• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Knights and the Dragon Brothers - CLOSED

CactusWren

Gruntiest of the Grunts!

THE KNIGHTS & THE DRAGON BROTHERS
Six princes are put under a spell and kept in a tower locked deep in Castoice Forest, seeking the assistance of knights willing to brave the search for the witch who cursed them in the hopes that she'd able to lift it. Unfortunately, knights seem reluctant to help them for the lack of promise as opposed to rescuing princesses, and thus the princes have been trapped in the wake of their spell for over a decade.

The quest calls for twelve items and the name of the witch to be summoned, creating a dangerous adventure as they face against a missing fairy godmother, ravenous wolves, greedy goblins, a gingerbread man's murder, an envious king, and more.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:
12.jpg

The sun rose high above the treetops of Castoice Forest, staining the dark blue sky with elegant rays of gold and rosy pink. There was a certain warmth in the air from the arrival of summer. The leaves trembled from the slightest of winds—or was it the fear that emerged from the darkness of the enchanted forest?

Poisonous vegetation, dangerous animal life, masked robbers… this was the life of the forest. It thrived on peril. Few knights were willing to brave through the forest to get to the other side of the border of Aestonali, and fewer wanted to chance on the mysterious tower that stood powerfully at the wood’s center.

Nobody knew why it was there. Rumors speculated there were princesses locked away in that castle, unable to leave. Occasionally a knight would wander in there— they’d either embarrassedly wave it off as abandoned if they made it back, shiver at a close call with a leopardbat, or never be seen again.
Even stranger, young men would emerge from the wooded area for an errand at the Kingdom of Teriah, the grand city that thrived a mere footpath away from Castoice Forest, and quietly return to where they came from, one at a time, a different man a day.

Last edited:
Siorin traveled through the dense brush, pushing branches and pulling herself over them, very deftly navigating the trees and dense area. She had caught wind of rumors surrounding this place. Princesses- adventure, danger... all things which she considered herself a fan of- and while she knew she had to be careful, she also knew that this would be guaranteed to be interesting- and she was confident she would survive. So far, she hadn't found much, other than dense vegetation and noises that seemed to come from everywhere- snapping branches and heavy rustling of leaves.

c1cb2bde7f3644099a104d9151da0f3e.jpg

( animegirl20 animegirl20 Osthavula Osthavula Serf Ember Serf Ember MJ ._. MJ ._. only)

It was a lazy summer morning. A tall, lean man with purple hair was quietly making his way out of the path of Castoice Forest, cluelessly bypassing the adventure-hungry woman as he casually brushed stranded leaves off his shoulders. By habit, his hand rose up to the necklace on his chest and wrapped its fingers around the metal, as though assuring himself that the jewelry was still there. Few looked at him twice if the shock of his obnoxious-colored hair hadn't deterred them; he looked like any other ordinary peasant out on an errand.

The dew droplets on the grass clung onto the ends of his trousers as he made a beeline to the Kingdom of Teriah, the largest city in the land of Zosainem. It was already buzzing with activity and flies. Peddlers loudly thrust various items in his face while he politely sidestepped and trotted away. He cold-shouldered past a marching band of knights, chanting their songs of heroism and honor.

Just another day in the market.

Last edited:
( The DoomyFish The DoomyFish only)

Meanwhile, a tower loomed in the middle of Castoice Forest, where the man had come from. It was ancient, made of chalky gray bricks and covered in slimy green moss and climbing vines, sunlight pouring through the dense brush, keeping the dangerous nocturnal animals away. There were footprints tracking toward and out of the tower; an annoying reminder of the visitors that glanced only briefly at who was inside before shuffling away.

Five men were inside, either looking out the window or trying to find something to do to stifle their bored minds. When it wasn't 'their' day, it was difficult. They couldn't go outside unless they were wearing the enchanted amulet. Yoshi had told them they were lucky to receive even one of them; replicating the item was a spectacular challenge in that its ingrediants were almost impossible to get.

But then that's what she said about the summoning spell, as well.

"You don't even know her name!" she had told them, frowning. "If you so much as get the wrong name all your efforts would be wasted!"

Yago, the third youngest of the six, was looking over the book, fingering the long, tiring list of items needed. Mitch, the second oldest, was preening whilst staring admirably over a golden "enchanted" mirror. A gift from Yoshi, even though it hadn't done a single enchanted thing in all their lives. At least Mitch enjoyed it.

He glanced over his shoulder. "I would stop looking at that," he said dryly, turning back to look at himself. "We're not going to be getting those items anytime soon."

Alexander K Valentine

Alex had just touched the mirror in the temple when everything got really weird. He was engulfed in a bright yet surprisingly cold light. He screamed as he saw his body be stretched, then shatter, then scatter, only for each piece to slam into an equally cold and bright surface. The next thing he knew he was awkwardly heaped against a stone wall, and in a whole lot of pain.

Nonetheless he struggled to his feet with a pained groan. "Geez I'm dead aren't I." He said to no one in particular, still dazed he noticed the movement in his peripheral vision. He whirled around putting his back to the wall and his hand went behind his back gripping the pistol in his waistband. "Hi...Can I help you gentlemen?" He quickly scanned the area, immediately taking note of the mirror that looked the exact same as the one he touched in the Egyptian tomb. What the hell, what's with their clothes? Did I die and go to a Shakespeare play?
CactusWren CactusWren

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

Mitch had noticed the deformed face beginning to stretch and break into unrecognizable pieces. For a moment he genuinely panicked that he was being cursed for his beauty. He backed away just in time for the man in the mirror to launch out, hitting face-first against the pillar in front of it.

Bewildered by the noise, Yago looked up as Daiki, Kev, and Zayn rushed to the scene where the disoriented man sat himself up.

"...Those clothes are weird," Zayn said.

"...Yes, his clothes are the most important thing here," Mitch told him dryly. Yago's face had a similar expression of sarcasm as he rolled his eyes.

"How did this happen?" Daiki asked, turning to Mitch and Yago. Of the five he was the one who looked the most out of place-- pink hair and fairy wings tended to do that when the rest of the band of brothers had fairly plain features.

"Ask the guy who shot out of the mirror," Mitch said, gesturing to the confused man on the floor.

A light brown mare galloped on the road toward the bridge of the citadel. The woman in green pulled the rein and slowed her horse down before stepping on the drawbridge. “A town with only one way in and out… they must be quite cowards trapping themselves like this…” Pari spoke to her mare although she couldn’t understand her worlds. But the animal was able to feel how her rider felt by her tone; she didn’t trust the bridge. “Let’s check this town out too, Pride. You may get some nice place to rest as well…” Pari spoke kindly and patted horse’s neck then Pride eagerly walked on the bridge toward the town formed around a castle. Ahead of them, walked a peasant with purple hair. They almost walked the same path to the market where Pari climbed the horse down and pulled her along by bridle. The haze of the crowded street had confused her so she reached out for the first guy she had in sight to ask for guidance.

“Hey, man…” She called as tapped on the purple haired guy’s shoulder. Her way of speech wasn’t ladylike at all as she had almost forgotten she wasn’t wearing a manly armor anymore. “Can you help me around the town? You around here, right? I saw you coming from forest’s direction… I only need a cheap place for me and my mare. Do you know any descent inn around?” She asked then looked around to make sure nothing troublesome was lurking around. “Also… I’ve got a few questions to ask… about an old song… that I think origins from villages around this town…” She whispered, looking into man’s eyes trying to interpret his reaction.

Odette woke bright and early to do her daily chores and training. Recently she seemed to have noticed that she had more chores then the other squires but she didn't complain but she really did want to. Once she was done she headed over to town and went to where the other knights were to join in on their conversation but as usual it didn't go well.

"Morning guys." She said with smile trying to ease her way in. One of the knights turned to her. "Well, well her hey hot stuff already finish your task for the day?" Her eyebrow twitched and she held in any back talk that was ready to fly out. She gave him a strained smile. "Yes I did I woke up early. Like I do everyday." The knight looked at her and smirked, "Well guess we'll have to give you more if your getting all that done along with daily training.....is there a reason why your over here?" She actually did want to ask him something but she had been avoiding afraid of the answer. "Actually yes I wanted to know if I could finally take my knight test." They all looked at her for a moment and started laughing while her face went red from anger and embarrassment.

The knight she was talking stood up and led her away from the others and started to speak. "Look sweet cheeks it's cute you want to do it but there is know way that's happening. "Why not? You've seen me train with the other squires I have beaten pretty much all of them in almost every match." She said as her anger slowly began to show. He sighed shaking his head. "Don't you get it by now your never going to be promoted to knight. Look at what you come from? You have some noble blood. Besides a pretty girl like you don't need to be fighting." He walked closer to her. "I'm pretty sure there are...other things your good at." He said with smirk making seeing she knew what he was implying. She stood there silently not responding. "Tell you what about me and yo-" Suddenly before he could finish his sentence he was punched hard and fell to the ground. She then popped her knuckles and bent down and looked at him with a icy glare. "You ever say that to me again your going to get worse then a punch in a the face." Once she stood up she noticed people were staring her. "......"
(open for interaction)

animegirl20 animegirl20 MJ ._. MJ ._.
The man had been watching the interaction between the knights with dry amusement, eyes mostly trailing after the frustrated woman. His thoughts were whirring with excitement and slight desperation; he was planning on approaching the female squire, though he was trying to come up with words more eloquent than "Hey babe, wanna slay the day away?"

He was briefly interrupted by the ambiguously gendered woman behind him. He rose a brow and turned to face her. "A cheap place, you say?" he asked. His hand went up to his chin thoughtfully. "I think The Miner's Inn is a good place to start. They have excellent food and service there, and they have decent prices if you're looking for someplace cheap."

He was about to turn back to watch the knights when he was suddenly brought back to the mention of the song. He looked at her, intrigued. "Song? What so--?"

The crowd roared with delight and mocking, forcing his attention back to Odette after she had slugged the man across the jaw. His lips twitched with mirth. Well, that was unprecedented. He was definitely interested in acquiring her assistance, now...

"Ragnfridr, do you have to go?"

Shouted the taller lady standing near the table. All the vials and bowls and tools were pushed to one side, and in front of her was, well, everything. There were two books, one about spells and one about potions. A bag with blades, chisel, hammer and other tools, and two clean cloths. Clothes, including one light and one dark colour cloak, dresses of different kinds. Brooches about three or four, and one pointy hat. Lastly, vials of liquid, some labeled healing, some were bubbly, some murky like bog water. The lady murmured, and all the item glowed, including the bag lying softly among the items. She murmered longer, and this time the items glowed a softer light.

Then there was light footsteps coming from the wooden stairs. Ragnfridr descended the spiral stairs, one glance at the items gently glowing, and her expression changed from neutral to a warm smile. She knew that the lady, whom she called master, had enchanted the items so they are less likely to break and also have lighter weight. She herself was going to do it but, if her master Brynhildr was going to do it, it was probably faster and more efficient.

"To answer you earlier, master. I don't have to, but I should. I'll gain more from this quest than I could possibly lose." She said gently after Brynhildr finished chanting. "And thank you."

"You're welcome." Brynhildr tone was colder than her behavior. She pulled Ragnfridr in, and on her collar pinned a blue gemed brooch. It had lace matching her attire, and the blue gem had shiny specks in it, pretty as the winter dawn. "Keep this when you approach the tower. This prevent any memory spells to take effect on you. "

"You know what is there?"

"I'd rather stay away from this ordeal." The look on Brynhildr's face showed that she wouldn't like too much inquisition. Behind the veil of Brynhildr's dark hair, Ragnfridr caught the glimpses of displease. The master had always stayed out of trouble and matters of others, and if it not for the pupil's stubborness, she would stop Ragnfridr to this quest too. Perhaps.

But for now, she prepared Ragnfridr for the journey, and saw her to the border of the Forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was not Ragnfridr Winter's first time entering the forest. She often enter to gather ingredients for potions, but it was her first time treading deep into the woods. Her white cloak reflected the sunlight as she lightly stepped in the soft mud and brittle leaves, warning the harmless creatures and blinding the harmful ones with the reflection, she walked without much event happening to her.

With her keen eyes she did notice footsteps much heavier than her, with shapes like metal armour. It must be the knights, she thought. And it recalled some unpleasant memories, including the reason why she was here in the first place. For one moment the blue eyes was darkened with anger, but soon the shadow in her eyes dispersed, replaced by joy. The scene that caused the joy, however, was not so merry. A tower stood, with moss and vines overgrown, and it was darkened with moisture and age old soil. She had never seen anything like that, so she stood intrigued for a good amount of time. Eventually this silver-haired maiden looked for the door, and knocked firmly on it three times.

She didn't need to check what was inside first. She already knew what was there to welcome her.

CactusWren CactusWren animegirl20 animegirl20

It was really annoying when the one she was talking to was being frequently distracted by the roaring crowd gathered at the other end of the street. Pari followed direction of his gaze and noticed it being locked on young girl who seemed that had forgotten to wear a dress over her lingerie and was beating up a knight. “Fallen in love in first sight?!” She asked sarcastically and shook her head. “Any way, thank you for guiding me about the inn. If you are interested about the song, let’s go to the inn and have a chat over a drink… just give me minute…” She told the purple haired guy and walked toward the circle of knights watching the girl’s show. She pushed people aside till reached the girl and pulled her back by arm. “You might wish to kill her, sis, which is quite understandable, but I’ve got a few tips for you that can help you make these knight badge wearing pigs fall on their knees in front of you.” She spoke in a friendly way then released her arm. “Join me for a drink and I’ll share a secret with you.” She added and looked at the crowd that had gathered to watch the fight. “Really? Don’t you folk have anything better to do?” She called out strongly then her eyes shifted back to meet the girl’s eyes. “Sis, they are eating you with their pervert eyes… let’s move already…” She suggested in low tone.

Odette stood there not sure what to do now. It just occurred to her that punching him was going to get her tons of trouble and the other knights her already. And people were whispering and chatting away like they knew exactly was happening, which they didn't. But suddenly she felt someone grab her by the arm and turned to see a woman who kept calling her sis. "Sis?" She then looked at the people staring and glanced a the knight was now standing up giving her a glare but also smirking. "Yeah let's go." She turned and follow the woman out of the crowd. "Great he'll tell the captain I just know it....I am in so much trouble." she said mumbling to herself. She shook her head forgetting that for now then glanced at the woman beside her. "So any reason why you got me out of the crowd? Or do you really have a secret to share?"
MJ ._. MJ ._.

MJ ._. MJ ._. animegirl20 animegirl20
"Fallen in...?" The man glanced at Pari incredulously. "...No. Unfortunately I don't have that right anymore."

The man blinked in bewilderment as Pari marched over to Odette and stood the girl up, leading her away from the currently booing crowd. He sighed and ran his fingers through his purple hair before following close behind the squire and the knight. He was... half-sure Pari invited him, right?

He let the girl lead the way until they were a decent distance away from the rowdy gang of knights and bored onlookers. He cleared his throat, enough so that the two ladies would glance over at him. "I'd hate to break your train of thought but the Inn is actually that way," he said, gesturing to the opposite direction. "...Don't worry. I know a way so that we don't have to bypass the crowd again. Follow me?"

He turned on his heel and led the way through an alley, ducking under hanging clothing lines. He nearly walked into a bra, but he managed to walk out with his dignity mostly intact.

Last edited:
Osthavula Osthavula The DoomyFish The DoomyFish
Yago's face twisted into one of confusion when he heard the knock on the door.

"Weird," Kev glanced out the window. "Jiro knows it's unlocked..."

"You see anything?" Zayn asked.

"Not much from this angle, I'm afraid. ...Really bright, though? They're wearing white."

They were still dealing with a probably concussed man still sprawled on the floor with the most clueless expression on his face. Mitch frowned at the others as Daiki rushed to get Alexander a mug of water. When the door knocked again, Yago rolled his eyes and stood up, grabbing a separate book from off the furniture.

"Make a lot of noise if they attack you!" Zayn called out to him. "And we'll come down!"

Yago gave him a sarcastic thumbs-up before heading down the steps. He approached the door and pulled it open.

The sight of the young witch caught him off guard. He studied her curiously, held up a finger as he flipped through his book and wrote something on it with his free hand, and then gave it to her. He folded his arms.

Hi? Who are you, and why are you here?

CactusWren CactusWren

Just as Yago studied her curiously, Ragnfridr studied him back with the same interest too. He seemed guarded, but she supposed she did come without a notice. And though she thought he could listen, she took over the book and wrote neatly after his questions.

"I am Ragnfridr, one of the healers of Teriah and witch's apprentice. I have overheard the tales of cursed princes seeking help from two knights not far from the forest, and thought I could help.

One of the knight was tall and bulky, and had a drunken voice. The other had a brown beard and tied a long white cloth around his waist. "

Handing it back to him, she noticed the noises coming from upstairs. Relieved that she didn't visit a tower with a lone guy, which deviates from the descriptions, she smiled faintly as she did a slight courtsy to him. And though she did feel the existence of magic here, she couldn't identify or describe it. Whatever was casted here was far beyond her knowledge and ability.

Osthavula Osthavula
Yago carefully took the book back, making sure that his arms and his hands were still within the tower's vicinity. He had been waiting for her to respond and seemed surprised that she had written down on his pages. He read it and eyed her again doubtfully before scribbling something down in a clean section. He handed it to her yet again, making sure he didn't touch the outside.

If you can speak you can do it, you know. I lost my voice, so I don't really have a choice. It just makes this whole conversation go faster.
So... what? We're here. Did you just want to find out the story behind the curse, find out more about the magic, or what?
I don't believe in altruistic witches anymore.

Yago was watching her eyes trail through the words. When she finished he took the book back.

CactusWren CactusWren

When Ragnfridr read his written words, she couldn't help but widen her grin. With the invitation of speaking up and his words straight to the point, she spoke up with a gentle but light-hearted tone.

"This is with a trade, of course. " The pair of blue eyes stared into his, "Though I hardly think the lack of altruism was restricted to the witches. We are human too, the only thing we all share in common was the field of knowledge and skill set. Whatever we lack, common people do too. "

"And the knights I have mentioned certainly lack what you wished for. Even if the curse of altering memory was not present, they will never return to help. And there are many, many more knights like them. For us, two simple witches who was just surviving, they have done to us fair share of not-helping and worse. "

"My trade is that if I help you lift the curse, and I mean, only after I help you lift the curse, that you will try to put a stop to knights harassing innocent witches. Doesn't matter if you can't fully pull a stop to it. A prince would have some influence right?"

"Of course, curiousity plays a big part too. " She blinked her eyes playfully, "But I don't think my offer presents any loss to you. I give to you my words, and I assure you it worth more than some knight's fancy vows. "

She was in incredibly good mood. She like straight confrontation, and he was honest in his words. The prince probably did not know how precious this bright grin was, how rarely it occur. Noticing her hapiness may seem a bit too odd for him, she refrained herself to smiling meekly and standing with her hands overlapping each other.

" So dear prince, would you accept my help? Or would I have to prove further my well intentions? "

Osthavula Osthavula
(Ragnfridr's Charm convinced Yago)

Yago cocked a brow. He was leaning against the frame of the door while he listened to her words, the book still in his hand. Her persuasion sounded too sugary sweet for him to completely buy, but he seemed somewhat assured by her honest air of innocence. He rolled his eyes to the ceiling, more in thought than the usual sticky sarcasm he had been using throughout this past hour. He let out a sigh and rubbed his neck before flipping open his book again.

Don't make me regret this. Please. Come in. At the moment we're busy dealing with a situation, but I'll assemble my brothers once we come to some sort of conclusion.

He panicked slightly before she stepped in and quickly swiped the book from her, scrabbling something and then thrusting it in her face.

bUT FirsT WIPe YoUR FEET!!!!

He stared at her mud-coated feet anxiously.

CactusWren CactusWren

With a simple water spell and wipe of the cloth, Ragnfridr cleaned her shoes and cloak, and sucessfully entered the tower. Her first thing was to marveled at the inner state of the building. The outside may look aged and worn, but the inside was well-maintained. It was more possible to believe people had inhabited this tower now, and before it was doubtful even for an open-minded witch. Some may have the wrong impression of a witch's abode, but only a few witch could work in a chaotic environment. Brynhildr's place, maintained by spells, was possibly an improvement from when it was first built. But for people without magic, Rangfridr supposed they didn't have the benefit of mending cracks with certain distances. They would have to atleast climb the roof or ladder.

Can the prince even climb the outer roof? She did notice how the prince seemed to be careful at the door too, hard not to when he was passing the book. Perhaps they could not exit the tower? She should have ask Brynhildr into more details but as usual her master was touchy when the topic involve another witch. Telling her it was something involving memory and giving her a charm against it was the furthest her master got into this topic.

Then as she hear the noises from somewhere in the tower, and she looked up the stairs and then at Yago. Her calm demeanor returned, but her curiosity still shows. "Sorry to ask this late but, may I know your name?"

CactusWren CactusWren animegirl20 animegirl20

“Of course I really mean what I say! It’s my knighthood code; honesty and boldness…” Pari replied Odette’s question as they walked away from the gang of knights. She whistled and her horse came close, letting her hold her rein again. “To begin with… my name is Pari Braveheart and I’m a knight from countryside, known as Pete the Braveheart.” She explained then stork Pride’s neck kindly and continued: “This beautiful girl is called Pride. She is really brave and strong… what’s your name?” She had just started a chat with the other girl when Purple man stopped them to show a shortcut leading to the inn which wasn’t a good idea from Pari’s point of view. She had to push the clothes aside and hold up strings for Pride to pass beneath them. “Well, this isn’t the best way for a horse… but Pride can handle it, right my pretty?” She spoke to Pride and she answered with a low voice between her lips. “So lady and gentleman… considering that three of us are going to the inn, can I conclude that you’re both itchy for some adventure? In that case, please introduce yourselves… I’ve already done it…” She requested.

Osthavula Osthavula
Yago admired the way Ragnfridr cleaned her boots and immediately relaxed. Efficiently and proficiently. For a minute he hoped she'd help him clean the tower on one of his more anxiety-driven days, but then guiltily remembered that they were trying to stay away from that women-in-the-kitchen mentality. After all, Jiro had proposed that it was likely a woman who was going to assist them on their series of quests... if no other knights were going to help them, then they were going to start searching for a more humble associate.

I'm Yago, he wrote. I'm the third youngest, fourth oldest? There's six of us, so it's a bit hard to keep track sometimes... but we look nothing alike to each other, so it shouldn't be too hard to remember.

He looked up at the ceiling.

Again, I'm not sure when they're going to be finished up there. But I can answer any questions you might have if it'll help.

MJ ._. MJ ._. animegirl20 animegirl20
The man led them to the inn that was but a house away from the alley, ignoring shrieks of a child chasing after a cat in the street. He gestured toward the small stables available for the guest for Pari's horse. "You may put her here," he said.

He glanced down at his gloved hands thoughtfully before opening the door and letting the two ladies in.

The inn was dimly lit with a quiet atmosphere, with just a bit of a thin haze from the one guest that was smoking a pipe. A chimney crackled in the center, releasing warmth and a cozy aroma of hickory smoke into the air. He waved at another guest who was known for being booted out of his home every other week by his wife before nodding at the innkeeper and settling into a table just a little ways from the chimney.

"Pari..." the man repeated. "My name is Jiro." His lips twitched again at the mention of yet another female knight... so his assumptions were for the most part correct. He waved the innkeeper over. "Hello. May I please have three slices of your rhubarb pie? With the respective number of glasses of buttermilk, please."

He gazed over at Odette patiently. "And what is your name, dear?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back