• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Great War (A Supernatural Alternate WWI)

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
The year is 1919. The Great War, instead of ending as it was supposed to, has drug on. Millions have died for reasons they don't even understand, morale is at an all time low, and the war seems as if it will never end. Turns out, this was the plan of the Black Hand, the group that assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand. You see, they were Serbian revolutionaries. They were a group of Serbian cultists who wanted to ressurect their God, the Black One. To do this, they would need to cause an immense amount of suffering and hatred. Something the Great War could provide. Now, the ritual has been completed, and the dead are beginning to rise, demons have begun to possess those on the battlefield or walk the Earth in their true form. During all of this, there is a battlefield near the Somme. On one side, the French, British, and Americans, and on the other, the Germans and Austro-Hungarians, still fighting on the day hell broke loose. These are their stories.

Hi! So this is a pretty dark alternate history where WWI lasted longer than it did in real life, and that the war was started by a demonic cult to summon their Lovecraftian God. Our characters will be in the middle of the war when hell literally breaks loose, and then it's just them trying to survive, whether separate or apart. You can be in any of the mentioned sides, but keep in mind the time period and the side your character is on. You can have as many characters as you want, as long as you can keep up with them, of course. Anyway, yeah! Anybody interested?

Sounds pretty interesting, I've always thought WW1 was much more interesting and less talked about than WW2. *pretends like i didnt disappear on you for a year... and 3 days (seriously, almost a year to the day)*

Dude, it's okay. Don't worry. And I agree with you. It's probably because you can't really glorify WWI. Millions of people died for reasons they didn't even understand, a large portion of them weren't even eighteen. The latter was especially bad with the English, some of the recruits being just thirteen.

I also find it a little bit funny (in a dark way) how spectacularly WW1 backfired on Serbia. After having assassinated the royal family, serbia and Austro-hungary insisted on the war, even though they really didn't have to go through with it. For serbia's little punch on Austro-hungary, AH swung back, and they swung back HARD. Death tolls estimate serbia's losses to be 16-28% (average of 22%) of it's total population. 1 in every 5 serbians were killed. the funniest part was that the black hand killed the one person who could have probably helped them the most. Franz Ferdinand recognized that AH was crumbling, and it had deep fractures within it, so he wanted to make AH a sort of federalized union of states like the USA to diffuse the tensions and give some autonomy to the constituent nations. This would have helped AH become weaker, yet stronger, and of course help Serbia. Franz was the only person who could have done this AND THEY KILLED HIM. brilliant 7.8/10 too much causalities would watch again in 20 years.
(i learned this from 'The Great War' channel on youtube. would highly recommend you check them out if you like WW1)

You're right. It was one of the most pointless wars in history, started by people who couldn't see the ramifications for killing the one person who could have helped them. And then millions of other people suffered as a result.

Great! Something I kept I'm mind while making this is that a lot of experimental weaponry from the war could be used, like the Farquhar-Hill and other such weapons.

Im afraid im not too familliar with the weapons themselves, aside from the tanks (which have a facinating history of prototypes) and somewhat extensive knowledge of zeppelins.

Although keep in mind that zeppelins-- while quite common during the first half of the war-- saw a rapid decline is use after the the far less advanced airplane started carrying the incendiary bullet, which could level zeppelins with ease. From that point on, zeppelins took too much time and money to build and yielded little result as the airplane quickly outmatched them.

And i look forward to seeing them! there are certainly a lot of great settings in WW1. We should probably hold our horses here a bit on the idea train and see if anyone else want to join first.

SCREEEEEEEEEE XD
WW1 is a fave for me since I'm a history buff. Alas, I am too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back