• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Game Keeper's Island

Disco

Groovy Dude

You awaken within your dream surrounded by pitch darkness and impossible cold to chill your skin. Every direction you look there is nothingness. Yet the ominous presence of the void collapses around and constricts you. Despite your attempts to wake, there is no escape.

A shrouded figure shimmers within the shadows. His silky and serene voice smooth the stress.

6099546d4f0ed94fcae22fc92b9cb2fe.jpg

"Welcome child." He greets, his warmth filling you.

"Will you play my game?" He asks, his curiosity reaching to you.

"'Tis is not for the faint of heart; nor the weak of mind; nor the ill of strength." He warns, his concern shrouding you.

"But great power, wealth, and pleasure greet my champions." He promises, his generosity beckoning you.

You and three others accept the Game Keeper's challenge and awaken on the shores of an unknown island. The sand beautifully glistens off the shores of the beach. The greens of palm and forest offer prosperity. But it doesn't take a genius to know that danger lurks behind every corner.​

The Game Keeper's Island is a D&D inspired Role Play I wish to GM. I look for four players willing to RP a single hero in the game I present. I am the Game Keeper. I will throw your heroes challenges that require athleticism and skill, puzzles that require a mind sharper than steel, and dangers that require confidence and combat prowess. Death is very likely. Heroes who play must abide by my rules; however, the game is rather open ended. Your party has one end goal: collect all four of my artifacts to escape the island.

Rules:

1. Power and meta gaming is not allowed. Good stories are built off conflict and struggle. What's the fun in your hero being impervious?

2. Avoid Marry/ Garry Sue characters. Should be self explanatory

3. Work together with your teammates! I cannot stress this enough. You're in a group of four because the way to escape is by collaborating.

4. Be sure to write an in depth character and create strong character development.

I love when characters have attachment and development to them. But remember that the RP focus is around the game itself. Feel free to have fun but don't neglect the game!

5. The RP has magic but physics should be realistic. Heroes can't swim up waterfalls or leap 500 feet in the air.

6. Have fun and get to know each other.

:)
This is currently a WIP but be sure to post if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see two already willing to play the game. I'm going to make the official thread when I get at least four but I'll leave things open till I get a few extras as reserves in case anything happens.

You can think of it like that, yeah. Although I've not played Forbidden Island myself. I intend for the RP to be rather free form so while it has the feel of a table top game players are more than just party roles to fill and their characters are allowed to be real people in the setting.

This is still open as we've only had 1 character sheet post on the main thread.

EDIT: I made a mistake please see below.

Oh... I didn't get notifications... My b

EDIT: 1 more spot open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back