• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Gods Always Open

ValinoreanDawn

Namarië
The Gods are among us, they live in their palaces and citadels, and while the Gods are in their abodes all is right in the world.

The Gods came to us in a moment when all else failed. Logic and reasoning. Faith in the dominant religious systems of the world unable to stop the inevitable as resource wars and globalist versus nationalist sentiments had Mankind on the edge of thermonuclear Armageddon. That was two hundred and fifty years ago. When as the silos opened all of a sudden, their operations ceased. All modern technology ceased to function and shut down. A day later a large floating, electrum, pyramid was seen floating above the center of the Atlantic by ships traversing along shipping lanes. All eyes turned to this mysterious wonder. Aliens? Many thoughts. The Anti-christ? Allah's Punishment? The Next Yuga Cycle? We could not have been more wrong. For from this pyramid the Gods of old walked forth and took the mantle of leadership from a lesser creation, from Mankind.

The process was not quick and there was conflict aplenty. But whereas the armies of those against the returned Gods of old, who have many names across many cultures: Ra, Jupiter, Anubis, Hades, Amaterasu, Odin, Loki, Baldr, Perun, Tyr, Bylebog, etc, had but the weaponry of today. The armies of the newfound believers in these deities wielded weapons and technologies of the future. Energy weapons, monomolecular blades, shields of advanced quantum mechanics, it was technology bordering on the arcane. One by one the enemies of the gods fell or were driven to the fringes of the Earth.

From this conflict the Gods orchestrated the rebuilding and remaking of Mankind. Cities with gold pyramids, silver towers, jewel crusted domes, and marbled roads. They raised metropolises of splendor and collectively mankind rose from the dirt to be elevated at their feet. Instead of political divisions mankind became a species along the lines of patron gods and cities dedicated to them. Instead of national armies there were forces dedicated to each god as their personal armies and sect guards.

Two centuries of peace followed and the Gods supervised the expansion of Mankind across the Solar system. Establishing colonies on the Moon, Mars which became partially terraformed, the Moons of Jupiter and Saturn, colonies along the asteroid belt, and by 2300 even beyond that on the far-off moons were the sun was but a small glowing orb.

jBMNkf3.jpeg

The Divine Hierarchy
The Gods are organized into Major and Minor classes. The Major Gods or Divine Family are the two Chief deities and their direct children. The God of the Sun and Light (Ra, Jupiter, Perun, Zeus) and the Goddess of Earth and Night (Hera, Frigg, etc). Both have largely removed themselves from the direct affairs of their children and mankind. Busy, in their words, with keeping the gears of the Universe turning. As such their children, the Pantheon, more or less monopolize the rule of mankind. The Divine Hierarchy follows a four-step categorization of essence or blood. Based on perceptions of material purity and visual appearance.

The Gods of the Divine family, same as the minor Gods, are taller and stronger than the average human. Standing at around 3 meters in height but entirely proportional. The Divine Family however has blood the likeness of pure liquid diamond. Their powers and aspects are more potent and broader. Usually lording over things such as love, knowledge, war, and agriculture. Further, they may alter their forms at will but generally representative of their domains. The Major Gods may also alter Humans or Animals to bring certain mythological creatures to life. Whether for boon or punishment. But such creations are never equal to the maker and thus a Major God can create something on par with a Human or essence of gold. A Minor God only of essence of silver and iron. While a Demigod or Chosen Champion cannot sub-create at all.

The Minor Gods, including those of the Ascended (Humans who have attained/been gifted godhood), have blood of gold and oversee more specific domains with more specific, limited, powers. Despite this they are physically of the same size as the Major Gods and may also alter their form but in a more limited, often only handful, of variations.

Beneath these two categories are the Demigods and Chosen Champions. Who, by blessing and even biomancy have attained elevated human abilities and even some small portion of power from their divine patron or lineage. Their blood is like pure silver and they are generally taller and stronger than humans. These are of the likeness of Hercules, Perseus, Achilles, etc.

Finally, there are the masses of Mankind. Blood of iron and what they lack in abilities they make up for with their numbers and individual characteristics. But for while Mankind is the bottom rung it is their prayers which allow individual Gods to witness events across the star system and thus influence things. It is by their offerings and spiritual power the Gods are fueled in the grand scheme of internal politicking and squabbles.

6g26B8V.jpeg

The Roleplay
The roleplay will center around the internal familial and relational squabbles, friendships, and tribulations of the Gods and the mortals their actions impact. Players will be able to play anything in the Divine Hierarchy (except for the Chief God and Goddess who are busy doing vital maintenance on reality) in a sandbox experience that is fantasy, sci fi, and a touch slice of life. In order to prevent duplicate domains, there is only one pantheon but they can have a variety of names to show that it is one divine being just known by different names by various cultures. Godly powers are based upon the domains/aspects of reality they lord over. If you're the God of the Underworld you aren't really able to force the crops the grow so to speak. Also, the Gods rely on humanity to fuel their powers and prayers are what allow the Gods to "hear and see" adherents even if on the other side of the Solar System. Though they may choose to ignore them. The ability to perceive the prayer and what is going on depends on the faith of the individual, however. Someone of pious belief in a particular god or goddess can be heard clear as day and the God may go directly to them. Those of weak spiritual faith or not true believers may find their prayers dim, obscured by other prayers, or even too weak to be audibly perceived.

Last edited:
Hello! I am curious about if this will have an OOC Discord? And are there any particular requirements such as length, etc? Thanks in advance!

Hello! I am curious about if this will have an OOC Discord? And are there any particular requirements such as length, etc? Thanks in advance!
Hello!

I can certainly make a discord if that would be easier for everyone? I typically make a discord and an OOC thread on RPNation in order to ensure communication between all players regardless of preference. In terms of length the only thing I ask for is no 'one-liners,' or just too few sentences where it becomes very difficult to respond. A single well-constructed paragraph would be totally fine for a post for example.

Hello!

I can certainly make a discord if that would be easier for everyone? I typically make a discord and an OOC thread on RPNation in order to ensure communication between all players regardless of preference. In terms of length the only thing I ask for is no 'one-liners,' or just too few sentences where it becomes very difficult to respond. A single well-constructed paragraph would be totally fine for a post for example.
I see, for personal reasons, I am unable to do Discord. Would Discord be a strict requirement or would you perhaps be more lenient towards that? Totally understand if you see it more as a requirement! However I will be unable to participate if so, but I would wish you the best of luck in finding more people ^_^

Wait I just realized I read that entirely wrong, my mistake, ignore my previous reply. I am very interested in this in that case!

Great! I'll be keeping a lookout for that Character thread, I've already got an idea in mind but I'll be brainstorming others while I wait :)

Character thread

Hello again! I just finished reading through Hathor and I think she's really interesting! I admit I've never made a proper character sheet as extensive, but I'll do my best, but I was wondering if I could run through some questions/ideas with you if you have the time? Thanks!

Hello again! I just finished reading through Hathor and I think she's really interesting! I admit I've never made a proper character sheet as extensive, but I'll do my best, but I was wondering if I could run through some questions/ideas with you if you have the time? Thanks!
Of course! Fire away

I'll keep it here just incase some of the things I have questions about things others get curious of as well :)

So, first off, at first I had assumed that the God's themselves would remain singular God's (God of Love, God of so on) but seeing as Hathor is the God of Fertility, Love, Romance, I'm guessing members of the Divine family more like rule over multiple things? Just to clarify (So a God who is the God of Death would also be the God of everything else involving death)

And second, I noticed the bit about her domain being "located on Earth", so are there any specific requirements for those of the Divine family who may have domain's located on a different planet? Like "Only the God of so and so can have a colony on the Moon" or so on

I'll keep it here just incase some of the things I have questions about things others get curious of as well :)

So, first off, at first I had assumed that the God's themselves would remain singular God's (God of Love, God of so on) but seeing as Hathor is the God of Fertility, Love, Romance, I'm guessing members of the Divine family more like rule over multiple things? Just to clarify (So a God who is the God of Death would also be the God of everything else involving death)

And second, I noticed the bit about her domain being "located on Earth", so are there any specific requirements for those of the Divine family who may have domain's located on a different planet? Like "Only the God of so and so can have a colony on the Moon" or so on

Correct, the Major Gods/Divine Family cover a much broader set of things. A good comparison is Hades vs say Keres or Macaria. Hades would be the major god of death and the underworld in this comparison and below him would be Keres and Macaria (Goddesses of Violent Death; Goddess of Blessed Death).

There are not specific requirements. It is largely up to the preference of the God in question. Hathor prefers to keep Ishtar on Earth because most of Humanity still lives there and thus she is closer proximity to what gives her power (Human love etc).

Thank you so much, that really help's a ton! Now those were really the only major questions that stood out to me. However, as for idea's, seeing as you are very experienced (and the creator of all this haha), I wished to tell you idea's of God's I was thinking building off. Such as, God's relating to the Ocean, Animals, Oaths, Dreams, Nature, and Fate.

Seeing as I'm sure you put a lot of research, I will of course be doing my own, but I was curious about your thoughts of those.

And then a separate idea I had was more so involving Hathor and a dynamic sort of idea? Like a God who has jealousy towards Hathor to some degree.

Thank you so much, that really help's a ton! Now those were really the only major questions that stood out to me. However, as for idea's, seeing as you are very experienced (and the creator of all this haha), I wished to tell you idea's of God's I was thinking building off. Such as, God's relating to the Ocean, Animals, Oaths, Dreams, Nature, and Fate.

Seeing as I'm sure you put a lot of research, I will of course be doing my own, but I was curious about your thoughts of those.

And then a separate idea I had was more so involving Hathor and a dynamic sort of idea? Like a God who has jealousy towards Hathor to some degree.
I'm all ears for what you're thinking of building off.

Those would probably fall under a few Gods. Animals and Nature could be one. Oaths, Dreams, and Fate another. Etc.

Jealousy would work completely. The Gods squabble, bicker, have rivalries, affairs, the works. Much like historical mythology.

I'm all ears for what you're thinking of building off.

Those would probably fall under a few Gods. Animals and Nature could be one. Oaths, Dreams, and Fate another. Etc.

Jealousy would work completely. The Gods squabble, bicker, have rivalries, affairs, the works. Much like historical mythology.
Right, realizing it now, that would make a lot more sense given they rule over a broad of things haha

I'm glad you approve of the jealousy idea! I thought it would be a good touch once others begin to arrive and have a dynamic of Hathor bickering and having a squabble with the God that I wind up creating. Now I have much research ahead of me, and I am hoping that I will be able to have my character sheet up by tomorrow at least, but I'll be back if I have anymore questions, and thank you for helping me have a better understanding of everything ^_^

Oh, also, I saw you created the OOC! I will reply and message there from now on as to not clog up the recruitment page haha

Right, realizing it now, that would make a lot more sense given they rule over a broad of things haha

I'm glad you approve of the jealousy idea! I thought it would be a good touch once others begin to arrive and have a dynamic of Hathor bickering and having a squabble with the God that I wind up creating. Now I have much research ahead of me, and I am hoping that I will be able to have my character sheet up by tomorrow at least, but I'll be back if I have anymore questions, and thank you for helping me have a better understanding of everything ^_^
No problem! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back