• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Inquisitors (Historical, Detailed)

Qazi

Qāżī Saʿīd Qumī

The Inquisitors​

Milan, Italy, at the turn of the 15th century, ruled by the tyrant Duke Galeazzo Visconti—a conqueror with the aim to, perhaps, control and unite all of Lombardy, and even more. . . against the bulwarks of the Florentines and the Sardinians, and so and on. . . against the death of the old world, the knights and the baronies, the kith of kin of kings, at the hands of the merchants and bankers and the crucifix of debts, of ebbing times, decay. . . and to stand strong against the weakening Papacy and the Spaniards and those of the Brittanica Isles, and the Ottomans baying at the borders of all of Europe. . . to go down in the annals of history as the greatest conqueror of his time—and he has done everything to gain a foothold, to solidify his vice grip, from killing his uncle to tightening his grasp on the merchant guilds and the readily moribund influence of the church at its aggressor Torquemada of the Spanish Inquisition. . . to make true his dream of a monument country, even amongst the city-states of Italy.

And which is an ambition undoubtedly fit for a king rendered slave to a divided world, suffering from its death throes; but, such desires also lead to the consternation of perhaps greater men, of countries elsewhere and otherwise distinctly motivated. Enter that Inquisition of Torquemada: the brutal figure whose shadow looms over Spain, indebted to kings and queens but in some ways more powerful, and especially over the church—and who it is but the church to request from the Grand Inquisitor aid in subjugating the villainous Duke in his conquest to capture all of Italy?

And to which Torquemada is in agreement with, thus sending a chapter of his Inquisitors to the treacherous city of Milan—a hub of traitors, heretics, thugs and rogues, the dregs and scum of the old world, proliferating with the corrupt, the ugly, the evil, swarming with slaughterers and the slaughtered, gangrenous infections of the moral kind, assassins and cloaks and daggers—, to cooperate with the church and undermine the Duke and his rule by any means necessary, to subdue his ambitions and the ambitions of his rising country. . . permanently.

I will plot out a few preliminary rules to follow:

1) This is a detailed roleplay at its core. I won't exactly impose certain requirements on lengths but I ask that commitment, gravitas and some seriousness be applied to your involvement in the story. It's an ensemble cast, I hope, and I assume there will be the modicum amount of contribution from all the players.

2) No, seriously. If you're only mildly interested, I don't think you're going to fit in for a sufficient enough duration. This roleplay's in for the long haul, so I hope, but that's the big aim at least.

3) I ask that you communicate with us in all form of the roleplay. Helps team synergy.

4) We almost primarily do our OOC in Discord. But we do the roleplay in this here site.

5) The roleplay might appear centered around the aforementioned inquisitors, but will also significantly involve laymen of the church and even denizens of the city or the attendants and companions of the Duke, and beyond the realms of the city and Italy as well, and while the plot may firstly seem dark, it is, well, dark. That's a fair warning: I don't hope to breach into the many dominions of edginess but it'll be dark, man.

6) It's a roleplay, dude. Have fun.

7) Contact me if you want in on it. Or, just post in this thread here.

I just want to add that this story is not 100% historically accurate. I deliberately messed up the time line, jury rigged important peoples into important scenarios, faked some of it. If anything, it's a very poor simulacrum of actual history. Enlist at your own risk!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back