• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Hanging Garden [Interest Check]

Where off thou should we go?

• Mountains

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Lake

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Underground

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Axion

MIA

• Babylonia.jpg

The legend of a garden that hangs in the sky predates back to a time where the planet Thrae, was infested with monsters, where the days were short and the nights were long. Vicious creatures thrived under these conditions and began razing the surface of resources and even all of mankind.

But the last of humanity were granted a miracle. Gods who had seen the disaster unfold before their very eyes, offered humanity a sanctuary. One where they would live in harmony and away from danger, a place where even the gods considered it as paradise. The gods would rebuild Thrae from the ground up while humanity would wait, protected inside the Hanging Garden as they lived their lives like nobles.

Years later, the gods had finished their job of rebuilding Thrae and returned humanity back onto the surface. As the gods abided farewell and good luck to the last of humanity, the Hanging Garden, along with the gods, rose back to the clouds and disappeared into the blue sky where both were never seen again for thousands of years. Mankind would forever embed the memories of the Hanging Garden into their brain, telling the story and writing it down into books for generations upon generations.

Last edited:
Curious. I'd like information on where we're going with this. Your initial post is a blurb of history, but I see nothing about the potential for forward movement. What sort of story are you looking to weave here? Also, what sort of world are we writing in?

Curious. I'd like information on where we're going with this. Your initial post is a blurb of history, but I see nothing about the potential for forward movement. What sort of story are you looking to weave here? Also, what sort of world are we writing in?

The story would be mostly character driven with hints of plot-story driven but focuses more on the character development.

For the world building, there haven't been a major development in forming kingdoms/hierarchy so everyone's sorta independent without any super authority supervising them for the most part. Most of the population live in small towns/villages scattered on a mostly untapped continent that have learned, over the course of hundreds of years, trading, writing, smithing, etc.

I hope I answered your question well enough.

I am very interested in this rp. How do I join/make a character? I am new to RPN so trying to get the hang of all of this lol

I am very interested in this rp. How do I join/make a character? I am new to RPN so trying to get the hang of all of this lol

No worries I'll help you as much as I and others can do. For this, I'm just pitching my idea out if others are interested and are willing to RP with me on this. When I feel like there's a number of people or high demand in interest then I'll make a thread that will lead to making your Cs and such.

If you got more questions feel free to ask me or others for certain help in things.

The story would be mostly character driven with hints of plot-story driven but focuses more on the character development.

For the world building, there haven't been a major development in forming kingdoms/hierarchy so everyone's sorta independent without any super authority supervising them for the most part. Most of the population live in small towns/villages scattered on a mostly untapped continent that have learned, over the course of hundreds of years, trading, writing, smithing, etc.

I hope I answered your question well enough.

Mostly, I'm trying to figure out what type of world it is. IE, are we talking about a natural world with normal physics and realistic races, or are we talking about a fantastical world where magic is a thing and there are races other than humans and normal animals?

Mostly, I'm trying to figure out what type of world it is. IE, are we talking about a natural world with normal physics and realistic races, or are we talking about a fantastical world where magic is a thing and there are races other than humans and normal animals?

To elaborate more, it is set in a somewhat realistic/fantasy environment where there is no magic for the first part and there are only humans, along with all kinds of strange, variety of animals/creatures.

Before I make the thread, since it seems no one else is going to join and it's just gonna be us three, I'd like our characters to already know each other in IC to sorta make it a close knit circle of friends that are acquainted. What do you guys think?

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 idalie idalie

Alright thanks!

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-hanging-garden-cs.350869/

Here's the thread to Cs I'll be making OOC and IC soon after and post my Cs for reference if you need it.
Before I make the thread, since it seems no one else is going to join and it's just gonna be us three, I'd like our characters to already know each other in IC to sorta make it a close knit circle of friends that are acquainted. What do you guys think?

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 idalie idalie

That's fine with that, I'm at work right now so I'll get my character out sometime later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back