• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Freaks Come Out Night

Mikailgirl

Butterfly Child
Like I said this roleplay is about small bar for monsters.

Hidden away from human sight and only open at night a bar, this aptly named bar The Freaks Come Out at Night is a haven for monster and mythical creatures who want to relax, chat, and hook up with others. One day though a human found the bar but instead of killing him, the owner made him the bartender and knew he wouldn't tell human about the bar, I mean who would believe him.

--

Bar

tribe_pierre_belanger_7-640x428.jpg

Dance floor
Dance_floor_2_by_harmon.jpg

Lounge

Cool-Artistic-and-Unique-Lounge-590x332.jpg

--

None really, I'm cool with anything but you must type words that everyone can understand and read.

--

As the sunset and daylight faded, inky darkness begin to fill the night sky. It was a new moon and many human were heading inside for the night. Bar and clubs and all thing night were opening up and spreading the sound and sights of the city at night around. More and more places opened as the night waned on. But a very special bar was about to open it's doors very soon. As the clock strikes midnight a bar in the very back ally of the cities sign lit up. It reads The Freak Come Out at Night in very bright neon green. Many inhuman things begin to slink out of the shadows and into the bar. You see this was a special bar, one that no human knew exsited in the first place. A bar for unnatural creatures and ghouls. A bar for the freaks that hide in the shadows and haunt human imagination. A truly scary place for all the fear of humanity to come together and chill.

Lucy sighed another night another stupid bar fight. She hurried up and finished her cleaning as the first patrons made themselves visible. "Welcome welcome, drink, relax, party." She smiled at them before getting behind the bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geoffrey stood outside the bar, quietly, leaning on his cane. He looked up at the neon sign, with the "s" in "Freaks" flickering on and off, and sighed.

He was in a rather sour mood, and was wearing the ugliest goddamn tie on the face of the planet. It was a highly patriotic tie, with an eagle trailing stars and stripes, a buffalo, and the Constitution on it. It was a tie that was so hideous and so patriotic that even Dick Cheney would have told him to slow it down with the patriotism. The fact that he was wearing an ugly tie would have been a very bad sign, if anyone here knew him well enough to know that. He'd just gotten out of a meeting with an annoyingly smug Ventrue, and he was still quietly raging about it.

He needed a drink. It was his general rule not to drink when he felt like he needed one, but he needed a drink. A drink, and then to go home and watch Doctor Strangelove: or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb until his bedtime. That sounded like an acceptable plan for the evening.

Geoffrey quietly entered the bar, and stopped when he saw the bartender.

My god she has more teeth than the entire US Army what.

"...
Do you have, uh," he began, and stopped himself. "Could I have a rum and coke? ...Special number one," he added. That was usually code for "add a shot of blood, please", in places like this. If this could be called that, anyway. He'd just moved to this city from Boston, and he'd expected this place to be just another vampire bar, not... whatever this was.

Maybe she's just a Nosferatu. ...A very, very appearance-challenged Nosferatu.

Ruby was already sitting at the bar with a vodka soda and a shot tequila next to it. After tonight a shot of tequila was well needed. Living in the city made hunting scarce, let alone a run to stretch her legs. Though as miserable as she sometimes seemed she couldn't seem to want to leave the city. Maybe it was convenience or because she could get away with more before a small town would catch on to her. Her long fingers with red at the tips wrapped around the glass of vodka.

She crosses her legs as she shifted on her stool to glance at the door at raising an eyebrow at the strange sight that had just walked in. Though she supposed she really shouldn't be that surprised considering the bar tender; an adorably horrid creature of hell it seemed. But the guy's tie was a little loud to say the least. She turns her gaze back towards her drink as she takes another sip of it. Her hair was down and cascading down her bare back. She was wearing a pair of black tights with a long red shirt that hung off one of her shoulders. She had a pair of black riding boots on her feet and was wearing crescent moon earrings and a Native American-esque wolf howling at the moon pendant.

A cool breeze envelops the bar. Wisp sashays inside, small wisps of wind circling her dress and feet. After riding a current from Tokyo to get here she needed a drink. She notices the lack of people tonight and her lower lip begins to move into a pout until she notices a handsome young man sitting by the bar with one of the ugliest ties she had seen in her 293 years of existence and a strapping beauty she would like to get aquainted with. She sways over to Lucy, leans over the bare to get closer. "Ah! Darling Lucy your looking beautiful today, I mean it your positively glowing, did you do something new with your hair" she gives a big smile and glances at the two at the bar. "Don't you think she looks fabulous tonight?"

She sighed as she gave a look over at the vampire. "You must be new here, well I'm Lucy and I have no clue what a special number one is. I can get you that coke and rum though and if you're really a vampire then I can get you some blood too. What do you like innocent of spoiled." She made his drink real fast before pulling out a very bottles of a very dark red substance. "Take you time and choose I got all night." She gave him a wicked smile before turning to the girl. "Ahh why isn't it Wisp my favorite patron, how are you doing tonight,meet any cute people on the way here.This guys a newbie she maybe you gave give him some info." She points to his ugly tie. "Vampire, you either love um or hate um." Lucy gives a snicker and flicks her hair. "Why yes this is a new wig thanks for noticing, and what will you be having tonight..."

Ruby smiles as Wisp makes her way in. Her energetic nature was a bit infecting. "Fabulous as always" She states before listening to Lucy and Wisp's conversation, not because she was ease-dropping but because she was indeed right there. She looks back over at the man when they mention he's a vampire. "I thought vampires were supposed to have taste" She teases. "Though that tie is the definition of unique. Very American" She states with a smile, she wasn't trying to be cruel in her teasing, it was just her way of being friendly. She throws back her shot of tequila and chases it with the rest of her vodka soda. She turns her attention to Lucy. "Can I get another vodka coke if you'd be so kind." She places her glass in Lucy's direction. "The name's Ruby by the way" She states her name to no one in particular, just putting it out there.

Wisp tuns her body around chest up and spreads her arms out on the bar and she looks up at the ceiling in thought and smiles. She tilts her head back facing Lucy, "The wig is darling, dear. I'll start with a double shot of whiskey." She looks at the vampire and whispers to Lucy "I could never hate a vampire, that tie yes, but they are so classy and ooooh, that classic air they have around them just runs right through me!" She giggles swinging back around in a sitting position. Glancing flirtatiously at the two.

She nods and get the girl their drinks. "You always were a big flirt. Myself I don't mind vamps, just don't really like um. Every time I meet on they're so shocked by my appearance, like do I really look that bad." She giggles. "So how are you people doing to night, have any trouble with the humans, get a new lover..." She trails off and hums. she should go turn on the music, pop or classic...well she was always fond of sugary dance pop. Lucy finally finish making the drink and handed them back to the girls.

Geoffrey glanced at Ruby, and his lips quirked into an unwilling grin.

"Yes, vampires are known for their taste," he said. He loosened the tie, taking it off and slipping it into his pocket; the last thing he wanted was to be a conversation piece. He'd come here for a quiet drink. "Why else would I wear something this awful?"

He turned his attention back to the lurking horror behind the counter.

"...'Artistic' might be the best description?" he said. If he could blush, his ears would be red. "Beyond that, I don't have a preference."

Everyone was looking at him. Part of him did like the attention, but part of him wanted to scream and hide under a rock.

Fitzgerald hummed a Velvet Underground song under his breath as he stepped into the bar. He glanced over it quickly. On one hand, it wasn't humans, which was a plus. On the other hand, the thing with the teeth was dressed like a goddamn cupcake and everyone else made it so obvious what they were by their clothes. God, where was the imagination? The one guy who didn't seem to be wearing a neon sign saying what he was seemed just so boring, too. There was something he was sliding into his pocket, and Fitzgerald quirked an eyebrow at him.

"I'd like a scotch. Neat."

"Oh artist blood easy to get." She picks up a bottle and gives it to him. "They always are easy to trick and drain bunch of weirdos but whatever." Lucy makes her way to the back and turns of some music, she didn't care if the didn't like dance pop, it was her bar. She came back and looked at the new guy and snorted. "I'll be right on it." She got an big bottle and a glass and walked over to him. "Alright it seems like I got a bunch of newbies tonight how...fun." She grinned.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm sorry, is this trash ironic or something?" If Fitzgerald didn't have such an aversion to all things holy, he would have added a "Jesus Christ" to that sentence. "I can go to my car and get something good, if you have to rely on the radio for your bar. Or make a donation for some decent music." He rolled his eyes, still waiting for the scotch. He turned to the boring guy. "So I think I have everyone else here figured out - but what the hell are you?"

She growled. "If you don't like the music you can get out ok..ok." Her claws grew and she wanted more then anything to tear this man apart. But he was a consumer and she didn't like losing money. She sighed and calmed down. Lucy hated new patrons cause they didn't know her and her bar. She needed a cool down and took out a bottle of whip cream flavored vodka and jugged it down. This was going to be a long night it seemed.

Ruby eyes the new guy as he walks in and takes a seat. Looking him over before letting out a laugh after hearing him speak. "My, my, aren't we just a ray of sunshine? You're at a bar love not a ball. Things aren't supposed to be classy" She says with a smirk and another chuckle at his pretentious and brash nature before taking a sip of her drink.

Geoffrey winced. He wasn't fond of snobs- Lord knew he had to put up with so many of them on a nightly basis- and this guy was a grade-A, extra virgin, high-quality snob.

"If you need to ask, you certainly don't need to be told," he said.

His grip on his cane tightened. It wasn't a fancy cane, not a walking stick or a sword; it was simply a mobility aid, with a rubber bottom and a long, metal handle.

"This isn't a hipster bar. If you want one of those, try Joyce's."

Joyce's was a Toreador club, named after James Joyce. He was pretty sure someone who went there with human blood in their veins wouldn't last the rest of the evening... at least, not without some blood loss.

Wisp walks toward the handsome young changeling, Slyph's and Faries being related and all, she knows that at least Faries love to have a good time. She walks toward him with a glisten in her eyes and then walks past him, but not before caressing his face with a warm breeze smelling of the things that make a man head turn. "Play nice or play with me" she whispered to the changeling. She bumped into the vampire stealing his tie from his pocket. Then sits next to Ruby. "I know what you mean darling" giving a devious smile.

Oh no you don't.

With unearthly grace, Geoffrey snatched the tie back from her hand. He knew it was bad form, but he needed that thing. It was his only weapon to fend off the bullshit that surrounded him. ...Well, that and an unhealthy love of Kubrick, but ranting about Full Metal Jacket wasn't quite as effective as wearing the ugly tie.

"I think this is mine?" he said. "Thank you. I didn't notice I'd dropped it."

"Oh please, I just want something that isn't shitty. And a drink." He rolled his eyes. "Besides, I at least have some taste, and my clothes don't scream from the goddamn rooftops that I'm a werewolf." He turned to the other girl. "Yeah, I'd rather play with the guy trying to make a statement about the country, even if it is the worst attempt at postmodernism I've ever seen - not to mention unoriginal."

He rolled his eyes a second time, and leaned towards the America guy. "I guess they didn't get it, huh? Man, these people in here are so dense they don't even pick up on ironic anti-patriotism statements."

She turns to him and pouts. "Oh poo, I got caught. To think that someone wanted that tie is a crime" she whips up a small wind "I'm doing this for your own good, babe" and with a few tiny slashes the tie is cut into thirds. "Ah" she smiles "Don't you just feel better, that tie was just killing the air in here. Just feel the change." She did feel a little guilty on cutting his tie up but it had to be done. "Lucy this handsome vampire's next drink is on me. kay?"

"Well you don't like it but I do and since I own the bar I could care less about you opines." She hands him his drink. "Fey think they're so hot, whatever watch out I might pull out some iron out on you." She sighs, man she really needed to put a no asshole sign on the door. Maybe if he gets drunk he won't be so rude. She does change the music but now it's jpop. "Alright Wisp will do." That girl never knew when to take a hint

Ruby gives a coy smile to Wisp as she sits beside her before looking back at Fitzgerald. Her eyes flash gold before returning to their green color just as quick. "Depends on what your version of taste is. Being pretentious isn't "taste" it's just a sorry excuse to hide who you actually are. I mean unless you are truly an absolute asshole well then by all means, be who you are. And that was my intention" She says with a laugh. "I am a werewolf and am in no way trying to hide who I am. I'm not in a human bar, I can be who I am and why, when I hide it the rest of the time, would I have any desire to hide it here?"

Geoffrey was stunned speechless for a long moment.

"...In what universe is that acceptable behavior, young lady?" he asked. His grip on his cane tightened to white-knuckle levels. True, he had a spare tie- when he found one that ugly, he stocked up on them- but he was still angry that someone thought that kind of violation was acceptable.

He turned to Fitz and Ruby.

"Well, yes," he said, quietly. "That being said, there's something to be said for artistic integrity, isn't there?"

"Oh, so your species is all you are? That's kind of sad. No, that's really sad." He clenched his fist at the new music choice, then decided not to say anything. Maybe silence about this would get him his scotch faster. "So, according to your ideas of taste, I should be wearing one of those fairy wing things you buy at Target for your three year old, right?"

"Thank you. See... whatever you are, it isn't too obvious. You'd have to tell me, at least."

"It's a style and maybe if you wear some of those fairy wings you'd be a nicer person." Lucy handed him the drink hard. She went back and drank some more, hopefully he would leave and not stay all night. "How did you even find my bar, it impossible for human and quite hard for non, I made sure."

"Of course not. But after being a werewolf for 250 plus years it's a big part. And for someone who is calling us dense you're not too bright it seems either. "She turns in her stool to stare at him straight on before taking another sip of her drink. "I'm not saying to go around wearing fairy wings. I'm saying be who you want to be. You shouldn't judge others on what they choose when it has no impact on your life. My idea of good taste is someone who is confident in who they are. Not someone who has to tear into others to feel better about themselves because they aren't happy with who they are" She states getting frustrated with this guy "Though if you really hate those wings of yours I'd gladly rip them off for you" She says her last tone changing drastically to almost dangerous with a hint of a snarl. Her patience was wearing rather thin with this guy and it was stupid of her to let him get under her skin. But she did not tolerate those who attempted to break down others when they got enough of that from humans. This bar was an escape from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back