• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Fruitcake Factory

Icelete

I'm the one who knocks.
4vjsyq.jpg

There is a world almost as tangible as our own, except it's not. It's very bright- and dark; happy- and too realistically saddening. This place is full of strange creatures, and envelopes your mind within its walls. Nestled deep inside . . .

Are a bunch of crazies who have crazy adventures together and talk about bullshit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is not meant to offend anyone. I understand that mental illness is a serious thing. This rp is simply meant to bring out the positives of finding friends and having a good laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
OF course!!! }}

Nat lay in a peaceful daze on his comfy little bed. He was quite fond of the padded little thing. As his body lay there and his mind floated other places, he heard his cell door slowly open. It didn't startle him, but he rocketed into a sitting position and tears immediately overflowed his waterlines. "AH-" came thundering from his chest, and he smiled as if it didn't happen. "Is it time for lunch?" He stammered; he was drenched in sudden tears, after all. His nurse nodded. She gently wiped his tears with her hanker chief, like everyday, and helped him stand. With that, she gingerly helped him down the hall.

[ I am realizing my form sounds nothing like a police file.
xD I'm sorry. ]

Cricket was, undoubtedly, already seated in the sterile cafeteria. It seemed she was the always the first in and out of there, finished quickly and gone before many patients even arrived. She sat stiffly, sitting on the backs of her hands and staring holes into her tray. Faintly, in the background, she heard her nurse prompt her to eat. She didn't obey though. She had called her Caroline.

It's alright xD }}

"Here we are.." Nat's nurse sat him down across from the girl. Now, Nat was pretty mild when it came to being mentally insane, so his nurse just made sure he had his food, then left to tend to others. He picked up his apple and studied it, then thoughtfully took a bite. As he chewed, he eyes peeked over his glasses at the younger girl in front of himself.

Crickets eyes flicked up for a mere moment, catching Nat's eyes before she dropped her gaze back down to her food. It suddenly became much more interesting, and she traced the details of her broccoli with her fork. She'd seem him around before--she did have a terrible habit of people watching--he cried a lot. That's all she really knew, even though tears were no stranger to her in a place like this. The kid sitting at the table behind her was practically sniveling into her soup. Her nurse was still nagging at her to eat, "Just one bite, Caroline!" and
God how she wished she would leave, but you're rarely unaccompanied when you tried to murder your family. It's not like those pricks didn't have it coming. But apparently that doesn't count as an excuse. Cricket pulled her little notebook out of her dress pocket, scribbling a few quick words into it and showing it to her nurse, who, after some head shaking and sighing, got up and retired to a post a few tables away, leaning against a wall. Cricket looked back up at Nat now. Didn't utter a word, but just stared with her big lifeless eyes. She wasn't quite sure what she was doing, but she wanted to watch this boy. Observe him without distraction, like kids do with ants under microscopes. Except she wasn't going to light Nat on fire. Ha.

Nat had busied himself with folding his paper napkin neatly and tucked it into his shirt. He couldn't stand when food dribbled onto cloth. He picked up his fork and stabbed his vegetables. As he brought it to his mouth, he noticed how a piece of carrot managed to fall and make some sort of soft sound on his tray. In his head, this wasn't the least bit funny, but his nerves in his frontal lobe begged to differ. He dropped his fork and covered his mouth as he began to laugh helplessly. He bent and his eyes squished shut, his laughter shaking his entire being. It echoed throughout the room.

Last edited by a moderator:

[ The emphasis we keep putting on vegetables is amusing. xD ]

One of Cricket's thin eyebrows quirked upwards in a display of confusion, and she watched Nat through slotted green eyes. Her first assumption, of course, was that he was laughing at her. After all, she wasn't familiar with his condition. Just to be sure, she whipped out her notebook, and her purple pen, and scribbled into it, turning to show Nat the thin, chicken-scratched words: What's so funny?

It is rather great. }}

Nat tried desperately to read the words presented to him, snickering and waving a hand over his face to stop his tears of false amusement. He finally calmed down enough to answer her question, "Nothing's. . . funny," he breathed as he met her green gaze with his own, looking a bit puzzled. " Oh." Then he reminded himself. "Was I laughing?" He asked nervously, overcoming his fit of guffaws by now. "I can't help it- I- I-" He shook and rubbed the side of his head. "I just laugh and cry and other stuff sometimes because I hurt my uh... Neurothings-" He tried to explain as best as he could, but social situations made him a little antsy. He adjusted his glasses and shrugged sheepishly at Cricket.

Okai I think I understand lel. And bae. Unknown is her last name not one of her names lel xD alsoyouforgottochangejadeanametosapphireloveyou

OHHHH. Lel. I get it. K. I'll start now. Okay I lied. I like types up a thing like it was school and I was like lul this isn't right so youstart

Seemingly satisfied with his answer, she tucked her notebook back safely into her dress.
Neurothings... she thought with a small shake of her head. If only those were the only things in her that were hurt. Cricket, after assuring herself she hadn't been the subject of Nats amusement, appeared finished with her socializing for the day, and she stood up, thin knees knocking together in a pigeon toed stance. Her earlier small wave of confidence had left her, and she was anxious to leave this strange boys presence. Yet before she walked off, a voice broke through its barrier of medication in the back of her mind, hissing into her brain. It'd been a while since she'd heard it, and it's sudden reappearance had caught her off guard, leaving her randomly standing, eyes closed, intent on listening.

Evangeline was already assorted with herself in the eating area, with a cute little lunch box, her long hair very messy from not brushing it. She fiddle with the box, not wanting to open it yet, but she seemed distracted, like she was talking to hereelf

Nat watched her actions, a bit confused and dismayed. "Are you okay?" He stammered, studying her far off look in her eyes. He had not noticed Evie yet, simply due to his concern for Cricket. He munched nervously on his food when she didn't answer him at a decent speed.

Cricket blinked rapidly, shaking her head as if she could shake away the voice. She gave Nat a small, forced smile, but it looked wrong, like somebody else was pulling her lips up for her. Her eyes had gotten darker, she had started to sweat, and she'd taken a few steps backward. She glanced over at Nat, but wouldn't look him in the eye, just jerked her thumb over her shoulder, pointing towards her nurse, indicating that she needed to leave, and turned to walk away, a little too quick and a little too clumsy; she'd accidentally bumped Evangeline's lunch box to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back