• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Griggs House (Modern Life Among The Haunted, Cursed and Monstrous)

If there's still room to join, I have two ideas:

One is an exile of a clade of immortals, who are intensely afraid of death. Voluntarily exiled for letting another die, she came here in her wandering. Their immortality is utterly conditional on many rules, some obvious, some broad, some specific and all of them related to their societal role. She is utterly committed to never break them, despite the sheer difficulty in doing so away from her own community.

The second is an Ogre, or as she calls herself, a true human. A race of giants, once, now greatly diminished, she lacks empathy for normal humans and possess a terrible, cannibalistic curse. In the proper sense. Although she is not exactly opposed to eating ordinary humans (she does not care either way), her kind cannot be around itself. She is in town as part of her archaeological interests, investigating sites of her ancient people and it's dead gods.

Totally forgot to write out my character ideas! I have two to choose from.

One is a siren, a beautiful young maiden who drowned centuries ago and started to haunt the pond she drowned in. She drew unsuspecting people to her pond to drown them. Now her pond has dried out and she has nowhere else to go. She's a permanent resident.

Another one would be an imp that likes to often play pranks in the house and annoying the residents. He tricked one of Matthew's ancestors to make a wish and believes that the debt of making that wish come true will be payed if the imp gets to reside in the house.

Very very interested, though there are so many ideas going through my mind, I haven't quite landed on a full developed character just yet. Is there anything needed or wanted to help drive the plot?

Thank you all so much for your interest and your patience!

Unfortunately, my schedule and commitments have changed since I first decided to create this RP, and I no longer think that it is feasible for me to do it right now. :closedeyesfrown: I was already concerned about the possibility of having so many writers and characters (or of having to deny people!), but with my schedule change as well I know that it is just too much for me currently.

I'm hopeful that I might be able to return to this concept in the future (in the spring maybe?), but for now it is going on a hiatus of undetermined length.

I'm very sorry to disappoint, but figured it would be better to own up to it rather than leave you all hanging- Again, thank you for the interest and feedback, I really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back