• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Illustrious Estate - Characters

Should the amount of siblings be increased?

• No, they're fine at this amount.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Five is a good amount.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Six seems okay.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Hell, why not seven?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
The Forgotten Host The Forgotten Host
You can post the old maid if you want, but you'll haveto talk to Tiramiisu if you want to do the Lunatonne. They already have a Lunatonne in play. I'll try to explain in the OOC.

NAME:
Virginia Elfwood

APPEARANCE:
40400c51658f570e130047894cab342f.jpg
Dark brown hair with striking green Eyes. Tanned skin due to long hours of outdoor work.

PERSONALITY:
Virginia is a perky young woman. She is very expressive, speaking her mind as though there is no social filter in her head. She has an almost child like level of naivity. One would not be held accountable for assuming she is a twelve year old in an adult's body. She is extremely clumsy, leading some to wonder why she was hired in the first place. She is very devoted to her work. Once a task is given, she will go out of her way to see it through. She is typically found in the estate, doing a menial task, humming a cheerful tune with a smile on her face.

HISTORY/BIO:
Nothing of note, aside from the fact that she is an orphan. She joined the estate very recently. In terms of background she is almost suspiciously benign.

MAGIC:
Virginia possesses no magical abilities.

TALISMAN:
None

FAVORITE PART OF THE ESTATE:
The Bathrooms. They smell like lavender!

TRIVIA/OTHER:
- Unbeknownst to anyone (including herself), Virginia has a staggeringly large pool of magic. If given the proper training, she can become a powerful mage.
- If you go snooping around in the Solberg family archives, you will find that Virginia is actually a distant relative of the Solbergs. She doesn't know either.
- It is almost interesting how little knowledge she has of how the world works. However,for whatever she tends to have deep insight into the most arbitrary things. (For example, she still does not know her way around her home town, but she can tell you in great detail about the routes and schedules of every steam train arriving and leaving a station close by.)
- Virginia is is short and petite, but seems to have the strength of an Olympic grade body builder. She also has a seemingly inexhaustible amount of stamina. This is attributed to her large pool of magic. It is also the reason why she is so clumsy.
- Unlike most of the staff, Virginia does not live in the estate. She rides a bike to work everyday.
- Virginia is gay, but does not seem to know herself.

THEME(S):

SAMPLE RP:
Alfred looked over his documents, then at the girl sitting opposite to him. "So Ms. Elfwood. Have you ever worked as a maid before?"
"Well sir, I've been workin' at the orphanage practically since the day I was born, yes I have." She smiled brightly. "They had me do all sorts of work."
"Would you say you were any good at it?"
She nodded excitedly, a hint of pride in her mirth. "I was the best at the job, yes I was. Ask the head nun. She'll tell ya I'm a right work in progress."
Alfred raised an eyebrow. "A work in progress?"
"A work in progress!"
There was a short silence. "Can you cook?"
"I'd be remiss if I didn't, sir! In the orphanage, I used t'make the best gruel."
"Gruel?"
"Gruel!"
There was another short silence. "How do you feel about cleaning toilets?"
"I'm right fine with it, sir! A clean loo is the only loo ya can sit on, yes it is."
"Do you know how to clean a 'loo'?"
"Well ya either clean out the piss and shite in the beginning of spring, or ya-"
"That is an outhouse, Ms. Elfwood."
"Oh. In that case, I don't know." She smiled again, a hint of nervousness in her countenance.
Alfred sighed, looking at her baron resume. "Why do you want to work here, Ms. Elfwood."
There was a noticable bit of trepidition in her voice. "Because of the estate, sir."
"Go on?"
"Where t'begin, sir? Ever since I was a little girl, it was the prettiest place I'd ever seen. I would climb the highest trees close by just to get a better look. 'Broke me leg plenty of times just tryin' to get a better look, yes I did. I would do just about anything to live and work here."
Alfred stared at her for a second, then at the documents again. "Well Ms. Elfwood, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but we don't seem to have anymore room for another maid and-"
"I live close by, sir!" She leaned forward urgently. 'Have a bike too! I can make it t'work before the break of dawn, yes I can."
Alfred considered her words and stared at the documents again. "Alright Ms. Elfwood, I will give a good word to Master Julius. From there he will-"
Virginia's face lit up like fireworks. "Really, sir?!"
Alfred stood up. "Consider yourself under heavy supervision on the first day."
She stood up and bowed. "Yes, sir. Ofcourse sir."
He began making his way to the door. "Now come, I'll have the taylor take your measurements." He said, with one last glance at the documents.
"By the way, if ya don't mind, what's that piece o'paper ya keep staring at?"
Alfred cracked a rarely sincere smile. "Oh this? Just some Solberg family documents."

Last edited:
NAME:
Caspian Lunatonne
FAKE APPEARANCE:
b5a1591e0159437195dfa59945c3ff37.jpg

2sFGvo6.jpg
ROLE:
A member of the Lunatonne family.

PERSONALITY:
Caspian has a knack for being clever and persuasive, even when his reasoning has been thoroughly established to be a little less than sound. His father spoiled him out of sorrow for his current condition. As a result, he's also very entitled and very prideful. Nevertheless, He adores his sister and although he believes she could be happy if she married, he realizes that it isn't what she wants. Each of his personality traits manifests itself in due course but the most potent of them all is his tendency to be vengeful. He sincerely believes that the Solbergs arranged the accident that robbed him of his consciousness and mobility.

HISTORY/BIO:
In his youth , he demonstrated a remarkable understanding of how the world worked. He was also eerily persuasive to the point that his father started allowing him to handle small business matters. These ranged from accounting to advertising all that Lunar Exports had to offer. Despite this, he always made a little time for amusement believing that there was more to life than business and making money. It was at the age of ten during a playful afternoon that he was unceremoniously struck by a carriage that was speeding along the streets. He sank into a comatose state from which he has yet to wake, but with the tragedy, his magic awakened. Using it, he tries his best to experience the world as he once did. He won't allow anyone to enter his room.

*UNIQUE MAGIC:
The ability to create and manipulate solid and living Tulpas of anything real or imaginary.

MAGIC:
-Strength Enhancement: All of his Tulpas are unbelievably strong but the strength is divided between however many are in use. so if he were to manifest a million tigers, they'd probably only be able to inflict the equivalent of a paper cut.
-High Pain Tolerance: Accomplished by a very thin but extremely durable shield that wraps itself about his body.

TALISMAN:
A golden tooth he had installed to replace a lost one.

FAVORITE PART OF THE ESTATE:
He's impressed by what he knows of it. The fact he hates the Solbergs doesn't mean he can't appreciate the beauty of their home.

During his early years, he was seen by the community as a clever and likeable boy with a head for business. Nowadays, few people even remember that the Lunatonnes have a son at all.

TRIVIA/OTHER:
-The creatures that Caspian creates using his mind do all of his eating and drinking for him.
-Two of his favorite forms are birds and mice.
-He feels any pain his creatures do.
-He has an affection for everything sweet in contrast to Bianca.

THEME(S):
None.

*SAMPLE RP:
The moon rose high, shining its light through the windows of a stately, dreary home. As he traversed the halls, the butler of Lunatonne manor couldn't help but think about how much he hated this hour. The halls were saturated in a thick and almost impenetrable darkness; one against which the poor candle he carried struggled to shine. It didn't matter anyhow, He'd walked these halls for years. His feet knew the way, even if his eyes delighted in deceiving him. Besides, there couldn't be too many candles or lights. Caspian hated that. He shuddered, recalling the last time he'd felt the full brunt of the boy's wrath. He'd been lucky to keep his job, let alone his head. He paused at the door as he reached the end of the hallway, clearing his throat as he did. "Master Caspian?" he called softly. There wasn't any answer. "Master Caspian, I've just come to inform you that dinner is ready. You might want to make..." his voice trailed off before he continued "You might want to come join us." Occupied by the delivery of his request, the butler didn't notice the shadows shift behind him. They stirred and took a hideous form, distinguished from all that surrounded it only by two red eyes. A clawed hand made its home on the butler's shoulder any screams that might have escaped his poor throat were absorbed by the roar that followed. It echoed throughout the house before melting into jovial childlike laughter. "Hope I didn't scare you too badly. After all, I could use a meal."​

1547753655895.png

• 1547753671205.png

Name: Donnatella "Donna" Mae Sharp

Role: Family friend of the Solberg's.

Personality: Donna is calm and gentle. She prefers to watch from the background, and meditate on a situation before acting or speaking. This sometimes works against her, as louder more rambunctious people will jump in before she can speak. Once they do, she's polite and won't interrupt them. She uses as few words as possible, and prefers to show people rather than explain through words. Donna is fairly closed off, and is often seen folding her arms or quietly slipping away from crowds in order to be closer to the exits.

"Have you ever thought... I mean, how breathtaking life can be? Take the ziggon, with its incredible strength and flexibility. Or the bybee, with its four pairs of wings that all beat in form without running into each other. The gorlion, with eyes that can see a blade of grass from a kilometer away. All of them with one single common denominator: magic. Life is so fascinating, but we must always remember that is also breathtaking, and always deserving of our respect."

AL.Over AL.Over
I'll be honest, it's kind of dead right now, but I'm going to try and revive it. You can submit something if youd like; certainly wouldnt cause any harm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back