• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Last Dragon {Ask Permission Before Joining.}

"ok thanks" i say. they will most likely ask why i wanted to know but then i hear a growl... its not me. as soon as i hear it i feel a weapon in my hand, a blue dragonfire sword with a bedrock handle, and get ready to fight

I watched as Val sauntered outside and stuck my tongue out at his back. I considered joining him; there were still questions to be asked and I had a feeling he possessed the answers. For example, what was the concern with the full moon? I knew it posed a threat to were creatures; they transformed violently on full moons, and could take down an entire town in one night. Unfortunately, I had witnessed it once.

I didn't get the chance though; he was back within minutes, with what I assumed to be good news; no full moon. Not for several more days. I was about to pose a question to Zero when she stiffened and a weapon appeared in her hand; a large sword shrouded in blue fire.

I tensed as well, slingshot at the ready. I had learned in this short amount of time to trust Zero's instincts; her senses were impeccable. I looked towards the entrance to the cave. I couldn't see past it, and that still made me extremely nervous.

I moved closer to the others; as much as I disliked the proximity to Val, we would stand a better chance together.

"What is it?" I whispered to Zero. I didn't have to talk to him. Just fight with him.

"val will know him... its repulse..." i say growling "we should leave the cave so they don't know its here" i say and the wings that lillythe and ember turned into turn back to the creatures they were

valkararterio.png

"I don't know anyone by that name, Zero." Val murmured lowly, unsheathing his axes once more and scooting further in with Sprite and the dragon creature. "Which way is it coming from? Won't it be fooled by your magic?" He asked in a rather confused tone. What else was immune to dragon tricks? There weren't many known to be unphased by the glamour. Actually, in all his time riding, he'd never even heard of something like that that wasn't a dragon rider.
Val cast a curious look at the wispy creatures protruding from Zero's back, and set his defensive stance, adjusting his grip on his weapons. The urge to give a war cry and run at the potential danger was extremely strong, but the dragon seemed to be severely wary of "Repulse."
Something that frightened a dragon... most definitely frightened Val as well. Not that he'd ever admit it.
"What will we do, attack, or run?"

Last edited:
"we should leave the cave and hide, it took a while to make the cave..." i say knowing how he will get me to come with him... "and repulse... is valdores right hand..." i say getting ready to bolt out of there...

Lumarian, The Sordid.
Species: Scorpion
Overview:

Lumarian was just a normal, regular, twelve foot long giant death scorpion. But even this seemingly normal creature, housed a dark secret within his scaly dont-touches and his deadly bulbous death-poker. On nights of the full moon, His ordinary giant pincers recede down to something more sinister, revealing his true nature as a were-human. for the entire night, he would become a human being, a young adult male, thankfully retaining his consciousness through this terrible curse.

As he was of a particular breed of Giant death scorpion, He could be expected to live hundreds of years, reaping death gallantly with fervor, making certain that all is right in the world. But these rare nights of humanity were a torturous experience, where he was at his most vulnerable. Who put this curse on him? How can he become affixed to his permanent form?

Nothing would stop Lumarian from exposing the truth.

He scuttled along, his six powerful legs digging into the earth, churning it in his stride. Lumarian stopped at the entrance of a cave, peering impossibly far into it where he detected a faint hostility. Still far off from the three, he raised his claws upwards and exclaimed, "MORTALS! I am Lumarian, the sordid, destroyer of shrubs, conqueror of shady places to rest, and you shall not be under threat of my impressive power if you wisely do not threaten my lenghty existence! " being that he was incapable of human dialect, the whole string of language came out as enthusiastically morbid screeching. But as he talked, he realized that deeper within the cave, was a source of water. And being quite thirsty, he scuttled in easily. He was careful not to mince the earth and disturb or intimidate the trio of animals that stood before him. He came forward and stopped when he saw that all their eyes had focused on himself. They looked tense. Lifting a massice pincher, he pointed at them, and then motioned his claw to the side, inviting them to stand aside that he might enter the cave beside them and go quench his thirst.

I was about to agree with Zero; I was all for fleeing. I didn't know what a Repulse was, but if it was enough to frighten Zero, it was enough to terrify me. I could tell that Val was feeling uneasy as well, as much as he tried to hide it. Yes, running away seemed like the best option for now.

I made a move towards the cave entrance; I couldn't see it but I knew it was there and it was the only way out. I didn't get far, though. I'd only taken a single step when out of nowhere a massive scorpion scuttled through the mouth of the cave, making a horrible racket. It's incessant screeching made my ears ring.

It stopped just inside the entrance and fell silent. It noticed the three of us noticing it. It was huge, but for some reason it didn't seem overly threatening. It raised one of its pincers and made an odd motion, almost as if it was asking us to please move aside. I could almost hear the 'please'.

I looked at Val and Zero, confused. "What IS that?" I asked them. "Should we attack it?"

i kept thinking, i sensed that it wouldent harm us "no don't attack it" i say i keep thinking... normally my instincts are never wrong... i then realized, its coming earley, i bolt out of there and keep running as i transform to a dragon again and my fire burns brighter than ever

valkararterio.png

"Oh...my...gods..." Val rasped. That was twice today.
Staring wide eyed at the gigantic creature before them, the axes felt 30 pounds heavier in his hands; one slipped out onto the ground, making a loud & echoing clanging sound against the stone. Val jumped at the sharp noise, and glanced down, seeing his weapon on the ground. Swiftly reaching to curl his hand around the hilt, a horrific and nightmarish shrieking pierced his ears; the sound was magnified by thousands in the deep cave. Val's heart jumped into his throat, and he began to cough violently, choking on his own fear. In all of this, he dropped the ax again; Val tried to pick it up once more, finally succeeding.
Wide eyed and stunned, he glanced at Zero's disappearing form just as the halfling began to rush toward the monster; he called to her, "No, wait!"
He then saw her finally see it; it was coming straight at her. Drawing his arm back in a rushed form to launch his weapon, he pulled a muscle in his shoulder; that would pain him severely later on. The ax met the creature's physical defenses with another loud clank, bouncing backward and falling pathetically to the ground. The melody of defeat.
Val scrambled aside due to the quick approach of the monster, making sure to keep a careful eye on Sprite. It seemed like the scorpion was attempting communication with its humongous claws, motioning them aside. The confused warrior furrowed his brow, and locked eyes with the halfling. So much was happening. None of it made sense.
"I don't think we'd stand a chance." He answered her, sidestepping over while glancing at the... ultimately harmless, death scorpion, "Zero made a quick escape, should we go locate her?" He trailed off openly, eyes still wide and wild. Val would adore some sort of method of action here, but what are you even supposed to try to do, when you're thrown into a situation like this?

Last edited:
The monster screeched in a high pitched shrill, and hurried on, scurrying with as much childlike glee as can be expressed by hellish skittering. He thought of stopping to peer into the eyes of the one who had thrown his weapon, but had become quite thirsty from their standoff. Luminaria dipped into the lush mineral pools that laid in the back of the cave, keeping a suspicious eye and wonderous curiosity towards the others. From the pitch dark. He decided to follow them for now. Perhaps being around the old magic he sensed with them might bring him closer to answers, and lifting his curse..

I watched helplessly as Val struggled with the creature but it was no use; his axes couldn't penetrate the hard exoskeleton. Not like they needed to. Zero had said it wouldn't harm us, and I was inclined to believe her. Sure enough, once Val dropped his weapon, the creature scuttled on by, screeching to all hell and back. I covered my ears and watched as it scurried over to the deep pool in the far reaches of the cave and drank deeply.

"See?" I said to Val, unable to suppress my laughter. "It was just thirsty!" I doubled over, my body shaking, picturing Val's futile attempt to keep the creature from getting a drink. "You big oaf!" I laughed harder. It was too funny.

My laughter subsided then, and my thoughts went to Zero. She had rushed out of here in a flurry, engulfed in flames. I was beginning to learn that young dragons were very unpredictable.

I turned towards Val then. "Do you know what happened to her?" I was referring to Zero, and I sincerely hoped he was smart enough to figure that out. He was the resident expert on dragons, as much as I hated to admit it; if anyone knew what was up it was him. "Should we go look for her? Is it safe?" I asked him. "I mean, we're in no danger here."

I started laughing again as I waited for him to respond. The mental image... oh my goodness. It was just too funny. I vowed to never let him live that down.

I growled and kept trying to suppress the feeling I didn't want to hurt. I felt my eyes go from blue to a blood red just like my fire I feel my rage grow and I growl and roar. my scales turn to purple and I fill with rage. I roar and it can be heard from miles. I try to use telepathy to Delia HELP THE CHANGE ITS EARLY I........CANT ................. CONTROL.................................. I forget EVERYTHING and start traveling back to the cave, slowly, to kill everything

Last edited:
valkararterio.png

Val rolled his eyes at the halfling, pursing his lips and eyeing her with anything but amusement; he gazed off in the direction of the scorpion, shaking his head. The man exhaled softly, and then threw his arms up at the still laughing mini-elf. I couldn't have looked that campy, right?
"It's a giant death scorpion, you glorified imp!" He exclaimed with exasperation.
Hoping to avoid any close-quarter wounds, he leapt from his spot toward his defeated ax. Val shot a sly grin back at the girl as he rose, expecting some sort of attack due to his offensiveness.

At her questions, the warrior gave a light grimace, shaking his head at her, "Unfortunately, I'm not sure what happened. If I was more emotionally attached to Zero I would be able to judge her reason for flight, though I would say going to look for her is a good step. When my Lily was a baby, her main reason for running off was to chase something enticing that she sensed in the distance." He elucidated, getting lost in thought for a small moment.
Raising his eyebrows in his own sort of entertained expression, Val crossed his arms and observed the joyous thing.
"Your laugh is equivalent to elvish wind chimes, I'd say."

Last edited:
I try to stop laughing but I can't. I don't even feel overly offended by Val's obvious insult; in fact it just makes me laugh that much harder.

"You should have seen it!" I exclaim, out of breath from laughing so hard. "Oh my gosh it was great!" I snicker, trying to reign myself in. It's a struggle, but I manage to subdue my laughter into sporadic giggles.

I watch as he jumps towards his axe, obviously trying to startle me. It didn't work though; he lost his intimidation factor when he tried, and failed, to beat up a big thirsty bug. I just wink at him, smirking at his disappointment.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the answers I am looking for. I didn't think Zero was off on a hunt; it seemed as if there was more to it.

I shrug, about to make some comment about him not being good for much, when all of a sudden I hear Zero's voice fill my mind.

"Help! The change... it's early!"
she practically screamed in my head. It startled me so badly that I dropped my slingshot, grabbing onto Val's arm. I was too concerned to even be disgusted by touching him.

"It's Zero! She's changing again! Val! She said the change is coming early and she can't control it! What does that mean? She doesn't sound like herself.." I trail off, scared as well. This is all uncharted territory; yet again I have no idea what is happening.

I hear a roar then, a loud one; she's close. I don't hear her voice in my mind anymore.

I look at Val. "Are we safe? What should we do? Is Zero okay?"

Last edited:
I growl waiting for whatevers in my cave to come out, anything in there would devinitiy notice or smell my fire.

Luminaria Scuttled to them, standing by them and observing outward toward the entrance of the cave. He heard the dragons roars and had felt the change it had gone through. "Hey, you guys, you should come back too the dark side of the cave with me. where it wont find us." The words came out to sound more accurately like "SCreeeeee..." A sound he made while pointing his claws at the lot of them, then out toward the dragon, followed by a lifting dragging motion toward the dark back of the cave he had just returned from. He wondered if he should drag the meat bags back there rather than letting them become roasted meatbags... The dragon didn't seem keen on coming to them, and if it did and they had to fight, the water would provide a better arena.

help.......trying.......cant.......must...... I say to both of them, val and delia. I see a fox and kill it, its blood covers me and boils due to my fire. NO I....no... I say going closer to the cave with regret in my vloice

valkararterio.png

Val narrowed his eyes once he saw the instant shift in the halfling's demeanor, and went the slightest bit rigid himself. Tilting his head to the side in curiosity, he was about to ask what was the matter when she threw a death grip onto his bicep. Almost panicking at the sudden action, the man gave a scarce tug back on her hold, just before she began to babble in an extremely distressed tone.
"O-oh!" He bit his lip hard in an attempt to think harder; he realized there was an unmanageable & slaughterous dragon on the loose. The roar now registered in Val's own mind, and he heard a severely aggravating skittering sound approaching them. "S-sprite," he looked her dead in the eyes, a grim tone laced throughout his next statement, "We can't help Zero right now... she's out for blood, and uncontrollable." He lifted his attention to the enormous creature that was currently screaming at them, wincing at the awful sound it made. It seemed as if it was trying to communicate with them again. It wants us to hide...? He figured/wondered.
Val looked back at the halfling and placed his hand over one of hers, pulling her toward the same direction the scorpion beast motioned to, "He's got... It's got a good idea. This way, into the water."

Last edited:
I go in the cave,one side of me normal and the other red. no I wont but you want to no no no no no no help, no don't tell them! you might know this mix SHUT UP once my evil side says that it scratches my eye that im not trying to kill people I cant bhold it off much longer............. grab water to weaken me and keep doing it, get a platter and mix nighshroom, nightwillow and water ive got ev...rything in the back hurry and get me to... drink it. I say to val. I cant help it as the evil takes over and my scratched eye turns blood red. I roar and growl and start scratching the wall, I go to my safe spot in the cave, the one place that is full of fire. a few seconds later I leave and transform to my human form and walk out and the spirits I had were inside me and I had demons forcing me to do this, people would notice beacouse two demons are following me, and one is possessing me.. I pull out my now red dragonfire sword.

Last edited:
Loomy backed off a tinge, and scooped up the other two quickly in their claws, before they could complain too much. He held them draped over the bottom while the top remained extended. Being careful not to bisect them, he gracefully dumped them into the water, whipping around to slash through a small meadow that had grown by the water, chopping down multitudes of nightwillow and nightshroom. He scuttled back into the water, enjoying the feeling of it running over his back again. He wasn't sure how he could mix the things together, let alone feed the mixture to the dragon without killing it... He pondered this as he watched the others, now mostly submerged in the pool.

My blood ran cold at Val's words.

"An uncontrollable dragon out for blood? That is not an ideal situation to be in. What are we going to do?" I whispered, trying my best to quiet. My eyes were wide with fear as I looked at him, waiting for an answer. He would know what to do. He had to. He had experience.

The overgrown bug in the water began to make a lot of noise just then and it seemed like Val understood it, because he told me, "It's got a good point," and said to get into the water. How on earth did you get that from all that screeching? I wondered to myself. I didn't have much time to think about it though, because at that moment the noisy thing picked us up and dumped us in the pool!

I gasped with shock, the water was icy cold, but it seemed like they both thought it was the safest thing to do so I decided to stay put and keep quiet. The bug scuttled around chopping up grass and then joined us. I wasn't sure what it was doing, but I didn't question it. I don't speak scree. I just waited, hiding in the water with only my eyes and nose above the surface, hoping we would somehow make it out of this situation mostly intact.

valkararterio.png

Val's head went fuzzy, his vision almost black as Zero spoke to him. It was a tainted voice, the presence in his mind almost painful. The ingredients for a severely intense healing potion surfaced in his mind, and suddenly he was freed from the grip of a demonic conscience.
Shaking his head, the man looked around wildly, relishing in his sight. COLD.
"A-ah!" Val looked down, realizing he had been dropped in a pool of - what felt like - ice water. Some sort of greenery floated his way... Squinting at it, he made out the herbs Zero had just mentioned to him. Jerking his attention toward the giant death scorpion, he furrowed his brow once more; he had been making that face a lot lately. Tending to the herbs immediately, he nodded a 'thank you' at the beast, and glanced at the halfling.
"Sprite." He whispered, motioning for her to come closer, Come here. Help me. His eyes read. They had to work fast... he had absolutely no idea what Zero was doing right now, or how close she was. How dangerous he was. A wave of responsibility for the two crashed into him (Responsibility for an over-sized scorpion? Probably an unnecessary feeling.); it made his anxiety skyrocket... but his mind reeled, thinking of how they would mix the plants and get Zero to ingest it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back