• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Five Kingdoms - The Fall of Sarthenfall - Ic

What do you want for Sarthenfall Ch. 2?

• 2nd generation!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I’m not ready to let go of my original OC just yet... (stick with current characters)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Bitch I ain’t sticking around for Ch. 2 HA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • And...I want a female antagonist this time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • And...I want another male antagonist

• BOOOOOTH! LETS HAVE 2

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Prequel about the original five hero’s!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Just...no. No Sarthenfall 2. This is just awful.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Annabel's eyes went narrow when Cale figured out that it was her. "Hi Cale, and I thought that was going to work." said Annabel, who dropped the male voice.
She then took out the lock picks from her disguise's right pocket, since Annabel did put those in there by taking it out from the picnic basket. "I was going to help you out anyway, Cale, and is being a boy one of those lies? Because you did looked like a boy to me." said Annabel.
Cale's gender or title never bothered Annabel, for she is still Cale to her. Although, she was curious why Cale was lying about that. 'Cale is a girl?! I didn't see that one coming, because she looked like a boy. What does Cale mean with a few lies anyway?' thought Annabel, who was curious about that.
Annabel did managed to open the door for Cale, and saw what she was talking about. "Yeah. I am not going to talk about that, Cale." said Annabel. She did saw Cale's little problem, but wasn't going to bring it up after this point just to respect them.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Raymond Callahan and Baxter Callahan and Clyde Callahan

tumblr_o7dxf721zS1s623yqo1_500.png
Raymond carefully moved a hand through his hair as he peered at the Fransen map in Baxter's hands. All they had to do now was act their parts. Ray slightly parted his lips, but was halted by the sudden outburst of laughter from one of the throne room's entrances. His hazel gaze landed on who he assumed to be Azalea under all the powder stuff Armani probably covered up her scars with. "Hm," Baxter simply replied raising a brow at the princess who referred to him as a square. If anything, he took it as a note to probably slouch a bit more during their time at Fransen. Pulling off a travelling merchant act might actually even be trickier than he thought. Bax couldn't remember the last time he left the Northern kingdom or stepped onto any kingdom's actual streets. It might help to get Priscilla or Ivanna on his team for this one.

"Ehem," Raymond cleared his throat confidently walking toward Azalea before presenting a hand, "Pardon, I don't believe we've met." A small smile snuck onto his face when he took Azalea's appearance in. Ray wasn't used to seeing her in a full face of makeup. Her disguise was perfect. Honestly, the guy probably would've not recognized her if it weren't for the familiar laugh she emitted a few moments ago, "I am Doctor-."

"Uncle Teddy is that you?!" A familiar little voice sounded causing the guy to shift his gaze to the nephew. Clyde was standing by three guards with curious wide eyes. Just a few moments ago, Clyde asked a guard where his uncle was. He figured that after a full night's rest he would finally meet Ray again before they left for Fransen. The boy was aware of his uncle almost dying from the Shades the previous day. His father didn't usually leave him in the dark about real events.

avi-angel-1500592983.jpg
Clyde's face twisted in confusion when he saw Ray and Bax looking at him with familiar eyes, "Father, is that really you?" "Clyde," Baxter nodded in response snapping the boy back to reality once again. "UNCLE TEDDY!" The eager nephew ran up to Raymond and gave him a big hug, completely forgetting the pact of not calling him Teddy.

Well, now it was out! Fortunately not everyone was in the throne room yet. Ray lifted the kid up with his left arm returning the hug with his right. Even if Clyde had been calling him Uncle Ray for the past two months, he just couldn't blame him. "Hello!" The boy smiled and waved at Azalea not realizing who she was. There was a hint of familiarity though that he just couldn't shake. "Doctor Jackson Winchester," Raymond continued his earlier introduction before being cut off by his nephew. His right hand extended itself out toward Azalea until Clyde gave it a high five.

"Ha," Raymond slightly broke character placing Clyde back onto the ground, "Ya think Leinad might be up to something?" Don't get him wrong. He loved the little guy, but if they didn't sort out names then someone was bound to yell out their real identity. "Probably. I'm going to check!" Clyde announced with a wave at Azalea and his father once again before turning and running down the halls in search of his friend.

5c5d08afe3d8c2c3bb3ed2de8c8bbe31.jpg
As soon as Clyde left, Raymond adjusted his collar and placed a hand out toward Azalea. "I'm not waiting for more than five hours this time," He smirked recalling how it almost took a whole day to get to know the group he was travelling with.

Meanwhile, Baxter was scanning the group members currently in the throne room. "You will be with me," The rebel leader bluntly stated at Priscilla after she commented on their disguises, "I go by George Remington." A smart choice knowing that she seemed to have a lot to talk about. Priscilla's knowledge of the kingdoms' current states would surely help him pull off the travelling merchant role.

"I think we look good together," Raymond casually shifted himself by Azalea offering her an arm to put her's around to prove the point. They were both professionally dressed enough to be in the same group. Baxter didn't quite trust the two of them together though. Something in him just screamed mischief. "Ivanna, you are going with Azalea and Raymond," He ordered looking around the throne room for any other group members. Once again, it was another smart choice. Ivanna didn't seem like the type to mess around. Hopefully, she'd set Azalea and Raymond in place.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow NinjaGirlGamer NinjaGirlGamer Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Leinad heard the boy coming from a mile away, and took it as an opportune time to hide. He hid behind the corner of another hallway, silently waiting with a grin on his face. It was a grin like the one that was always found in his father's face. The child's thoughts instantly shut down however, as he had quickly learned not to dawdle on the past, for the past haunted him like a nightmare, and the future gave him a deadly hope. As soon as Clyde came near, Leinad jumped out, swinging his sword a solid 3 inches from Clyde's face, just to make sure he didn't hit him unintentionally.

"Halt! " He stated loudly. The boy wanted one thing, and that was to practice. He wanted to remember being a help as an enemy to the shades, not an ally. He had managed to steal a couple boy sized swords from the armory, and dropped one at Clyde's feet, along with a scabbard that strapped onto one's back. He looked at Clyde, waving him to follow. "C'mon! Let's go to the courtyard!" Leinad bolted off at a fast pace, one that would be a tough one to keep up with, at least by another boy. When Leinad finally arrived in the courtyard, he waited for Clyde, who was not to far off, to catch up. Leinad was hunched over, out of breath, with his hands on his knees.

Ivanna opened her eyes when her name was called. She looked to the two people she was going to be with. Oh great, she thought. She could already tell these two will get on her nerves. Ivanna already knew Raymond of course, but the other one seemed like a hot head to her.

Ivanna lifts herself up from her nap then stretches out her muscles before walking over to Ray and Azalea. The glare from her sharp eyes shot a warning to both of them to not get on her bad side. She simply walks past them “I’m going for a quick walk” She told directly to Baxter. Leaving the throne room for a five to six minute walk.

With the sword still on her back, she wandered towards the courtyard. Ivanna spotted Leinad and Clyde, one of them having a sword. The sight of it makes remember how young she was when she first touch a sword, her first battle, her first kill, they didn’t have any kid sized weapons though. She had to force her body to lift the heavy swords no matter how much it hurt.

“Again!”

A young Ivanna struggling to lift up the sword, only for her opponent to take the opportunity to kick her down using his knee impacting the face.

Gripping the grass, she tries to lift herself back up. Getting back on her two feet with the rage in her eyes.

Ivanna stands there for a few moments before turning around walking back in the other direction. Passing by the others walking towards the throne room. Upon entering the throne room, she walks over to the steps and sits down on them. Pulling out her dagger then examining its sharpness.

Xanto Xanto Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

"Oh, George eh, Priscilla curtis. Looking forward to helping you out around Sarenthall!" Priscilla said stomaching her own need to vomit at being so sweet sounding. She hated acting this way and knew she had to do this. But baxter better give her something to kill at the end of this whole thing. "I hope you know I have to act that sweet. I have to put on this sweet disguise so I don't try and kill anyone that badmouths me. Especially any noble, yes when you are on the run people try to capture you or kill you. There is a third thing that can happen but we don't talk about it... Period. But know I may or may not be sought after due to an incident with a burning tavern. No it was not me who started it, somebody could not handle their alcohol, bandit saw me and tried to catch me, I bolted, end of story."

Xanto Xanto
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey no coming in here without some clothes that can fit me! I ain't opening this door until you say you have some clothing!" Cali held the door shut trying to make Annabel understand the situation on hand. "Even if we are the same gender I ain't letting the hot springs incident happen again!"

Blackrose7 Blackrose7

"Fine. I will go get your clothes, Cale, and please don't bring up that incident. Because I reminds me of what Baxter almost did in the screening tent." said Annabel, who face was a bit red from that.
She went to the sewing team, so they get some clothes for Cale. Once Annabel has done that, she went back to Cale, and gave the clothes to her. "Here you go, Cale, and please hurry up. We need to go to the throne room as soon as possible." said Annabel. She didn't want the others to keep waiting for them to arrive there, thanks to Cale's little problem.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

F48BCF57-A29B-4922-9BEF-E0BF9B4CD0A3.gif
ADRIAN GALE

Shades covered the area of the new destroyed rebel camp. Living in there own victory till something came. Fear struck even these demonic beasts as a black line streaked the sky. Whatever creating it engulfed in the beginning of it as it curved down and towards the camp. As it got closer and closer a screaming could be heard. Resonating from the trail like a banshee in the night. It moved quick and clearly with a purpose as it pointed down at the camp bringing a feared cry from some of the lesser shades. Then it hit, rocketing into the ground in a plume of black smoke that quickly cleared to reveal a man already walking forward. Adorned in a pure black outfit of a massive trench coat, riding pants and boots with a nice button up top and a dress vest. Adorning one hip hung a black axe and the other a black kukri knife. The look on his face one of rage as he stopped after a few steps.

“WHERE ARE THEY?!” He screamed in anger making the shades around him jolt. Giving each one a look of impatient wait for an answer they knew he wouldn’t accept. Still one had to step up. After a second one shade stepped forward. Fear coursing over its body language as it have him a look that explained it all. Adrian let out a low growl before his hand shot out grabbing him by the neck and pulling it close. In response the shade grabbed his hand with its and tried to fight back with fear.

“You lost them didn’t you?” He asked into the creatures ear. It hesitated before nodding. Rage flushed over his face as his grip tightened around the shades neck making it struggle and soon start to flail in fear and wail. It continued as his grip only tightened till the shade went limp in his hand.

“Useless.” He mumbled under his breath as he dropped the body and looked to the rest. “Spread out! Sift every corps and passer left of this place!!!” He yelled at the remaining shades who all shot off instantly to do as commanded. Leaving him to think. Growling more in anger he mumbled things about how he shouldn’t have trusted this to mere shades. Sighing more he rubbed his eyes a little before he looked around.

"where did you go." he munvled to himself as he scanned the surrounding area with a keen eye. Crouching down he looked down to all the foot prints and spoke. “Let’s find you.” He whispered as he gently placed his hand on the ground. Focusing in a black mist started to poor from his hands before a wave of black energy shot out from his hand in a pulse. In reaction a group of footsteps became highlighted in a way. Shadow versions of the footprints popping up in the air which brought a smile to his lips.

“Don’t worry.... I’ll find you soon enough.” He said as he started off after the trail of steps. It didn’t take long before they disapeared behind a large pile of stones. Smirking at his success. Holding his hands out in front of him he focused in as tendrils of a black mass spewed from his hands. Twisting and turning into the air till it reached the rocks and slid under them. Grunting a little as the rocks started to shift and move, cracking and grumbling under the forced movement before finally giving way to the path behind them. Once it was clear the tendrils shot back into his hands and he let out a gentle pant.

“There you are....” he said softly as he looked over the shadow footprints moving down into the tunnel. Looking back to the various shades he gestured for them and they fearfully shot to his side. Surrounding him till they where all there. Looking down the hole as Adrian spoke.

“Don’t mess this up again.” He said to them before geasturing for them to go on which they gladly did. Shooting down the hole to follow it at the command of there master.

Cali snatched the clothes from behind the door, rummaging around as she got her new clothes ready. Slowly Cale didn't walk out, but a fully clothed female. "I know this sounds crazy but let's say you know how to make me look like this. I'd rather not reveal it yet. Ray will have one of two reactions and I don't want to have either one happen. Unless this is already- No me! We are going through with this and not keeping the others waiting." As the now female Cale walked forward it was still clear that she still had her Crossbow. But now she had hidden it far out of sight. "Now come on Annabel we got a meeting!" Cali shouted as she moved to the doors of the throne room entering without much of an announcement or anything. Hardly a word to the others.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Xanto Xanto

-----------------------------------------------------------

Aversa was busy getting her knives back when she saw the black line in the sky and all of the calling cards of the only shade lord she tolerated. "Well took him long enough to show up. Hey! Who said you could leave!?" The shadelord shouted as she grabbed a shade before throwing it into one of the few remaining fires hearing it's screams. "I'm going to give Adrian a summary of what has happened. Follow what he said and make sure those brats don't get this place ever again!"

With that the shade lord slowly walked over to her 'comrade' with an annoyed look on her. "Well took you long enough to show. The brats escaped. And I had the midland princess right in my grasp before some sack of pus went and made some sort of weapon that shot fire. I naturally had to back out due to what fire can do to us. And old everything is a pain hardly did nothing but break down a door. Not even sure if he's around still or not. But knowing you, well the brats don't have long to hide. And I want in on hunting them."

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

“I know what a maid looks like, Cale, because I used to be a royal castle maid before. Also, I am not going to reveal it, since Raymond is very noisy when he is curious about someone,” said Annabel. “What should I call you now? For I will need to know that. My fake name is going to be Alex, and did I sound like a boy? I am not sure if I sounded like one when I tried to do that to you, Cale.”
Annabel was curious about what Cale is going to say, for she does need to know that. “Alright, and I am coming.” said Annabel, as she also went to the throne room. Once there, Annabel holds the doors that Cale has opened, and entered the room saying nothing.
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi , Xanto Xanto , Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow , and everybody else.

442703e6aec7b885fffde6bed4ce37c9--haircolor-lilies.jpg

Azalea Eve Windfore

She wasn’t the least bit suprised of Baxter’s reaction, honestly, the guy couldn’t take a joke if it slapped him in the face, but it made her smile all the same. That was just Baxter, formal, stuff and sturdy. She glanced over at Raymond, and Azalea arched a brow, her smirk smug as Raymond strided towards her, the absolute definition of confidence as he held out his hand.

Azalea chuckled as he began his introduction before being cut off abruptly by a small voice at the doors, she glanced over at Clyde, the other wee chit, whom glanced between both brothers, confusion written clear on his face before Baxter confirmed his suspicions.

She couldn’t help but giggle to herself at the cuddly nickname Raymond was given by his nephew, whom was scooped into a giant bear of a hug. She smirked, arching an eyebrow amusedly at Raymond over Clyde’s shoulder, an expression that could only mean teasing later.

She dipped her head in greeting to Clyde, her red ringlets bouncing in front of her face, her familiar wry smile almost an obvious giveaway to her features.

Azalea couldn’t help the small smirk that came over her face at his fake name, and she’d extended her hand to grasp his own before Clyde slapped his hand, a small giggle erupting from her. Gads, she adored kids. She pushed the smile away, a trace of it still showing as she gave a curtsy that as far more graceful than she intended, years of dancing ingrained into her fluid movements. She mentally envisioned her sister, her formal, genuine smile, her straight posture, her polite but firm voice as she lectured them. She pictured it all, and took it into herself. Today, she would be Violet.

Azalea’s voice was uncharacteristically formal and polite as she straightened, “You may call me, Violet Haftenshrier.” She introduced, a hint of her familiar wry smirk visible on her painted red lips. She ignored the pain of longing in her chest at the use of her sisters name.

Soon enough, Clyde had been sent on his way by Raymond, she glanced over to watch him run out, only to be blocked by a curtain of bouncing ringlets. Impatient and annoyed already, she quickly ran her hands through the curls, loosening the ringlets into waves, not seeing the hand Raymond extended out to her in the process, her view blocked by a curtain of hair as she brushed her fingers through it. She did however, hear his comment on the waiting, which she replied with a laugh and a snort, “Are you sure?” She asked wryly, “Sounds like ‘Uncle Teddy’ isn’t very patient.” She teased with a snicker, letting her hand drop to her side as she finished smoothing her hair into waves, her expression the very definition of smug.

In truth, the disguise did not nearly make Azalea look as ugly as she felt, indeed the makeup only made her look older, and less striking than usual, her yellow-green eyes filled to look a muddy green, along with the absence of her scars and freckles and her darkened brows, but she was pretty all the same, perhaps more so.

Azalea turned her attention to Baxter, who was now organizing groups, and couldn’t help but think she and Raymond could blend in perfectly together.

It seemed his thoughts matched hers as he stood next to her, voicing his own opinion as she glanced over at him as he extended out an arm, which she looped through.

Gads he’s a handsome bludger, she thought to herself with a smirk, before giving her a mental slap. Get it together, Azalea. War was not a time for relations or ‘love’. It was a weakness, and war was about making sure you’d live to see through the day, and the next, and the next. She furrowed her brows momentairly in thought, and shook away her grim thinking.

Azalea’s expression was positively feline, the essence of trouble and mischief as she partnered with her literal, partner in crime. Glancing away from their looped arms and towards Baxter, who had an unreadable, yet slightly suspicious expression plastered on his features before commanding Ivanna to join them. She suddenly had the slightest feeling they were being babysat by the grumpy woman.

“Damn, there goes by plan to set Fransen on fire.” Azalea said sarcastically, obviously directed towards Baxter, though her gaze followed Ivanna as she passed the pair, shooting them a gaze full of hell itself, a warning, before briskly telling Baxter she was going for a walk and exiting the throne room.

“Ooooooooh goody,” Azalea drawled, her eyes staring at the door Ivanna had just left behind, “she seems like such a peach.” She said dryly, talking to both herself and Raymond.

Azalea was unfazed from the woman. Perhaps long ago, she might’ve been intimadated. But that was before she’d endured—well—alot. A menacing glare was a slice of cake these days. She’d been through far too much to be fazed by a glare.

Ivanna wasn’t gone long though, returning within a few minutes or more, and Cale and Annabel followed suit.

Azalea’s feline expression returned as her gaze locked on Cale’s disguise. “Cale makes an awfully good girl,” she remarked wryly, “Seems fitting considering he acts like one.” She joked, before her gaze traveled to Annabel. She made an average boy she supposed, her features still quite pretty enough to the point where she made a rather pretty looking boy, or perhaps young at that. Azalea quirked her head to the side and up at Raymond, trying to gauge out his own reaction to everyone’s disguise.

Xanto Xanto Blackrose7 Blackrose7 NinjaGirlGamer NinjaGirlGamer Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:
Angie quickly delivered Aurelie to the hairdressers along with the orders to “make her a peasant”. That being done, the young woman slipped off to the tanners to get some leathers to fashion into some kind of costume for this.

She came up with the idea to be a frontierman almost immediately- she had seen plenty while she was in Ezeris, or even in the North, when she came here. She just had to look the part. The question was... what the hell was going to do with her hair?

She had been standing in front of the mirror for a few minutes, contemplating the limp flop of hair she had. It was too short on the other side to really do anything with it except... cut more off.

For some stupid reason she felt apprehensive about it. Why did she care? It was jut hair. It’s not it wouldn’t grow back in a month, or a week even. What was it?
It was part of her identity.
The shorter half was her own attempts to disguise herself as a man, while the longer half was her identity as a woman. One half was Angelo Gale. The other was Angelique.

She picked up her trusty knife and with that thought in her mind, she started cutting.
When she was satisfied, she sectioned the thinnstrip of hair left on the top of her head in part and started to braid down her scalp. It was an unfamiliar look too her, but she had seen it fairly commonly on Ezerisian men. One big braid running down the center of her skull.

With that, she draped leathers and furs all over her body over the tan hunting clothes she managed to pinch from the tailors, and finally, finally, made her way back to the strategy room. There she found most of the group had returned. Her internal crisis about her hair had taken up more time than she thought apparently.

“... well, isn’t this a motley crew?” She stated, stepping into the room and finding a wall to lean on.

"Motley he says. Had no idea this rebellion holds such beasts. And not even an ounce of respect to you milord. These people have not the slightest clue as to what manners are or how to treat nobility properly. I fear this rebellion may not be a good group to work with." Cali or Cale whoever they saw was talking uttered in disgust. Nailing the voice of a maid that was upset that the common folk had chose to refer to him in such a familiar term.

"This is lord Alex of Ezeris. An honest worker and a cut above the standard ezerian nobility." She said giving a respectful bow to the disguised Annabel.

Blackrose7 Blackrose7 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Xanto Xanto

Raymond Callahan and Baxter Callahan

Raymond smiled a bit when he felt Azalea's arm wrap around his. His gaze shifted to focus on her just in time to see her brows furrow though. At this, Ray raised a single brow ready to question the princess until Baxter ordered Ivanna to join their team. The younger brother observed his surroundings, watching Ivanna approach as he listened to Azalea's supposed plan to set Fransen on fire. Raymond then glanced at Baxter who naturally dismissed Azalea's sarcasm with a cold gaze. However, by this time Azalea was too distracted by Ivanna.

Raymond was about to welcome Ivanna into their trio until she told Baxter about her quick walk. As she left the throne room, Ray casually shrugged at the thought of the look she gave him and Azalea. "We will leave as soon as the others arrive," Baxter stated to the small crowd in the throne room. "She's the female version of Baxter I tell you," Raymond joked in a low voice so that only Azalea could hear. It wasn't offensive at all . . they were both just strict.

Baxter merely blinked at Priscilla's story about setting a tavern on fire even though she didn't start it. He silently listened and waited for her story to end, " . . Let me know if you see or hear anything suspicious." Baxter wasn't too familiar with Fransen. Hopefully no man or woman would cause a scene triggering one of the group members.

Eventually, Ivanna returned from her really quick walk. It didn't take long for a woman to suddenly enter the throne room with a boy-ish Annabel in tow. Who-? Raymond thought to himself with a confused expression on his face. Never in his life did he see a woman who looked like-, "Oi, Cale you did well!" Raymond announced with a smile. His work partner was unrecognizable under the feminine frame Cale managed to somehow pull off.

Another familiar voice caught Raymond's attention, this time having him shift his eyes to the opposite side of the room. There Angelo stood sporting an Ezerisian hair style. "Do ya think I'd look good in that?" He authentically questioned tilting his head lower to look at Azalea.

Then, Cale spoke. By gosh he sounded like a woman too. "I believe everyone is here," Baxter began with the intention of leaving the castle at once, "Cale with Lord Alex. Angelo with Aurelie. Now, we must all arrive separately in different places at different times." Each pair or trio fit in certain social environments that others weren't able to, "Doctor, I expect you and your group to take to the upper class professionals. Lord Alex, your duo will take to the nobility. Priscilla and I will look for commoners. Aurelie and Angelo, commoners or lower class."

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow explosiveKitten explosiveKitten NinjaGirlGamer NinjaGirlGamer Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Clyde Callahan

avi-angel-1500592983.jpg
Huff. Huff. Clyde was running down the hall as fast as his legs could push him until Leinad suddenly jumped out of no where swinging a sword near his face. "AH!" Clyde screamed around the same time Leinad yelled a halt. Clunk. The sound of Leinad dropping a small sword and scabbard at Clyde's feet lightly echoed down the hall. In which case, the younger boy picked up the items not letting his eyes leave Leinad. Before Clyde could properly wear the scabbard though, Leinad was off. "Where are you-" Clyde put a hold on his question running after Leinad as he shamelessly struggled to get his arm through the scabbard. Relief finally hit the kid when he saw Leinad stop at the courtyard catching his breath.

Soon after, Clyde quickly arrived taking in every breath like his lungs were about to pop out. "Y-you didn't even let me wear this!" Clyde exclaimed waving his small arm around as the scabbard loosely shook around one of his shoulders. After taking enough big breaths to keep his huff at a little over a moderate rate, Clyde resumed properly wearing his scabbard, "What's the rush anyway?"

The boy's eyes momentarily looked around the area as he correctly fastened the scabbard on, stopping at one of the camp's newcomers who turned around and walked into the castle once again.

TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays NinjaGirlGamer NinjaGirlGamer

Last edited:
Leinad grinned at the other boy's reaction. He had been raised in poorer family in his village, and hanging out and running around all day with the other kids was a normal and everyday activity. Leinad remembered the days when he had played knight with all of the other childen, his record was 5 of the other kids at once, he had always been a stellar wooden swordsman, but he struggled with the weight of this new one a bit. It wasn't to heavy for him to lift, but it was surely out of his comfort zone. He finally looked back at Clyde, taking a breath before replying. "Because we are here with the resistance to help, and while they are out there, we are in here!" He took a deep breath as the realization came to his tongue. "Do you know why? It's because we would be dragging them down. I don't want to be dragging anyone down. I wanna be someone they can rely on. Someone that helps. I don't want to be someone who is useless to this resistance. "

It was then that he took a swordsmen's stance. He had copied it from a soldier he had seen in the battle, the one that had died trying to save him. He then spoke. "Are you ready? Or are you chicken?" The child waited for either an attack or a verbal reply .

442703e6aec7b885fffde6bed4ce37c9--haircolor-lilies.jpg

Azalea Eve Windfore

It was later on in the late afternoon, the sun beginning to sink, when the group departed for their trip to Fransen, each traveling separately in their assigned pairs to avoid suspicion, different times and all so that their mission would go for a success. The trip from the castle to Fransen was a long, two-to-three hour trip.

It felt like days until she and Raymond had reached Fransen, the ground had been blanketed in thick snow, slowing their progress, though thankfully, the sky remained clear. Azalea dismounted Wind-Cleaver with a huff of breath, her black boots sinking into the snow with a sounding crunch. As she tied Wind-Cleaver up to the narrow truck of a pine, she wondered if some of the others had arrived and were somewhere in the small village, or if they were still traveling downhill through the thick, pine forest.

She finished tying her horse up with a final yank before further pulling up the hood of the black cloak she’d drapped around herself which went down to her ankles. Her dress was of little help against the cold weather, so the cloak was perfect for shielding her against the cold. Not only that, but the hood made good cover for her noticeably different colored red hair.

She waited for Raymond to finish his own preparations before beginning the trek towards the village.

2bde5169ac5ea929d47c436be453dde97f144635v2_hq.jpg
It was a small place, with more shops than homes, and all tightly packed together with unpaved roads, narrow streets, and even more narrow alleyways, and likely a town where everybody knew everybody. All the way out here, inbetween the snowy cascades, these people were on their own, and depending on their views, likely governed themselves in some manner.

The pair received a few suspicious glances, as she was sure outsiders were rare thus far north, but the town soon resumed their hustle and bustle of movement, going in and out of shops, and as the day wore on, more flocked into the tavern: “The Winter’s Edge”.

But it wasn’t the people that caught her attention. It was the papers. They were everywhere, on every wall, every corner of every street. There was no avoiding seeing them. On a town so far north especially, it meant very sour news for them. These had to be in every kingdom and town of Sarthenfall.

Azalea tore her gaze away from the posters as they walked, and she glanced sidelong at Raymond. “Where to?” She glanced about at the people surrounding them, there could be ears everywhere. They had to be careful.

She held herself up her straighter, trying to force away her midland accent and schooling her features into politeness. “We could browse the shops, and then check out the tavern when we’re done?” She suggested to him, her eyes glancing at a few shop signs.

~~
Timeskip: Fransen Mission
Time: 4:42PM

Xanto Xanto Blackrose7 Blackrose7 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi NinjaGirlGamer NinjaGirlGamer TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays

Clyde Callahan

avi-angel-1500592983.jpg
Clyde's green eyes momentarily studied the eager boy in seriousness. Did that kid really want to "spar" against him with an actual blade? It was probably a good idea to keep an adult around in case things got too far. Also, what was this thing about being a chicken? With a sigh, Clyde held his sword tightly in his right hand pointing it to the ground. He'd never heard the phrase before and thought that Leinad wanted to play two games at the same time. A sword scrimmage and bird list?

Clyde knew Leinad was a few years older than him, but that didn't stop him from accepting any challenge. "C'mon, pigeon," He turned his body to the side glancing toward the castle's entrance. His body language screamed that he didn't want to fight. That was of course until Clyde suddenly swung his sword just atop one of the snow-covered big rocks by his side, launching the cold snow at his temporary opponent. "What else ya got, woodpecker?!" The boy copied Leinad's stance with a slight twist in his form. It was an angle he usually saw his father stand in.

TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Baxter Callahan

As everyone shuffled out of the throne room, Baxter signaled Ivanna with a silent universal "halt" of a raised fist. "You are to travel with Angelo and Princess Aurelie," He slowly moved his blue gaze to the woman warrior away from the others who passed them, "Guard the princess." Ivanna's earlier glare toward Azalea and Raymond didn't go unnoticed. Just with that simple interaction though, Baxter realized that there was a probability Azalea and Ivanna could clash. Both their personalities seemed stubborn in their own way so it was safer to put her with the more tame Angelo and Aurelie pairing. Besides, Aurelie was kind of behind with her combat training compared to the other royals.

Baxter just had to trust Azalea and Raymond. He did, but there was always the risk of putting those two together. Him and Aria weren't there to be their level-headed relatives. On the bright side, they seemed to be okay when interacting with one another. In fact, their chemistry was actually not that bad.
___​

Avatar.jpgc9632aff-e188-4c59-8bb0-6cbd717ef04bOriginal.jpg

Baxter and Priscilla were the first two people from the rebellion to set foot on Fransen's territory. They rode in on a wooden carriage thing and slowly came to a halt off to the side of the town. Should be a good spot. Baxter stepped down the carriage before walking over to the other side and assisting Priscilla down the carriage thing. Then, he popped open the back door revealing a smaller wooden cart and some miscellaneous items. As a travelling merchant, it was his job to bring a bunch of random products around town. Little did anyone know that the items could be useful in case the Fransen mission failed.

Baxter unloaded the cart then placed a few objects in it before looking at Priscilla and nodding for them to begin their journey. His eyes looked left and right as they walked toward the area with more people. The wanted papers were on almost every wall, but that didn't give him any reason to back down. Now was the time to get to business. With that thought in mind, Bax turned his attention to Priscilla as he slightly slouched to push the wooden cart around, "We need to make sales."

NinjaGirlGamer NinjaGirlGamer Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Raymond Callahan

Raymond walked into the town feeling gazes upon him. After a few moments of eyeing the ground, he lifted his own gaze to make eye contact with a few of the people looking at him and Azalea. He merely smiled a close smile and tilted his head a bit forward as a silent greeting. Soon enough, everyone was passing by as if they had seen them before.

Small town. Raymond moved a hand through his hair before hearing Azalea suggest their game plan. Most of the places around them were shops so it made complete sense to check at least one of them out first. On a separate note, Raymond noticed Azalea's effort to keep her accent hidden. Maybe he would hide his as well? So, Ray decided to alter his accent. He ended up shifting to a completely new Lorelthian one by accident though. "Sounds good," He stated surprising himself as he stepped up to one of the shops and held the door open for Azalea. Out of all things a Lorelthian accent! But could anyone really blame him? There was one different accent he heard rambling in his ear for the past two months while he pounded away at metal for swords and that was Cale's.

Anyway, Raymond intended to let Azalea know that she was doing a good job with restraining her natural accent and that he agreed to her plan. Hopefully she caught that with his simple words.

The guy walked in after Azalea, allowing his natural curiosity to run free in the simple book shop they were in. It was the ideal place to learn about Fransen's culture or even focus on targeting potential educated recruits. Raymond wouldn't let a book shelf get between him and Azalea though. In fact, he didn't plan on leaving her side. Just the previous day they were both walking up to a monastery then bam! Ten minutes later they were on completely opposite sides of the camp doing their own things. This was different though since one mistake would let them get hunted by their own kind.

Raymond nodded at the person counting a few bills in his hand before going behind one of the many shelves with Azalea. The shop was kind of quiet and there weren't many people in there. Not to mention that the room was kind of big too.

"See anything interesting?" Raymond casually reached out for a random book prior to flipping a few pages into it. His eyes peered up every so often though checking if someone interesting passed by. Occasionally he'd glance at Azalea as well in case she had an inclination to talk to anyone in particular.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Last edited:
Leinad took the first swing coming from Clyde's right, making sure to go slow enough to where even Clyde could block his sword. He then followed through by coming down with an overhead slice, once again making sure to go slow enough for Clyde to block. "C'mon peacock! Give me all you got!" He took yet another stance, this one looking a bit faster than the previous one, it was something simple he had picked up during his days in the village. He thought back to the good old days in the village, trying to avoid the thoughts of his parents. No, not here. This wasn't the time or the place to start blubbering like a baby. Now was the time to face his opponent, so he could face his bigger opponent. He would make them pay for what they did, if it was the last thing he did.

He attacked yet again, this time with something that looked like concentrated rage. He didn't attack foolishly, but seemed to be using the rage as a motivator, and making sure that he was the general, not the rage. That was the thing about rage, it was the best motivator, but almost never was it a good general. He attacked with a combination this time, still going slow enough to not worry about killing Clyde. It started with a swing coming from Clyde's left, sliding up his sword and coming down with an overhead slice. The maneuver was slow, just slow enough to have his sword met by Clyde's, before sliding his sword down Clyde's blade yet again, and taking a defensive stance, figuring he would let Clyde do the attacking now. "Show me what you got, Quail."

Xanto Xanto

(If you have any problems with Clyde blocking his attacks, let me know, and I will fix. I just needed him to block to do some of those attacks)

Angie made sure that herself, Aurelie, and the newcomer, Ivanna, approached far away from the group. She had dressed herself as some Ezerisian frontierman, covered in furs, leathers, and other animal products, presumably to sell. She had a bow and arrows slung over her back along with her trusty dagger. She wouldn’t have been able to heft her sword in her good arm anyway, nevermind the injured one.

Angie had made it so that Aurelie lost several inches of hair (under the assumption that she had ridiculously long hair pulled into a fancy updoo) and had it pulled back into a simple housewife’s braid, dressed in plain peasants clothes. Just a brown dress with a thin white underskirt and corset, at Aurelie’s insistence. Something she seemed determined to keep. Her reasoning escaped Angie. She had worn corsets before, and they were no fun, no matter how long someone had been wearing them.

As the trio wandered closer into the town, Angie filled them in on the story she had come up with.
“My name is Lorenzo Windsor. I was living in the wilderness with my wife,” She gestured at Aurelie, “and you,” She gestured at Ivanna now, “were stopping in during your travels to buy some of our hunting goods. Provisions and the like. Then, the shades attacked us, viciously, and we were forced to leave our little homestead behind. We’ve come here looking for shelter.”

She glanced down at Aurelie, “All you need to do is play the part of the scared housewife, and I’ll do all the talking. Just shake and whine and look scared, you’ll do fine.”
She turned her gaze to Ivanna and blinked. This last minute addition she hadn’t really counted on. It was probably best for Ivanna to come up with her own story.

NinjaGirlGamer NinjaGirlGamer SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

The young man was wandering the castle, hoping for something to do. Most people turned him away from the intricate manual labor, like sewing, or building, or repairing, or... basically everything wth his hands. He was a klutz, after all.

He soon found it in the form of two little boys swinging around real, actUAL SWORDS OH MY GODS THATS DANGEROUS. Why do little boys have SWORDS?

“WWHOOOOAA NOW,” he objected, rushing out into the courtyard, arms extended out to stop any further fighting, “Where did you two get those?”

He looked between the two boys. It was Clyde, and that other kid that had arrived with... Azalea. Ohhh, that didn’t make him feel better. He suspected it was this other kid (what was his name, Leinas? Leibad? Something, he was sure) was the one who had brought these weapons out into the courtyard to mess with. Clyde wasn’t that kind of kid.

“Hooooww about,” he started, reaching and taking the swords carefully from the two kids, “We play a game that doesn’t involve sharp, pointy objects, hmm?” He grabbed the kids and spun them around to look at the castle.
“We have this whole massive castle to explore, and you guys decided to play outside? In the cold?”

He paused, trying to come up with something to replace this swordfighting. How old were these two? Clyde was... nine, he thought? Maybe ten? And this other kid couldn’t be any older surely. They’d still play games, right?

“... I know, how about we use a game as an opportunity to explore this castle! Why don’t we play hide and seek. You two go in the castle and hide, while I stand right here and count to one hundred! Gogogogogo!” He urged them inside and watched to make sure they had run off.

TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays Xanto Xanto

"Well tell me what we are selling." Priscilla said as she rounded the corner, Already practicing her sale voice which was obviously meant to grab attention.

"Rule number 1 of being a merchant. You got to persuade the common man or woman to buy your stuff. Now, I am going to let you try with your first few customers. Remember what I taught you on the way here. And if things get rough I will help you. Now go and tell these villagers why your wares are the best that they have been offered!"
As she shouted she got closer to him enough to where she whispered "Let's see if being a leader translates to being a good salesman." before she turned to the cart they had, ready at Baxters signal to unveil what they had in the cart.

Xanto Xanto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cali and Anabel were the last to pop in. There were a few near incidents of dresses tearing and an incident that neither of them would ever speak of. Trees were wicked creatures. Just like all of the books Cali read had implied.
"Milord I fail to understand the reason behind coming to such a place such as this. We were safe back in the capital, what if that Rebellion had more forces out? Then your father would have a bail to worry about and they may send me elsewhere. I shudder to think what atrocities they would be wishing to pull on one such as myself. Not that I do not know how to defend myself." She patted the side of her dress where she had hidden her Crossbow, and a dagger hidden in one of her boots. She had to admit she could play a maid pretty well, it took a bit to get that more naggy tone of voice.

Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Last edited:
Ivanna was mostly silent during the travel to Fransen. Baxter made a last minute decision for Ivanna to switch groups, it didn’t really much matter to her. Each traveling party were separated by distance so it wouldn’t look like they were walking in all together. Ivanna‘s sword was strapped behind her back, concealed by her thick cloak. Her long dagger on her hip and a few throwing knifes along the belt of her pants.

As they were approaching the town, Angelo was telling Aurelie and Ivanna her fake name and fake story. Ivanna raised the eyebrow on the shades part. “I don’t think we should mention a single word about the shades.” She said in a neutral tone. She could see from a distance wanted posters plastered all around the town “Look” gesturing to the posters, It was everywhere.

“People can connect the dots, even though these are simple folk, they aren’t stupid, so we need to be extra careful.” Ivanna has been in enough towns to know that townsfolk can be nosy to anything. Especially if this was a gossip town, word can travel fast when suspicions arise. “Just say you both were attacked by bandits while I was trying to buy some goods, the house got burned down so you came here to look for a place to stay, also you felt unsafe so you wanted me to tag along.”

The story seemed solid, but one mishap could blow their whole cover. “If something goes wrong, you protect missy over here,” she whispered to Angelo. Ivanna wasn’t one to be the protector of nobody, even if Baxter told her to guard the princess. It would have been easier for her if this was a battle mission. To why she decided to go along with this was beyond her.

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Lily-Beauty-2.jpg

Azalea Eve Windfore

Azalea’s whipped up sharply at Raymond in suprise, his Lorenthian accent taking her by suprise. It was entirely believable. She bit back a teasing joke when his compliment of her non-accent was woven into his answer, she smiled a slight, rare genuine answer, an ounce of pride filling her as they entered the bookshop.

She pulled down the hood of her cloak as the door shut behind them, smiling politely at the older gentlemen, the bookkeeper, behind the counter before she inconspicuously gliding over to the bookshelves, pretending to browse the books as she slowly maneuvered her way behind a few bookshelves.

Raymond stuck to her side, quite literally, as if she may be attacked in any given moment. It was almost sorta touching, if she didn’t have the stubborn need to claim she didn’t need a bodyguard and that she could handle herself jut fine. However, for once, she decided to bite her tongue and take the gesture.

Her eyes traveled over the books on the shelves, as Raymond spoke, her brows furrowing as she plucked a particularly old book from the shelf, flipping through the yellowed pages, “All these books are old,” she quietly observed aloud, “I don’t think there’s one modern book here..” she glanced up from the book, peeking through the bookshelves as she heard the door close, and a couple in their mid-40s perhaps, walked in, still conversing quite loudly.

“—-women. The lot of them, all greedy and power hungry, and now you got your answer, they either sleep their way to the top or murder your way up,” the man said indigigantly as he shrugged off his coat, “You got your answer Marianne, they’re all witches, they ought to be burned at—“

Azalea snapped the book shut, scowling behind the bookshelf.

The woman, Marianne swatted him on the shoulder, “Honestly Robert, you would talk of woman as if they are evil! To your own wife no less!” She scolded as she removed her silk gloves, “Need I remind you the Prince of Lorenthia is just as guilty? And those men...Callahan I think it is, they’re from the East, they’re in on it too!”

“Pah, seduced by the women no doubt! This is why women shouldn’t lead! Now look our country! Ravaged by demons and gods know whatever else is out there. We’re lucky to have a King to take charge of them—“

The bookkeeper spoke up behind the counter, scratching his shiny bald head, “You put too much faith into the man, Gerald,” he said with a snort, “We don’t even know the man’s name, for the love of Gods.”

“There’s talk from the Midlands,” Marianna said, her voice dropping so low Azalea had to strain her ears to listen, pressing close to the bookshelf, still, she only caught bits and pieces of the murmured conversation.

“....dark experiments in the palace...”

“...taken away in the night...”

“...Calore palace...”

“...army...”

Azalea paled slightly, feeling a pit of dread form. What was Soris up to now?

Gerald looked visibly sickened for a moment before letting out a cough. “Well, I’m sure it’s all for the greater good.” He said, adjusting the sleeves of his shirt distractedly, “Probably just to make sure he wipes out those usurpers and traitors of a rebellion.” He gestured ahead of himself towards a few bookshelf’s, grabbing his wife gently by the arm, “Come now, no more talk of this, let’s just find what we’re looking for.”

Azalea watched the couple walk off, her brows furrowed, “What a great load of rot,” she muttered under her breath, scowling for a brief moment before turning an inquisitive glance towards the book she held, “These books are old, maybe they’ll have a couple with answers—Oi! Look for: A History of Sarthenfall will you?” She asked, peeking up the slightest, though she kept her voice quiet, “That rotter stole it, and it’s a damnable hard book to come by.”

Azalea hoisted her skirts up, “I’m gonna go test the civilians loyalty to their new King.” She said with a wry smirk, her voice shifting to a slightly Northern sounding accent as she turned and walked off to explore the bookshop, sighting out the ones that seemed most likely to gosspio. Aria’s voice was the most familiar to hers amoung all others, do her accent was easy to take on, just as Violet’s polite mannerisms were.

Xanto Xanto

Clyde Callahan

avi-angel-1500592983.jpg
Ching
. The boys' swords sounded against each other as they clashed with "force." Clyde quickly blocked Leinad's attack on his right side with both hands wrapped around the little sword. It didn't take long for Leinad to follow through with an overhead strike by which Clyde just spun to his right to dodge. "PEACOCK?!" Clyde almost stopped in his tracks wide-eyed like he had taken offence. His often happy face twisted as he furrowed his brows and snapped his fingers with his free hand, "Let's go, penguin."

What followed next was a little combination attack that Clyde barely kept up with. Clyde's blade basically followed the flow of the older boy's sword just before he confidently pushed Leinad's blade away from his, thus leaving the two of them in different stances. Quail, huh? It looked like Leinad was paying attention in class after all. The youngest Callahan opened his lips to state the sky's mightiest bird, but was interrupted by a familiar voice.

Alex out of all adults was the one to save the two boys from accidentally slicing each others' cheeks off. "I don't know," Clyde honestly shrugged looking over at Leinad. His best guess was that the swords came from where all the other weapons were stored. He wasn't too sure though since Leinad was the one who brought the swords to him. Both dangerous weapons were immediately pulled from the two kids' grasps as Alex spun them around to face the abandoned castle.

"This isn't over, cockatiel," Clyde squinted at his playmate before looking up at Alex and giving a nod at his recommendation. As expected, someone was bound to stop them from playing with real weapons. At least they got to play another game. So, Clyde took off running toward the castle at his usual pace.

TeslaRolePlays TeslaRolePlays explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Baxter Callahan

The usual grump quite unusually relaxed his often tense muscles once Priscilla was done talking. She said something about smiling and being friendly when selling objects along their way there. In order for him to do that though, he had to act like something along the lines of a Raymond. Looking back, it was a good thing Baxter was usually in charge of crafting rather than making sales back in their blacksmith shop in Ezeris.

The rebellion leader cringed when Priscilla raised her voice at him about "telling the villagers why his wares were the best." Baxter's brows instinctively furrowed themselves before his partner switched to a whisper. With a sigh, Baxter quickly turned away from Priscilla prior to trying his best to smile. His face twisted in all sorts of fashions before he landed on what he thought was just the right look. After using up all his pride, Baxter sharply turned around and started walking up to a few random people. This traveling merchant wasted no time whatsoever. If he could fight Shades then there was no doubt he had the courage to smile at random people he probably would never see again.

Baxter made his way up to a couple of women looking through one of the shop's windows and stopped just a few feet behind them. "From imported jewels in the West to carefully crafted gadgets from the South," He smoothly introduced, watching them slowly turn around in interest. A small smile crept up on his face as he raised a brow. "The items in this cart can satisfy your needs," Baxter's blue gaze looked into one woman's eyes before gradually shifting to the other's, ". . and desires."

It was all uncharacteristic. His tone was smooth and his movements were natural. In fact, it almost seemed like Baxter was tapping into someone he once knew . . himself. Bax cleared his throat nodding at Priscilla signalling for her to unveil the cart's items, "Perhaps you beautiful ladies would like a demonstration?"

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Raymond Callahan

Raymond's gaze followed Azalea's focus to the loud couple entering the bookshop. The husband was busy ranting about women, saying something about all of them being witches. Shut. Ray immediately looked back at Azalea once she closed her book. Thankfully, the wife decided to scold the guy before Azalea did it herself. Ray knew that it would have pained the princess if she let that man's words slide by with no punishment.

Perfect. Raymond thought to himself realizing that the couple was talking about their famous group after hearing the wife refer to Cale, Baxter, and him. The bookkeeper eventually piped up somewhat taking the wife's side with a logical argument. There was no doubt that the bookkeeper was a traditionalist. He was unsure about the new king's reign as anyone should be.

Raymond zoned out the moment the wife's voice dropped. Curiosity got the best of him though as he refocused his attention on the books and searched for nothing in particular to keep him occupied. After a few seconds, Ray swiftly glanced at Azalea catching how intently she tried picking the wife's words out. Right then and there he knew what she was thinking.

It didn't surprise him to hear Azalea's signature line about rot and its great load. Regardless, Raymond nodded at her request and diverted his attention back to the books looking for A History of Sarthenfall. The mention of a rotter previously stealing it puzzled the guy though. "Who is the rotter?" Raymond raised a brow a bit lost. By the time the confused guy looked back at Azalea, she hoisted up her skirts and left. There she goes. Raymond thought to himself moving a hand through his hair and keeping a close eye on her at the short distance between them. Alright, A History of Sarthenfall.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

0459D1A7-FC4F-479F-BC1A-07C205BCE5B0.gif
Adrian Gale

Adrian was about to step down the path after his shades until a very familiar and somewhat irritating voice called to him. Another shade lord by the name of Aversa. An interesting character and the only shadelord to even show a small likeness to Adrian not that he even cared to be liked by his other brothers and sisters, finding them.... inferior. Sighing softly as she instantly went into talking about how she nearly had them and how she was annoyed he had just showed up and how she wanted to accompany him. Glancing to her before back to the hidden path way he spoke holding back the anger in his voice.
“So you lost them....” he said with clear agitation at the fact that she, a shadelord was even here and couldn’t manage to catch a bunch of fragile humans. The part about a fire spitting weapon did intregue him but he didn’t show it as he glanced to her. Noticing that she was actually serious about accompanying him he couldn’t help but let out a half hearted huff of a chuckle.
“You really think your in a position to request things of me? A shade lord who failed to catch a few puny humans with an army of shades at her call.” He asked turn to her with a cold heartless, angered glare plastered on his face, only heightened by the scar over his eye.
“You can rethink your request. Besides I’m sure someone would very much like to know why you let them escape hmm.” He said showing clear distaste with her. With that he took a few steps forward his eyes locked on her for those steps before he looked to the tunnel as he started down it. About 10 paces in he called back.
“You can tell our master that I won’t fail him like you did. Oh and if you do pursue my kills or me, I will kill you as if you are one of those puny humans.” Adrian called back to her without looking. With that he left down the Tunnel.

“The light fades around you with ever passing second, and I am the one to tear that las bit of light and life from your eyes..... Azalea..... it won’t be much longer.” Adrian spoke softly to himself as he walked down the tunnel, into darkness. Into the path that will lead him to his goal.

Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Aversa was silent as Adrian walked off. Her mind going back to the person behind her failure to capture them. That man with the weapon, but as she thought she slowly picked through the many shades minds. She had to figure out something, someone to manipulate. Someone who could be useful. Then it hit her as she hit a name and a voice. One who knew one of the higher ups. And slowly she picked the voice from the void of voices and then in a single word she mimicked the womens voice. "Don't worry Baxter. Clyde won't be alone for long." She started to walk off in the opposite direction of Adrian. He was following the direct path. And she knew the man who barely escaped went another way. But before she was gone she hollared back. "And the same if you get the south brat, or the north brat those are my marks. You can have the traitor and all of the others!" And with that almost as if a ghost she seemed to vanish.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

-----------------------------------

As if on cue Priscilla opened the cart up revealing the many wares that her and Baxter scrounged together. "Well come on and take a look! See what my cohort has to offer you."

She was taken off guard by Baxters more smooth tone of voice. It just sounded wrong in her head. But as she listened she realized Raymond had that same tone of voice when him and her met. "Maybe it runs in the family. But gods I feel like I'm in one of those romantic books I read as a kid, except a lot more death and destruction."

Xanto Xanto

Leinad was irritated to say the least. But instead of facing trouble, he replied with a quiet and grumpy "Yes sir." He trudged off, not even thinking about running yet. It wasn't until he founded the corner that he bolted... And you can guess where. Straight back to the armory. He was a determined pain in the butt at least. However that's assuming one could call it determination and not just being plain stubborn. When he arrived, he grabbed a sword, it was a bit to big for him, but the weight made his arms hurt. Maybe he would learn faster with it. He switched out scabbards, this new one was long enough to touch the ground if it hung at his side, so he had to get a scabbard that would fit in his back. It took a lot of tightening, but he finally got it to fit. He sighed, and ran off at top speed yet again.

He arrived in another room, he had never been in it, as most rooms of the castle. (Aside from his small escapade of running around and questioning guards to find the armory, he didn't really have any experience in most rooms) He figured it would do for a hiding spot, and he took his sword from his scabbard, something that has become normal for him to watch since the shades had come, but something that was abnormal for him to be doing. A picture of his father and mother as they his him in the basement hidden under a rug flashed in his mind vividly. He swung the sword, working on the techniques he had seen others used as tears fell slowly but surely down his cheeks. He wouldn't let them take anyone else he cares about, not anymore.

They had already taken his only family, they wouldn't take the people he had gotten to know while he was here. He swung his sword, over and over, at millions of invisible opponents to anyone watching, but visible to him. He shade after shade fell in his mind, he had seen them fight before, knew what they were like. Even though they were nonexistent they felt real. But then one hit him, stabbed right through his arm. He leaped back, screaming in pain. "Don't kill me! Please! Don't do it!" It wasn't until he looked down at his shoulder and saw that there was no wound that he had disappeared. The stress of battle had taken a toll on the boy, and it was starting to become clearer.

He sat down on the floor, crying almost silently behind the crate. He tried to steel himself, to focus, to do anything except cry. But in that moment, that was all he could do. He sat there, barely letting out a sniffle for fear that the noise might alert someone, if he hadn't already. It was clear that the stress wouldn't go away until every last one of those creatures was gone. He slowly stopped crying. Every last one repeated in his head. It was then that Leinad decided. He decided he wouldn't feel satisfied until every last one of them was gone. It was then that he decided he could cry for his parents. HE made a promise to himself in that moment. He would'nt cry again, not until they were gone. All of them. His cheeks were still wet from the tears, and he didn't have the motivation to wipe them away, but they had stopped flowing.
@Everyonewhogivesacrap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back