• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The good Captain's off time.

BlindedZombieBat

Come my Darklings ... lets go play
Finally at port once again, the tired and now nearly torn apart ship barely hitches to the dock as you hear her Captain yell from aboard. "Get away from me! You have all done nothing for me or this ship! The lot of you that are left are dismissed." He hissed his piercing eyes enveloped with rage as his tongue danced over his highly protruding canines. "YOU ARE A WORTHLESS CAPTAIN!" the youngest one yelled as he used his rifle to steady his wobbling frame. Missing a leg and most of his sight the boy hissed with great distain. "Shut up Paddy I told you to leave over three ports ago!" The elder man growled back, his patience long since gone. Yet another conquest failed from an inexperienced crew whom give no passion to what they are doing. Captain Jonathan sighed as he watched the now disbanded crew limp and slither away in disgrace. "Sorry my sweet." he purred under his breath as he slowly descended the old rope ladder. "You deserve better." in reference to his beloved ship. His dusty well worn boots click heavily against the cobbled harbor as he pulled himself to the rather displeased looking harbor master. "Please send for a mechanic as soon as ones available, the best you can manage." he bereaved as he dropped a rather handsome back of coins upon his station. "Yes Captain of course, it has been a long time Jonathan What brings you back to Capital City?." the man questioned eyeing the other as if he had grown another head since last they met. "Indeed, I am in need of a stiff drink and a smoke. I shall take my leave entrusting you with my love Javier." Captain Jon replied giving him a sideways glance as he started for the tavern.

Think Smoke bellowed from a rather decrepit looking pipe that had barely been held together by the simplest of welding jobs filled the air around the Captain as he finally had a chance to relax. "Never again will I fly with the likes of those dogs. I shall have a new crew by daybreak!" he exclaimed vibrantly as his dusty boots met the polished table top. His fierce and determined emerald hues flickered across the port bar as he thought about his next adventure. Taking another deep drag the twenty eight year old man couldn't help the almost wicked little grin that passed over his cracked lips. "All who be lookin, Captain Jonathan Hail is recruiting one again" he boasted, letting the smoke droll out with each echoing word. "Any interested come ... have a drink with Captain Death!"

{Rules and Such}
Please be active as possible especially if you are looking for a main crew position.
Be mindful of other peoples characters. (aka if you get into a fight with someone's characters no killing without permission.)
No more than three characters (unless previously discussed)
Please have your first post be as character descriptive as possible

(Etcetera etcetera)

Welcome to the wonderful and not so wonderful work of sky pirates! This is a steampunk/Fantasy role play so please all weird little creatures and adventure filled humans come aboard the illustrious three balloon ship "The Captains Pride' and prepare for a riot.

Anyone can start calling out for positions that aren't the captain and explaining characters if they wish too.

Sounds like fun.

My idea for a character would be a naive, young man who is desperate to hop aboard a ship to escape his troubles by welcoming the open sea. Being the inexperienced lad that he is, he would probably play the role of the boatswain (or something similar). Matter of fact, he'd be willing to accept any role assigned to him as long as it ensured him a position on the ship.

Sounds like fun.

My idea for a character would be a naive, young man who is desperate to hop aboard a ship to escape his troubles by welcoming the open sea. Being the inexperienced lad that he is, he would probably play the role of the boatswain (or something similar). Matter of fact, he'd be willing to accept any role assigned to him as long as it ensured him a position on the ship.
Oh please continue!

I'm interested!
So for my character I was thinking she could be a thrill-seeking young woman with her eyes set on being the master rigger of the ship. She also may or may not be in a bit of a rush to get off land though due to some impulsive decisions she may or may not have made which may or may not have some people after her.

This may or may not have the captain a bit irritated with her at the beginning but this sounds very much fun. Tell me more of her!

This may or may not have the captain a bit irritated with her at the beginning but this sounds very much fun. Tell me more of her!
Okay! She's the type that'll try to get on your nerves just for the fun of it, but you can always tell she means no harm by it (unless she really just doesn't like you). Truth be told despite her rebellious and here one second and gone the next nature she'll really stick by your side and stay loyal to you if she sees you fit.

I’m thinking of a mischevious, rather wry, young woman whose only in for the coin, but loyal to the crew, possibly first mate position.

Oh please continue!
Hmm, I've had some time to give my original idea some more thought and, since this is a fantasy/steampunk roleplay, I decided to add in a little funky twist for my character. In reality though, it's still just a bunch of jumbled ideas in my head but I feel like I've got a base concept going. Also, sorry for the late reply.

Fantasy squirrel face claim.jpg
(yet to be named)

Adding on to the post I made earlier, my character will be heading out to sea due to his desire to begin anew along with a burning passion within him for adventure. He belongs to a not-so-ancient race of...well, squirrels. Nobody is quite sure what happened, but during a particularly heated battle between several, skilled wizards over the territory that the squirrels resided in, an unexpected spell collided with another, causing them to fuse together into a brand new spell that encompassed the entire forest. The squirrels, along with several other species, suddenly gained a heightened consciousness and intelligence and many quickly banded together into several different tribes. My character (yet to be named) belongs to a certain tribe that believes in the power of the forest and possesses a close connection to the nature of the land. They deeply fear anything outside of the forest, but will defend the trees that they home to their last breath. Despite their size, they are fierce warriors but unfortunately possess not even a sliver of magic within their veins. The raging waves of the ocean that seem to destroy everything in their path are carefully avoided by the tribe, fearing the destructive power of the water. My character, on the other hand, has never truly adjusted to the lifestyle of the tribe and now, because of the incident (yet to be determined), he must flee the forest and into the outside world, a world where he has been taught to fear ever since he was born.

My character would be a young girl whos an engineer in training but would clam to be some sort of master at making and upgrading ships. She would probably work on matinces. Here reason for wanting to join is because she saw the ship and just wanted to help improve upon it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back