• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Gilded Age

The voices lowered after a second and continued on in their tone. Suddenly, the door opened again and the voices stopped.

Marius' voice floated up the steps, asking how Grace was. Naomi said something in return and he nodded. The other two voices said polite hellos to Marius, which he returned and his footsteps could be hard coming up the steps.

Marius entered the room, humming lightly. He didn't seem to see Grace in the bed and went straight to the desk, sighing heavily and running a hand through his hair. He took out a sheet of paper and a fountain pen along with a bottle of ink. He filled up the pen and started scratching something out on a piece of paper, bent over the desk. He flicked on a light next to the desk and continued working, furrowing his brow the entire time and pausing every now and then to take out another piece of paper and examine it.

Marius glanced up, frowning and turned to see her.

He suddenly flushed and stood up, nearly upending his bottle of ink.

"I'm sorry Grace," he said hurriedly. "I didn't see you there. I'm sorry for intruding on your privacy."

"It's all right, sir," said Grace, her cheeks heating up slightly. "It's your house. You are allowed to go where you wish."

Last edited by a moderator:
"No, no," Marius said hurriedly, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "I should have been more careful."

He quickly shuffled out towards the door.

"Well," Marius said, "we can certainty bring her here for the night if she will worry. It will be easier to ensure you are well and it might do her some good to be somewhere less cooped up."

He suddenly flushed again.

"Not that I'm saying where you live is not decent for her," he said quickly, "I'm sure you're doing your best."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back