• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Gifts of Hauma - An Egg Hatching Roleplay - CS

avira

mischief managed

9186ced13f09ac6f96d623f1148dd1bf.png
e79cc196cb3e23b93313ced086eacbbf.png

The Basics
You're woken by the incessant beeping of an alarm from your phone. Eyes still shut, you blindly grasp for it, swiping wildly in an attempt to get it to stop. You swing your legs out from under the covers with a herculean amount of effort, wincing from the cold air's touch. Your eyes blink rapidly as they adjust to the incoming streams of sunlight and take in the grandeur of your bare apartment. After what only felt like a moment (but must have been 5 minutes, according to your phone) the beeping resumes, reminding you that you really need to get ready for work. You sigh at the prospect of another mediocre day in the office. For a moment, you wonder if this is the life that the twelve year old version of you wanted.

Welcome to The Gifts of Hauma - my attempt at an egg hatching RP with a twist! Egg hatching RPs were a staple of my youth. Recently, I've gotten quite the hankering for them, so I decided to take a chance!

Instead of the classic adolescents finding eggs and going on an adventure, in this RP we'll be playing real world adults. Our characters will have jobs, responsibilities, bills, and all the other things that make adulthood so great. That means their personalities will be affected by their grown-up experiences. There's something interesting to me about taking a more mature approach to an egg hatching RP. In particular, I want to explore the striking of a balance between many different aspects in this RP - the seriousness of adulthood and laughter of adolescence, the technology-reliant culture of city life and exploration of nature and magic, realistic grit and childish humor - to name a few.

The Setting and Plot
Our story begins current day, with our characters as your average Joe/Jane in an average city. One night, they go to sleep expecting to wake up in their bed and continue their daily grind. Instead, after a very strange dream, our characters find themselves on a beach they've never seen before, with nothing and no one but each other. They decide to band together, at least for the time being, as they explore the island and try to figure out what's going on. Along the way, they'll find their eggs, which will eventually hatch. Telling you about the island they end up on would spoil a few things, but it's an average tropical island with a few surprises up its sleeve.

This is very much an character driven RP, so I encourage romance/drama/tension. There's a bit of a grander story about how our characters got their eggs and why, but they'll get the chance to explore that as we go. I want a lot of the focus to be on interaction between our characters, their egg-hatched charges, and how they deal with that kind of responsibility while trying to orient themselves in a new environment. As our characters are adults, they'll feel the pressure of returning to their regular lives and responsibilities or the freedom of escaping it (or both).

The Rules
1. All characters must be at least 18.
2. I personally prefer smaller RP groups, so I will be limiting this to 4-5 characters/eggs.
3. This is not first come first serve, nor will there be reservations. While you may note in your CS or in OOC which egg you'd prefer, the final decision rests with me.
4. This will be a detailed and (I'm hoping) long-term RP. While quality is more important than quantity, in the interest of substance I am expecting at least a full paragraph per post, at least once or twice a week. Please let us know if you'll be inactive for a while, in advance!
5. Be kind to your fellow RPers. We're all working together to have a good time.
6. The usual - no GMing, Mary Sues, controlling/harming other characters without consent, etc.
7. CS has been posted, you'll find the link below. I expect all characters to be submitted by September 5th, 2017. At that time, you'll get a PM saying if your character has been accepted.

The Eggs
Egg A - Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and shiny enough to resemble a sizable gem. It's shaped as an oval instead of the usual egg shape. The outer shell is a smooth translucent opal. When the light gleams off its surface just right, you can barely make out two cloudy silver somethings swirling just below. It's deceptively heavy and dense for its size.

Egg B - Though on the smaller side of the eggs, this one is warm to the touch and quite rigid. Its dry, rough exterior reminds you of burnt earth, complete with ridges and sprawling cracks. Every now and then you catch a wisp of smoke escape one of its many superficial fissures.

Egg C - Medium sized and perfectly spherical. The outside is covered in a lush green fuzz long enough to sway in nonexistent wind. No matter which way you turn it the fuzz always seems to flow in the same direction, as if oblivious to the established laws of nature (like gravity). Must be handled with care because it is especially soft. Gives off the pleasant scent of of a cozy rainy morning.

Egg D - A slightly larger egg colored as dark as the deepest reaches of space, reasonably firm. Just touching it makes you feel uneasy for an unknown reason. The undecipherable markings of a forgotten realm cover it, shimmering dimly. As you peer closer, the markings seem to shift mischievously, continually escaping your understanding.

Egg E - The largest egg, it takes both hands to carry. Its bright fuchsia shell is mildly yielding with small flecks of gold adorning it all over. Matching gold spikes jet out from the narrower side of the egg, resembling a crown. Radiates a calming warmth. When you hold it close, you swear you can almost feel the faintest thump of a heart beat.

Last edited:
CS G uidelines
Hopefully you've read the rules by now, so you'll know the general gist of what I'm trying to go for. All our characters must be adults, which means they'll be 18+. They'll be leading completely average lives before this adventure begins. I want to explore character interaction and the weight of their responsibility, so don't make your character too bland.

A note on the actual character sheets - don't feel obligated to code if you don't feel comfortable. (You can always head over to the BBCode center where wonderful people offer their code for free use.) Code, or don't, either way is perfectly fine. Present the information as you like. I care much more about content than aesthetics.

Character Sheet Info
Name

Must be 18+, but I'd prefer our characters to be in their 20s, as real world adults.

Occupation
Do they have a job? Are they a student? Both? How do they make a living?

Physical Description
1+ paragraph of written description mandatory. Pictures are encouraged but no anime, please (realistic illustrations are perfectly fine).

Likes 3+

Dislikes 3+

Positive traits 3+

Negative traits 3+

Quirks 3+

Fears 3+

Personality
1+ paragraph. Again, since this is a character-driven story, we'll need interesting characters. Just because their lives are bland doesn't mean their personalities have to be.

History
2+ paragraphs. What were they like as a child, where did they come from? What were their dreams and aspirations and how did your character do at achieving those goals? Remember, our characters lead pretty average lives, at least in their own minds. How did they come to be at the point where they are now?

Extras
Literally anything I've yet to cover. Does your character have a family? Some kind of weird disease? A pet? Any other random responsibilities that might keep them mentally tied to the real world? This is also where you can note which egg your character prefers, and you can update this once your character is assigned an egg.

image.png

image.jpg

Evelyn Faith Williams

:

Occupation
Real Estate Agent

Physical Description
Evelyn is a woman a full figured woman. She stands at 5'7 and weighs about 198 lbs. Her skin is warm brown in color with light undertones. Evelyn had dark brown eyes. Her hair is black and is cut short. She had a small mole under her right eye. Her lips are full and darkish pink.

Neo soul ✦ Mystery novels ✦ Wine ✦Deep dicussions ✦ Dressing up ✦ Getting things done

Dislikes
Bigots ✗ Celery ✗ Her allergies ✗ Unnecessarily rude behavior

Positive traits
Compassionate ✦ Honest ✦ Open-minded ✦ Quick-witted ✦ Fierce

Negative traits 3+
Easily-stressed ✗ Indesive ✗ Workaholic ✗ Stubborn

Quirks 3+
Rolling her eyes. ✦ Nerdy snort ✦ Paces when nervous ✦ Biting her lip

Fears 3+
Spiders ✦ Rats ✦ Heights

Personality
Upon first meeeting her Evelyn is a polite young woman with a kind smile. She's an open book who carries her heart on her sleeve. Evelyn is almost too kind at times. She doesn't mind helping others and doesn't like seeing people in bad situations. If she figures that she can help she'll do it. This has caused her to be taken advantage of on multiple occasions. Evelyn isn't someone who is quick to judge. She doesn't listen to rumors for the most part. Eve would rather judge someone based on her own knowledge rather than what was heard somewhere else.

She doesn't believe in lying or sugar coating to some extent. Evelyn doesn't completely tell the truth one hundred percent of the time but she doesn't make lying a habit. Eve loves to have fun. To her fun is laying curled up in front of a fire with a class of wine and a good book. She isn't really a fan of going to clubs or crowded places. She's not a complete shut in though. Evelyn takes her job serious to the point where she tends to overwork herself. She's a perfectionist and stern when it comes to her work.

Despite being a kind person to a fault almost, Evelyn can be quite fierce when she needs to be. People tend to tak her kindness for a weakness and she ends up putting her foot down. She's not one to let others walk all over her. Evelyn is protective of her freidns and family like any person is. She's always looking out for them. Someone would describe her as a mama bear. She finds comfort in nurturing and caring for those who are important to her.

Evelyn is an indecisive person . She has a hard time making a decision about the simplest things, like what color top she wants to wear or what she wants to eat . She has a stubborn streak. It's hard to change her mind when it's set on something. Despite being this confident and caring woman on the outside Evelyn has personal issues that she deals with. She's always disliked her weight. The bullying that she went through in school followed her. But instead of children it was adults, whispers behind her back and people pointing and laughing at her. Evelyn always tried to lose her weight with teas and diets but they didn't work. Eventually she pushed her feelings down and focused on her work.

History
Evelyn was born in The Big Apple aka New York. She was lived in a low class neighborhood in Brooklyn or the ghetto as some call it.Her parents were poor but they loved eachother and their child very much. The two of them provided for Evelyn as best she could. Evelyn childhood consisted of both struggles and good times. There were times where she would go hungry for a night and days where'd she have fun with her cousins. It seemed the poverty brought people together. With no money to afford toys Evelyn played outside until the streetlights came on. She played made up games with her friends and family. The struggle of growing up in a poor home was real.

Evelyn knew what it was like to sleep without the lights on or having fbarely enough food on the table. When he grew older and realized how bad her situation was she was determined to make it out. In high school Evelyn struggles with her weight. She was bullied for it but she never let her sadness show. Instead she pushed forward. Her dream was to make it big and she did just that.

Evelyn took her grades seriously. She studied religious and always managed to keep her grades up. During her senior year in high school Evelyn was receiving scholarships from a variety of schools. When graduation came she was the class valedictorian. She went to college for law and managed to become a layer. Her parents were very proud of her. Evelyn had managed to make it out of the ghetto. Evelyn moved to a better part of the neighborhood and took care of her parents. She wanted to thank them for believing in her and loving her.

Extras
Evelyn has a Great Dane named Thunder. She's had him since she was a freshman in college.

Despite what others think Evelyn does work out to stay in shape

Her mother is a maid in a motel and her father is a retired janitor and current gardener.

She's has self confidence issues

Egg preferred: Egg C (or whichever you'd think is best)

coded by y o u n g j a e

Last edited:

Mark Beau
(scroll)

original.jpg

172f722a0cfd7e33a6b9f7c2c348dd8f.jpg
a0cfd663a5194f0b6c34ce16941ad18a.jpg

The Money Manager

Nickname: Beau
Zodiac: Leo

Physical Description: Around the height of 6ft1, Mark is a reasonably tall guy, his body is covered in a thin shading of muscle from his continuation of working out in his spare time making him appear to be stronger than the average joe. Yet his soft brown eyes calm down the tension that often comes from his structured face and heavy brows which go along with his slightly Hispanic origins, he has a tanned complexion with thick dark hair.

- Melon and ice cream mixed together
- Trying his best to impress
Dislikes:
- Laziness in people
- Too much heat
- Large depths of water

Positive traits: Mark does his best to be compassionate to everyone he meets, but this also comes hand in hand with his kindness and sense of humor. All of which he holds in high regards with others as well.

Negative traits: Even though Mark does his best, he has a large flirtatious side that can often get him in trouble. Although this gets him into awkward situations, not as much as his envy for others and his constant over thinking doesn't help when looking at himself.

Quirks:

- Often blinks a few times in a row when he's nervous
- Will crack his fingers when he's bored
- Hums old lullabies when he walks
Fears:
- Fears being left alone/abandoned
- The unknown in deep water (lakes, oceans, seas)
- Constriction in a small room
Personality:
Mark is a calm soul who doesn't like to get into a confrontation. His fighting skills are zero to none, you could say he is a pacifist. Even so, that doesn't mean his mouth can't spit fire. If he sees or hears something he feels is extremely out of order, he'll engage in a fire fueled argument if he thinks it needs addressing. Although this may be the case, he will always be loyal to those he finds kindness in, never leaving them in dire need and helping them with anything they may ask, but his kindness can sometimes lead into unknowing flirting or romance if it goes that far.

History:
Growing up in Loire Vally, France. He was raised on horse land with his mother. He was a happy child always willing to help out with looking after the stables and the horses they live with. A talented young boy, he had dreams of working with animals no matter their size or their species and being supported by his mother that is what he did. Going on to study management and zoology he found he wasn't capable of completing what he wanted, but found that maths was something he also enjoyed.

It came with stress and struggled with wanting to be a party teen but also wanting to be a hard working soul. There was nothing he thought odd about the way he lived in his mind and he continued forward until he found a job at a large bank with job opportunities all over. Moving out to where it was placed, he found a small apartment in a rustic complex, nothing fancy or stylish, but suitable for a single guy and his trusted companion of a Bulldog.

Extras:
Mark owns a fourteen-year-old bulldog named, Toast.
He also helps out with charity work in local rescue cencentresring his off time from work.
(No egg preferred, the choice is up to what you think it suitable!)

Last edited:
Starlight Piano, Hopes Light.jpg
"You don't need to hear, to speak."

Name:
Hitori Sakimoto

Nickname(/s):
Hi-chan, Saki, Momo, Tori, Hito, Risa, Kemo, Kimu, Mu, Etc…. Just about anything you can think of she'd tried calling herself at one point or another, none of them really stick but she doesn't mind.

18 (To be honest her birthday wasn't too long ago and she's fresh out of high school.)

Currently unemployed, she was a student up till a few weeks ago however and considering her plans to continue with her education if possible you may still consider her as such, she's studying to become a musician.

Physical Description:
8692500ea8611f761781b2e635ea4b3f_bp.jpg
[Sorry! I know it's rather anime but the moment I saw it I knew that this is what I wanted my character to look like, please just tell em if it's really unacceptable and I'll try and find something else, or you could kinda just take it for a rough reference otherwise as I'll be writing my description down below!]

Height- 5'7"-5'9"
(She hasn't actually measured for a long time but in comparison to other girls she is rather tall, only adding to her tom-boyish yet gentle appearance.)

Weight- 45-49kg
(Once again she hasn't checked or quite some time but considering her rather skinny appearance despite her height she was last somewhere around this, she's one of those lucky people who can eat just about however much they want and it all seems to just disappear into thin air around them.)

Hitori doesn't exactly fit the stereotypical body type of a girl, she looks more on the tomboy side of things shape and style wise but she does have a certain cute and feminine charm about her if you look, especially face-wise and if paying even closer attention, her hands. She has a rather pale skin complexion and never wears makeup, her eyes are a stunning deep ocean blue colour with almost silver-ish hints within and her blonde hair, as featured in the image above shows off her fathers more western side brought to her Japanese mother, though her mixed ethnicity is clear. She has a somewhat delicate yet muscular body build, an odd combination but believe when hearing but easy to understand once actually seeing her in person, she doesn't tend to wear anything too fancy unless at a performance and otherwise prefers her school clothes or as she puts her casual and comfy wear.

-Being around people and her friends.
-Dogs/Animals.
-Calm places as busy ones have a tendency to make her confused.
-Natures beauty.

Dislikes:
-Being alone.
-Crowed areas.
-People not respecting or listening to others or herself.
-Felines, the terrifying and monstrous creatures. (Cats)

Positive traits:
-Friendly, sociable.
-Optimistic and hopeful no matter what, a strong believer in the power of belief and an almost contagious positive energy and smile.
-Strong-Willed and Kind-Hearted, if she has a goal she will keep going towards it in an extremely determined fashion, she's hard working and resilient, caring for even the smallest thing and willing to assist however she can in a situation.

Negative traits:
-Highly energetic and sometimes hard too keep up with meaning she's extremely playful/mischievous.
-Secretive, and on occasion an overly independant mindset.
-Stubborn to bite the fault and unwilling to give up even when she needs help.

Quirks:
-Fidgeting in the manner of playing piano keys that aren't there, her fingers seemingly dancing across invisible keys when nervous or bored.
-Blushing uncontrollably when happy or embarrassed, her pale complexion turning a light pink shade to match her equally as adorable laugh.
-Having been raised in a more country side area of japan as a child before moving elsewhere she does have a slightly odd accent, only progressed further by her hearing condition.
-When trying to control her short temper she tends to puff out her cheeks in a childish manner.

Fears:
-Loosing sight, both figuratively and literally.
-The dark.
-Cats, yeah to this girl those small fuzzy balls of fur are an absolute nightmarish creature.

Personality:
Note: Okay, let me say here that despite all my two plus years on donation I still cannot write a personality without loosing the feel for the character I want, I can write about it in any other context but here so I ask of you to please accept the extra focus on her personality I've put into other sections of the CS as you may have noticed, if this is not allowed just tell me and I'll do my best to write one up. "^w^

History:
[T.B.R, The backstory will be not yet revealed to other members besides a short description due to many secrets wanting to be slowly revealed throughout, if you were wondering why it only covers a short period of time rather than an overview.]
Hitori grew up and was raised in a semi country area of japan, it had a small town and a local school, the whole place surrounded by acres of rice fields on a hilly yet beutiful terrain, everything was so green and lushes, the air fresh and clear it wasn't the biggest nor busiest place but it was home and a place she will always remember, everyone knew everyone their, they were all friends and many hot summer mornings and cool spring afternoons were spent playing and chasing each other around, it was a place away from all the hustle and technology, a place where kids could be kids.

Hitori's love for and astonishing skill at music was discovered at an extremely young age when she first started music lessons and despite the knowledge of her inherited condition she continued playing no matter what, she was playful and friendly and always up to something, either that be mischief or simply having a laugh with they people she was close with and cared about, the girls smile always optimistic and her songs like a light of hope and innocence.

Extras:
-Hitori's family has a condition passed down hereditarily which can cause almost completely deafness, it doesn't affect everyone in her family and luckily skipped over her mother but did pass down to her over time she's slowly lost her hearing and as such has hearing aids/implants on either ear, without them she's practically deaf but with them she continues to play her music.
-She's always been afraid of cats ever since she was young and no one really knows why, not even she knows why she's so scared of them but for whatever reason the irrational fear of cats stays, they do have a family dog however, a border collie cross of which she loved as a child and spends time with every day, she really des have a soft spot for animals.
-She practices her music hard every day to prepare herself and to keep up with her work load, she's quite the child prodigy you might say despite her condition that she keeps well hidden from audiences, it eats up a lot of her free time but she loves it.
-Her main instrument of choice is piano but she has mucked around with a pan flute and a saxophone once or twice just for fun, not to mention she has a rather impressive singing voice.
Note: I like the sound of the mysterious 'space-y' one but I'd be much happier with you choosing whatever you feel is best senpai!!
avira avira Sorry for not coding it but here! Hope you like it. :3 XD

Last edited:
[color= sienna]Angel[/color]

12797816_1675660366038457_63274703_n.jpg

12822451_1683512791889819_601181165_n.jpg

• [color= white]
    Name:
    Angel Vincent

Sexuality:
    Polygamous Lesbian

Freelance programer
    Senior College Student, taking classes entirely online, majoring in computer sciences

Description:
    At a height of 5'5 and 120 lbs with her prosthetics, Angel is... Nothing out of the ordinary in that regard. With brown eyes, short blonde hair, and an androgynous face, she can easily be mistaken as an adolescent boy if she wears baggy clothes and doesn't put on make up. Not that this really makes life difficult unless she's trying to get into a bar. Her skin is pale and without much scarring nor freckling, easily comparable to a porcelain doll. Not really. She doesn't look at all like porcelain. She has scarring and shit. She's missing both of her legs above the knee, and has two prosthetic to allow her to walk. There's bad scarring around the stumps, showing that this wasn't a birth deformity.

While her appearance itself isn't noteworthy, her wardrobe is... colorful, to say the least. Into costuming, she has a lot of clothing merchandise from media she likes, ranging from movies with notable attires to cartoons and anime. It's nothing to see her attend class dressed up as Jack Sparrow just because she feels like it. She has the outfits, why not use them? So what if she has to be awake three hours early to put everything together? She'll totally go to class as Jack Sparrow... Even if they're just online and her classmates can't see her entire cosplay.[/color]

Last edited:
Name
Lin-lin Tomohara

Occupation
Lin-lin's currently a fourth year college student. She also gives online English lessons.

Physical Description
3818702b09d0c6d846b1614d6a01359f--art-chinois-girl-paintings.jpg

Lin is pretty tall, standing at around 1.8 m or 5' 9". She weighs 130 lbs. Her body is lean and toned from vball, though she still maintains a bit of an hourglass. You really only need to look to know that she is 100% Asian. Her skin is quite pale, her eyes are dark brown (black?), and her hair is very dark brown/black. Lin gives off an aura of elegance. It is unlikely that you'll see her smiling. She never smiles. Lin wears modest, comfortable clothing. Although she does where short sleeves when it's warm/hot, she prefers long sleeves. The colours she wear aren't too bright and eye-catchy. Lin always has her scarf somewhere with her, be it on her or in a bad somewhere.

Personality Type
ISTJ-A

Personality
Lin isn't the type to fool around. Everything she does has a purpose, a function. She's not very social, and when she does socialize, it's usually to fire an insult. People who have been around her note that she's pretty grumpy and isn't exactly the nicest person to work with. Nevertheless, over time she'll grow to like you, she'll just never admit to it. She will show signs, though: "Stop staying up all night, retard, you need more sleep." Lin's rather blunt about things. While she isn't ever happy, she isn't ever extremely angry either. Just multiple levels of annoyed.

She's pretty stoic, and things don't phase her too easily. She works hard, getting things done and preferring not to procrastinate. She values logic and honesty over heart and empathy, and while she might try to cheer someone up, she'll suck at it. She sometimes comes off as insensitive. Lin tends to do everything herself, believing she's the only one who can really do it. When she can't, she'll blame it all on herself. Lin tends to be pretty prideful, thinking she's higher or better than a lot of people (she's not condescending, she's just prideful). Because of Lin's confidence in herself, she'll sometimes make hasty (and sometimes bad) assumptions. She isn't a big fan of change, or new ideas, unless they're brought on by herself, and she can be quite stubborn about it. She's also not much of a dreamer.

Lin's mind is sharp. She looks at her surroundings, notices small things, and analyzes the "data" she gathered. She's not always 100% correct, but she can make pretty good assumptions about things after examining them. While Lin may at first be selfish, the closer you get to her, the more you'll realize that she'll defend her friends with her life if she had to... again, she'd never admit it. Getting her to be your friend isn't going to happen very quickly, though. Just keep that in mind.

Oh, and Lin's the most adorable thing when flustered.

Positive traits
- Honest and Direct
- Strong-willed and Dutiful
- Responsible
- I literally just copied off of 16 Personalities
- Calm and practical
- Organized, orderly
- Intelligent, logical, analytical, left brain stuff
- Observant
- Can handle stress/pressure
- In a friendship: Loyal, fierce, and caring(?)

Negative traits
- Stubborn
- Insensitive
- Rule follower
- Judgmental
- Overworks
- Prideful
- Grumpy, borderline pessimistic
- Blunt

- Quiet activities such as reading, listening to music, doodling, or writing.
- Getting things done
- Cooking
- Volleyball

Dislikes
- Americanized Chinese restaurants (I really only put this here because I hate them too :P)
- Anything loud and obnoxious
- Kids. The annoying ones, anyways.
- Dogs, but she can tolerate them.
- Overly affectionate actions (hugs... *shudders*) / PDA
- Everything and everyone, it almost seems.

Quirks
- Can't function when flustered
- Multilingual: Japanese, Chinese, English
- Likes to crack her neck at random times, but she can't crack anywhere else
- Multiplies in Chinese, counts in Japanese

Fears
- Failure
- Change

History
Lin was born in a primarily white, suburban town to two immigrant parents. Both her parents knew what the American education system was like (don't worry America's cool I live in America), and both wanted her to get ahead in school. Don't worry, college pressure never came until middle school. Lin's area wasn't just primarily white, they were also primarily ignorant and racist! At first, Lin wasn't faced with any social problems. She was a generally happy kid who loved playing with friends. Things changed in second grade, though. Lin spent the following years relatively alone, with nothing but the desire to be successful and to do well getting her through. Lin wasn't full-on, physical and mental torture bullied, but she was always left out. Teased about. Stereotyped. Lin didn't let this get her down, though. She felt that she smarter than them. That if she just focused on her studies, she could climb above them. To her, friends weren't necessary.

When Lin-lin was 12, her family moved to another area for better education. There, Lin was surrounded by a more diverse, accepting community. But many years of the same mentality was hard to change, and Lin continued to push friends away and focus on being successful. In high school, Lin was a bit more cooperative (only for the function of getting group projects done), and she found herself on decent terms with a few people. Not friends. Just people who talked to each other from time to time. College happened, and Lin did basically the same exact thing she had taught herself to do: focus on studying, friends aren't important. It's practically her motto now.

Extras
- Chinese mom, Japanese dad.
- As for eggs, I don't really care. Whichever one you think is best!
- mmmm if I think of something else, I'll throw it in...

Last edited:
r4ACGqS.png

Thirty Three years old
Military Veteran, Chicago Homicide Unit Detective

Physical Description
Elijah is very tall, muscular and grizzly, with unkept stubble. He stands a few inches over 6 feet and has the physique of a military man, a strong solid build. He keeps his hair cut short and only trims his facial hair when it gets way out of control, prefer the rugged look. His eyes are dark but there is an inviting warmth to them that gets people to trust him. If you can manage to get him to smile you'd find perfectly straight white teeth - but most don't know that since he suffers from resting bitch face.

Likes 3+
Working and solving cases
Weight training/lifting
Getting together with his veteran friends for drinks despite him not drinking
People who know what they want and how to get it
Connecting

Dislikes 3+
Closed minded people
Being reprimanded or fused at
Chaos, uncontrollable situations
When a case stumps him
Running out of time
Immaturity
Selfishness

Positive traits 3+
He cares a lot about people
Selfless
Will always try to do the right thing
Takes a logical approach to every situation

Negative traits 3+
Can be prone to fits of rage though he would never physically hurt anyone who didn't deserve it
His obsessiveness puts a heavy strain on himself and those close to him
Finds it hard to disassociate work and personal life
Allows his instincts and impulses to drive him to conclusions

Quirks 3+
He doesn't drink caffeine or alcohol, hates the effects
Prefers a good book over sports/television
Pinches the bridge of his nose when stressed or deep in thought
Really really loves cheesy food

Fears 3+
That if he stops focusing on his job he'll actually have to deal with his own problems
Failing to help a victim/victim's family
Sustaining an injury that would disable him

Personality
Elijah is the epitome of "tough on the outside, soft on the inside". He is a sensitive is a and loving person beneath a strong, hard exterior built up from years of having to protect himself. The most important things to him are family, love, trust, integrity and justice- without those things he seriously questions what separates mankind from beasts. Elijah is a very empathetic individual and his capacity to care about others is only matched by his ability to devote himself solely to a particular goal or cause. It's because of this and his mind for quickly analyzing situations that he is well suited for his job as a detective. He's brash and outspoken, never afraid to speak his mind on a subject or give advice. Used to living humbly for much of his life, Elijah has no materialistic instincts and as a result is very generous with what possessions he does have. He'd willingly give things up if it meant someone else could benefit from it. The downside is that his selflessness often leads him to neglect himself. His health and even personal life sometimes suffers. He's great at starting relationships and despite the importance he places on them finds it hard to keep them in a good spot. He's not very good at communicating intimate, heartfelt emotions and prefers to show his meaning through actions. He is very curt and to the point though he loves a good joke and often looks for the humor in situations.
Though he is not quick to judge, Elijah has a good sense for analyzing a persons character. He is able to put himself into the shoes of others to help him understand how they think and that helps him filter through the people he comes in contact with. If he dislikes you, it's probably for good. He has a fierce sense of justice and will gladly bend the rules to make things right. He has a deep rooted hatred for certain kinds of people (namely violent criminals, abusers etc) and doesn't mind getting violent when it suits his cause. He trusts his instincts and is impulsive as a result. When he does exhibit rage he usually only enacts it on inanimate objects. His size and stature are intimidating which leads people to think he's aggressive and violent - which he can be but he certainly doesn't choose to. Only if necessary when dealing with some vile human being.

History
Elijah's story is not much different from the average black man who grew up in the poor neighborhoods of Chicago's south side - but that doesn't make it any less disheartening.
He was brought up in a single parent home, his mother taking the best care of himself and his younger sisters as she could. His father had never really wanted to take responsibility for them and was more of a drive by dad then anything else. He never gave them anything and soon Elijah learned not to expect anything from the man. He was grateful his mother hadn't named him after the man as she had initially wanted to do, instead choosing a name she had always favored from the Bible - Elijah. Church was a big part of their family life. Some Sundays they would be there from morning till evening, participating in a variety of activities. Some part of Elijah attributes his moral leanings to what he learned and experienced from church but he's more of a casual aethiest nowadays. Still when the family struggled, the church was there to aid them. Because of their kindness and generosity Elijah has always sought to extend that same kindness to others.
Throughout high school Elijah could begin to see that there were only four options for him: 1. he could join a gang and hopefully make some money selling drugs. 2. he'd join a gang and end up dead. 3. he could go to college and get an education, start a career in something and owe all kinds of money. 4. he could go to military, have them pay for his education and start a career in something. He was always determined to rise above his circumstances and become more than what people expected him to be. He did not want to become just another statistic. Option 4 seemed like his best bet so he enlisted in the military shortly after graduating high school. There Elijah believes he was shaped into the man he is today. The army fostered in him the ideals he holds strongly to and encouraged him to work towards becoming a police officer. Because of his intelligence and aptitude for solving crime, he was recommended to become a detective. Not initially what he was interested as he'd rather help people while they were living versus after they were dead, he came to see the benefit of working with the Homicide Unit. So many murders were going unsolved and families left with no closure. He saw the good he was doing when he brought in the people responsible. It made him feel good to see those criminals locked up and the families thanking him for bringing their loved one the justice they deserved.

Extras
Would prefer the dark, space egg.

Name
Marian Gray

Nickname
Mary

Zodiac
Libra

Occupation
Veterinarian Tech

Physical Description
e014a6cb2dc3baee32f30a66b8e73b58--digital-art-digital-paintings.jpg

Mary has a bit of a baby face so she's often mistaken to be younger than she actually is, with childish freckles and large greenish blue eyes that only adds to this illusion. Despite her somewhat pretty face, she's often looked over because of her plain style of dress, either comprised of a simple jeans and a t-shirt or her scrubs. She stands at an average height of 5'6 and is rather petite with very little feminine curves. Her brown hair falls just past her shoulder blades.

• Looking at fashion items that she can't afford
  • Watching drama shows
  • Cats
  • Fairness

Dislikes
  • Negative comments/insults
  • Getting messy
  • Babies
  • Loudmouths
  • Injustice

Positive traits
  • Diplomatic
  • Easygoing
  • Fun-loving
  • Open minded

Negative traits
  • Inconsistent
  • Indecisive
  • Tendency towards overdramatic-ness
  • Emotions tend to cloud her judgement

Quirks
  • Believes in the supernatural
  • Likes to figure out people's astrology signs
  • Bites her lip when thinking
  • Collects tea cups
Fears
  • Being alone
  • Being hated/misunderstood
  • Being manipulated

Personality
While Mary does like to be around her friends, she doesn't have problems being by herself for awhile. It would be when she's in complete solitude with no one around that she finds it hard to breathe. Around a group people though, most of the time Mary likes to stand back and observe before interjecting. Meeting new people, Mary reflects the treatment shown to her. If someone is rude to her, she's rude back. If someone is friendly to her, she's friendly back.

Though she doesn't show it, Mary is a very curious person. She likes to learn new things and engage with people. She's just not very good at instigating conversation. She's not a big risk taker in general and rather play it safe. Still, Mary has a tendency to take people at their word and can be too trusting. Once caught between two sides of an argument, she will often switch between them and play the middle man and devil's advocate which has annoyed many people that she's close to.

History
As a child, Mary didn't do very well in school academically. She struggled and tried to cover up this fact by collecting friends all throughout elementary school, middle school and all the way up to high school. These friends meant little to her but eventually got her caught up down the wrong path by drinking and trying to forget her responsibilities altogether, causing her grades to suffer even more. There was no reasoning with her for several years until she had to face the consequences of her actions when even the 'friends' that partied with her graduated before her. While it drove her further into her hole of alcoholism for a time, it also was used by her parents as a way to get her to realize she needed help. Seeing a therapist, they came to the root of the problem that she had ADHD and was able to overcome it through the help of private tutors and medication.

It took her a while to get herself back on the right track after that but eventually made her way through college before settling on being a vet tech. The only reason she settled on it was so that she could work in the same place as the friend she made in college, Amelia since she had no idea of what she wanted to be at the time. The next few years went by peacefully and Mary has finally settled into a normal life.

Notable Relationships
Janet Grey - Mother
Michael Grey - Father
Terry Grey - Brother
Amelia Werner - Roommate

Extras
While Mary has no pets of her own, Amelia does have a dog named Rocket.
She must take Adderall for her ADHD, which causes her insomnia and the occasional irrational irritation.

Last edited:
— Glenn LaMont
full
Character Sheet

Occupation
Fisherman (Retired)

Physical Description
Tanned and leathery skin due to years of working out in the sun, slightly enlarged joints due to old age, a fine sophisticated look in his eyes with a gentle spark of life that defies his age, tall and slender, calloused hands and feet, graying beard and hair with streaks of brown reminiscent of his younger years, has all of his natural teeth except for his upper-left first bicuspid (which is visibly missing when he smiles)

• Solitude
  • Homemade meals
  • Animals
  • The outdoors
  • Campfires
  • Listening to stories
  • Fishing (bet you didn't guess that one)

Dislikes

• Cruelty
  • Over-bearing individuals
  • City life
  • Politics

Positive traits

• Kind
  • Gentle
  • Compassionate
  • Patient
  • Hospitable

Negative traits

• Over critical of self
  • Goes by own time
  • Foul-mouthed
  • Smoker

Quirks

• Generally submits to the ideas and suggestions of others without thinking of his own needs
  • Readily puts himself in the way of danger without careful consideration
  • Overly honest, always telling the truth even to his own detriment
  • Doesn’t talk much, and uses short simple words when he does speak
  • Faint "country-bumpkin" accent

Fears

• Being completely vulnerable
  • Losing control
  • Asking for help
  • Not being able to provide for loved ones

Personality
Ever laughed out loud because someone's laughter was so infectious? That's the kind of laughter that Glenn has. He's a jovial, older man, doing his best to look on the "bright side". His gruff and rugged outward appearance can be intimidating at first, but his kind and gentle spirit shines through as soon as he speaks to even the most difficult of strangers.

History
Glenn was born to poverty with four younger siblings, all girls. His mother worked on the side by selling flowers when not tending to her children. His father was your atypical drunk and worked odd jobs. Glenn's childhood was cut short and practically non-existent. At the tender age of twelve he worked for a local fishing company. He would go out on their fishing trips and helped to untangle nets, clean equipment, and other mundane tasks. Eventually, and unsurprisingly, his father died of cirrhosis. His mother, a kind and devoted woman, passed soon after. She fell ill with the flu and never recovered. For a few years the youngest two girls were raised by Glenn on his own. Soon after his youngest sister married and moved out, he found the love of his life. Her name was Grace. He and she were two kindred spirits. There were nights that they were rambunctious and ran around town, then there were nights that they sat quiet and content in one another's company. Well, as Glenn's fate would have it, Grace died within hours of giving birth to their little girl, Josephine. Little Josie was Glenn's entire world from that day forward.
Today, Glenn is a proud great-grandfather. His chest swells with pride when he sees his grandchildren running toward him for a big hug. Several states separate him from his family though, so visits are very limited, unfortunately. Although he didn't have the most fortunate life from the beginning, Glenn has made the best of it. He knows that he can live the rest of his life peacefully knowing that his family is better off than he was.

Extras
Can play the banjo and harmonica, deceptively strong for a man his age. Happy and optimistic on the outside, but a sad soul that only the most perceptive of individuals can sense.

No egg preference. Please assign as you see appropriate!
coded by dwale

Last edited:
brunnette_female.png

Laura May Wilder
Biology:
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Physical Build: Slender/Petite
Hair Color: Warm, Chestnut Brown
Eye Color: Dark, Chocolate Brown
Height: 5' 3" (Five-Three)
Weight: 115lbs (One Hundred And Fifteen Pounds)
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Current Life:
Education: Bachelors in Journalism from the University of London
Income Level: Lower Middle Class (honestly is broke as fuck bc of student loans)
Relationship Status: Single
Nicknames: Wild Child, L, May

Physical Description:
Laura is one of those "short enough you could run into them if you don't look down" kind of girls. The combination of a willowy frame and a short stature makes it possible for her to slip through a crowd with ease while not knocking others over. Until the past couple months Laura had kept her warm, chestnut brown hair long past her shoulders, but now wears it much shorter, the longest bits falling to just her shoulders. Her dark brown eyes stand in stark contrast to the light gold of her skin, always a little sun kissed from how much time she spends outdoors.
brunette_female_2.png
~ Running
~ Writing
~ Cats!
~ Rain
~ Fall
~ Deep Conversations
~Crystals

Dislikes:
~ Children
~ Being over heated
~ Lies
~ Hats

Positive Traits:
+ Hard Working
+ Realist
+ Intelligent/ Intuitive
+ Honest
+ Personable

Negative Traits:
- Can be Pessimistic
- Blunt
- Outspoken
- Stubborn
- Likes to be in control of something
- Willful

Quirks:
Laura has quite a few nervous ticks and quirks that she does unconsciously, like running a hand through her hair when nervous or thinking, or fidgeting with her necklace or one of her rings. She also tends to close her eyes and attempt to block out all outside sound in a sort of meditation when she is stressed. On top of this when feeling embarrassed or awkward she tends to laugh a little and rub the back of her neck, an obvious tell for those that know her. Though not exactly a quirk, Laura does suffer from insomnia and has a pretty heavy addiction to coffee and cigarettes.
Fears:
δ Needles
δ Spiders
δDeath

cutmypic.png
Personality:
At first glance it would seem Laura is a quite woman, her dark hair and even darker eyes giving of a somewhat mysterious aura about her. This is all an illusion however, a simple trick she learned when she became an intern for a major news network while she was still in college. Laura is actually a rather decent person who tries to hold the best interests of others at heart, but that sometimes is not conveyed well because she has little time or patience for lying or sugar coating. Often times loosing herself in her work she can disappear for days doing research or just locked away to write an article for a popular online news site. Due to her weird, flexible schedule Laura is only able to keep a small handful of friends, but she is fiercely loyal and protective of them, their friendship more like a small family.

History:

At only 25, Laura May Wilder has already experienced enough stress for one lifetime. Born into a single parent household with one other sibling, life was not easy for the Wilder household. Consisting of an overworked father, a rebellious son, and Laura the family was at best dysfunctional. From an early age Laura could tell she was not exactly like her family, her maturity level far higher than it should be for a child. While her older brother by four years took great pleasure in making trouble in their home town in the mountains of east Washington, Laura stayed home and took on the responsibilities of making sure their house did not dissolve into a chaotic disastrous mess.

By the time Laura was 14 she was quite adept at multitasking, being able to juggle her schoolwork and making sure her family home did not fall into disrepair. With her father mostly out of the picture as a truck driver and her mother having never been in her life, the adult responsibilities such as shopping and paying bills fell on her and her older brothers shoulders. Her older brother, Jacob, had recently turned 18 and despite Laura's pleading, refused to get a stable job, often getting hired for a handful of weeks at the most before being fired or quitting. This put a strain on their already rocky relationship.

With the pressures of school and an uneasy at best home life, it was not long before Laura developed insomnia, staying awake for little over four days with only short amounts of sleep, about 8-10 hours, in between each session of sleeplessness. Despite her situation, Laura excelled at school, keeping a perfect record of attendance and managing to stay within the top three in her class all the way through her senior year of high school. To help cope with the immense workload she had to deal with, Laura picked up the nasty habit of smoking when she was 17, while she was cleaning the house and found her brothers hidden stash even though he had supposedly stopped the month before.

As Laura's high school years began to draw to a close, she slowly started to see light at the end of the tunnel, freedom from her stressful life. Putting out applications far and wide Laura sought to escape the life she had been born into, and somehow she was accepted to her dream school, The University of London, in the UK. With out a second thought she up and left Washington, having earned and saved money through odd night and summer jobs to afford a one way ticket to London and a tiny cramped dorm room.

Starting a new life in a new city thousands of miles from what she new was daunting to say the least, but Laura rose to the challenge with gusto, eager to rebuild into something, someone, better. Still suffering from insomnia she took a night job at a 24/7 coffee shop where she met two of her closest friends, Lucille and Jane. Together the three bonded over their mutual love of similar music tastes, hobbies, and coffee. The trio soon became a small family, each coming from a different sort of broken home, each mending that loss of familiarity with the formation of their own with each other. When the three graduated, Laura majoring in Journalism, Lucille in Marketing and Business, and Jane in Photography and Business, they decided to move to the United States to try and start a successful adult life there.

Although hesitant at first, Laura soon agreed and off the three went, finally settling in Portland after a year of bouncing around various cities trying to find a good fit for the three different majors. Though being back on the West Coast (best coast js) makes Laura a tad anxious, she is able to get past it through the help of her friends, which expanded to include Theodore, an coworker that ended up getting into a committed relationship with Jane, and Perry, a gay man that fit so perfectly into the group of friends it was like he had been there since the beginning.

Extra:
The brand Laura smokes is Blue Camels, also known as Camel Lights
Laura has two cats, a black cat named Azura, and a Orange and white cat named Creamsicle
Laura is not really religious but she is not atheistic. She likes the idea of crystals and energy and crystal therapy, and the idea that astrology plays a part in human lives, but she is no real big fanatic.
The egg that speaks to her the most (as the creator of her I guess it speaks to me the most lmao) is Egg C, the green spherical one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back