• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Great Gatsby

Do you think there should be an extravagent party now or later?

• Now!! DUhhhh hurry up!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Later, I can wait.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Madeline looked at her, a little startled. "Oh! Well...uh I suppose now then!" She stood up from the chair and glanced at the book, wondering if she should put it away. She decided that she would come back to it. "Alright let's go!" She smiled at Faye. As they were walking out the door, Madeline put her hand on her shoulder. "Hey by the way. Don't feel like your career is any less than your cousin's. You've got an exciting life." She nodded once and smiled.

She followed Faye out into the party, which had somehow gotten larger and louder in the past half hour. More and more people poured in and Madeline wondered when the house would eventually burst. Women dressed in glitter and men in suits from all different sorts of backgrounds dances around her. snowstormspawn snowstormspawn

JS121975985-AFP-Lily-Collins-small_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqTByYZ93P9oRA6ohMQDqnGaUAiX5lLjOCvo8S5eMpyYw.jpg

Interaction: snowstormspawn snowstormspawn
Mentioned: N/A

Wynonna nodded slowly as she took a sip of her drink, leaving her red lipstick stain imprinted on the wine glass. "See," she leaned in close to him and whispered to him. "This is why I love coming to Gatsby's parties because you may never know who you meet. Last month when I was here at his party, I met a woman by the name of Bessie Smith. Interesting character she is, she was singing her and my can I tell you her voice was as interesting as her personality. Her personality was wild, and fun for her age." Wynonna told him as she cleared her throat.

"You and your sister should come over tomorrow for tea," she said to him straight forward. Before she knew it she corrected herself,"...since you said she's a fan of mine, I would love to meet her." Wynonna took another sip where her lipstick stain was.

Faye smiled back at her. “Thank you dear,” she said, sincerely appreciating what Madeline had said. She seemed like a sweet and thoughtful person, and she was beyond delighted to be able to introduce her to her cousin. She followed her out of the library and was taken aback by all the noise and all the people who had arrived. Dancing sure was going to be a lot more difficult now.

She looked around for Roy, but figured he must have found a quiet place to speak to Ms. McClare in peace. “Excuse me?” Faye asked an older gentleman with a moustache, who seemed to do business and negotiate important matters often. “Yes?” he asked, adjusting his spectacle. “Where in this house can a lady have a quiet conversation?” He seemed surprised by her question, but pointed in the direction of the tables. Faye looked that way and spotted Roy and Wynonna on one of the couches. “Thank you kindly, sir!” she said before heading straight for them.

_

As Roy watched Wynonna and listened to her speak, he noticed the inside of the residence was getting louder and louder. Now that all the fashionably late party-goers had arrived, the party was in full swing. “We would be honored to join you for tea,” he said. Suddenly, he noticed that Faye was standing right next to him, and the woman from the library was close behind her. He turned towards her and looked up at them.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt,” Faye said with wide, nervous eyes.
“That’s fine. Wynonna was just asking about you,” Roy said, setting his empty glass down on the small table in front of him.
Faye’s face lit up instantly. “You were?” she whispered.
Roy nodded and looked back over at Wynonna. “Wynonna, this is my cousin, Faye,” he said.
“It’s so wonderful to finally get to meet you,” Faye gushed. “I absolutely adore your work.”
“She invited us over for tea tomorrow. What do you think?"
Faye smiled. "Of course. Nothing would make me happier."
"Splendid. And who is this with you?” Roy asked, glancing at the woman standing next to Faye, just in case Faye was too star-struck to remember what she had said she would do.
Faye blinked back at him. “Oh! Roy, this is..." Dramatic pause. "Madeline. Madeline, this is my cousin, Roy.”
Roy smiled subtly at Madeline, glad to finally know her name, even though it didn’t ring any bells. He was going to have to find out more by speaking to her. “Pleased to make your acquaintance, Miss.”

Truff Truff sprouhtt sprouhtt

I'm gonna make a guy later today because we're sorely lacking XD

Madeline watched as Faye was totally starstruck by the woman standing in front of them. Madeline didn't recognize the woman, but she must be someone awe inspiring. Madeline smiled at the woman. Wynonna, she overheard. She caught the woman's eye and nodded a greeting to her.
"It's wonderful to meet both of you," she spoke softly, suddenly feeling very shy. Was she in way over her head? She normally just spent her time being anonymous at these parties. It minimized the chance of someone recognizing her outside of Gatsby's and getting her in trouble for sneaking in. She grabbed another drink from a man walking by and took a sip.
She was horrible at talking to men. She felt like she couldn't come up with anything to say. She bit her lip nervously then looked at Roy. She sat down in a chair and watched Faye gush over Wynonna. "Well...I think her night was just made," She giggled a little. snowstormspawn snowstormspawn

Who: Raeshawn Jackson
Where: Gatsby's Party
Mentioned: sprouhtt sprouhtt Truff Truff snowstormspawn snowstormspawn

As Raeshawn finished put his clothes on and everything was slowly going back to normal, He grabbed a bottle of some of harder liquor that was available for consumption. As he was walking into the other room which most of the calmer and reserved people were staying, looking around for people of interest but his eyes landed upon Madeline whose was talking to a young man who was sightly older than him, a lady that looked like the man which he could say that they were family of sort and a mature and elegant Lady that had a very wise and knowable air around her. Snatch a medium sized cup from a open table for the liquor he still had in his grasp, Raeshawn walked over to them and said "You wouldn't mind if one more joins this merry group." A chair was rather close so he pulled it away and took a seat on it as he gave the group a smile, opening the cap of the liquor as he poured it into his cup and took a swig of it as he smiled softly enjoying the nice drink he managed to grab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back