• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Great Soapbox Derby Interest Check

hailthorn

Hit Me!
Some details about me.
1. I am 30 years old. 2. I work full time.
3. My posts average from 500 to 700 words. 4. I am a male.
5. I prefer male x female pairings. 6. I have been RPing since 2003.
7. I prefer discord but will post here if needed.

Story Idea:

Raven Heart is a small town in a rural state in the United States of America. It is one of those towns where everyone knows each other perhaps a little too well. Every year the town plays host to the Great Soapbox Derby in which contestants fashion together their own karts and race down a mountainside. The event is open to 10-14 year olds and each team consists of five people. The driver, three crew members, and a crew chief.

The story focuses around a specific team. One of my characters is terminally ill with cancer. He recently moved to the small town of Raven Heart from New York. He befriended several of the kids that would eventually make up his team and has garnered a lot of interest from the local media. This year a cloud is hanging over the Great Soapbox Derby as a big chain retail store wants to build a store where a longtime mom and pop shop sits at the base of the mountain. A shop that traditionally given the winner of the GSD a soda pop and a championship trophy.

After some back and forth the retail chain makes a bargain. If my our characters win the GSD they will not put the retail chain at the base of the mountain.

Our characters are successful in their endeavor! They have saved the mom and pop shop. But the next day the terminally ill character dies leaving the other four characters devastated. One eventually moves away for ten years before returning. And when they return they discover the ghost of their long departed friend...

So my goal is to have the events of the GSD take place in flashbacks. The primary story will instead focus on the healing of the four remaining characters and their struggle to finally come to terms with what transpired 10 years previously. If this sounds vaguely familiar it's because it was inspired by Anohana. It is one of my favorite anime. If you haven't watched it I highly suggest it. Thank you for reading my interest check. If you're interested feel free to DM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back