sheep or whatever else that made her stand out from her fellow companions. Whilst most of them had absoultely no knowledge of how they got there, why they were there, or how they were, she seemed to have at least some memory about what it was. She wasn't an expert, clearly, and this Eden seemed to know a hell of a lot more about what they were doing but she knew more than most. As a result, when Eden released her great, slightly exasperated speech about the end of humanity, she wasn't surprised. She had known and expected that it was coming. Affter all, that was the sole reason behind why they were all awaken. They were the Earth's last chance.

"I agree with you, Sidney about staying together. The reason why we've all woken up today is because humanity is basically extinct. From a technical point of view, it actually is extinct since we're not altogether human. No mortal has ever been gifted with powers like ours, beautiful yet strange eye colours that can't possibly be real, and are locked in a white room to be awoken at one specific event." Jenna explained with a smile, moving forward slowly so that she could slide off her bed onto the cool floor. She shivered at the touch but held her ground, intent that she wasn't going to return to that bed again for as long as she possibly could. "I don't currently remember anything about my previous life, but I assume that's on purpose. How many of us are here right now? Six? Seven? Such a small amount of people gathered together to be the world's last chance at continuance survival. I doubt we were all plucked off the street at random."

Blythe Bentzen is showing a prime example of not caring, she started to wake up slightly earlier from the voices of the others yet she had simply rolled onto her side carelessly.

She wasn't asleep, moreso running through what little she could remember. She sat up quickly with a jolt and her eyes widened as she looked around. She blows out a breath and cards a hand through her blonde locks without really knowing what to do. Her eyes flicked over each and every single person in quick succession, the way her shoulders tensed and she swung her long, slightly tanned legs over the side of the bed made it look like she was ready for a fight. One of the few things she remembered were schoolyard fights, even though no one was really looking at her at the moment, she felt like she needed to stay on guard.

Oh, no ones paying attention to her. Blythe is the kind of person who loves and needs attention, she's known to yell at you in norsk to pay attention to her. She coughs loudly to clear her throat and stands up, scuffing her foot against the ground. Let's pretend she knew what was going in. Blythe is good at that.

She heard someone mention something about the end of humanity or something along those lines while she was busy not paying attention, she wasn't going to say anything quite yet. She needed to know at least a hint of what's going on with everyone else.

((Wow I'm sorry that was so late I won't even be able to respond again until around 5:30 Atlantic time anyways sorry!!))

Violet listened to what the others said, still on her bed, and although she had no memories of her past, she could somehow remember some parts of the reasons of their awakening. Strangely, the whole «humanity died» didn't really disturb or alarm her. Well, not as much as it should have. That's when she saw a blonde girl sit up (Blythe). Violet smiled at her, considering to greet her, wen she felt Cole's grip weaken, and looked up at him. He seemed so deep in thoughts, with a blank expression on his face and the girl thought that maybe he was going to faint or something. "Feeling alright?," she asked him. Then, she looked at Jenna as she talked about powers and extinction of humani-wait, powers?. She had no memory of that. Violet made a mental note to talk about it with the white haired girl later, when everyone would be awakened and safe.

Violet pushed on her feet to lift her body up. She kept holding on to Cole, and helped herself up with the wall which was close to her. Just like when you stand up too fast after a nap, she felt dizzy, nauseated and lightheaded, but that would probably go away soon. There was also an odd feeling in stomach, something she couldn't recall. It felt like there was a huge hole, screaming for God knows what. Food! Yes, that probably was it; she was hungry. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty hungry. Maybe the previous humans had the kindness of leaving us something to eat?" She raised her voice for everyone to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eden saw an opportunity to get out of this room without causing issues with Sidney. "Alright, You, and You." Eden said, pointing at Clark and Violet, "Come with me. We're going to find food and supplies and whatever else that could be useful in this place." She figured it was the perfect plan, she could explain what was going on to Clark, and then Violet can get food and then they could bring more back. "And you," she looked at Sidney, "are going to keep your mouth shut. Because I'm staying in a group."

Hopefully the two she had chosen would just go along with it. This needed to be done anyway and a smaller group would be the most efficient way. "Also, I'm Eden." She said as an afterthought, remembering that everyone else had already introduced themselves.

Violet nodded at Eden, signaling her to leave her a minute to make sure she was steady on her legs. She let go of Cole's hand, thanking him. Soon after, she was walking toward Eden, and even though she still felt lightheaded, she assumed she was ready to walk for a while. "Maybe we could scatter into two or three groups; Clark, you and me searching for food while the others search for other things...? And in about half an hour we could meet here." She suggested, so everyone would have a role and be useful.

(I was wondering, how are they clothed? Are they in hospital gowns?)

Blythe chooses now to pipe up and walks forwards."What other things? Clothes? Alcohol?" She asks sarcastically with a slight shrug. She tilts her head in the direction of the girl who called herself Eden."I'm Blythe," she says as if Eden were speaking to her. Way to go and be rudely self entitled. She suddenly changes topics back to the Violet girl's suggestion again."Maybe we could look for some streams and scout the area? It seems like a pretty rookie mistake not to scope out your surroundings before charging off. What if this is a trap, yeah? And if you guys all run out at once and get us all killed, I'm blaming you in hell," she says bluntly, placing her hands on her hips and flicking her head to the side in a way that makes her braids swing. The twin braids were very messy and loose, and Blythe wasalready thinking of finding a mirror to redo her hair.

She's a vain girl and likes making sure she looks good. She of course thinks she looks great all the time, but why not make herself look like perfection?

Violet had left his side to go with Eden and Clark in the search for food and supplies. Blythe's comment made him realise that he was being completely stupid. Right now, it didn't matter if he was the wrong person for the job. What mattered was that they were all here, now, and nothing about that was going to change. It was important now to survive. And, he admitted, Blythe had a good point. They couldn't all live in this place together for long. It was just an empty room full of cots, and probably wouldn't suffice well if it weren't near running water.

He didn't think any of them knew what year it was, either. If whole civilisations were now extinct, what effect would that have on the ecosystem? They didn't know what was out there- were they in a wasteland? A jungle? What kind of animal predators were they up against? What kind of plants would they have to look out for? Disease? Climate? Aliens? It all seemed intimidating, but there really was no getting around that fact.

"She's right," Cole spoke up, indicating Blythe's comments. He now had the strength to leave the support of the wall, and was even feeling well enough to stretch and start moving around. He turned to Blythe, making eye contact. "We should scout, see what's out there. Find some water source, see if we can identify where we are... when we are. Maybe find some more shelter."

He didn't want to admit it, but the idea of exploring was a little exciting to him. They couldn't all stay here in this room and wait, after all. If every single one of them was here for a reason, they must all be capable of holding their own. He waited for Blythe to respond. She seemed pretty smart, albeit smart-assed, but intelligent nonetheless. She would make a good scouting partner- he hoped.

Listening to the others begin to chime in with their opinions following Eden's short monologue gave Sidney a good basis on who seemed sane and who seemed to not care. The first being a girl who introduced herself as Jenna. She seemed to have some understanding of the situation, agreeing with him to stay together. What followed in her speech was a part of this Sidney agreed with, they were no longer human, but something genetically more mature. While he could not see his own eyes, he could clearly see the others their iris colors were not something the normal homo sapien had. As for the power's point of her argument was something he hadn't witnessed yet from the others, were they afraid to show their powers to each other? Sidney knew he was quite fearful to expose his powers,lest he be the only person to have them. Keeping his gaze on Jenna, giving her his full attention. Speaking on her own memories it seemed that a type of amnesia was a similar trait they all had. Ending her input Jenna said " I doubt we were all plucked off the street at random.", leaving Sidney placing his hand over his mouth to hide a smirk. He did not follow that part of the system, while his memory was fuzzy, he was just some guy they pulled out of a s__t hole bar. Why did picked him was something he didn't know, nor cared.

The next voice to come was the girl to his right, Little Ms stuck up. "Great… What else do you have to say?" Sidney thought to himself as she commenced to speak to the group once again. While spoke she began to point to the male named Clark, and the female named Violet to accompany her on an exploration trip. Something didn't sit right about Eden's little plan in his mind, something fishy and wrong or maybe it was the new surroundings. Soon after Sidney's train to thought was broke when his eye meet with Eden's as she made a public that she didn't want his input. Her reason, " that she was now in a group" and to him that was completely bull s__t. " I'm not going to ' shut up' just because you say so. What's so difficult to understand about ALL of us staying in a group, or are you just so ignorant enough to not realize there is power in numbers? Or are you hiding something from us, so far as all of us know you were the first one to wake up. If the people who put us here wanted us to either be alone or to rip each other's throats out then they would have positioned us to do so." It was clear in his tone that he was not happy nor appreciated being publicly humiliated, he'd go as far to say Eden was scoping out the place to get away from everyone else.

With anger in his gut and the grinding of bones in his body Sidney couldn't help but move away from Eden before he did something which he'd later regret. Moving back to the side of the room he originally woke up in, which to him wasn't far enough way from Eden. However the moment Eden, Clark, and Violet left the room his anger began to diminish at a pace which began to allow him to think about the situation he was in. The silence was broken by a new voice, that of a female's. This voice was new, from a girl he hadn't noticed. Sitting down on the floor with his back against the wall Sidney looked up and turned his attention to her. One of the first words she spoke was what got his attention; alcohol man he could totally go for a drink right about now. But as Sidney began to listen to her continue to speak, it was easy to tell she was just as ignorant as any pre-teen. The typical narcissistic, self-centered piece of meat. At least with Eden, she had a brain to her and knew who to target and who to trust, this girl was just looking for a mirror to fix her bra and hair. " I hope you realize we are in a BUILDING Blythe, there aren't any streams in a building.Not to mention there isn't a hell after this, we are in hell. Now I recommend you think before you speak, because for all we know we have a limited amount of oxygen in this room. Me personally I would throughly enjoy it if you worried less about your external features and worry about what you learned in school. Oh and knowing how to look "beautiful" or how to give head doesn't count." His tone was filled with annoyance with Blythe's comment's. The one thing that made him extremely angry with any situation was someone so stupid that they wasted the air around them. Someone that ignorant had to try to be the stupid in his eyes, and it seemed that was the only thing that Blythe knew how to be and do.

"That's why we can't all stay here, unless your special... powers can conjure us some basic necessities," Cole immediately cut in. Sydney seemed more stressed than any of them, and while Cole could relate to the fact that, yes, perhaps they were in hell, he couldn't agree with his approach to the situation. "We need to be a team here, so put aside your disdain for now, won't you? Let's get a plan and move with it- sitting here and throwing insults won't solve anything." His mismatched irises met with Sidney's blood red ones, and for an intense moment, he wanted nothing more than to clock the everliving shit out of the man. Cole stopped the violent thought and pushed it out of his mind, exhaling in visible attempt at calming his own growing nerves. Collected, he turned away, dreading his next suggestion. "Come and scout with us, power in numbers, right?

Everyone had plans, and most of them did make sense, she might even go so far to say that they were good plans. But cole was right, everyone needed to agree on a plan and just go with it. "So the plan is, and I suppose this is up for debate because were working together here, split into two groups. Us three, meaning me Clark and violet, will find food and water if it's around. The rest of you are going to scout out the place, get the layout, see what else you can find." Eden said, half thinking out loud, half talking to the group. "The only thing that is not up for debate is that at this moment we are not going outside. We all are it's too dangerous right now."

Eden looked at each person, waiting to see some kind of response that indicated agreement. It was a good enough plan for right now, and that was all they needed. They couldn't stay in this room forever. The whole outside thing could be easily fixed, Eden would be able to scout around the building without actually leaving the building. But she figured they could deal with that later. All she wanted to do now was get this plan in motion.

(They would be wearing like black shorts and teeshirts. Or variations of that. If you want your character to be wearing pants, or a long sleeve shirt, I don't care. It's just essentially what the extremist people wore in iron man 3 if you know what I'm talking about.)

The atmosphere was uncomfortable and palpable with annoyance, fear, uncertainty and anger. There was no doubt that most of that was directed at Sidney, the strange man who appeared to have a knack for pissing people off with his valiant, yet headstrong views. She currently had no objective as to which 'side' she would take, figuring that the best way for them all to find their answers was going to work itself out either way. If they did in deed split themselves up, they would have a better chance to discover new facts, but also, if they stayed together there was a better chance of their continued survival. Jenna had absolutely no idea if there was actually anything out there that could be potentially harmful to them, but as she wasn't sure of it, she had to be careful to assume the worst. The world had ended and they were all unaware of how it had come to be that way. Taking precautions could serve only to help them. Hopefully.

She remained quiet as the others fought between themselves and tensions rose. From her point of view, she had basically decided upon the roles that each person had already assumed in their little group. Eden, the leader. She seemed to be comfortable with coming up with all of the plans and knew more about the situation than all of them. Until experience would prove, Jenna couldn't be certain about whether or not she was going to be a good leader or not, but for the moment she found that she was comfortable. Jenna knew that she didn't know nearly enough about survival to keep them all alive, and she was perfect with being a follower. Sidney, the trouble-maker. The man had already begun to form disagreements with members of the group, and garnered an unfortunate reputation. They all probably thought he was being an ass who just wanted to take complete control. That might not be too far from the truth, but the man had listened respectfully to her as she described her point of the situation. She found that she didn't mind him too much, that he was probably just as nervous about their lives as the rest of them were but she also knew that if he didn't relax somewhat with everyone else, it was very possible that a fight could actually begin. That would be a terrible event for them all.

Blythe, the attention seeker. A woman obsessed with her beauty and being the centre of everyone's worlds. Jenna figured that she wasn't going to have the best time now in this new world. Society and it's views were all gone and survival had risen. She would have to learn very soon to coexist with everyone else, else she might just be left behind. Violet and Cole though, she weren't exactly sure about who they were. The others were clear cut, and almost stereotypical in their actions and words. Those two however hadn't done too much to make a difference on the inhabitents of the room than to increase the tension. She would have to watch out for them. "I'm fine with scouting. I think that getting out of this room would be good for everyone. Although, I would still like to go in a group. Call me paranoid." Jenna laughed softly, trying to ease the atmosphere a little. "Would anyone like to come with me?"

Violet quietly listened the others talking, not daring to interrupt their talk since it'd only worsen the present situation. Everyone's personality seemed to be either too different or too similar, for some of them. This, she knew, could go well when people learned to collaborate and work with each other, which clearly wasn't the case for the moment. She did her best to keep herself from having bad opinions of these people. After all, they weren't there to fight and insult each other, but to rebuild the world altogether. For now, she thought best of Jenna and Cole, and didn't think much of the others, except Eden, whose ideas were intelligent. She should wait and learn to know them better in calmer situations. "We'll need weapons before we can even imagine going outside. Think about it. We have no indication of how much time the world spent without human activity, which means no more pollution, so more vegetation and better conditions for animal breeding," the girl stated when the subject went about going outside. "We should find bags and everything we need for survival. I'm pretty sure the people who put us asleep thought about leaving the necessary. So Group one could go for weapons and survival necessary while Group two could go explore the building and look how to get out of here and Group three searches for food and water," She suggested.

Clark followed suit with Eden. After all the tension in the room, there was no way he would stay in there. He had enough with drama, since the memories of his mother passing flooded back to him. As he walked out of the room, he remembered their talk of powers... What was his exactly? He scorched the bedrail, and his heat flooded in and out of his hands... Maybe that was it... Maybe he controls heat? He thought to himself humorously, "Probably should've taken the heat out of the room... Hahaha..." He smiled. Looking to Eden and Violet, "Food and water it is."

The light from outside felt so refreshing...

"Alright, good plan, everyone just go do...whatever it is your going to do." Eden said and then quickly exited the room with Clark and Violet. They walked along the hall for a while, but there want much to see in the building. She figured they would just stop in any rooms that looked interesting. "Okay, so how do I explain this efficiently?" Eden said to Clark. "Were all something called blooms, we volunteered for this and so were not actually us, were just versions of us with our old memories, but I actually don't remember mine... And then they put us to sleep. And were programmed to wake up when everyone on earth dies. And we all have powers. You follow?" Eden knew that wasn't the best explanation, but it was the shortest one she could come up with.

Carnegie's eyes drifted open. For a moment, the world was an inconsequential blur, getting in the way of his fading dreams, but voices soon jolted him awake. He briefly caught onto three figures before they left through the door. He pushed himself up, finding his feet bare. Finding no other options, he power-walked towards the hall, in search of anything and anyone that could give him answers to...anything.

He stalked behind the figures for a while, trying to focus on his hearing. Judging by hair length, there were two girls and one boy. One girl had long, deep brown hair that ended in curls around her elbows and the other's was straight and black. They didn't say much of use as they explored through the building that he had woken up in, sometimes going into rooms and looking around. He always found ways to hide.

"...Were programmed to wake up when everyone on earth dies. And we all have powers. You follow?"

"What?" The word burst out his mouth before he could think.

OOC: I hope you guys don't mind me starting by describing other character's actions. It just seemed like the best fit.

Blythe simply stretches again, rolling her neck to crack it as she watches the people leave. She pushes her weight forwards and begins walking, following those who had left the room already. She brushes herself down, taking in stock of what she was wearing. She seemed to almost radiate heat, if anyone stood beside her they would notice that. She could be a personal heater, if anyone could put up with her long enough. She liked doing things to draw attention to herself. Absent parents and being an only child does that to someone.

((Wow that is short I'm really sorry ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Violet watched their surroundings, looking at every door and wall. How much time had they slept? Were there really no more humans on Earth? Could they catch the virus too? So many unanswered questions, but they still had a lot of time for that. "Eden? Don't you think there should be information records somewhere in this building? The guys who put us to sleep must have left them somewhere," She asked, when she heard someone behind them. She turned around quickly, ready to block some kind of attack. She then recognized that this blonde boy was one of them, judging by his clothing.

He jumped when the brown-haired girl turned around with a start. As the tiny hit of adrenaline faded away, he reached up and rested his fingertips on his temple. "I didn't mean to startle you," he said calmly, locking eyes with the girl. "I just happened to over-hear your conversation. I believe we might be here for the same reason."

Reason? he thought. What reason? He grabbed uselessly at the answers in his mind, just out of his reach.

Clark still didn't remember anything, but this explanation is as good as any, so he accepted it. He just felt that Eden was an honest person, and his intuition never failed him before. He nods in response. "I guess you're right..." Somehow, he easily came to grip with the death of the world... Maybe it was his positive demeanor, maybe it was his transferrence of memories to another body... On the other hand, he was getting a handle on his abilities, as he felt the body heat radiating from Carnegie as he approached at the same time Violet heard his footsteps.

"Apparently... We are the new Adams and Eves, I reckon." he concluded in response to Carnegie. "But chill out man. It's dangerous." He bursts his hand on fire in front of him for symbolism, then quickly it is extinguished. "It could get heated in this place."

Carnegie's eyes drifted to Clark's burning hand. He couldn't help the faintest of grins creeping onto his face. "Ah, so what's that?" he asked. "Fire manipulation, maybe? Whatever it is- it isn't half bad." He looked at Clark again. "Either way, it should be useful. We can't be sure what's out there- humans weren't the only beasts causing mayhem, after all." He effortlessly painted a smile onto his face.

Humans.

Humans- he remembered them. Everywhere, littering the streets. Why did they turn such a blind eye to him? Except...except there were a few. A few he was fond of.

Where were they now?

Blythe walks up between the two conversing, eyes dropping to the man's flaming hand."Pretty nice power," she remarks sarcastically, smirking. When the flame extinguishes, Blythe shrugs slightly as the flames stop giving her already unnatural eyes an eerie glow."fire is basically the best thing you can have," she says bluntly, giving both of the men a once-over as she speaks."It keeps you warm, it cooks your food, it cooks your enemies too. It's better than any stupid water powers or anything else." Her attention snaps to the one who had the flaming hand, she had an attention span like that, zipping from one thing to another."I know I have fire, I can just feel it. It's a given because of how great I look, obviously. Sssssmokin' hot." She was of course being sarcastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back