• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the first EPAAM outbreak

Saul

idk
Saul submitted a new resource:

the first EPAAM outbreak - Join a roleplay where an extraterrestrial virus is giving humans extraordinary abilities.

(This roleplay was inspired by a character of mine called Pam)

http://www.rpnation.com/showcase/pam.4021/

THE FIRST EPAAM OUTBREAK

The Extraterrestrial Particle And Atom Manipulation pathogen, aka EPAAM, a virus found aboard the Kepler alpha asteroid when it fell to earth in 2016. At the time only one person was infected, a young man, given the title of...
Read more about this resource...

Freyja was curled up in her cloak and sleeping in the abandoned warehouse she had found months ago. It had taken her months to find a decent place to live and at least this place wasnt to wrecked and had somethings left that were manufactured there. This place made mostly household furniture, and most of it was still wrapped up when it was abandoned. So she managed to get herself a clean mattress and block of a good sized corner to make her home. No one had found her yet which was why she liked it so much there, and making a fire wasnt to much trouble if she could find things to burn. When she woke up, the fire she had made was almost out. So she grabbed more broken pieces of wood and threw it on. She blew a small amount of fire and had it going shortly after. She drank some water and started her day.

Shona is awakened From darkness and brought to reality from a forgettable dream, red light washes the interior of the metal bird commonly referred to as a Black Hawk helicopter. the destination is unknown to him, and the chopping air from the hawks blades does not help him think clearly in his haze, the only things he knows is that he received orders to pack his things, leave ranger school, (which he wasn't too pleased about) report to his commanding officer for further instruction, then put on a helicopter to who knows where... All this was not making sense, Terrorist? why so many at one time? why, was all Shona could think of until the chopper entered restricted air space, that's when he knew he had arrived at their destination. When the chopper landed, an airman opened the cabin door from the outside letting Shona be the first one out, the weight of all his gear pushed down on him, his legs not fully awake from the 3 hour flight.

Making his way away from the landing pad the realization of just how large the base was a little surprising, The sky was black and no moon shone a figure stood just off the landing pads and about 4 other people filed behind shona at attention, waiting for the figure to start talking and designating wherever they needed to go. It only took a couple of minutes for orders to be barked out from the now commanding officer they lined up to get their directions, Shona was placed into a unit that only he was apart of at the moment which he couldn't complain with since he never liked being the new guy around. From what he was told his barracks was to the left part of the base and nearest to the outer wall, Easy enough, It only took him 25 minutes to find an empty set up long tent with cots and not much else. wasting no time to pick a bunk he sets down his gear, provided by the U.S. military, and sits down taking time to run his had over his almost bald head and try to wake up.

Arie walked through an ghost town. There was an old near by gas station. He checked it out, "obviously somebody was here before me".Food, water, and weapons he only took the food and water. He walked out and checked other buildings but nothing was to be found. Arie walked up the staircase to the roof of a tall building. He sat on the ledge looking down at the ground below. He Leaned forward slowly and fell of the building and hit the ground. He felt his bones break and his lung bones crack and then his neck. His bones started to fix themselves but some had to be twisted back in place. When all the cuts have disappeared and then he got up and walked away he didn't want to stick around here any longer.

Freyja fixed her bed and went over to the boxes she kept her food and checked the mini fridge, "Damn" She sighed and realized she was out of a lot of things, so the first task of the day was to scavenge for her food and try to stay safe. This place was pretty deserted so food was scarce from the other people who were infected and trying to hide out. She lifted her hood to cover her head so no one could see the horns protruding from her skull.

Sitting in the large enclosed tent, an officer walks in and looks around only to see Shona, "Ehem.." The officer pronounces, making the soldier look up and hastily stand at attention. "At ease soldier" Shona relaxes and stands at a parade rest, letting the officer look him over, then taking out a file from under his arm before speaking again. "I have an understanding you were at ranger school?" Shona doesn't reply as he knows it would waste the mans time, after a few more minutes of the officer looking over his files, he speaks once more. "Since there's nobody else in your unit, were going to put you in a joint operation with another squad for training" "Permission to speak sir?" Shona asks. "Go ahead" "What type of training will be implemented?" "You will find out soon enough solider. You will report to the staging area with Echo company..." was all he said before walking out and into the array of moving men and roaring engines of the military base. Doing as he was told to, Shona Grabbed his vest that had all his ammo and pistol including grabbing his G3, It wasn't long before he came across a squad that was from Echo company. They were a lot like him, New, inexperienced, and no idea what kind of training would be taking place, There was little time for talking since they all needed to hear which helicopter they were taking to the training ground. The training area was an old furniture Warehouse that the military had never used before which needed to be cleared, Easy enough. With 5 guys including Shona making six made their way to a landing Black hawk (that seemed to be their favorite type of transportation) that quickly took off within minutes.

In the chopper the leader of their squad laid down the basics of the training op, go in do a quick sweep, take down some imaginary targets and get out. The weird part about it that gripped shona was that they had live rounds, why live rounds for such an easy training operation? Pushing the thought away he starts getting his game face on. Not too long after take off the Chopper starts to slowly go horizontal and then come to a hovering stance, seconds later ropes are deployed and the squad of six is heading down to the concrete below. Once down, the team is stacking up against one of the warehouses doors ready to breach and clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freyja opened the nearest door and looked around, she adjusted her hood and figured now was the best time to run. "ok..lets go!" She started to run and was heading towards one of the abandoned grocery stores. She found a stopping point at another smaller warehouse taking a breather. She looked around and thought she heard a helicopter and started to panic, 'Could that be the hunters!" She looked around to see if she could see any hunters and tried making a run for it again.

The team breaches the Warehouse doors and covers each other as they enter at a fast pace but not in perfect form. They split into two groups containing 3 men that go into different isles weaving between furniture as they go, With their weapons raised they try and check every possible angle moving through within 9 minutes. After confirming the breach and clear a semi-success the team takes a few minutes to hang around letting Shona actually meet some of the men, They were all genuine people that joined the military under similar circumstances and were transferred to the special unit to fight terrorism. after some time of hanging around and telling some jokes their squad leader started talking about how there was a hit about a high valued in their area of operation, The squad was getting serious now, checking their gear they were ready to head out, and within moments they had their weapons raised and their boots thumping on the cement, heading towards Freyja's last known position.

Freyja was panting and tired when she finally reached the small store, it may or may not have anything left inside it. And there could be anything inside. After a run through the store she had some bottled water and some meat she found frozen downstairs. She stuffed it all in a bag and stepped out of the grocery store. This is where she knew it was going to be dangerous. If there are hunters running about it would be difficult to get back home. She wished there was someone else around, she had a friend long ago but she two had disappeared at some point.

Pam slowly moved his wheelchair to the phone at his desk. It vibrated, the sound emanating from it pierced the eerie silence of the room. Pam flipped it on, not picking it up due to his weakness. One text message was written, it simply read

one breach, warehouse, 2 miles

Pam looked as stern as ever, he moved his head in a circular motion to click it, and then pushed against his knuckles to click them. The Extra hunters had found an Extra, and he had to act quickly so that she wasn't taken. An elevator opened on his floor, and four men entered the room, they were all extra's, one of them announced that he was here to aid Pam in the investigation of the warehouse breaching, and continued saying that he could shift into anyone he saw, he also said the other three could, and that they would all pose as extra hunters saying they would aid the breaching ones, get close, and take them down. Pam nodded and so the shifters wheeled him out of the room and into a helicopter, it was a black hawk, Pam had created one a while ago for such missions, though it did take him a long time, as he had to create everything for the inside of it too. The shifters loaded Pam on and shifted to look like known Extra hunters, they had them detained at base.

The helicopter arrived shortly, as black hawk's are renowned for their speed. The vehicle touched down to earth, and the shifters got off in military fashion, one of them taking Pam down with him and placing him one the ground. Pam did not make his way into the warehouse however, and waited patiently outside.

The Six man team was covering ground at a good pace, but not as nearly as fast as others would have it, They split up into two groups once more heading into a V direction with one treading towards a small Grocery story and the other going to a gas station, Shona was with the group that headed to the gas station when their small group stops for a minute to watch a Black hawk Come into view. They were relieved that they had some back up since this HVT was highly dangerous and they were only just getting in training, Only seconds later they charge into the abandoned gas station, taking high precaution and switching from safety to single shot. It was pitch black in there, only the flash lights they had illuminated the place, there was radio silence, a little un-coordination, and nervous sweat, they were hunting a terrorist.

The men travelled with the group, though their radios were communicating with Pam. They breached a gss station, travelling into the pitch black. This was there chance. All four of the shifters approached the back of one of the real Hunters. They quickly took them down in a few swipes, they were trained highly, but now two hunters were left, and alerted to their falsity. There was a black haired guy and a nervous looking blonde. "Put down you weapons and get on the floor" The shifters ordered. they didn't want to deal with another fight. and despite being highly trained their weapons were not real. As Pam had never seen the schematics for the real thing and had only seen one held by a soldier he could only create the appearance, and so they were at a disadvantage.

Shona had turned around Flabbergasted at the site of the team mates he had just met on the floor, He then quickly looked to the blond ans thought that if they could take them down easily they would have a slim chance of getting out of there, He then thought of the Soldiers creed going through it in his head, *the mission always comes first, I will never accept defeat, I will never quit, i will never leave a fallen comrade behind..* he thought to himself. With a quick reaction he throws the blond behind him and starts shooting in the direction of the four men, just wanting to suppress them while they made a quick retreat, he started yelling at the blond to knock down the the back door to the station and tells him to radio the other squad. Shona gets back up and heads inside once more to retrieve the fallen comrade.

Arie turned around at the sound of guns being fired. He looked to were the gas station is "what the hell"?".Quietly he walks towards the gas station "who could it be?" He whispered. He walks trough the doors to only find pitch black. He quickly pulls out a flash light. The light slowly searched the room. He found a group of people and he though they were hunters judging by the weapons. Arie sort of panicked. He ran through the window and started to run.

When she started running once more her hood almost fluttered off and she had to slow down to keep it up. "God please just let me get home.." She stopped by an old building and looked around, and it seemed to be clear. So she started to run past the gas station when she heard gun fire. She yelped and fell to the ground dropping her bag and covering her head. She was a sitting duck in the middle of the roads there but she didnt know where bullets were flying.

He ran faster and faster of course not paying any attention to what's in front of him. He tripped and quickly got up. He looked behind him at the gas station. He saw a teenage girl ducking on the road. "What the hell why isn't she running?!" He crouched down slightly and walked fast to the girl. He tapped her shoulder "hello?!".

Freyja gripped her hood and almost jumped out of her skin when someone tapped her shoulder. In fear she had a flurry of fire escape from her mouth barely missing the guy. "I-im sorry! sometimes I cant control it! Your not one of the hunters are you?" Her bright red eyes were struck with fear by all the commotion around her. He wasnt dressed like one of the hunters but she was never sure.

ooc: since saul isn't posting I'll post once more.

When the gunfire started ringing in the air the second squad that had entered the grocery store came bolting out and heading towards the gas station when one of them notices a fire Bloom in the night and tells the other two men, only one other man goes to see who was out there in the dark. The two soldiers start creeping up on their position until they are 10 yards away. "Show yourslef! or we'll shoot!" one of them yells.

He makes a look "you nearly burned me and that's no fun". He look a at her and then back at the gas station. "And no I'm not a hunter I think it's best if we get out of the area" he looks around.he hears the warning shouted out and refused to show himself or the girl. A bullet hit his back where his kidney was. "If we are going to run nows the time!" He grabbed he girls arm and started to run.

The four shifters ducked, though one of them got hit squarely in the head, He crumpled to the floor. For a couple of seconds nothing changed about him, until suddenly it was like his skin began to peel off, revealing a scaly, reddish being, which appeared to be humanoid. It was obviously the original Appearance of the shifter. As one other shifter attempted to revive the downed one while cursing under his breath the leader of the group radioed Pam. They informed of the situation and told him he had to take action, and so he set off towards the escapees positions. After some travel he reached them, they appeared to be about to breach. He approached the blonde and said, innocently. "Excuse me sirs, I have appeared to have become lost, could you help me, I can't get very far on my own"

Shona had run back in to retrieve their comrade then stopped and loosely held on to his gun almost letting it fall to the floor at the site of a reddish scaly being that was a soldier. "W-what?!" he was barely able to let out as his grew wider like saucer shaped dishes, at the time the blond was radioing for help a person walked up asking for help "what are you doing here?? You have to leave this place now" he said nervously not thinking it was strange that there was a random person walking around with no fear. Shona started tripping on his own feet trying to backtrack to the blond while knocking over empty shelves, blundering his way through the darkness.

Freyja's eyes widened, "I really am sorry" She lurched back when a bullet passed through the mans body and gasped, "Your bleeding! But i guess that does mean we need to go now.." She could hear the men shouting at them and wondered if it was safe to go back to her home. She grabbed her bag of food and decided that for now it might be. "Please follow me! I know of a place we can hide but you need to trust me!" She gave a weak smile and helped the man up. 
(I should be back later..Its getting hot over where I live and this dang apartment with no AC isn't helping but I will be back!)

Levian awoke with a jolt, a white light flashing in his eyes, it slowly faded though, just that same damn dream. Sitting up he stretched, his wings spanning outwards behind him about fifteen feet, they were a pearly white, but they had dust on them, flexes the strong muscles connected to his back he flapped his wings up and down two to three times and the dust was shaken off. Standing up he stretched again ad his wings folded in against his body, giving him some extra heat. Stepping over to the broken cabinets he pulled out a cotton long sleeve button up shirt and put it on over his wings, and then cut two slits down the back side of the shirt, rolling up the sleeves and only buttoning up two of the buttons he stepped to the wide window and jumped out of the fifty foot building,one,two,three. And right as he was about to hit the ground and break all his bones his wings unfurled from his shirt and he started to glide along the ground, Sending a a gust of wind beneath him he lifted himself into the air and started hovering mid flight when he reached the top of his building, turning and looking around he saw commotion, within instants he was there flapping his wings hard above the gas station, maybe he could cause some commotion as well, he twirled his finger around, as if circling the little gas station and the wind started to pick up, first little things started to float in the air and circle the store, then box's started to tumble around, then large object, He let out a psychotic laugh and looked about the chaos he had made "This may be fun, but who is up to play" He was no longer Levian, he was Icarus. Icarus fell to the floor and lightened his fall with a gust of wind pushing against him, his feet touching the ground he started forward, towards the gas station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back