• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The In-Between Places

Aowyn

Witch, Writer, Artist

The Story

In the in-between places lie the portal to The Other, a place where magic is possible and Faeries roam the land. These aren't your typical miniature humans with wings; no, they are so much more. Selkies and Imps, Redcaps and Will-o-Wisps. Pixies and Boggarts and Brownies. The Fae are experts at wreaking havoc on humans. They are the ones that steal your keys and socks, that misplace your things and watch you from the safety of the trees. They change the seasons and inspire creativity unto the world. Our world, the human world, wouldn't be the same without them.

Now, the Fae are in trouble. They feed off the emotions of humans and they exist because people believe in them. But what happens when people stop believing in the magic of the world? The Other is disappearing bit by bit, and so are the Fae themselves. Creativity and passion is dying in the human world, the seasons are out of wack, and the plants are wilting. There's only one way to save both worlds: getting people to believe.

The in-between places; neither one thing, nor the other. They are the shadows, the dusk and dawn. The doorways, the shoreline and the forest's edge. Places of power, where the veil of reality is shed and the extraordinary is possible.

The Roles

Unique:

• (TAKEN)Queen of Summer
  • (TAKEN)King of Summer
  • (TAKEN)Queen of Winter
  • (TAKEN)Prince/Princess of Winter
  • (TAKEN)King of the Dark Court
  • (TAKEN)The Special Human

Non-Unique:

• (3 LEFT)Other Humans (max four)
  • Summer Fae
  • Winter Fae
  • Dark Fae

The main thread should be up within the next day or so. I'm currently working on pulling together all of the necessary lore and coding it all to look pretty. If you still wish to join, all are welcome. There will be a few rules to look over and such, I'll also expect that everyone look over all of the lore so they can get a feel for the world. A link will be posted on this thread when it is finished. Everyone who has expressed interest will be tagged.

Last edited by a moderator:
animegirl20 said:
love the idea! can I have the princess of winter role?
O.o I'm always surprised at how fast these interest checks get jumped on. But yes, if you think you can handle it ;)

Aowyn said:
O.o I'm always surprised at how fast these interest checks get jumped on. But yes, if you think you can handle it ;)
lol yeah especially when there are roles and yes I totally can

animegirl20 said:
lol yeah especially when there are roles and yes I totally can
Brilliant! Then I do hope this post gets some recognition. The code and colors are just too pretty to go to waste.

Huh, interesting. Certainly different from the norm, so... sure, I'll join in. I could take the Human role.

Voltsung said:
Huh, interesting. Certainly different from the norm, so... sure, I'll join in. I could take the Human role.
BELL-KUN!

Hehe, sorry. I love that anime. Also, thank you. I strive to create interesting stories that are unique. Unique stories draw more attention than normal ones, don't cha think?

@Aowyn

I completely agree. The normal stuff is still fun every now and then, but its the unique things that stick... and then become the new standard, hopefully. It's why I tend to prefer non-standard heroes and worlds. I'm not going to make a classic warrior stereotype. That being said, any idea what the human world would be like at this time? Or why a human would be in the Faelands anyway?

Also, I admit I only know the idea of the anime. Never watched it... I still need to check it out later.

Voltsung said:
@Aowyn
I completely agree. The normal stuff is still fun every now and then, but its the unique things that stick... and then become the new standard, hopefully. It's why I tend to prefer non-standard heroes and worlds. I'm not going to make a classic warrior stereotype. That being said, any idea what the human world would be like at this time? Or why a human would be in the Faelands anyway?

Also, I admit I only know the idea of the anime. Never watched it... I still need to check it out later.
Actually, yes. The human world is in modern times right now. It's the spring equinox, and every year on the spring equinox the staff of seasons is supposed to change hands from winter to summer court, in order for the human world to move from winter to spring. But now that the staff of seasons is missing, the human world is being thrown into an eternal winter. (or eternal summer if people would rather go that direction, also known as global warming. ;) ) As for why the human is in the Fae World, they sort of... stumble through one of the portals. HOWEVER humans aren't supposed to be able to do this by themselves, so you could say you will be a... rather special human. How special is completely up to you. You could even be Half-fae if you wanted to.

I love this! I'm in!

I would love to play a human or half fae if there is going to be more than one. And if you need more people I could play the winter queen as well (if no one else wants to).

And any help you need let me know!

Also... (because I work in a book store) if you haven't read the Iron Fae series by Julie Kagawa you should check it out!

Lithia said:
I love this! I'm in!
I would love to play a human or half fae if there is going to be more than one. And if you need more people I could play the winter queen as well (if no one else wants to).

And any help you need let me know!

Also... (because I work in a book store) if you haven't read the Iron Fae series by Julie Kagawa you should check it out!
Great! I'd love to have you!

Also... That's kinda sorta what inspired this :) I absolutely love that series and wanted to do a roleplay with it, but with my own twist.

Yay! That series is one of my staff picks at work! I love it :) Whatever you need, let me know I want to help.

Hello ~

Just expressing my interest although I might not be quite active until the 19th (finals and all).

I have one question, are we allowed to have multiple characters? I am interested in the Queen/King of Summer, Pak, or a human.

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]Hello ~
Just expressing my interest although I might not be quite active until the 19th (finals and all).

I have one question, are we allowed to have multiple characters? I am interested in the Queen/King of Summer, Pak, or a human.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, though like my other roleplay I'm going to want everyone to wait a bit before making a second character to give others time to join. HOWEVER if your second character is made to enhance your first character, or if they are connected in some way, I will consider it. Most of the roles I have listed here are unique roles, aside from a Human or other Fae (which will later be seperated into the courts). My rule is that a person may only have one Unique role. This role can also not be played by anyone else once someone takes it.

Aowyn said:
Yes, though like my other roleplay I'm going to want everyone to wait a bit before making a second character to give others time to join. HOWEVER if you're second character is made to enhance your first character, or if they are connected in some way, I will consider it. Most of the roles I have listed here are unique roles, aside from a Human or other Fae (which will later be seperated into the courts). My rule is that a person may only have one Unique role. This role can also not be played by anyone else once someone takes it.
Understood. Well then, I would like to play the Summer Queen (if no one has claimed/reserved it yet) :)

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]Understood. Well then, I would like to play the Summer Queen (if no one has claimed/reserved it yet) :)

[/QUOTE]
Nope, no one has! I'll reserve it for you then.

[QUOTE="Loki Odinson]Thank you.
And as I mentioned earlier, if the thread is up before the 19th, please be patient with my absence. :)

[/QUOTE]
Don't worry about not being available, this probably won't actually get launched for a few more days or a week at most. I have a lot of work to do, plus I'm already managing another roleplay.

@Savagai

Kingly things, of course of course.

Seriously, though, as king you of course are the word of law. It is partially keeping peace within the kingdom as well as commanding the armies. You also preside over... well, summer, so there's that too. Though without the staff to actually make it summertime, I can imagine that keeping peace in the land of summer might be harder than usual.

That's just my take. Feel free to correct me, Aowyn.

Voltsung said:
@Savagai

Seriously, though, as king you of course are the word of law. It is partially keeping peace within the kingdom as well as commanding the armies. You also preside over... well, summer, so there's that too. Though without the staff to actually make it summertime, I can imagine that keeping peace in the land of summer might be harder than usual.

In that case?

Bow for your king!

( :P )

Voltsung said:
@Savagai

THERE'S A NEW PLOT!

The old one was too similar to a book I had read so I changed it. But it's still got all that yummy fae lore, as well as the same (kinda, added some things there) characters. And yes, that is basically what a king does. Except this king has to look over a bunch of certifiably insane lunatics. (The Fae.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back