• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Icy Stream - A Post-Apocalyptic thriller

The Icy Stream : Act One
[Interest-check]

40e07a8cbbc5738ba80632c4fff3b0cd.gif

They will tell you, "It spread like wildfire."

They will tell you, "World governments fell, like dominoes on a map."

They will tell you, "We are mankind's only hope"

What they won't tell you, is that they're all madmen.

Voice transcript from Recording Number 4, Philip 'Phil' Baker's Voice recorder. Recorded on 27th October 2028:

[Recording starts]
[Silence for 5 seconds]

Phillip Baker: [Audible sigh] Hey Ben, I'm not going to...uh... be here for breakfast. [Pause] Actually... I'm leaving...for the mountains...with the usual gang. [Sigh] Um... look. I shouldn't be telling you this but... uh... when you're older. Run and escape. Don't tell Mom or Pa that I told you that. It'll be worse than it actually is. Oh...by the way..tell Mom and Pa that... it's their fault for...all of this. Bringing us here... was a mistake. They're just so blind. I-i mean... I don't belong here. You might not remember but... we were free, Ben, free. W-w-we... [Sigh]...dammit. [Silence] Hey, buddy. Just look out for yourself and when the time comes, leave. Just leave. They're not who they once were. [Pause] I love you ,bro, I really do. Over and out.

[Ruffling noises]

Amy Stocker: Aunt Dee? I'm... so so sorry. I [Sigh] I can't live like this here. They're onto me and I don't know why. [Sniffle and cough] I've packed warm...so yeah. [Pause] I... know what it was like before this. It was...better. I don't know what happened. You never told me... and no one really knows.[Pause] I just... don't know what to say to you. You've stuck up for me... you were took me in after Mom and Dad... [Pause] If they bring me back, somehow, don't go out on the streets. Please... I don't want you to see. [Inaudible mumbling]

[Ruffling noises]

Jack Michaels : Um... Mark...yeah? Go fuck yourself. Right? You think that just because you're my stepdad and pretty much my only so-called 'parent', doesn't mean you can bring me here with you. Doesn't mean you can beat me up and force me to call you 'sir'. [Pause] I'm getting out of this place, okay? Beyond the barbed wire and concrete walls and when I come back... I'll be sticking a gun right into your fucking face... for Mom... you hear me? ["Chill" can be heard, presumably from Phillip] Fuck this, Phil, I'm done anyways.

[Ruffling noises]

Janice Lawton Smith : Look for me Jacob. When you're older...look for me. We're going up into the mountains... it's roughly a four day walk... following a creek instead of going by the roads. Call me crazy... I know Mom would and they would too... but we've heard rumours. Well...more than rumours... we've heard that there's a better world. Out there, somewhere, the United States exist. We'll come back and we will free those still here. [Sigh] Just... look out for your cousins ...and if you can't... come here. [Mumbling: "Randy. Your turn". Silence.]

[Click]
[Recording ends]

Hey! Ok so, TIS is a post-apocalyptic, survival, mystery, thriller RP. (Oh boy, that was a mouthful wasn't it?) Lemme explain:

Set in the early winter of 2035, you are one of the many children trapped in The Compound. The Compound is essentially a walled town at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, ruled by religious zealots and a mad dictator. The living conditions there are horrible, food is scarce, violence conducted by the dictator's thugs are everywhere and public executions are common. Basically, imagine an operating dystopia without modern technology.

You're not sure how you got here or why you're even here. You know little about your own history, but you've heard whispers and rumours of a community called 'The United Front', which are the remains of the old United States government that collapsed during the apocalypse. The route there is simple, escape the compound, reach a nearby lake and follow a stream up to the mountains for a few days. From there, you should reach the HQ of The United Front. Easy, right?

Whenever someone escapes (The Compound keeps good track of their citizens), they begin 'The Hunt'. They'll send out men on horses to hunt you down during the daytime. If you're lucky, you're shot dead. If you're not, they'll capture you alive and... "make an example out of you". This, topped off with resource management and Mother Nature's wrath, makes it a suicide mission. And plus, there's no guarantee that there even is a 'United Front', but with a brutal regime breathing down your neck what choice do you have?

TIS: Act 1, is getting from point A to point B alive, but I'll also incorporate resource management (which means scavenging), exploration, some investigation (to what happened before, during and after the Apocalypse) and of course, some nail-biting encounters with hunters! Events in the first act may drastically change what happens in the second act!

Gonna try to keep this a small one, maybe 5-6 people at most?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back