• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guild of El'yssi [CS] [Waitlist is open]

Azukai

Zuki
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
135785834f0ba12a5c.png

| Wiki | Main Thread | OOC |

Guild Application

~~~
Character Basics
Forename:
Surname:
Appearance: This may be a picture or description.

Character Background

Personality:
History: In this section, make sure to include the reason why your character has chosen to become an explorer; rather than a standard day job.

Trinity Arts

In this section, explain your character's combat style in regards to the Trinity Arts. Since the roleplay is more than just combat, it does not matter if all characters are on the same "level" of combative prowess. The only requirements are as follows:
  • No Gary/Mary sues. There are ups and downs to each element of the Trinity Arts. You can't excel at everything--if you spent your life inventing, you won't be as adept with a sword when compared to someone who spent their life training instead.
  • Make sure your "level" is believable for your character's age and upbringing. Aka, a 10 year old is not going to be on par with a master swordsman who has trained his life.
  • Have fun with your powers/skills! Remember, this is a fantasy rp! A swordsman can be more than just a walking pokey, slashy stick.
Open Slots
~~~
1. Pyosimros Pyosimros
2. Ridge Ridge
3. Kloudy Kloudy
4. Ninth Ninth
5. ThisUsernameIsALie ThisUsernameIsALie

Last edited:
Character Basics
Forename:
Kypher

Surname:
Hawthorne

Appearance:
1704311-bigthumbnail.jpg

Character Background

Personality:
Kypher has a lot of hubris and a lot of flaws. Whilst his strengths seem quite extreme, his weaknesses more than make up for it and this sometimes shows on the surface of his brain. Kypher believes himself to be better than most, however he usually tries to remain cautious when things look serious. Kypher is very cold and sometimes hostile to people he doesn't know or like, and is rarely friendly and cheerful with even his friends. Kypher doesn't particularly like animals much, however he has a soft spot for dogs. Kypher can't stand hot conditions, but he has an unusually high tolerance for cold environments.

Kypher serves mostly himself, when it comes to loyalty. Whilst he may do things for close friends and even stand by them, Kypher is Kypher's priority concern and he is very unmerciful to those that would try to threaten his priority. He is very serious, calm and reserved, generally quiet and unreactive to non-essential interactions. Despite this, he does possess some form of dry humour and he also has an affinity for puns, however it may turn quite dark at times.

History:
Kypher had always yearned for greatness, even during his more infant years. He had been born in a fishing village in the Eastern Sari territory, just on the border from the North and South divide and facing out towards the grand Okari ocean. Kypher's father, a well-built, stoic 'larger-than-life' man, was head of the village and also captain of the "ColdWolf"; a valiant ship outfitted to face other ships in open combat across the waves. Kypher's father would traverse the Okari, searching for pirates and raiders so that he could protect the coastal villages as best he could, receiving generous donations from said villages and fighting many glorious battles.

Whilst this was as heroic as it was amazing to witness, there was a problem: Kypher's father had married a woman born from the South. And his father was from the North. It was a disapproved love, but with his noble acts held in high regard, it was allowed by the villages' elders. They had a son, named Kypher, and cherished the boy for all they were worth. His mother, a powerful water-bender, vowed to teach him all she knew of the arts. His father, the gallant pirate-slayer, promised to train the boy into a feared hero that all of history would remember.

Years went by. Kypher trained to handle a ship, to fight in armed combat, to lead men. He learned to control his incredible power, to mould the very ocean to his whims. But throughout this period of intense education, sacrifices had to be made. Kypher had no friends, he knew not how befriend or charm, the notion of love eluded him. Kypher was avoided by youth and elders alike for his tabooed heritage, his scarily-powerful abilities and his unshakably cold demeanour. It was due to his serious nature and forever-calm attitude that allowed him to remain so reserved from the world around him.

And so the time came for Kypher's training to end. As sorrowful as it was, history could not have been as cruel as it was kind to such a tragic hero. An assassination, killing both his parents in an act of pure malice. And although Kypher held his dying mother in his arms, still no tears would fall. Perhaps they had frozen up in his eyes, perhaps he was too cold for such weakness. And so life would go on for young Kypher as he took up his parents' mantles. Kypher became feared by bandits throughout the Okari itself as a real life "Davy Jones", his command over the very water they sailed upon unquestionable to any that would oppose him. The name "Cold Wolf" had spread so far through even the land-based part of the country as well that history had made a legend out of him.

But this had not been enough for Kypher. Much to the protests and hate-inducement from the elders and even some of the local villages to his hometown, Kypher gave up his post as captain of the "ColdWolf" in search of something greater. His duty to his parents had been paid for in the years of experience he had gained, the new crews he'd trained being more than enough to stave off the raider onslaught.

Kypher wanted more out of life that just what his parent's had envisioned for him. He wanted something less linear out of an adventure than simply defeating pirates, he wanted excitement, a true challenge, love, rivals, enemies, friends, defeat. He wanted something that would truly allow him to make his mark on history, not just stain it with another urban legend. No amount of bandit-slaying would ever be good enough for him, no young, weak ship's crew would spark adrenaline in his system. Kypher wanted to know fear, just as he wanted to feel the satisfaction of a real victory. More than anything, Kypher just wanted to feel alive.

Trinity Arts
Spirit User:
Water Form - The ability to generate and manipulate water in all its states, specifically (but not limited to) ice.

Force Arts User:
Average combat skill with the sword. Generally used in tandem with Water Form.

7672f376cb6de1c5fd8b3d0afd85eb7832fc1ed1_hq.gif

0pXSWN6.gif

de933a7b9b64bf2ca255e016b78a8e3e04767c3b_hq.gif

Last edited:
dcb9d537841c616946a75d1eeba4e1dd--old-mage-healer-witch.jpg
Character Basics

Forename: Jadis
Surname: Menna

Character Background
Personality: Silent until needed, Jadis very rarely speaks to her pupils and/or others. Her speech is normally displayed through her actions rather than by words, however, this doesn’t mean she doesn’t ever open her mouth. When she does it is to those she believes in or have deep worries about. Often seen as a grandmother to most, her attachment to others is distant as to not be hurt in the future by them.
Passionate and caring, those who have become close to Jadis notice a diffeeent side to this woman. Seeing the pain and misery she goes through to keep them alive and well.

History:
Forgotten and lost, Jadis as a child was never loved by many others, which is often suspected to be the reason for her distant personality. Yet when taken into care by other elders, she was raised to be a trainer of other magic users. Unknowing to herself that she herself possessed the ability, it was a shock when one day she was able to move her training equipment without touch.

Running to her current caregivers, they explained they did not know about it either. Giving Jadis the choice whether to begin her own training, she grabbed at the opportunity. Years and years mastering her art, she slowly wanted more from her life and returned to training others.

Many other tragedies happened, but that is somethig Jadis keeps to herself. At the age of sixty-two, she has lost hope of the current classes that are at her monastery. Although she may not be in the prime of her life, now she feels is the time to adventure the world of unknown.

Trinity Arts

Spirit Art; Air manipulation - with the ability to move solid objects. She is able to control air enough to move them though nothing larger than an oak tree, this s a last resort due to the catastrophic results it can land in.
tumblr_nw471zclOH1rfd7lko1_500.gif

cc177d3a593bbad098e984d75f1c993457ea7222_hq.gif

Force Art; Stick combat - trainee in combat using a long staff she uses fluid movements rather than quick jabs and stabs.
8b6128595b6710f0ad460f8e54c5e288.jpg

General skills;
Northern Mule riding - due to her age, Jadis has found other ways of getting herself around. Including Northen Mules, one in particular named Jode.
a4a6f1764c128b2b0d7c2478fb18f631--art-tutorial-creature-design.jpg
Acupuncture - known as a delicate art, Jadis has spent her time prickling her student so their muscles relax but if able to be persuaded. She can inflict paralysis on unsuspecting participates.

Last edited:
Not mobile friendly - zoom out if the code is cut off!

>>|
AIRI LUCASTA
BASIC INFORMATION
FORENAME
Airi

SURNAME
Lucasta

RACE
Synthi

HEIGHT
5'6"

WEIGHT
126lbs
  • PERSONALITY
    Airi is a bright young mind hailing from the nation of Afévresi. Born and raised within one of its major cities, the girl quickly grew accustomed to the hustle and bustle - eventually turning a hard work ethic into ambition. She always feels as if she was destined for greatness, hence why she took up the explorer's journey.

Throughout her life, Airi has grown with a rather low physical skill level; low stamina, low strength, the only adequate aspect is her average speed. This weakness however is balanced with her intelligence. She is in no way a genius, though she possesses a naturally sharp mind. Airi picks up various scientific concepts quickly, allowing her to excel within a classroom environment. However in a "real world" setting, it is still unsure whether or not the girl will thrive.

Where Airi is rich in intelligence, she lacks in wisdom. Airi still possesses a childlike naïveté in terms of the "real world". She has an extremely idealistic view of her goals and how her life will play out. No test or project will ever stress the girl, though the stress of combat or travel will. Certainly not to a point in which she is unfit to be an explorer - since she has been admitted as a seeker thus far, though Airi still requires some sort of mentor figure to guide her through her journey.

All the while Airi carries on with life happily. She is perhaps the definition of a "goody two-shoes". She helps the old lady cross the street, she carries others' groceries for them, and she cheerfully greets strangers. There is not much to be said of this aspect of Airi, as it can nearly always be clearly seen by others.

Benio.%28Dontsugel%29.full.2018728.jpg

Character Basics
Forename: Airi
Surname: Lucasta
Race: Synthi
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 126lbs

Character Background
Personality: Airi is a bright young mind hailing from the nation of Afévresi. Born and raised within one of its major cities, the girl quickly grew accustomed to the hustle and bustle - eventually turning a hard work ethic into ambition. She always feels as if she was destined for greatness, hence why she took up the explorer's journey.

Throughout her life, Airi has grown with a rather low physical skill level; low stamina, low strength, the only adequate aspect is her average speed. This weakness however is balanced with her intelligence. She is in no way a genius, though she possesses a naturally sharp mind. Airi picks up various scientific concepts quickly, allowing her to excel within a classroom environment. However in a "real world" setting, it is still unsure whether or not the girl will thrive.

Where Airi is rich in intelligence, she lacks in wisdom. Airi still possesses a childlike naïveté in terms of the "real world". She has an extremely idealistic view of her goals and how her life will play out. No test or project will ever stress the girl, though the stress of combat or travel will. Certainly not to a point in which she is unfit to be an explorer - since she has been admitted as a seeker thus far, though Airi still requires some sort of mentor figure to guide her through her journey.

All the while Airi carries on with life happily. She is perhaps the definition of a "goody two-shoes". She helps the old lady cross the street, she carries others' groceries for them, and she cheerfully greets strangers. There is not much to be said of this aspect of Airi, as it can nearly always be clearly seen by others.

History: Airi was born and raised within a city in the nation of Afévresi to two pressuring parents. From the minute Airi was born her life was controlled in many ways. Her parents wished for a successful child, even if it meant the sacrifice of a happy child. Upon reaching a sufficient age to begin her education, these pressures were visibly seen. She spent most of her day studying, else she would be scolded, and her parents constantly signed her up for various extracurriculars.

Airi held no interest in the various lessons she was brought to outside of school. She detested martial art lessons as she came home with bruises each night, though there was one extracurricular she did enjoy: art. Airi is seemingly naturally gifted in the practice, able to paint and draw these magnificent paintings and sketches at an early age. This talent was suppressed however, as art was not profitable or useful in her parents eyes. Thus, Airi focused on her studies and thought up another career path.

In her teen years Airi still found trouble in finding a career path. She wanted her name to be known across the lands - rather than becoming some no-name scientist. So instead, she looked towards exploring. Airi dreamt of all the things she could discover - all the creatures or secrets she herself will unlock. This grew a sense of wanderlust in the girl - and with the consent of her parents - Airi headed towards this new goal, becoming a seeker within the Guild.

Trinity Arts
Force Arts: Airi's skill with force arts is amateur at best. When the girl was young, her parents had hired a private tutor to teach her from ages seven to twelve, though this knowledge has since much of less faded away. Airi holds enough knowledge to keep an opponent at bay in hand-to-hand combat before fleeing, yet not enough to endure a full battle.

Technological Arts: Airi possesses a high aptitude in respect to the technological arts. Likely the reason she was admitted as a seeker, she picks up technological concepts quickly before applying them to suit her needs.

In the context of combat, Airi makes use of various tools in order to lessen her crutch of an amateur skill with force arts and an inability to perform spirit arts. She keeps a small pouch with her at all times; often times tools within it will suit the combat scenario. Various wire and spring traps, low-power bombs, and numerous sprays are amongst the tools Airi possesses. In addition to this, she possesses a rudimentary pistol, though she general carries ten rounds opposed to hundreds at a time to lessen the weight of her pouch.

Spirit Arts: Airi possesses no skill in spirit arts. Visually she has seen various unnatural feats performed by this trinity art, yet she herself lacks the spiritually to perform them. Airi sees no logic in this art - and due to this misunderstanding - Airi therefore cannot understand how to perform spiritual techniques.

Last edited:
Appearance:
lucien_by_chibi_oneechan-d7zabfg.jpg

"What's your name, sir?"

"Nicholas Kerlohf."

"Your age?"

"Don't know. Jem reckoned around 20."

“And your race?”

“Synthi. Well, we think. Given my upbringing, can’t know for sure. We used to joke that I must’ve had a bit of Fytali in me, given my grace with the sword.

"Gender?"

*a minor pause* "I'd like to think you'd be able to tell without asking, but male."

"It’s just a formality, I have to ask every question on the sheet. Any prior job history?"

"Does the circus count?"

"Certainly. Talents in any of the Trinity arts?"

"Well, that's a tad complicated. My "shtick" when I was with the show was fighting, all sorts of it. I seem to have a sort of affinity for combat. Something about it thrills me...the grace, the challenge, the adrenaline. I don't know. Whatever the case, the Barker, who's the head of the Circus I was with, noticed. My act was that members of the audience could challenge me to any sort of "fight" they wanted, be it a duel, wrestling match, shooting match, whatever. The challenger would place a bet, and if they beat me, the Barker promised to double their money. If they lost, they'd lose whatever they'd put down. It took a few years of learning, but after a while, I won almost all of them. Needless to say, I'm fairly skilled in all manner of weapon or combat: swordsmanship, bows, rifles, pistols, fisticuffs, you name it. As for technology, if it's any sort of weapon, mechanized or otherwise, I can pick it apart in a matter of seconds. Aside from that, I’m very interested in all manner of doo-dad and gadget. You’d be surprised what sorts of things people will wager, and I had to learn to place a value on the random things people would put down. ‘Cause of this, I took an interest in the technology and customs of foreign lands. I’d often ask the more friendly challengers how the item worked, or what it was used for and the like. I’m absolutely terrible at actually building anything except for weapons, and I seem to have a propensity for inadvertently messing up anything complicated, but I absolutely love the idea of gadgets and the cultures around them. That’s part of the reason I wanted to join the Guild, as a matter of fact. Now as for the… “Spirit Arts” as you call them around here, I haven’t a clue. I came across them from time to time with the Circus, but never more than that. To be honest with you, the thought of someone being able to do all that with just their minds sorta sets me on edge. I’m sure they’re a decent lot, but something about ‘em just sorta unnerves me.”

“Sounds like quite the life. Would it interest you to know that I myself am an Aeromancer?”

“Oh. Uh… please don’t take offense. I just wanted to be honest with you and all. You seem nice. I didn’t mean anything against you or your people.”

“Don’t worry about it. You’re hardly the first Synthi to be a bit off-put by my kind. Now, what made you want to join the Guild?”

“....Well, if you’ll excuse me again ma’am, I’d rather not get into the situation which brought me to join the Guild.”

“You aren’t obligated to say anything, Mr. Nicholas, and I understand if your prior situation was not particularly desirable. However, I would at least recommend you say what drew you to the Guild in the first place.”

“Hmm. I suppose there are a couple of reasons. For one, like I mentioned above, I’m very interested in other cultures, particularly their technology and customs. Exploring would be a way of learning about such things. In addition, I think I’d appreciate the challenge of exploring. Being out in the wild, just you, your allies, and your wits… it’d be quite the thrill. Is that enough?”

“It should be, thank you. Have a good day. We’ll get in touch with you once we figure out where you’ll be placed.”

“Okay, thank you ma’am. Good day to you as well. Nal’an Maten.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back