• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Gifts of Hauma - An Egg Hatching Roleplay

avira

mischief managed

9186ced13f09ac6f96d623f1148dd1bf.png
e79cc196cb3e23b93313ced086eacbbf.png

The Basics
You're woken by the incessant beeping of an alarm from your phone. Eyes still shut, you blindly grasp for it, swiping wildly in an attempt to get it to stop. You swing your legs out from under the covers with a herculean amount of effort, wincing from the cold air's touch. Your eyes blink rapidly as they adjust to the incoming streams of sunlight and take in the grandeur of your bare apartment. After what only felt like a moment (but must have been 5 minutes, according to your phone) the beeping resumes, reminding you that you really need to get ready for work. You sigh at the prospect of another mediocre day in the office. For a moment, you wonder if this is the life that the twelve year old version of you wanted.

Welcome to The Gifts of Hauma - my attempt at an egg hatching RP with a twist! Egg hatching RPs were a staple of my youth. Recently, I've gotten quite the hankering for them, so I decided to take a chance!

Instead of the classic adolescents finding eggs and going on an adventure, in this RP we'll be playing real world adults. Our characters will have jobs, responsibilities, bills, and all the other things that make adulthood so great. That means their personalities will be affected by their grown-up experiences. There's something interesting to me about taking a more mature approach to an egg hatching RP. In particular, I want to explore the striking of a balance between many different aspects in this RP - the seriousness of adulthood and laughter of adolescence, the technology-reliant culture of city life and exploration of nature and magic, realistic grit and childish humor - to name a few.

The Setting and Plot
Our story begins current day, with our characters as your average Joe/Jane in an average city. One night, they go to sleep expecting to wake up in their bed and continue their daily grind. Instead, after a very strange dream, our characters find themselves on a beach they've never seen before, with nothing and no one but each other. They decide to band together, at least for the time being, as they explore the island and try to figure out what's going on. Along the way, they'll find their eggs, which will eventually hatch. Telling you about the island they end up on would spoil a few things, but it's an average tropical island with a few surprises up its sleeve.

This is very much an character driven RP, so I encourage romance/drama/tension. There's a bit of a grander story about how our characters got their eggs and why, but they'll get the chance to explore that as we go. I want a lot of the focus to be on interaction between our characters, their egg-hatched charges, and how they deal with that kind of responsibility while trying to orient themselves in a new environment. As our characters are adults, they'll feel the pressure of returning to their regular lives and responsibilities or the freedom of escaping it (or both).

The Rules
1. All characters must be at least 18.
2. I personally prefer smaller RP groups, so I will be limiting this to 4-5 characters/eggs.
3. This is not first come first serve, nor will there be reservations. While you may note in your CS or in OOC which egg you'd prefer, the final decision rests with me.
4. This will be a detailed and (I'm hoping) long-term RP. While quality is more important than quantity, in the interest of substance I am expecting at least a full paragraph per post, at least once or twice a week. Please let us know if you'll be inactive for a while, in advance!
5. Be kind to your fellow RPers. We're all working together to have a good time.
6. The usual - no GMing, Mary Sues, controlling/harming other characters without consent, etc.
7. CS has been posted, you'll find the link below. I expect all characters to be submitted by September 5th, 2017. At that time, you'll get a PM saying if your character has been accepted.

The Eggs
Egg A - Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and shiny enough to resemble a sizable gem. It's shaped as an oval instead of the usual egg shape. The outer shell is a smooth translucent opal. When the light gleams off its surface just right, you can barely make out two cloudy silver somethings swirling just below. It's deceptively heavy and dense for its size.

Egg B - Though on the smaller side of the eggs, this one is warm to the touch and quite rigid. Its dry, rough exterior reminds you of burnt earth, complete with ridges and sprawling cracks. Every now and then you catch a wisp of smoke escape one of its many superficial fissures.

Egg C - Medium sized and perfectly spherical. The outside is covered in a lush green fuzz long enough to sway in nonexistent wind. No matter which way you turn it the fuzz always seems to flow in the same direction, as if oblivious to the established laws of nature (like gravity). Must be handled with care because it is especially soft. Gives off the pleasant scent of of a cozy rainy morning.

Egg D - A slightly larger egg colored as dark as the deepest reaches of space, reasonably firm. Just touching it makes you feel uneasy for an unknown reason. The undecipherable markings of a forgotten realm cover it, shimmering dimly. As you peer closer, the markings seem to shift mischievously, continually escaping your understanding.

Egg E - The largest egg, it takes both hands to carry. Its bright fuchsia shell is mildly yielding with small flecks of gold adorning it all over. Matching gold spikes jet out from the narrower side of the egg, resembling a crown. Radiates a calming warmth. When you hold it close, you swear you can almost feel the faintest thump of a heart beat.

Last edited:
Mark Beau
Mood: Exhausted // Currently: Sleeping
Six o'clock. What a time in the morning to wake up, but it is never by an alarm with Mark. It's always the drips of slobber twirling their way down his neck or his cheek. That's down to Toast. Often found curcled up in Marks neck as they sleep in the queen sized bed with too many pillows and not enough space for the both of them.

Never the less, Mark woke up to the usual snoring pooch beside him, walking over to his bathroom his hands cupped over his face as he groaned looking into the mirror with half closed eyes and hair like a mop. "Another day, another something or other.." Mark brushed his teeth, had a shower and suited himself up. Yet by the time he was done Toast was already in the kitchen ready for his own breakfast. Of-course, this pooch was treated like a King, fresh bacon and tomatoes for him and toast with a thin slither of butter for Mark. "Right, I'll see you later Toast." He said as he switched on the radio about to leave his apartment. Tip tap down the stairs from his heeled shined shoes, he briskly made his way to the bank, it wasn't necessarily going to be a bad day, but it wasn't destined to be a good day either. Just another day at the office.

By the time Mark had parked his car, paid for the time he'd be there and got into the building it was already busy with lines of people, suited men and women with brief cases and the boss in his pent house balcony watching over everyone with a twitch in his eye. With all his might Mark tried to avoid eye contact with the stern man watching over yet hi name echoed through the building as he was caught out by his boss. "Deep breaths, it could be a promotion?" Mark could only pray to himself that was why he was being called.

Slowly up the stairs, he went, each step more daunting than the next. Three knocks at the door and he sat down with a perked brow. "How can I help you today sir?" Mark asked politely. His boss sat with two fingers tapping together slowly with eyes like daggers staring at him. "You will be taking over from Lawrence effect of now. Understood? Yes. Good. Get to work." That was it. The conversation was over. But now Mark was the secound down assistant to his boss. Quickly Mark made his way to the new office he would work in, a plate of silver with his name engraved in was already on the door as he reached it. The rest of the day went as normal though. Phone calls, coffe, more phone calls and the occasinal domestic dispute to deal with on the main floor.

Twelve hours later, Mark finally made it home. Stopping off for a Chinese takeaway he sat by himself (excluding Toast) and ate him meal staring out from his aparment window. Sighing lightly he rose from the chair and sluched into his room. Changing out from his work uniform he fell onto his bed and let out the longest breath he had all day. "Well..that's one for the diary.." He said to himself. Toast soon enough made himself comfortable lying on Marks back.

Yet being so worn out from the day, he had no energy to move the heavy dog from him. "Yeah...good night toa-.." To tired to even carry own Mark fell asleep quickly and heavily. Little would wake him up this night and that's probably the best thing for him.
Tags: N/A

Evelyn Faith Williams
galore_mag_precious_lee_feature.jpg

Mentions: None
Interactions: None
Evelyn's day started out well. She woke up early, cooked a nice breakfast for herself, and headed out to work. Evelyn headed to her office in a fairly good mood. Upon walking into the building the receptionist informed her that there had been a few calls for her. Evelyn thanked her and headed to her office. From then her day consisted of answering calls and meeting clients. Evelyn managed going to and fro easily. She was quite used to the hustle and bustle that came with being a real estate agent.

When the evening came Evelyn was feeling a little tired but it was nothing a little coffee couldn't fix. She went on to meet her next client. And then suddenly the day didn't seem so bright anymore. The client she dealt with was definitely...something to say the least. Evelyn just smiled and continued to act in a professional manner. Her thoughts however were different. By the send of the day Evelyn was beat.

She was happy that her day was over. The woman needed to get as many hours as possible to sleep in order to do the same thing tomorrow. After bathing and changing into her night clothes Evelyn climbed into bed. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep. In fact as soon as her head hit the pillow Evelyn was out like a light.

coding by Ridge Ridge

Evelyn's day started out well. She woke up early, cooked a nice breakfast for herself, and headed out to work. Evelyn headed to her office in a fairly good mood. Upon walking into the building the receptionist informed her that there had been a few calls for her. Evelyn thanked her and headed to her office. From then her day consisted of answering calls and meeting clients. Evelyn managed going to and fro easily. She was quite used to the hustle and bustle that came with being a real estate agent.

When the evening came Evelyn was feeling a little tired but it was nothing a little coffee couldn't fix. She went on to meet her next client. And then suddenly the day didn't seem so bright anymore. The client she dealt with was definitely...something to say the least. Evelyn just smiled and continued to act in a professional manner. Her thoughts however were different. By the send of the day Evelyn was beat.

She was happy that her day was over. The woman needed to get as many hours as possible to sleep in order to do the same thing tomorrow. After bathing and changing into her night clothes Evelyn climbed into bed. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep. In fact as soon as her head hit the pillow Evelyn was out like a light.

Last edited:

Glenn LaMont
An old-fashioned stovetop coffee percolator bubbled away. The wonderful aroma of fresh, roasted coffee beans hung in the air. A man just shy of seventy or so shuffled into the kitchen, stretching and taking in the fragrance of the fresh coffee. The corners of his mouth turned up just slightly as he scratched his beard. Mornings in his home were often this peaceful; a pot of coffee brewing on the stovetop, birds chirping in the woods, and the morning breeze dancing through the open windows of the kitchen.

He gingerly sat down with a cup of the dark beverage, his joints just now starting to loosen up after a good night's rest. The old man paused to look at a picture of his great-grandchildren. He could hear their delighted laughter in the back of his mind. A chuckle of warmth and fatherly love broke the silence around him. The steam of his coffee hugged him as he took his first careful sip.

Today was an exceptionally beautiful morning. Too early to go fishing yet, as the water would be too cool for the fish to bite, but he'd go later in the day after the sun had some time to warm the waters. He stepped outside onto the covered porch where a dog greeted him. She emerged from the bottom of the porch, wagging her tail so excitedly that her bum wiggled with it. She wasn't his dog, per se, as she was a stray. She showed up on his doorstep a few months back and never left. Glenn tried to bring her to the county animal control but no one claimed her and she broke out, only to return to him.

"There's my girl." A calloused hand reached out to pat her on the head. "Guess what I have for you, old girl." She cocked her head to the side and sat, tail still wagging. His other hand, which had been behind his back, then revealed a link of sausage. Her tail thumped harder and she nosed his hand before gently taking the treat from him. He patted her on the head again, then sat down on the porch swing. "I think it's about time you moved in. What do you say, girl?" The loyal hound licked up the last bits of the manna, then happily plopped down at his feet, content as ever. "It's settled then. We'll have ourselves a trip to town and get 'ye a collar to make it official."

---

A few hours passed. Glenn and his new companion had taken their time in town. She had a brand new collar and he had gotten himself an early lunch. He handed her the last few bites of his sandwich, which she gratefuly gobbled up in the front seat the 1972 Ford F250.

They spent the rest of their day out on the shallows. He got a few bites, one of which was only big enough to bring home, but it was all that was allowed for slot redfish anyway. It would be tonight's dinner. Despite his age, his hands were still quite deft. In no time the fish was filleted and ready to cook. It sizzled on the grill and emitted a wonderful smell that could make any mouth water. After eating his fill, Glenn gave the dog a bite of the fish and a bone that he had picked up in town earlier that day.

After washing the dishes he cleaned himself up and put on a pair of pajamas. He meandered out to the kitchen to close the windows for the night, but noticed that the dog was sitting in front of the door. She looked at him, then back at the door. "Oh, no, old girl, you live with me now. No need to go back out there to sleep, ok?" She didn't seem to understand right away, and continued to sit by the door. Glenn smiled to himself, then motioned for her to come with him. Her ears immediately perked up as she saw him do this. "Yeah, that'a girl." He rubbed her ears, then added, "You're a right lady, you know that?" He laughed quietly. "That's yer name then. Lady. Come on, Lady, let's get some sleep."
coded by dwale

r4ACGqS.png

Elijah Perry leaned his weight against an old hardwood desk, hands in the pockets of his slacks. His eyes looked over the Staton murder board in front of him. The red strings of yarn connected faces, locations and post it notes - all of which stemmed from a single photograph in the center. A young girl, only about seven years old, stared out from the photograph. The easy carefree smile that only children have crinkled up bright brown eyes, heart shaped face framed by long curly hair. Picture perfect innocence. How could anyone bring themselves to murder her? That was just one of the questions Elijah needed to figure out before the week was out. Time was running short and he was no closer today then he was two days ago - the only difference now was that he needed to shower, sleep and maybe eat something.

He wasn't the only one who thought this as John Stonagal entered the room. Stonagal was a hard ass of a boss, demanding nothing less than the best from those who worked under him. And right now Elijah was not at his best. "What are you still doing here? I told your ass to go home hours ago Perry!" The elder man bellowed, his finger jabbed in Elijah's face as he rounded the desk to face the man. Elijah was not fully gone for he knew better than to brush the man aside. Instead he sheepishly laughed and shrugged his big shoulders. "You know me, hard head." The glare he received in response let him know that his boss was not in a humorous mood.

"I'm fine Stonagal."

"You're not fine, your eyes are blood shot and you starting to get rank."
"I can wash up in the bathroom and nap in Doey's office."
"Go home Perry."
"If you'd just li-"
"Go home Perry or I'm taking you off the case."
"Are you serious?"
"If it means you'll get some rest and look at this with fresh eyes and mind? Yea, I'm serious."

Elijah gave a long suffering sigh. "Jesus Christ..." He huffed out, shoulders slumping in defeat. Stonagal was right this time - he usually was. Elijah was doing the girl no favors by working himself half to death. He would go home, sleep for a few hours then hit the case even harder tomorrow. It was incredibly frustrating being as close as he was but he just couldn't find the connection between all the evidence. Sure he had hunches, some really good ones he'd love to run with, but if he was wrong he'd ruin the case forever. Elijah wasn't willing to risk that. In his heart he felt he owed it to the little girl to see this through the right way. He nodded his head to Stonagal who gleamed with his victory. "Be back here in 36 hours." The door slammed behind him.

Seeing as there was nothing left for him to do, Elijah didn't take much time gathering his few belongings up before leaving the office himself.

-------------
He initially planned on driving home but the walk from his back office to the parking lot of the station emphasized just how fatigued he was. Fearing he would fall asleep behind the wheel, Elijah instead opted to take a much too expensive cab down to run down neighborhood he rested his head in. He shared a small apartment complex with four other tenants who mostly kept to themselves. He was grateful for that having no desire to be bothered with nosy neighbors who wanted to know too much.

He did not spend too much time in his apartment so it was rather clean despite not having much in it. He didn't own many things, never saw a reason to. He just had what he needed and that was enough for him. Elijah's stomach rumbled as he moved through the place but he didn't bother opening the fridge since he already knew there was nothing in it. He'd been eating take out the last four or so days and would have to go grocery shopping in the morning. For now though he brushed his teeth, stripped down to his boxers and collapsed onto the boxless mattress he called a bed. The big man was asleep within minutes.

Mary, being somewhat of a heavy sleeper, slept through the alarms she had set on her phone like she did every morning. The only reason she got up was running down the hall this very moment. Even if she closed her bedroom door, Rocket always found his way in and started licking her face viciously. The Great Dane mix's large body slammed against Mary's slumbering body, effectively waking her up better than any alarm could.

"Hey, come on and get some breakfast before we have to go to work!" Amelia's voice came from the kitchen. Though it was across the apartment, the apartment was small and Amelia's voice loud so it was rather easy to hear. Unlike Mary, Amelia was an early riser. Something Mary blamed on her Virgo nature but in most cases it worked well for Mary. Except when her dog wanted some morning cuddles of course.

Bleary eyed and a face covered in slobber, Mary rose, pushing Rocket off of her as she did so. Something that was easier said than done with Rocket's 150 pounds of weight pressing down on her. She might have gained some muscles just from the workout that he liked to give her. However, with the smell of bacon in the air, Rocket seemed more willing to part with her this particular morning. Bacon in this house was rare, breakfasts usually consisting of coffee or maybe cereal. Such an occurrence would have made Mary wonder if today was special for any other reason if she were of the mind to think past the haziness of sleep.

She parted with her bed reluctantly, shuffling her way to the kitchen where Amelia's bright face was waiting for her. Such happiness in the morning almost made her sick if a cup of coffee was already waiting for her on the island separating the living space from the kitchen. Mary sipped it but it was too hot to fully drink. Meanwhile, Amelia looked ready to burst from excitement. Mary raised an eyebrow at her friend, "Yes? What is it?" She had a feeling that if she didn't ask soon, Amelia might explode.

"I got a promotion!" She cried, bouncing up and down on her heels in her excitement.

Mary blinked, surprised. "What? When?" The last time they went into work yesterday and they left together. Yes, Amelia was called into the boss' office, a man by the name of Dr. Javick (Mary didn't know his first name admittedly but knew that he was a Capricorn) but if she had received news of promotion, then why didn't she tell her then?

"Well, they said before that they were going to review my work but I only got the phone call this morning! I'm so excited! We have to go out and celebrate tonight! Drinks are on me!" She squealed. "Oh, I always wanted to say that!"

It was still a bit to process and despite the bit of jealousy that floated up, Mary felt happy for her friend. However, it was getting near time for work so they quickly scarfed their food down. Or at least Amelia did while Mary picked at it while still half out of it. Her continued sleepiness was the reason Amelia always drove the two of them in.

Despite how they saw each other at least a few times a day, as they usually worked closely together, Mary didn't see Amelia once as she worked. It made her feel a bit lonely but the following celebration after work made up for it. They talked like they used to in college, making Mary feel somewhat nostalgic and worried for the future. Amelia was always more of a go getter than Mary. It made her wonder about the future.

[color= deeppink]Angel Vincent[/color]
[color= deeppink]This post is 99% about a cat jfc[/color]​

Angel didn't have class today, which of course meant that she didn't have an alarm set. Why would she need an alarm when she had no plans of actually leaving her apartment? She moved her head some when she felt fur uncomfortably make it's way into her mouth, only to find more fur in that direction. She blinked her eyes open, becoming very aware of the purring on her chest. Pharaoh was stretched across her, asleep, using her face as a pillow. She didn't mind her cat cuddling up to her, but he could be a bit hard to get off of her, just considering that at about 3'6" he was longer that she was without her prosthetics. She rubbed his side, not for the first time wishing that he was a normal sized cat. Or that the pound had known he was a Maine Coon. Something. She loved her cat dearly, but he was just so... big.

Well, time for her morning ritual of wrestling her dearest cat off of her.

She slipped her hands under his forelegs and hoisted him up, causing Pharaoh to wake up and blink at her, a vaguely offended look in his eyes. [color= brown]"Mrrrow?"[/color] Angel rolled her eyes at her cat's input on the situation as she sat his front paws of the bed beside her. He strutted off of her and hopped off of the bed, making this one of the easier days to remove him from her chest. Normally, he would be completely deadset on cuddling her and promptly curl back up on her. Now, she supposed it was time for the real struggle- deciding whether or not she actually wanted to get out of bed. She needed to eat. Pharaoh needed to eat. She... Didn't really have anything else that she actually needed to do. She had finished the homework for her classes yesterday. There were bound to be sources of entertainment, though. Video games. Pirates of the Caribbean. The internet. Yeah, things worth getting out of her bed for were definitely around.

She pushed herself up in her bed and stretched her arms some, then rubbed her eyes. Maybe getting out of bed really wasn't worth it, maybe she'd rather just lay there and sleep until she inevitably died. Ugh, no, that was a bad idea no matter how much she didn't want to get out of bed. She scooted over to edge of her bed, where she could see her wheelchair was sitting, exactly where she had left it before going to bed. Time for... The rest of her day.
-------
The rest of her day was spent the same way it usually was. Food, video games, entertaining Pharaoh, internet, some coding at around 1pm, anime. Nothing new nor exciting. Angel sat on her bed, texting some of her friends. Ah, so they wanted to get together the next Sunday to go out and eat. Check where everyone else was in life and all... or something like that. The important part was that they wanted to go out to eat, which she was up to doing. She could go to that.

She put her phone down, and picked Pharaoh up under his forelegs from where he had been stretched across her lap. He was such a cuddly cat. [color= sienna]"Aw, Pharaoh, looks like I'm gonna be cheating on you next week. I'm gonna betray you. Think you can survive?"[/color] She asked him, to which he responded by purring and battling an the ear on the hood of her footie pajamas. A blue unicorn onsie complete with a tail and ears that she had fixed the legs on so that they actually fit her, it was something that... she was relatively glad nobody would ever actually see her wearing. Even with her cosplaying hobbies, it was something she wouldn't be caught dead in public in. She kissed her cat's nose, then put him back down while he gave her an offended look.

While he slunk away because she kissed his nose, Angel laid down on her bed. It was getting late, and she had a long day of doing fucking nothing tomorrow to get prepared for.

Angel

12797816_1675660366038457_63274703_n.jpg

Carrying

Well nothing in bed​

mentions

N/A

The Beach
You twist and turn restlessly in your bed, teetering between the edge of blissful slumber and rousing alertness. In that place, where an hour feels like five minutes and five minutes feels like an eternity, you sense a bright light begin to envelop you. A comforting warmth like you've never experienced before swaddles you in its embrace, delivering you to a state of pure contentment. You feel as if any loneliness in your heart has dissipated, replaced by a comfortable fellowship. For only a moment you are able to flutter your eyes open and glimpse at your surroundings.

Between the almost blinding rays of dazzling light, you can make out what looks like faces, somehow all familiar yet not. A beautiful woman with short black hair and an honest look. A man with a playful kindness written all over his lips. A headstrong girl who looks surprisingly peaceful in her sleep. A gruff man whose past struggles are reflected in his furrowed expression. A seemingly young, petite girl with a look of ruined innocence. An aged man with wrinkles in his skin indicating his many hard years of work and the most genuine smiles.

Before you can take the time to understand what's happening, the light flickers a few times. You begin to perceive the changes. Water laps at your fingertips. The warm, fine granules of sand shift around your body. The breeze carries the scent of the salty ocean, mixed with the jungle greenery that covers the island. A voice calls in the distance, but you can't make out what it says. Slowly, as if from a haze, you begin to wake.
giphy.gif
Ridge Ridge erzulie erzulie Sakura Seoul Sakura Seoul Yennie Yennie NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 Necromantic Necromantic
Hey guys, glad everyone made their first post! Excuse the second person narritive, I know we're doing this whole RP in third person past tense, but this felt like a more intimate way for each character to experience the dream. You can also take it as an almost out-of-body experience for your characters, as if they were all looking through the eyes of some other, unknown party. It's up to you guys how you want your characters to experience/understand the dream, I wanted it to be weird and almost incomprehensible for them anyway! Take the next few posts to have your characters wake up, meet each other (everyone is a few feet away from each other, sprawled out on the beach) and freak out over why they're here (or not), etc. Use the OOC if you have any questions!

You twist and turn restlessly in your bed, teetering between the edge of blissful slumber and rousing alertness. In that place, where an hour feels like five minutes and five minutes feels like an eternity, you sense a bright light begin to envelop you. A comforting warmth like you've never experienced before swaddles you in its embrace, delivering you to a state of pure contentment. You feel as if any loneliness in your heart has dissipated, replaced by a comfortable fellowship. For only a moment you are able to flutter your eyes open and glimpse at your surroundings.

Between the almost blinding rays of dazzling light, you can make out what looks like faces, somehow all familiar yet not. A beautiful woman with short black hair and an honest look. A man with a playful kindness written all over his lips. A headstrong girl who looks surprisingly peaceful in her sleep. A gruff man whose past struggles are reflected in his furrowed expression. A seemingly young, petite girl with a look of ruined innocence. An aged man with wrinkles in his skin indicating his many hard years of work and the most genuine smiles.

Before you can take the time to understand what's happening, the light flickers a few times. You begin to perceive the changes. Water laps at your fingertips. The warm, fine granules of sand shift around your body. The breeze carries the scent of the salty ocean, mixed with the jungle greenery that covers the island. A voice calls in the distance, but you can't make out what it says. Slowly, as if from a haze, you begin to wake.

giphy.gif

Ridge Ridge erzulie erzulie Sakura Seoul Sakura Seoul Yennie Yennie NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 Necromantic Necromantic
Hey guys, glad everyone made their first post! Excuse the second person narritive, I know we're doing this whole RP in third person past tense, but this felt like a more intimate way for each character to experience the dream. You can also take it as an almost out-of-body experience for your characters, as if they were all looking through the eyes of some other, unknown party. It's up to you guys how you want your characters to experience/understand the dream, I wanted it to be weird and incomprehensible for them anyway! Take the next few posts to have your characters wake up, meet each other (everyone is a few feet away from each other, sprawled out on the beach) and freak out over why they're here (or not), etc. Use the OOC if you have any questions!​

Dominique Amor
galore_mag_precious_lee_feature.jpg

Mentions: None
Interactions: None
In her dreamscape Evelyn feels as if she floating, as if she's drifting peacefully in a sea of silk and cotton. The warmth that envelops her feels bone deep. It reminds her of a mother's embrace or the feel of hot chocolate running down her throat on a snow day. She can't remember having such a dream before. There are faces surrounding her. People that she has never once met in her life. Evelyn doesn't understand what it means. Perhaps these were her past lives? She doesn't have time to dwell on her thoughts. Suddenly everything changes. As she slowly gains consciousness Evelyn could have sworn that she heard a voice off in the distance.

The warm on her skin is still there but now is feels like the unforgiving sun beating down on her skin. She feels something grainy on the exposed parts of her body. Something wet brushes against her...water perhaps? The smell of salt makes her nose twitch. It reminds her of the islands that she had been fortuned enough to vacation too. The smell of the sea and the island breeze was familiar to her. Evelyn's eyelids twitch as she wakes. Her thoughts are jumbled and hazy but she can feel that something is amiss. Her bed was soft yet beneath her was a grainy and hard ground.

At last her eyes opened fully. Evelyn slowly pushed herself up so that she was sitting upright. She had to shield her eyes at first or she'd be temporarily blinded by the sun's rays. Evelyn's heart began to beat faster. What she had previously thought to be a dream looked to be reality. She looked beneath herself and saw the sand water. The sound of the waves greeted her eyes. Evelyn swallowed nervously. She climbed to her feet, her balance was a little off but she managed to steady herself. She turned around, her back now towards the sea. In front of her now was an island. She saw no signs of civilizations to indicate that it was a vacation spot.As her mind caught up with her situation Evelyn began to think of some sort of explanation. Things like how she had ended up her and what was going on raced through her mind.

coding by Ridge Ridge

Last edited:
Mark Beau
Mood: Confused // Currently: Sleeping
What does a person do when they sleep? Talk, walk or just snore till the wife next to them hits them with a pillow and files for a divorse. Perhaps not to that extreme but it is always a possibilty. Sleeping was the one time that Mark could finally rest from the life around him of paying bills, thinking about what he'll have to cook the next day and if he'll ever get the chance to find love.

This night was slightly different, it was if it was the best sleep he'd ever had. As if he was a child again in his mothers arms as they sat on the porch watching the sun set into it's pink and purple skies with white clouds moving past. But that wasn't the only thing, almost like a dream he began to see others. Face he'd never seen but felt as if he'd known. It was confusing but comorfting to know perhaps he wasn't alone in all of it. Yet it must have been a dream, right?

It took some time before Mark finally decided to open his eyes. Still dazzled and confused from what seemed to be a strange dream the rough grains of sand hadn't quite connected to his skin telling him he was else where than his own bed. But when he licked his lips and could taste salt, that's when the thought finally hit back. "Toast..it's my day off.." He mumbled to himself before slowly beginning to open his eyes. The strong rays of the sun almost blinded him as he woke from his slumber. But once he was finally able to open them he laid in awe. Unsure whether to get up and run or try and wake up from what he thought was a dream.

Taking a few breathes to console himself, he finally pushed up from his elbows and made himself stand. Respectably he was wobbling on his feet but he stood strong. Taking in the scenery he nodded his head a few times before pinching himself. "Okay. So not a drea-.." Mark stopped himself from finishing when he saw a woman down the beach from him. He squinted before switching back to the greenery in front of him. Unsure whether to hide or to greet her, he, of course, wanted to see if she was in the same position of him. Beginning to walk he raised his arm and waved. "Hey love, you alright?!"

Tags: erzulie erzulie

Glenn LaMont
A small child with dark brown hair and eyes sprinted toward the beach. She giggled as she dipped her tiny toes into the shallows. Playful minnows tickled her feet as they whisked through the clear water. Her cheeks were rosey and plump, kissed by the sun.

"Daddy, look! Fishies!"

A familiar looking man chuckled warmly. His face was shadowed by a straw hat. He was young; maybe early twenties. Standing next to the little girl now, he rolled up the bottom of his pants. "Let's see what these little guys are," he said very lovingly. "Looks like 'yer new friends are minnows."

"They tickle!" Her stomach bounced up and down as she laughed. The man laughed aloud with the child. A few feet away a group of shrimpfish flitted from side to side. He looked back at the girl and noticed that the minnows were now seahorses.

Wait, that's not right... what are seahorses doin' here?

The world was right though, and so he shook away the question. His little girl was content letting the "fishies" tickle her feet as he stood by. Then, a voice like honey melted his heart. "Glenn! Josie! I brought us some sandwiches and fruit for lunch!" The man couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. In fact, he could feel his heart beat from his head to his toes. His heart couldn't swell to be any bigger. His wife, Grace, was a beautiful, modest, and sweet soul. Her blue dress gently swayed in the breeze.

"I must be one helluva lucky guy."

"Glenn," she said, widening her eyes as she looked over to the little girl. She feigned disappointment though, and her lips formed a playful grin. "Well, why's that?"

---

"Because I have two of the best gals in the world," the old man mumbled. The beautiful beach, Josie and Grace were suddenly gone. Confusion set in, but only for a moment. His aching joints reminded him that he wasn't the twenty-something-year-old anymore. A knot formed in his chest and welled up inside of him. He was so close, and it felt so real. A single tear slid down his cheek, his eyes still shut. He swallowed hard.

Just a dream.

He took a deep breath. The smell of salt filled his nose. What's this? Smells like... the ocean. Slowly, he opened his eyes. He blinked several times before his eyes finally focused. He in fact was on a beach - like the one in his dream. As silly as it was, he looked around, trying to find Josie and Grace. He got on his hands and knees, then managed to quickly get on his feet. To little avail, neither of them were there. A wave of embarrassment came over him. Don't be a fool...

What in the world was he doing on a beach? The question fell hard and his senses kicked in. How did I get here? And... Glenn looked around. His brows furrowed. He rubbed his eyes and pinched himself. Who are these people? "What in the hell is this?"
coded by dwale

At the bar, it was Mary that was decided to be the designated driver so she was the only one that didn't drink. It was probably smart considering her history. Amelia knew but Mary didn't know if she had thought of it when asking her. Probably but Mary didn't mind. After her experience, it was best to lay off the stuff as often as she could. However since she was ordering club soda, she could tell that the bartender was suspicious of her age, something that Amelia found hilarious. A joke that would continue throughout the night up until Mary had to drag the drunk blonde out of the bar and force her into the Ford Focus. "Hahaahaha, you look like a sixteen year old!" By this time, the jokes were getting unoriginal and a little old. Still she was able to laugh at her friend's stupidity.

Even as they were driving home, Amelia was already nodding off if she wasn't trying to distract Mary but playing with her hair and with increasingly ridiculous jokes. Pulling into their driveway she even resorted to, "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!" forcing Mary to groan in disappointment.

"Come on, slowpoke," she sighed while exiting the car.

"Nooooooo... I don't wanna go to school!" Amelia whined as Mary tried to get her inside. Still, she didn't struggle which lead her to believe that Amelia didn't actually believe the words that she was saying. Though she was perfectly capable of walking on her own, when Mary went to pull her out of the car, Amelia leaned on her and hugged Mary's slightly taller form close to her. She supposed even she felt the distance opening between them. It was... scary.

Once entering their apartment, they went to their separate bedrooms without another word, a silent understanding and promise between them. That their friendship would always remain no matter what. Or at least that was what Mary hoped that was what she sensed.

Upon laying in her bed, Mary found that she couldn't fall asleep. She stared up at the ceiling, increasingly depressing thoughts of a lost friendship haunting her. However, a tide reached her in middle of that dark night. A tide that sounded like the waves of the ocean calling to her. Unfamiliar faces flashed before her heavy eyes and sleep finally seemed to claim her in a way it never seemed to before. It felt... warm and somehow her worries were momentarily lifted away from her.

The remains of her dream seemed to cling to her even as she woke, as Mary heard the sounds of the ocean while she slowly came to awareness. For the first time in a long time, the young woman was able to wake on her own without the sound of her alarm blaring in her ear and without Rocket barreling into her. Something that made her shoot forward in a panic upon this realization that struck her harder than Rocket's large body. Her head whipped from side to side, hurriedly taking in her barren surroundings. To her left was a large body of water; Larger than anything she had ever encountered before. She laid on warm sand, so close to the water she feared getting wet. The first thing that came to mind that it was just some cruel joke, a prank or something like that. Holding on to that thought, it made it a bit easier to breathe. Mary stood, wanting to find a person, any person, as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back