• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Hearts of Nations and War (Official Thread)

Gradous13

King of Snek
The radio that was playing some upbeat music in the barracks suddenly cut out and a new, yet familiar voice came on. It was our new king, King Rienkil...

My fellow Belkans...the unthinkable as just happened days ago and layed to rest... Our great King Derek Wölfe has been assassinated by Raskvana...With a heavy heart I will take the throne but I swear we will, as a powerful nation, put a stop to the attacks in our cities and towns. Destroy those who dare threaten our way of life and take what Raskvana doesn't deserve...Raskvana thinks they can get away with this they are horribly wrong. Soon their King will bow down to even the meekest of Belka...

So that is it? The Belkans have declared war on us? Do they not realize it is not we who assassinated their great King? Very well then, if they want to blame us for what Arcadian forces have done then I will send our military forces to crush the Balkan fools! How dare they bring death to the door of our glorious motherland?! How dare they think they have the right to pin this on us! They haven't the right, let alone chance to win!

King Derek Wölfe... a king loved by the Balkan people's was assassinated by Arcadian forces disguised as Raskvan commandos. Belka immediately took arms and blamed it upon Raskvana, their neighbor to the north east. Now a new leader has been appointed, King Liam Rienkil...

King Rienkil is extreme and powerful and has the Belkans full approval. He seeks death for the Raskvan King and his people and will not stop until their country is burned to the ground and claimed by Belka

King Dragovich, he is a just and fair leader of the Raskvan peoples, he may not be the most loved, but certainly the most respected. Raskvans respect Dragovich due to his decisions that he has made, many of them hard to put through but the turn out in the end has always been a positive factor....

Now the fires of war are upon the two great nations, perhaps even the world, will corruption seize the people's of Belka and Raskvana with an iron fist, or could it be that maybe...just maybe, a groupe of people could put their differences aside and destroy the evil spreading throughout the land thanks to King Rienkil...

Raskvana is industrious centrally, farm land and forests cover Raskvana with a massive mountain range in the south. The Lokoa Mountain range is relatively easy to navigate by foot along with light and medium vehicles such as cars, trucks and half tracks. Heavier equipment such as tanks will have a much harder time through the winding roads and steep hills. It snows seven months out of the year and is mostly hot during the summer. The Raskvans have adapted to the extreme climate of their motherland and know how to use it to their advantage...

(Raskvan tachnology is based off of Soviet Russia of WW2)

Belka is very industrial, most of central and North Belka are industrialized with the south being farm land. The cities and towns are strategically built and placed (for the most part) and there is a small arms force in the the larger cities such as Krupp and Serena and a larger forces in the Capital city, Tileria and the two main industrial cities of Gralda to the north, and Wasser to the east. Like their enemy, Belka knows how to use their land for success...

(Belka has a German technology base for their weapons)

(TLDR: Belka's King was assassinated and the deed was blamed on Raskvana. Belka now has a new, extreme and powerful king that wants to watch Raskvana burn no matter the cost...

Raskvana is now going to defend herself by any means necessary to keep the people's land out of Belkan hands...)

You are apart of 1st Squad, 1st platoon of the 3rd Assault Infantry Division of the Belkan military. You have been trained in urban ops, unconventional warfare, Infiltration and sabatoge. This Squad of ten have already seen combat against Arcadian Rebels and have proven to their worth to the nation and have been recognized as Elite by the King himself.

The mood was upbeat if you were looking at the scene from a distance, but the comrades of 1st Squad, 1st Platoon of the 3rd Assault Infantry Division were ready to rip the Raskvans apart with their bear hands as they went about their Saturday off. Card games, music, weapons maitenance, and a little combatives was what they were doing for the most part of the late morning...

The door suddenly bursts open as Captain Emil Wasser came walking into the barracks. "Gather around and listen up!" The man boomed as everyone got to their feet and made a horse shoe shapedo formation in front of the Officer. "Alright, so here is the briefing on what the plan is for us, the brass spared no time in mobilizing us. It is currently 1036, at 1800 I want accountability of rations, water, ammunition, tool, the works ready to be loaded up for transport." Wasser said as he looked at each of his men, "I would like for us to be Oscar Mike by 2000 hours towards the border. We are going to rendezvous with a Mechanized element from the 7th Corps at Hollishire. There we will get the meat and potatoes of our actual mission." He gave a slight cough and a quick pause before continuing, "Gentlemen, we are going to war so do what you need to do before we step off, I'll see you at 1800" the Captain finished and left the barracks, the door shutting behind him with a thud.

Preparing for the worst, Fritz had some idea on what would happen. "Getting into position." Primary weapon, checked out. Secondary weapon, checked out. Emergency pistol, checked out. Weapons and ammunition were secured in his sack. Rations and water were also in his sack, as starvation and dehydration would hinder rather than help. All necessities were brought for the war. No extras at all, as Fritz Schmidt left all of his mental and emotional baggage at the door as soon as he volunteered.

While he was inexperienced, he showed a lot of promise during training. Today was the beginning of the first blood. At least Fritz had a few minutes' worth of time to prepare mentally. The assault trooper knew to make every shot count. He'd be the first one in and the last one out. It was all up to him and other assault troopers to deal the first blows to the enemy.

Standing with his arms folded and his back straightened against a wall Dieter Wolff watched as others around him turned to their equipment and began packing, he didn't however as he had already done this a few hours ago, as a person of leadership he had to be ahead to set a solid example, taking of his gray field cap for a moment or two to scratch his bald and quite frankly shining head, he pushed away from the old concrete wall, as he did this a few paint chips crumbled from the wall and came off on his fingers, he wiped his hand down his trousers before he began to walk.

@DerUbermensch | @Gradous13

The tall stocky man looked to his left and to his right as he walked through the open room, raising both of his hands up to place and fit his field cap to his head once again, Wolff had made his way over to Schimdt, placing a decently large sized hand on the younger mans shoulder squeezing it just slightly, he came to stand beside him "How are you Soldat?" he took a few moments pause to look at the man before speaking once again suggesting that he wasn't truly asking a question "I know this is your first time going to war, but there's something that a lot of new people do, they let fear in.... Now i'm not saying that you will but I just want to remind you to not let fear into that brain of yours" he offered small smirk and a quiet huff of a laugh to him before continuing once again "The enemy is not ten foot tall Fritz Schimdt... he's four-two, he's got a short reach and your going to kill him" he started to laugh "Just remember that Fritz Schimdt and you'll make your country proud and make it back home" patting the mans shoulder twice before releasing it and turning himself to look over at Faust "Obergefreiter!, Faust, You all set to go my friend?"

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lord Shaxx:

"I'm going to have to be the the first one in and last one out. That's for certain. It's the job as an assault trooper. And that means Raskvana is in for it now." A little trash talk made the conversation go round. "Fear is out of the question for me."

The assault trooper also chuckled with everyone else. Cameraderie can reinforce teamwork. Fritz would look forward to having twice the victory with only half the defeat with his team. "Ready when we all are!" While Raskvans are indeed the main enemy, he also thought Arcadians would be the enemy too. Their "reputation" for deceit and backstabbing were to be considered by Fritz. Every essential was in the bag for Fritz and weapons were readied when needed.

It's about time for a first blood or two.

After the Captain spoke, Mathais went back to wiping down the last parts of his MG42 before he reassembled it, "Obergefreiter!, Faust, You all set to go my friend?" The familiar voice of Unterfeldwebel Elias Wolff said aloud, Mathais stood up from his chair and faced the man whom he has fought alongside countless times before, against the Arcadians..

"I am ready, Unterfeldwebel, everything is in order and ready to go, just as you have taught me, I am looking forward to fighting the enemy alongside you and our other comrades once more" Faust said with a serious tone, "We will destroy Raskvana for what they have done, but for now, I am going to have a smoke..." Faust continued now with a slightly cheery voice, he opened a window and brought a cigarette to his lips and lit the tobacco with a match, "Cigarette, Elmo?" Faust offered to the staff sergeant thinking back to the last battle they were in against the Arcadians. Mathais's deminor went back to its seriousness, they way its been since that battle just a little over a year ago, "It's uhh... it's a shame that Fankie is no long with us...." He watched as Wolff placed his hand on his shoulder "I won't make that mistake twice, Sergeant..." Faust finished, the memory still weighing heavily on his mind...

@Lord Shaxx

@Gradous13

Giving off a smirk along with a curt nod he declined the offered cigarette, as the other man spoke he placed a hand down onto his shoulder, nodding once again, the death of their long time comrade Frank Gunther had hit the both of them quite hard when it happened "Frankie was a good man and an excellent soldier, he would have loved it now.... he hated the Raskvans long before this war..." he paused, quite a few moments went by as he thought about the past, a small twitch in his lips occurred as he let out a few breathy laughs before turning back to Faust "Do you remember when Frankie stole those two chickens from an Arcadian farmer?" he began to laugh as he spoke "He came bursting out of the coup, he was covered in feathers, the birds were shitting on his clothes and the farmer was chasing him with a shotgun, Frankie looked like he was about to piss himself" as he said the last part he released Faust's shoulder and banged the bottom of his closed fist down on the window seal a few times as he laughed.

Turning around and leaning back against the window seal he sat on the ledge slightly, still amused by the recollection of the tale, he placed both hands on the chipped paint of the ledge and continued to laugh, coughing slightly as he did.

@Lord Shaxx

Wolff declinde sthe smoke, he bagn recalling the time Frankie stole a couple chickens from an Arcadian farmer because their rations had run short, almost getting shot in the ass by a shotgun wielding old man. Mathais was taking a drag from his cigarette then bursted out in laughter almost swallowing the smoldering tabacco, "AND he tripped on a rock while running through the field and fell in fresh manure, I couldnt decide who got the shittier end, Frankie or the farmer!" Mathais laughed as he flicked the cigarette out the window. "Hehehe, god damn those were good times... we'll have more...Yeah, Frankie was a damn good soldier, and an even better comrade, there is no doubt there...Well, i better get my gear over to the trucks, eh? Dont want to piss off the Captain" Mathais gave Elmo a good slap on the chest causeing the sergeant to chough a bit more, Mathais gave him a grin and grabbed his gear before heading out to the trucks...

Amelia leaned against a truck after just finishing up with loading her gear. Unlike most of the other soldiers. She didn't have to worry about all the extra stuff like a weapon or ammo. instead she had medical supplies. But as usual. there never seemed to be enough. "If it's not food. It's my damn supplies." She mumbled in between draws. Normally she doesn't smoke but this was a special occasion. They were at the eve of war, and well She was frightened. Hell, everyone was probably frightened. if they weren't they are either Lying or an Idiot. looking up, Amelia noticed Mathias exit the Barracks towards the trucks. Watching him stroll up to the trucks She waited till he was only a few feet away before she said anything. "So hows everyone doing?" dropping the butt of her Cigerette. Amelia brought her middle and index finger up to her lips, asking if she could get another.

@DerUbermensch

Whistling quietly to him self as he thought back on a couple more moments with Frankie, they were good times for him, nodding to himself without any true reason behind it he leaned forwards, using the slightly below average height window seal as butt rest whilst he patted on his knees needlessly, Well... That's enough reminiscing for now Elmo... Back to work, he pushed off from the seal, once again the old paint stuck to his palms and he again had to wipe it off "And back to work I will go" he said aloud to himself, proceeding to walk across the room once again, he clasped his hands tightly at his lower back walking in fashion similar to that of an officer, head held high, shoulders squared and eyes narrowed with a stolid expression, he was back to his general serious demeanour.

The Unterfeldwebel made his way over to the bunk and station of Fritz once again, this time there on a more official note, turning on the balls and heels of his feet to face the younger man, looking at him intensely for a brief moment before speaking
"Soldat Schimdt, If you're finished with your personal admin get your equipment loaded up on the trucks and after... get yourself a hair cut, you're starting to look like a mop with arms, just because we are on the verge of stepping of to war does not mean standards are not enforced" he stepped back slightly looking around the room before raising his voice exponentially "That goes for all of you, I want your equipment on the trucks by twelve hundred and I want each and every man freshly shaven with lengths in accordance to the division's grooming standard by fourteen hundred is that clear?" nodding to himself as he received replies "As you were" he turned about before making his way to the door, exiting and heading off towards the Captain's office.

Mathais approached the trucks and was greeted by Amelia, the squads medic, "So hows everyone doing?" She asked, Mathais put his equipment down lead back against the truck, "They are ready....for the most part...." he said with a sigh, Mathais leand against the back of the truck and looked at Amelia with his dark blue eyes, "Are you ready, Amelia? For the new war?" Faust's tone cold as ice with the question, he knew her answer, it was the same answer the he will tell her, "Of course". Like most of the squad, both were veterans.

This new war, it is a war to be fought on a scale like no other, fear was in every man and women on both sides... but only veterans knew how to cope with the fear, Its as easy as putting up an umbrella when it rains. Amelia had been with them since before Arcadia and she was the best medic the 3rd could have...and Mathais was always thankful for her presence...

@Commissar Darman

@Lord Shaxx

"I'll be on that directly. No need to tell me twice." Fritz already was done with his personal administration. He loaded his equipment into the trucks as directed. Going with the entire division standard, he did indeed get himself a haircut. A good cleaning up was needed. It also allowed helmets and gas masks to be worn easily too.

At least he could stay cleaner, even when the duties become messy. Ultimately running water would be bare minimum for Fritz to stay clean with. Living in a village lowered his expectations, but he always improvised. Rivers did provide a natural source of the cherished resource. Though the villager at heart hopes the plumbing will exceed expectations.

"As ready as one can prepare." She replied. Looking down at her hand. She noticed it was shaking a little. It used to be worse. Back when she first joined she would be shaking so bad before any Operation a few of the men would have to Hold her still til she could calm down. looking back up, She met Mathias gaze. "So, uh. Got any smokes?" Grabbing her hand trying to stop the shaking.

Mathais still leaned against the truck for a moment before standing up, "Yeah, i got some" he replied with a soft voice and took out his pack of smokes and flicked his wrist, causing a couple cigarettes to pop up. He gave one to Amelia and then took on for himself. He used a zippo to light both the cigarettes, Amelia's first then his.

Fritz walked in between them and placed his gear onto the truck and quickly ran off again, "So what do you think of Fritz?" Mathais asked taking another drag from his tobacco "I think he has potential..."

Taking the Cigarette, Amelia brought it to her lips and let Mathias light it. Leaning back as drew in a lungful of smoke and exhaled. Amelia thought on the mans question. "He does have potential." She replied, a Frown forming as she then criticized the boy. " But i see too much 'Hero' in him. And I don't need another hero dying in my arms."

Closing her eyes, Amelia wonder just how many would make it back alive. If they were lucky, All would. But this is war and war was never that Forgiving. "Hey, do me a favor. When this war is over. Buy me a drink."

Mathais bursted out with laughter, "Hahaha, I'll buy us whole bottle!" He said, giving Amelia a warm smile after wards then gave a sigh "I see what you're saying though, we need to show him that he doesn't need to prove anything...even if it is only you and I trying do just that" Mathais finished as he dropped the cigarette on the ground, twisting his boot on it to put it out.

"Amelia, I would like a favor from you if you dont mind..." Faust began, his voice kind and a little shaky as he out his hands in his pockets as he looked down at the ground and then met Amelia's eyes with his "I would uhh, like to take you out to dinner when we get back, if you don't mind..."

@Commissar Darman

Three soft knocks came from the oak door while Captain Wasser was looking over several documents "You may enter" he said with with a sigh. The man hated paper work but didnt really find it all that boring, it was just a known fact that he loved training and fighting. The Captian looked up to find Unterfeldwebel Wolff standing before him at attention, "At ease, Wolff, well what is your report? Are my soldiers ready to move?" Asked the Captain as he looked upon his finest NCO....

@Lord Shaxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back