• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The kingdom of Rodrin[Semi-Dragon Age]

Thebadgamer98

Rightful Lord of Villar
The kingdom of Rodrin is a place of strife in recent years, it had always been ruled by a member of the Theirin line until 34 years ago when that line was broken. There was chaos throughout the kingdom trying to find an heir, and after nearly a decade of infighting, they found one. Garen Theirin, a distant cousin of the last king who had come back from a far off land and taken command of the shattered realm.

Now, over 20 years into his reign, his twilight years are upon him and his sole heir must learn how to rule this kingdom before it is too late and the Theirin line is lost to history.

@Lady Insanity

Amaria Theirin followed her father, Garen down the road with their retinue towards the fortress where the army awaited them, Amaria was going to be the first female in history to command the Royal Armies, it was quite a momentous occasion and her mother, Elissa, wouldn't have missed it for the world, she rode side by side with her husband.

Behind Amaria were her closest advisors, Sir Paxall of Hillswood, and Osoro Canon, and behind them were the knights of the realm sworn to defend her family from any and all foes.

(I kinda just dropped you in, hope that's okay. xD )

(That's alright xD )

Amaria's eyes looked in every direction. Her heart beat was racing, her hands getting clammy, knots in her stomach. She glanced back behind her to see Paxall and Osoro. Paxall was like a second father to her, and Osoro...like a snooty older brother. She mouthed the words 'I can't do this' to them before turning back to face forward again. She let out a breath, then took a heavy breath, releasing it as well. She tried to remain calm as she drew closer and closer to the fortress with her family, advisers, and knights.

(I didn't really know what to put, so I gave it my best lol xD introductions are always weird xp)

(I feel the same way. xD )

As they neared the gates to the fortress the fanfare began playing rousing anthems meant to instill patriotic fervor and a willingness to follow the king into all who heard it.

The king triumphantly rose through the gates, overshadowing his daughters later entrance and grabbing all the army's attention.

Except for the commanders, they watched the young Amaria intently, most of them unsure that such a girl could attempt to lead a force like that the king has assembled for her.

Eyes on her...chants, the fanfare...Amaria's anxiety was through the roof. She gulped. Men clad in armor, noble steeds, clerics, and the Grand Enchanter as an honored guest were all lining the walkway. She was slightly nudged forward by Osoro in order to keep moving forward...her legs were nearly frozen with nerves. She wanted to be the best she could, to serve with honor and pride...but it was all so overwhelming for her. The people of Rodrin knew her best as the fair and kind princess...not leader of the Royal Army!

Amaria makes her way, uncomfortably, through the crowd and beside her father who is giving a speech to the troops.

They had flipped a coin for who would be giving this speech, and when the coin landed Garen's face was looking up at him, so he gave the speech and Amaria was off the hook.

After the ceremony, the king told her she had two choices, meet the generals, or meet the troops. Whichever one she chose would decide how she would command the troops for the years to come.

(ohhhhhhhhhhh a choice! and fyi, I'm going to head to bed after this post. I'm so sweeepy and it's 1:18 AM xD but I'll be back in the morning, ready for whatever you've got!)

Amaria let out a sigh...she had a choice to make. She looked at her father, his old and gentle face giving her some comfort. She then looked toward the crowd for the ceremony. "I...I choose to meet with the troops. If I am to lead these brave men and women into battle in the future...I'd rather they not be nameless faces, I'd rather know who they are, and better my reasons for keeping them all alive and proud." She declared. Amaria chose to be one with the people, not some tyrant only bent on glory. She'd meet the generals later, her troops mattered more to her. Hopefully, this gave an indication of who she was going to be....whether it be good, or bad.

Garen smiled proudly, for he had done the same when he took command of his first army.

The crowd cheered and Garen lead Amaria down into the crowd of troops to a massive table with beer and bread where they could sit and talk to rotating rounds of troops.

(I never got notified about your post!)

Amaria greeted the troops with grace and shyness. She declined a beer, not wanting to take any ale this evening. She must have spent an hour rotating between troops. Most of them had families. Others had no families, but significant others. All of them had a purpose. She sighed...she'd work extra hard to fight for their lives. She turned to her father. "I think that's all of them, father."

(Lol. No problem! xD )

He laughed heartily "That was one company! You'll have hundreds of companies under your command in this army, it'll take you years to get to know them all!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back