• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Last Light (Started, BLACK MAGE OR MARKSMAN NEEDED)

Also, feel free to make your character design as medieval or as modern as you would like. In my case, my character definitely has modern influences over their appearance, but it would be interesting to see the influence of technology on fantastical armor.

While we're discussing so much on the interest check, I'm going to go ahead and open the OOC chat to all members with questions. It will be easier to answer questions that way.

However, interested members may still post here before submitting a character application, though it is not required.

It's been awhile sense I have posted, but this seems like a pretty awesome idea! I'm very interested in being a white mage. I had a quick question though. I was glancing through your CS marshmarrow marshmarrow and saw you have a tourniquet as a item. I was curious, if I make a white mage could I combine elements of magical and modern medicine? So if I were to heal someone's wounds magicly would they be completely healed? Or would they still need sutures and dressings for larger wounds?

It's been awhile sense I have posted, but this seems like a pretty awesome idea! I'm very interested in being a white mage. I had a quick question though. I was glancing through your CS marshmarrow marshmarrow and saw you have a tourniquet as a item. I was curious, if I make a white mage could I combine elements of magical and modern medicine? So if I were to heal someone's wounds magicly would they be completely healed? Or would they still need sutures and dressings for larger wounds?

Medical professionals still exist in this world, and as a white mage starting out, you will be able to heal non-fatal injuries. Skeletal fractures, disease and infection, however, are very difficult to heal with magic because they are caused by bacteria or require precision in order to heal correctly. Numbing the pain of an injury could also be considered a simple spell. So, yes, combining modern medicine with magic is an excellent way of healing.

I’m rather busy irl so I’d like to reserve a spot too. Since my character is kinda destined to be a mage and WM is taken, I guess I’ll take a BM.

There are two spots available for each class!
I'm updating spots left with reserve requests, but no military class is full yet.

marshmarrow marshmarrow I’m still deciding. WM is definitely easier to write but BM is also somewhat challenging to make a personality out of my character idea. Since I won’t be posting my character so soon (at least not before this Sunday) I will wait to see some characters before deciding.

Heads-up here for interested members.

The roleplay has already started, yes, but have no fear! I plan on creating another point within the roleplay for new members to join after the first fight has ended. I will notify both this thread and the OOC thread when it happens. You'll know this point when you see it, as will all the members with currently accepted characters. However, after this happens, I WILL STOP ACCEPTED NEW APPLICATIONS after going the ones posted before the next event in the plot. I don't yet know approximately when I plan on making the shift, but it will be soon.

That being said, I am currently narrowing down my policy as far as the number of members in each class. There are/were 2 available positions in each of the 6 classes, making a total of 16 possible spots, but I will remind you all that I am only accepting 8 members. We currently have 5 and a reserve. For the remaining two available positions, I am prioritizing applications for black mages and marksmen. There are no black mages in the roleplay and I would just like another marksman before moving ahead.

By prioritizing, I mean that I am no longer accepting any more applications or reservations for positions aside from black mages and marksmen. If you don't already have a reserve or a pending application at the time of this post, you are unfortunately out of luck.

I apologize if this is an inconvenience to anyone, but I would like to see these positions filled before really getting into the main plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back