• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Final Masquerade | Volume: ONE

kjsprk

Ex Ignition Hero

Welcome to The Final Masquerade | Volume: ONE

images

*This description IS a bit lengthy, just a warning. Please read it all if interested.

Time Line Below

Early 2000's-

Man kind advanced quickly in the early 2000's, maybe too quickly. The advances in medical science and weaponry was beyond what anyone could have predicted. Nuclear war became a plausible threat to humanity's existence but also brought about many other threats along with it.

2022-

World War Three began, following the already devastating war of the European war, known as the World European War, which started in 2016 and ended five years later in 2021. One year of peace was all the world was given.

2041-

World War Three brought humanity to their knees by their own doing after the United States, France, Russia, North Korea, and other countries used nuclear force during the war. This was the causing of the war's end, but it also forced humanity to move their existence to Europe and Africa considering all other places on Earth were uninhabitable.

The human population was barely over a four digit number...

2050 to 2071-

After almost ten years of living in one place of the world, rumors of habitable areas in the America continent was flung around, thus sending the overly populated human race to venture out and put the rumors to the test.

2072 to 2073-

Humans started fleeing the North American continent when the rumors were found out to be false when the left over radiation caused humans to contract a virus that kills host than re-animates the body. The disease was appropriately named "Boiling Death" on account that a person's skin will boil from the moment they contract it, but will take 4 hours to kill the person.

The South American continent, however, experienced different effects of radiation. The people who ventured to the lower continent developed an ability to use their mind to move physical items, but came at a cost. The heavier an object, or the more frequent the person used it, the less energy that person would have, over work yourself and you could die. There were roughly 200 humans that first traveled there, these people mastered their new abilities and became known as Specters.

The South American continent was now renamed "The Lands of Wonder" and the North called "The Wastelands". Both continents where isolated from the rest of the population. The only way to get past the wall of the The Wastelands, was to be sentenced to death there. To get into the Land of Wonders, you must know someone who has access there, they must have a boat, a ticket from the Specters, and no weapons aboard the ship.

Life stayed like this for a while...

2104-

The date is currently January 1st, 2104 and you live in the habitable, but densely populated European area, or "Salvation" as people call it. Man kind has reverted back to it's time of Kings, Nobles, Peasants and so on, mixed with light modern technology; similar to a steam-punk or cyberpunk style universe.

Today, the human population is 812,445 and two Kings seem to want total control of the Lands of Wonder.

You grew up in poverty, the revolutionist, the underdogs, and the scavengers. Seeing as though the two richest and most powerful men in the world want the only other habitable land on the planet, you decide to fight against it. There are people who live in the Lands of Wonders and they are fighting against this, but they are out numbered greatly and will need all the help they get.

One day a post labeled "The Masquerade" shows up in the Salvation Town Square offering 10 people the chance to travel to the Land of Wonders and help fight with the Specters against the Kings and their armies.

Kings Info Below

The two kings fighting for power are as followed:

The Gold King-

3rnist the second (Pronounced "Earnest")

evil_knight_by_cuervoman-d5rsshg.png

He's is obsessed with money, and illiterate (That's why he spells his name with a 3 instead of an E). He is a poser in that he constantly wears the armor of a knight, tricking his followers into thinking he is a lionhearted warrior.

Why fight? I could just buy the land!
3arnest II

The Red King-

King Julia Grey

original.jpg

She is a master of deception. She lacks the physical ability to fight, but will seduce her enemies and kill them in their sleep. One the battlefield, she is a mastermind at controlling her troops. She prefers to be called King instead of Queen, yes, she is insane.

Let them fight...I need a show for for my dinner.
King Julia Grey

But are these two kings the ONLY enemies?

Plot/Goal Below

You live in the lowest classes of the population of Salvation and, like what was said before, wish to stop the Kings from taking the Lands of Wonders for themselves.

In Salvation’s Town Square, you have taken notice to a posting for a guild sign-up that will travel to the Land of Wonders and help aid the Specters' in their fight for freedom against the King's and their armies. The guild's name is "The Masquerade". The only requirements for the guild is that you bring your own weapons, your own fighting techniques, and a mask.

You then make your way to Salvation’s port, as the poster has requested, to meet someone named “The Organizer" who's name you will find out in due time.

(Julian Grey, my character)

Have fun and good luck, you'll need it.

Important Things to Note Below

In this world, guns are looked at as last ditch effort means of defense for one’s self. Those who regularly fight with firearms are looked at as cowards. Swords and hand-to-hand combat fighting styles hold large amounts of respect along with them and respect is very important to most people.

**This Rp will be sectioned off in chapters that I will end and start when things get slow. You will all be notified when a chapter ends and begins via Personal Message.**

Questions? Contact me.

-
**The Images below are a GENERAL idea of what each place looks like**

Infected meets a survivor
70ef65251d6d632e32efa7c55f33b779.jpg

The Wastelands
life-after-people-texas-building.jpg

life-after-people-chrysler-building1.jpg

The Land of Wonders
endangered-landmarks-machu-picchu-552a021210.jpg

War-Torn-Syria.jpg

Salvation
size0-army.mil-2007-01-26-091642.jpg

Portobello.market.london.arp.jpg

Questions? Contact me.

-

The things you can't get away from:
rules!

(I made them funny so you might enjoy and remember them)

1. All RpNation Rules apply!

• Pretty self-explanatory...

[*]I'm not allowed to see double...

• Create DIVERSE and DETAILED characters.
  • I will not accept a character who is too similar to a previously accepted character.

[*]I don't even know you anymore... :,(

• Stay true to your character!
  • I will politely ask you to no longer watch this resource if you do not follow your character's description.

[*]No Mary Sue/Marty Stu's please.

• Definition to the terms above is located here.

[*]Zeus? I-is that you? Nope just a cloud.

• No godmodding.
  • Have weaknesses/flaws/drawbacks, it's OKAY to not be PERFECT.

[*]You're not a Jedi...

• Your telekinetic abilities have drawbacks (read Rp description).

[*]Kissy kissy!

• Romance is allowed and encouraged, but there's a time and a place.
  • Make an effort to interact with other characters BESIDES your love interest.

[*]1x1 is fine, but not too long.

• No more than one page.
  • Try to avoid it, if you can.
  • Include others.

[*]If you read all the rules, you'll do this...

• Put a song that describes your character in the "Other" slot in the character skelly.

[*]It's rabbit season!

• No bunny posting
  • Unless no one else is online.
  • Try your best at this one.

[*]Going somewhere? No problem!

• Try your best to let the group know that you're leaving ahead of time.

[*]Going away?

• If you are leaving on vacation for a long time soon, don't sign up or let me know ahead of time.

[*]Potty mouth!

• Cursing is allowed, but please sensor the sh*t out of your swears as much as you can, and only use it to describe your character's mood.

[*]Dead? Shucks! Don't fret Friend!

• You may make another character, only if your original one dies.

[*]5 more minuets mom!

• If you are not finished signing up your character, let me know with *Not finished* or *In construction* at the top.

[*]tRy you'er bestest wif da grammarz; plz <3

• If I can't read it, I'll ask you to rewrite it...like the idiot who wrote...whatever that is above this sentence...

[*]Don't hate the person, hate their character.

• Do not bully others, period.

[*]Write in 3rd person.

• No "I did this." Or "You saw me walking."
  • Use names and He, She, It, They, etc.

[*]No OoC in the Rp

• No role playing and then at the bottom have (Haha LOL srry wasnt pAYing atentin to da rulez so i wroted this :-D).
  • Keep OoC in the OoC area only please.

[*]Up-To-Date?

• Try your best to stay caught up with what's going on.
  • I'll try my best to add summaries when I can.
  • This is very important with the *chapter system (explained below in BLUE) I don't want anyone left behind.

[*]Fun...

• Have a lot of it...yay.

(If your character defies the rules in any way shape or form, contact me and we'll talk. If you don't contact me before I overview your character, I will deny it.

Tip: If this above applies to you, contact me AS SOON as you post your character.) Thank you all.

*The chapter system works like this:

• After a certain amount of time has past in the Rp, I will announce that a chapter has ended and a new one has begun.
  • Chapter switches include things like traveling to new areas, implied time jumps, and other events.
  • At the beginning of each chapter, I will include a brief summary of what has happened in the Rp so far in addition to what has happened during the chapter switch.

Bare with me on this one...

-

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapter One: The Catalyst

---January 1st, 2104: Present Day---

“You’ll need a team. Hang these posters in the town square.” Beau handed Julian a sack of about 10-15 posters. “You can only have 10 aboard a ship, the rest you’ll have to smuggle across in the cargo containers below the deck.”

Julian nodded, “Understood Uncle, thank you.” He bowed, took the posters, sheathed his sword, and holstered his pistols before starting to walk out when his uncle stopped him again.

“Oh wait, I forgot one thing.” Beau grabbed a black mask from under his workbench and held it out towards Julian. “Was your fathers… He’d want you to have it. You think you’re ready?”

Julian put the papers down on a keg of oil and slowly approached the mask. As he went to reach for it, he was struck with a flashback of that day.

---10 years earlier---

“Dad!” Julian slammed on the door of his parents’ bedroom when he heard his father’s scream in the middle of the night. “Mom! Dad!” Julian took a running start and knocked down the door by throwing his body into it.

“Julian!” His mother yelled at the sight of him. She was hunched over their bed with a knife in her hand and a crazy look in her eyes, she started walking toward little Julian.

“M-mom…” Julian crawled back away from her approach. “D-dad-“

“Daddy’s dead! And you’re next you little sh*t!” Julia Grey took a leap at her son.

Julian dodged the attack only by moving as fast as he could to his parents’ bedside where he was met with the dead body of his father.

“This is what happens when you don’t knock! When you defy your family!” His mother yelled in between swings at her son with the knife.

“Mom! Stop!” Julian pleaded. He backed up and bumped into his fathers’ nightstand and a pistol fell to the marble floor at Julian’s’ feet. He picked it up and pointed it at his mother. He had never shot a gun before, and knew nothing more than how to pull the trigger. “Stay back!” He pleaded with his mother. “Guards! Help!”

Julia Grey stepped closer to her son as the footsteps of the guards grew ever so closer. “You gonna shot me? How dare you!” She took yet another leap at her now cornered son.

Julian pulled the trigger. This ignited the bullet, sending the bullet out of the barrel and through his mother’s shoulder. The hot shell tinged against the ground and Julian’s arm flew up above his head and hit the wall he was backed up against. His mother’s blood splattered his face and hands. “…M-mom…?” Julian dropped the gun and rushed to his mother’s side, tears running down his face. “Mom…I-I’m sorry mom!”

“Y-you are no son of mine…” Julia said as her knife hit the ground and she crawled away from Julian. The guards entered the room, guns and swords drawn. Julia quickly worked up some fake tears and pleaded with the guards that her husband and son tried to attack her.

Julian backed away with disbelief. He looked down at his hands and chest, they were caked in blood of his own; one of his mother’s swings with the knife from before must have been a lucky one. “And you…you were never my mother!” The guards began to remove Julian from the room with a gun to his back; a seven year old.

---January 1st, 2104: Present Day---

Julian took hold of the mask he was being handed by his Uncle Beau, “I was ready ten years ago.” He snatched the posters up again, putting the mask in his backpack. He walked out, shutting the door behind him. Julian made his way to the Salvation Town Square to hang up the posters. Dirty looks, whispers, and pointing civilians oversaw his journey. This did not bother him, he wore a smart smirk the whole way.

When at the town square, Julian hung up all of the posters and made his way to the docks. As he took his first steps away from the posters, he could already hear the mass rush of people trying to read them and make their way to the docks to me him. “Here we come mommy.” He thought to himself.

Justin walked around the town square with the seven swords on his back he saw a poster and he smirked and looked at it. I might as well just check this out. He just looked at it and went to the directions he was given he thought it would be the best for him not to fail. I can't fail and I won't fail if they accept me along with their journey...

Akira was walking though town in the shadows, her red cape pulled over her head. She watched a crowd of people gather around the sheet and her curiousity got the better of her. Walking closer, the crowd seemed to shrink as she approached. She looked at the poster, a smile gracing her face. "Looks like I have a new job." She grabbed the poster and walked off towards where the directions were. And just barely visible from underneath her cape was the glint of a red mask.

The town square, the best place to find a job in this day and age, there was all manner of odd jobs and favors people wanted done so one or two odd posters that called for a less savory task never stood out, marked nothing but a time and location where the people like him would find their contracts.

Today though Silas was only here to stock up on a few things, food, water and cigarettes. A bag slung over his shoulder containing the aforementioned goods he noticed a few small crowds forming, curious he decided to investigate. As he approached the crowd and pushed his way through to the front. The details on the poster were interesting, a little odd but interesting, deciding to check things out he tore down the poster and stuffed it into his pocket, despite the protests of the rest of the crowd and headed home to collect up his 'tools' before setting off.

After having collected up his belongings, enough to fill a medium suitcase he headed towards the location marked on the poster, striking a match and lighting a cigarette as he strolled towards his destination.

Terra was walking in town trying to decide what to next. She had just ran away from home and didn't have anywhere to go. But then she saw a crowd of people. She walked up to see what was attracting such a big crowd. She pushed her way through the crowd. When she got through she saw a poster. She smiled and said "Yes! This is perfect." And ran past the crowd and to her destination.

The sound of the strangers body crumbling to the ground filled the silent air save the stray whispers from the surrounding civilians a few groans here and there as they knew they had bet on the wrong person. As Ellion held the bottom of her dust coated boot on the mans thick pulsing throat digging it into the soft section. Her soft pink lips where in a snarl as her expression was contorted with anger,

"This is complete sh*t," she growled pushing more weight onto the mans throat as money was tossed into the make shift ring. The mans spit gurgling within his clogged throat before she removed her foot away from the man and ran a hand through her tangled mess of hair.

"You said I'd lose, and then you come in here lasting less then ten seconds. Just complete cobswobble!" Ellion exclaimed picking up the scattered cash irritably as she stuffed it in her pockets. And stepped towards the crowd leaving the man behind on the ground. As she stepped forward the crowd began to part gradually through out the ally way her reputation as the girl born as the wrong gender standing tall. And soon she stepped into the light of the busy street, the sun reflecting off her bronze goggles as she took a right towards town. Her sheathed sword bouncing off her leg her cloak swaying behind her like a cape as she stepped towards the town squares bulliton bourd a yawn of boredom rising in her throat.

But it halted at the sight of a certain poster, tearing it off the wall she read through it quietly her eyes dancing a cross the page before she looked towards the docks in the distance.

"Oh ya." Was her single response as she stalked towards the area with a devious smirk hoping for a bit of excitement.

Hope walked around asking about his brothers for months now and he was starting to feel home sick. He sat down on the ground and stared at his hands. Why was it taking so long to find them? Besides the fact that there were five and one of him. He stood up and decided to start asking about his father. He walked up to a man walking by and tapped his shoulder. The man turned around " What can I do for ya?" Hope held up a flyer with his fathers picture and information. "Hm? You lookin' for this man? Yeah he came through here a couple weeks ago! Said he was crossing the waters," the man said giving Hope a chance to find his father. Hope nodded and started heading towards docks. That's when he saw a poster he slightly smiled this was his chance his last chance at that. He ripped the poster off the wall and rushed to the docks. He hated to admit it but he might actually find his father.

| - Selena Howard - |

"Look, look, Selly." She heard Agnès shout eagerly as the boy squeezed her hand tighter.

"What, Agnès?"

She asked, turning the way he pointed his finger too. There was a poster, hanging on a wall in the crowded market. From the way it looked, it must have been hanging there for about half a day. At first she thought it would be a notice, or some wanted poster. But no, there was no photo, nor red mark. Without thinking much, she took it off the wall and scanned through it. Someone was recruiting people to go with him (or her?) to the Land of Wonder. Sounds like some idiot looking for suicide.

"What's it say, Selly?"

"Some random recruitment."

"Recruitment?"

She looked at the boy's wide open eyes, sighing. She understood what was going on in that little head, because she, and everyone else in the area, was always thinking the same. Was it a prank, a stupid decision on a whim of a young little one dreaming of adventure, or was it a chance... to make everything different?

"Selly?"

"Yes?"

"You want to try, right?"

"Why do you think that?" Agnès didn't even know what kind of recruitment it was.

"Your eyes are burning. It's only that way when you're angry, or excited. What's it this time?" His voice sounded teasing, as his smile brightened up his cindered face.

She froze, then patted the boy gently. Was she?

(since you didn't say which day or time the group will go, I temporary hang my post to this point XP)

Julian was convinced he'd be waiting a while, he pulled his sword and watched as it glimmered in the sunlight. He could hear some people whispering things about him nearby.

"...yeah that's her son." and "...traitor to the kingdom..." are the one's that stuck out to him.

Julian flashed his teeth to the people around him and swung his sword through the air, clear of hitting anyone. He examined it again, than sheathed it on his back. He scanned the crowd of people at the docks, most of them swarming to find the creator of the posting.

"Hm. I guess no one expects a young kid to be the one they are looking for." He said as he watched a group of rag-tag solider ran past him looking for 'The Organizer.'

Ellion ran a hand through her fiery hair as she held her stoic and determined expression just as her boots met the hard wood of the docks. Her feet echoed against the hard surface as she stomped towards a slender boy with a sword recognising him as her royal majesties son. But didn't find it relevant as she knew he had a bit of a grudge with the women and suspected he was perhaps the person who had created the poster. She stopped in front of him and looked him up and down before speaking,

"You put this poster together?" She questioned holding up the sheet of paper.

Akira took a step onto the dock, the people around her backing away as she made her movements towards the guy with the sword. She smiled, feeling the itch to grab Crescent Rose from under her cape. She walked up to the boy, who had someone else near him. She walked up, throwing off her hood and looking at the kid. Akira looked at the paper and smiled. "I guess your here for the same reason." She said.

Justin ran up to the docks and saw two people and he smirked happy he wasn't late for once. As he was running to the three people he fell into the water. He got out of the water and looked at them both. "Poster-answers-Please" was all he could say and he just looked at the group of people.

Julian was met with two people, and to his demise...both female. His mind went stupid for a moment, but he played it off as a hesitation. He quickly snapped himself out of the typical guy trance he was stuck in and started examining the two that had approached him. They both looked mature enough to handle the situations. Both armed, both looked ready to fight, and both had approached him first.

"That depends...you guys interested?" he asked them after looking them over.

A boy who was running on the docks fell into the water next to the group. 'Damn...' Julian thought as he went to help him out of the water.

Akira smiled. "The Red Hood is in." She said, smiling. "Name's Akira. Pleasure to meet you!" She said, sticking out a hand. She grinned, her smile spreading to her ears. She had a tenancy to look menacing with the hood and look like an adorable teen when she was without it. She was excited to use Crescent Rose again.

Ellion smirked mischievously as if she could laugh at the question but she planned not to. As that was the plan until another boy had fallen in the water in which she collapsed into a box grabbing hold of it for balance as she snorted before beginning to laugh giddily before letting out a dramatic sigh and leaned into the crate more causally pretending to wipe her eye.

"Blondie, there where better ways to make an entrance." She informed, "but I'll definitely remember your face now." Ellion inspected his build quickly before turning back to the original teen she was talking to,

"And I'm very interested."

Hope walked on to the dock after seeing a boy fall into the water. He was about to offer the boy a hand when he got out of the water by himself. He sighed and followed him to ask if he was okay but stopped in his tracks when he heard about the poster. He looked at the poster in his hand then looked at the male that was talking with two females and the guy who fell in the water. He stayed off to the side and listened but he didn't say anything.

Vivian rested in a make-shift hammock she crafted a week or so ago, swaying back and forth as she read through the words written on a flyer. She had been one of the first to get a look at the posters, and even managed to snag one before the crowds became too wild. She had been contemplating whether or not she should even consider such an offer; it seemed like a scam. In all honesty, however, Vivian was bored. It wasn't enough just being feared and having to occasionally threaten people and set things on fire. She needed something to do.

"'The Organizer', huh?" she mumbled, crumbling the paper with one hand. A giddy smile spread across Vivian's lips as she threw herself from her hammock, causing one end to snap to the ground. "What a lame alias." she huffed. With a swift, smooth motion the girl picked up her beloved sword and marched through the town, heading towards the docks.

When Vivian arrived at her destination, she realized then that she had no idea who she was meeting. She stomped her foot on the wooden pier, searching for any signs of the meet-up when... some stranger fell into the water. Of course, the girl just couldn't hold in the laughter. What idiot just waltzes off like that? She managed to stifle her snickering - barely - as she approached the growing group near where the boy fell. Vivian wiped the tears from her eyes before she spoke, holding up the crumpled poster, "Is this the group for the field trip? I brought my permission slip."

Terra saw some people. These people must be here for the same thing. She looked around and saw a little group chatting. Then some one fell into the water and the guy from the group ran to help them. She then notice the girl with the red cape. "Whoa cool cape." She walked up to the girl and said "Hey really nice cape." She said with a smile.

@Icefox11

"First of all don't call me blondie and second of all I didn't fall into the water on perpose!" He said to her he didn't again. He was given a title for a reason and he lived up to it, he always failed with things even walking to the dock as some saw him fail. He just looked at the boy and said "I'm in..."

Julian smirked at the first girl's answer. The amount of people around him suddenly increased. 'Damn that caught on quick...' he thought.

He helped the boy who fell in the water to his feet. "Yeah, I made the poster. I assume you're all interested?" He asked.

He put out 15 posters, he wanted to give a little more time for any others to show up. "If you're in, stand off to the side, if anyone asked if this is the group, tell them to stand off to the side. Flag down anyone who looks worthy to fight. The name's Julian Grey, I presume you all know my mother." He said with a saddened look. "15 posters were put out, first assignment, find all of those who picked up the posters."

Akira turned around, her cape swishing as she turned. She smiled at the girl. "Thanks. I have always liked the color red." She said. At Julian's words, she stood off to the side and showed her poster. "I got one." She said, holding it up. She smiled at the girl who had talked to her. "Name's Akira. Call me any nickname you can think of." She said.

Hope turned his head only to see another girl who was interested in the flyer. He looked back to the group and patiently waited for the guy who made the poster to say something but heard another girl speak to the one in the red cloak. He was startled and almost fell into the water himself when the boy who fell in the water speak to the girl who had short red hair. It reminded his of his sister. He felt home sick again. Hope was snapped out of his thoughts when the guy who said his name was Julian Grey told them to stand off to the side. He just did as he was told and stood where he was.

Justin held out his poster and stood off to the side "My friend gave me this knowing I was gonna attempt to go there anyway..." He said to the boy named Julian. He just looked back at the water and said "I'm watch in you..." So what if he talked to himself he didn't care for what others thought.

Ellion rose a brow when he stated his name, so as assumed he was an offspring of the undeserving royal scum which was his mother. But she hadn't known his real name before, and the right side of her lips slipped upwards.

Julian, a girls name.

As they where given an assignment of standing in a neat nice line she strode up to him and held out a strong hand the wind brushing past her stomach and chilling her slightly.

"Names Ellion, but if you call me Leon I won't call you Julie." She meant the last part as a joke but she had always despised her name, seeing as it always was used against her. Being told she wasn't feminine enough for it whatever that meant, and that she should change in which she did so she preferably went by Leon now so she was speaking the truth when she wanted to be titled that instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back