• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Last Argument (Reserved for MokaChan)

((Sorry I don't have the stuff saved previously from these parts. I'll try to get them added when I can get on my pc.))
The rest of the crime scene went by in a blur, Sebastian doing his what was expected off him automatically. He could barely understand what was going on, brain having zoned out about halfway through. No doubt people noticed, but for maybe the first time in his life, the cop was too far gone to care. He slowly got worse as time progressed, eventually having to sit down on the nearby curb. Nearby watchers would have seen a man strong as an oak growing paler by the minute, slurring his words and forgetting how to stand up. Still, he guided his team correctly though the entire procedure, gathering the evidence, cross-referencing with crimes which had come before and consulting with the ME.

It was at that point Sebastian got in trouble. The ME was a tall woman with white-blond hair, chalky skin, and a personality which didn’t match her profession. Instead of wearing the standard lab coat and having her hair tied back, she had on a fuzzy pink sweater and sweatpants, huge hoop earring and a gold chain around her neck. “Yo,” she called out, making her way to where Sebastian had sat down. “I know you’re technically not part of the crime scene or anythin’, but, uh, you look sick, my man.” Sebastian looked up, seeing her but not really processing. “Afternoon. May I help you?”

Without asking or waiting for permission, the chick plopped herself sown on his lap and took a long, sweeping look which normally would have made Seb squirm. Now, it simply got him curious. “Hello. What can I do for you?” The ME clicked her tongue, raising a hand to silence him. “Your pupils have dilated, you’re havin’ truble speakin’, and I’m willin’ to bet that you won’t be able to walk straight if I sit you up right now.”

The cop found that way funnier than he should have. “I usually have trouble walking straight,” he confessed with a laugh. “You being a I'm uncultured has nothing to do with this,” she sighed, putting a hand on his forehead and checking his temperature. Sebastian didn’t flinch. “When was the last time you ate or drank something? Did you sleep last night? Do you have any medical conditions relevant to the situation? Did you do any drugs in the past couple hours? If so, what?” Sebastian chocked out another laugh, this one a bit hysterical rather than amused. “Would you please get off me?” Very carefully, the bigger man put his hands on her hips and lifted her off, setting her on the sidewalk. “I ate lunch yesterday, yes, I got 8 hours last night, no, not relevant to the situation, and I took a whole bunch of Advil about an hour ago.”

The ME gave a sort of whine at being put down. “Do you have the bottle with you?” Sebastian handed the medicine over obediently and watched her though half lidded eyes as she unscrewed the top and peaked inside. “Haha!” she shouted, getting a startled flinch out of everyone around her. “This ain’t Advil, buddy. For a cop, you’re not very observant, are you?” Sebastian couldn’t be bothered to flush. “Bruh, this is medical grade tranquilizer. How many did you take?”

“Five, I think.” The ME’s eyebrows shot up. “Who the fuck pops five Advils in one go?” Sebastian rose a shaky hand, along with one of the other ME, who’d been listening in. She gave an annoyed sigh before stuffing the pills in her pocket. “Then you should know what it looks like, for God’s sake! Since when is Advil a bright green square?” She turned to her partner and showed him one of the pills she’d fished out of the tube. “Oh yeah, that’s the good stuff. Pop two and you’re out for a day.”

“Good news is, you’re not gonna die. Bad news is, if five of those didn’t knock you out or get you hallucinating, I feel bad for your doctor if you ever get hurt. She’ll have to choose between letting you die, operating on you without anesthesia or killing your liver.” And then she swaggered away, back to the body. The other ME, a tall British fellow with a messy beard and olive skin, gave him a concerned look. “Bro, go home. And drink a lot of water. Try to purge, if nothing else. You’ll feel better.”

“What are you talking about? I’m fine.” Sebastian attempted to get up, only to give up half way, as any minute movement made the world spin violently. The British fellow waved one of the boys on his team over, Sebastian couldn’t tell which one, and started speaking faster than the cop’s muddled mind could follow. “You guys are done, right? They are loading up the body, you already looked around the crime scene. Can you take him home? He shouldn’t be alone right now. Plus, I have a feeling if the big man sees him like this, he’ll make him take a week of work.”

《¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤》

William had followed his instructions after he and Bella had gotten out of the car. The two of them were worried for their captain, but they weren't sure what to do with him in the current situation. Splitting away from the young medic, Will had walked towards the front door of the house and as he was talking with one of the forensic staff, he felt a tap on his shoulder. The young man turned and there stood Bella, her expression showed a bit of relief.

"William," she began as he turned to face her completely. "The captain took some more of medical tranquilizers thinking that they were Advil pills."

Will's brown brows shot up and he exclaimed a shocked, "What??"

As Bella had opened her mouth to continue, one of the other medics spoke up and waved them over. The two rookies moved towards their seated captain and the medic. As the older male had asked if one of them could take him home, Will was quick to speak up, "Yeah, I can do it. I knew something what was wrong with him... Oh wait-!" He turned to face young female, his expression worried, "Bella, how will you get home? I can pick you up after I drop Captain Anderson..."

The brunette simply smiled up at him and shook her head. "No, no. It's okay. You'll have a lot to handle dealing with the captain. I cam ride the bus, or call the PD. It's no problem. Besides, I want to be able to watch and learn more being with the other medics for now. It'll be a good learning experience for me."

Will was reluctant, but he nodded. Inhaling a deep breath, the cop turned to the older man and held out his hand to him. He waited a second before he changed his mind and his held out hand was tucked underneath Sebastian's underarm, while the free hand had lifted and pulled the captain's arm to be hung over his neck. Will grunted a bit as he had the officer lean against him and he was a little shocked by how heavy the man was.

"C'mon, captain. Let's get you home," Will grunted out as he began to slowly walk towards the vehicle.

Bella followed close behind them and she quickly moved in front of them to open the back seat door. Will removed the man's arm from over his neck and carefully helped the captain in the back seat. Will waited until his feet were in before he shut the door. He turned to the medic who had spoken to them earlier and asked, "Uh, I actually don't know where Captain Anderson lives... If you know his address, I can put it in my phone and find it that way. Worst comes to worst, I could take him to my place. It won't bother me any."

《¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤》

Sebastian was too out of it to complain when one of the paramedics dug through his pocket and pulled out his phone. The British fella got in instantly (he didn’t have a password) and within seconds, he had Sebastian’s home address up. “Here,” the man said, handing the phone to Will. Despite Sebastian’s half-assed protests, soon enough they were at his house.

The officer fumbled with the keys for a while in the most embarrassing way, but at that point in time, he really didn’t give a damn. The door swung open to reveal an immaculate apartment. Seb’s home was minimalist at best, the only thing taking up space in his living room being a punching bag and a set of two hundred pound weights. Hell, there wasn’t even a carpet in most places. And chairs to sit on or at least a table? Forget about it. The only place which seemed remotely comfortable was the captain’s desk, which consisted of an old computer, a framed picture of him and Alex, and a pile of his team’s files. Nothing else. His kitchen? It was even worse. Seb owned exactly three plates, cups, sets of cutlery, and bowls. And a mug inscripted with “Let’s get something straight: I’m not”, which sat on the edge of the sink, still half filled with a brownish liquid which could be identified as extremely weak coffee.

“I’m home,” he called out with a sad chuckle, knowing full well there was absolutely no one to answer him. Toeing off his shoes before walking in, Seb padded over to the kitchen and hopped up on the counter, downing the coffee in one go. “Sorry,” he said, not knowing exactly what he was apologizing for. That Will had to drive him home? That his apartment was creepy and there was nowhere to sit, so the guy was left standing awkwardly at the door? That he was an imbecile, and didn’t know what Advil looked like? So may options. “Bah, come in. Can I get you a drink? And by drink, I mean water, coffee, orange juice, or tea, because I don’t have own any alcohol.” Yeah. He was that guy.

Being surrounded by familiar things, the cop seemed to be a lil more coherent, although he was borderline hallucinating by that point. For example, he was fairly certain Alex was standing beside Will, holding his ever present ps3 controller, and smirking at what a mess Seb had become. “Fuck off,” he muttered in Alex’s direction, going over to the windows and pulling the drapes. The one good thing about his house? It had a great view. Beyond the windows, a huge park extended, emerald green trees and birds chirping in their branches everywhere you looked.

He opened the window and then the net beyond it, grinning when Toothfull marched in like he owned the place. Toothfull was a purely black cat, save for a circle around his left eye, which made him look like he was wearing an eye patch. He had a thick coat which tended to leave fur everywhere, and pure green eyes, much like his father had. The lil bastard was Seb’s unofficial cat. He came and went as he pleased, showing up at random times and demanding to be scratched and fed. Now, he headed straight for Will and rubbed against his legs, meowing obnoxiously, practically ordering Sebastian’s recruit to pet him. “Merow!” he said, somehow ending up in William’s arms, although neither man had done anything to help him get there. “Meet Toothfull, son of Toothless,” Sebastian laughed, leaning against his windowsill. “My friend’s cat had a few kids, and this lil drama queen found his way to my house.”

《¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤》

As soon as they arrived at the apartment, Will helped the older male out of the car, and ignored his protests. He followed the other man to the front door and eventually inside, then he stopped short to look around. The place was barren and the brunette was caught a bit off guard. Questions full of curiosity filled his mind as he thought of why his captain would live without much of anything. His attention was brought back to the man when he had spoken an apology to him and Will lifted his shoulder to shrug, "Oh. It's..uh...no problem, Captain."

Honestly, I should be asking that question... Since he's obviously not in the right state of mind.

He quickly knelt down and began to untie the laces of his boots, then his hand gripped around the ankles of them. Carefully, he slipped the shoes off his feet, revealing white socks beneath them, and the leather on the bottoms squeaked slightly as he set them down. Hearing the captain mutter something, Will's head snapped up to look at him. Whatever he had said had been too soft for the younger male to hear and he blinked, not showing the slight confusion in his mind.

He had been paying so much attention to the raven haired male that he didn't realize a newcomer had strolled towards him, obviously wanting some much needed attention. The rookie grunted a bit in surprise as the feline practically threw itself in his arms and eventually he stood, a small grin on his lips.

Lightly rubbing the cat's head, in between the ears, and then eventually on its cheeks and under the chin, he stated softly, "Hey, there, little guy."

The cat began to purr loudly and Will flipped it to lay on it's back, against his left arm, thus held it like a baby. He glanced up at his captain a few times, hesitant to walk further within the empty apartment. Pressing his lips together, he slowly walked deeper into the room and came to a stop by Sebastian. Clearing his throat, he nodded his head towards the furball, "Toothful, huh? That's an interesting name. ...Do you like How To Train Your Dragon?" He glanced down at the cat, gave it a few more scratches, and continued, "I liked watching that movie and all the others after it. Still haven't watched the newest one yet, though..."

Will blinked as he bent over and was cautious while placing the cat onto the floor. Straightening up, he fixed his shirt some and focused his eyes on the older man, "So, what do I need to do to help you, Captain Anderson? I can get you some water-- you might have to tell me what cup you want... Uh... Are you hungry? I can get you something out, if you want me to." He fell silent a second before quickly adding, "And don't tell me not to do anything 'cause that paramedic told me to help you."

The rookie wasn't going to leave until he helped his captain, even if it was awkward as hell.

《¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤》

Sebastian gave a feeble laugh. “I’m fine, Mr. William, truly.” His words were somewhat contradicted by the fact he was leaning slightly against the wall, unable to stand on his own. “Thank you for driving me, I appreciate it. But despite the fact I’m a bit of a moron, I think I’ll be alright now.” He glared at Toothfull, crossing his arms in a way which was almost comical. “The bloody cat likes you,” the cop noted, not moving any closer out of fear of scaring the clawed fur ball. “Can’t believe he hasn’t scratched you yet…”

Toothfull was, well, full of fangs and wickedly sharp claws, and anger. So to see him purring, with all four paws in the air and pressing close to William? It was the cutest thing ever. Sebastian wasn’t ashamed to admit he was rather jealous. “Maybe I’m just not good with cats,” he mused, gesturing William further inside. “I assure you that the only thing which bites in this apartment is that animal your holding. And you seem to have rendered it docile, so I wouldn’t be overly worried. Come on then. If you must be here, at least make yourself as comfortable as you can, considering I live in a bloody jail cell.”

After putting the net back on the window, he pushed himself away from the wall, a lil unsteadily, unfortunately, and made his way back to where he’d put his bag. It was, as usual, filled with more paperwork he needed to complete by the next day. Pulling out the files with shaky hands, he nearly dropped them as his vision glazed over. Now that he was down, he didn’t know if he could get back up. He just...needed to sleep. It was obvious in his every move. But the damned files weren’t about to complete themselves, and if he couldn’t do them, what good was he? “Would you be so kind as to check if I have any mail?” The cop asked, pretending it was his intent to stay down and sort through the papers. He didn’t want Will to see him struggling to make it to his feet. As soon as the guy’s back was turned, he used the wall to pull himself up, papers in hand, head spinning.

Now what about Will? Well. Inside the mailbox, he found a USB drive. Nothing else. On the small data stick, there was a bit of yellow tape, on which dark sharpie letters could be seen. “Some fond memories” it read. On the back, it said “From an old friend”. Which was rather strange, for Sebastian didn’t have any friends to speak of. The cop didn’t seem to have noticed Will grab the stick, instead going over to his desk and dumping the paperwork on top of the mountain of recruit files. “This is awkward, isn’t it,” Sebastian noted. “I’m sorry. As you can see, I haven’t had guests in a longtime.” Or been invited anywhere. Ever. Everyone liked him, but not enough. So now Will was stuck, practically babysitting him. “Listen, William. You don’t needa stick around. I appreciate the concern, but I’m fine. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, alright? All is good.”

As Will had walked back insidez he had a hint of confusion on his face from the strange, small package in the mail. He decided not to mess with it and instead set it on the same table his Captain had placed all his paperwork on. Blinking, he smirked a bit amd placed his hands on his hips, "No, sir, not at all. I've had this much paperwork before, but it was back when I was at the academy."

He looked back towards the older man and pressed his lips together as Sebastian spoke. He lifted one of his hands and gestured towards him as he spoke up, "Captain Anderson, I really don't mind to help you out. The least I can do is get you something to eat-- Can you think of anything you can handle eating? Soup? A sandwich?"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back