• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern π“𝐇𝐄 π…πˆππ€π‹ π–πˆππ“π„π‘ β€” 𝐨𝐨𝐜 𝐭𝐑𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝.

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
new lore is up! mind any errors, I quickly whipped this bad boy up.

while I hope this answers some questions, it does leave more questions hehe. does getting scratched by one make you become one or his calvin making a mistake? who knows? that’s for you guys to discover and for me to laugh evilly in the shadows.

one thing I will say: that lore post and the interest check are set on the day of the roleplay, aka the initial infection.

I’ll maybe provide one more lore post before applications are due (something government related I think)!
bro your lore is so so good πŸ‘€

also you guys are all simps smh

omg the lore, it's so good?!?!
Jason Sudeikis Snl GIF

idiot idiot I love the lore stuff so far! Very excited for more.

Just as a quick question, is covid canon in this RP? It's had quite an impact on stuff in real life and this is set just a year from now, so I'm wondering if the recent pandemic will be ripe in everyone's mind or whether it just didn't happen in this setting and the covid is replaced with zombies a year later? Thanks :)

idiot idiot I love the lore stuff so far! Very excited for more.

Just as a quick question, is covid canon in this RP? It's had quite an impact on stuff in real life and this is set just a year from now, so I'm wondering if the recent pandemic will be ripe in everyone's mind or whether it just didn't happen in this setting and the covid is replaced with zombies a year later? Thanks :)
ahh excellent question! I’ve been meaning to address this! for the sake of people who have been affected by covid, I think it’s a good idea to have a setting that doesn’t involve covid! while I understand it’s been our lives for the pass two years, it just feels tasteless to include it in such a setting!

and thanks for the positive feedback guys, it’s very nice to hear!!!! :-))

wip for jessie is posted. this is my first time writing for a hard-of-hearing character and i am learning SO MUCH. is good.
Yo that's awesome! I was thinking of pulling off a similar move with my second character Solomon's baby girl - a tragic septicemia infection very soon after birth would leave her as a deaf-mute. I thought it would be a good way to circumvent the possible issue of having a baby cry loudly at unexpected times when the rest of the characters are trying to not attract the attention of the zombies. I can relate and say it's also been really interesting to research about it all and learn

while I hope this answers some questions, it does leave more questions hehe. does getting scratched by one make you become one or his calvin making a mistake? who knows? that’s for you guys to discover and for me to laugh evilly in the shadows.

one thing I will say: that lore post and the interest check are set on the day of the roleplay, aka the initial infection.

I’ll maybe provide one more lore post before applications are due (something government related I think)!
7zhp-1.gif

Thank you for the delicious lore and writing as always connor πŸ’«

i’m obsessed with your brain, i love the new lore!

I posted most of Benjamin and will post his history tonight so he'll be finished then!! Been loving the characters and the face claims of everyone so, also I never knew mr cumber patch had so many cucumber photos and I feel like I learned a lot from this thread already lolol
Excited Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

ooh the lore is extremely good I πŸ₯Ί enjoyed so much. as are all the incoming cs' fantastic to see it !​

Yes. Goooood.
2B07ABB0-E124-4980-A3CC-16BA7E449EFE.jpeg
Haha! Lore looks heckin’ fantastic!!

Last edited:
oh i loved that little snapshot!!! all of it so absolutely gorgeous description and brutal. it really sets the scene and the tone.

14373981.jpg

me trying to wait patiently for deadline

lore is so good im in love with the writing

posted my second wip, casey is like 99% done i just haven’t added the history yet in case i need to fix something while working on the second

only a few more days!! keep me posted if you have any questions or such!!

andy should hopefully be finished by the end of this weekend aaaaaa; i've just gotta write her personality summary and history then clean everything up

idiot idiot what temperatures are they having in campton falls? because banff seems to be having a rough time (from a swede's pov anyway) πŸ‘€
oh yeah its gonna be cold cold! banff's temp is probably the best indicator. so we are looking around -5Β° in the day while it can drop to around -14Β° at night! I thought having to factor in the weather would be a great addition to the usual apocalypse stuff.

Alberta also very known for the dry winter winds from my brief time there. Nipping af but at least it doesn’t chill ur bones like a wet cold

Well, the weather outside is frightening,
But inside is equally frightening,
Everywhere you try to go,
Frightening, frightening, frightening.

Love the added dynamic. A winter-scape with zombies should be fun to explore! Bring on the snow, babyyyyy.

Snow is falling, lore is slamming! I'll be posting Brax's CS after weekend. Hyped for deadline :3

idiot idiot With the deadline approaching, just thought I'd ask if there's a specific time (and the timezone) for when you want the applications in for.

...I promise I'm not procrastinating :-)

oh yeah its gonna be cold cold! banff's temp is probably the best indicator. so we are looking around -5Β° in the day while it can drop to around -14Β° at night! I thought having to factor in the weather would be a great addition to the usual apocalypse stuff.
oh definitely agree! sweden had some unusually cold temperatures a couple of weeks ago where we hit like -18Β°C during the day so i can feel our character's pain :-)) but at least -5Β°C is doable if you dress for it!

idiot idiot With the deadline approaching, just thought I'd ask if there's a specific time (and the timezone) for when you want the applications in for.

...I promise I'm not procrastinating :-)
i also second this notion,,,, no procrastination here πŸ‘΄
well I’m in aus, so I was thinking 7am, 22nd of december (AEST, GMT +10). I have a flight at that time and was going to go through all of them then hehe.

if that isn’t enough time for anyone please do let me know as I’m probably ahead of most of y’all in terms of timezones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back